• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

2 year old a reincarnated Hindu?

Can your son say his 'r's? Can Obie tell us whether Sara is a word in HIndi?

The other thing i was thinking regarding your confusion about your son saying 'owl' is that maybe he was an Indian that also spoke English. Many Indian people speak English.

Vicky

vicky said:
Can your son say his 'r's? Can Obie tell us whether Sara is a word in HIndi?
The other thing i was thinking regarding your confusion about your son saying 'owl' is that maybe he was an Indian that also spoke English. Many Indian people speak English.

Vicky
Yes,most countries do speak English as well as their native language I suppose, so that's a definite possibility. Plus, he could have even been a Hindu living in England in his previous life! My friends and family are convinced that he must have picked the word "owl" up from TV though and I know I cant rule this out.

As for whether or not he can say his 'r's properly, this is a good point, because with the few English words he does currently say, he does get the prounounciation of some of them wrong (i.e. he says "pwease" when asking for something, instead of "please"). At this moment in time I cant think of any English words that he says yet that have the letter 'r' in, so I cant really give you an answer about whether he pronounces them properly. Therefore, the word could really be either sarah/sara or sawa (and the spellings of either of those could be saara, sahra, saawa, etc!). Any help from anyone with hindi knowledge in relation to this word would be much appreciated - even if you just confirm that you speak hindi and have never come across a word like this, at least that would give me an answer!

It's so hard for me to try and do any investigation into the things my son's been coming out with, because I dont speak any hindi and although there are resources available to look up hindi words, there are several potential spellings of the word(s) he has said, so half the time I dont know where to begin!

Thanks again to everyone on here for their comments and help.

Yet another intriguing piece of possible "proof"!

Further to my recent posts regarding the word that my son has been coming out with that sounds like Sarah/Sara/Sawa, which he has been calling everyone, I have been researching on the internet (again!) and have found some info which I think is very compelling. As you will see if you look at this link:- http://www.justparents.co.uk/babynames-57_Zahra.html, there is a hindi name, Zahra, and not only does this sound like the name my son has been saying, it means fair-skinned! I find this particularly interesting because, as you can see from my previous posts, my son certainly seems to relate and feel more comfortable in the presence of people with darker complexions and he has called several people Zahra, which makes me feel like he is almost puzzled as to why everyone around him is fair-skinned! Of course, maybe it is just that he knew someone called Zahra in his previous life, but he does seem to call lots of people around him by this name/word!

maulacat,

Sorry I was away for so long from this website. TO answer your question, Sara/sawa does not ring any bells. However, your name Sonia is a very popular Indian Hindu name. It is pronounced the same as it is here also.

That's a coincidence! I'd only ever heard that my name is a Russian word meaning "wisdom", so that's quite freaky. Is there a Hindi meaning for my name that you know of please, because I'd love to know what it is? Anyway, thanks for getting back to me. In one of my posts above I mention a Hindi name I found, Zahra, which sounds very much like the word my son is saying. Other than this name, I haven't found anything really.

He's still saying the word all the time and calls friends and family it. When he and I are alone he'll say the word a couple of times in his "pleading" tone (that's the only way I can describe it :laugh: !), like it's the name of someone he wants to go and see and he's asking me to take me to see them.

Goodness only knows what is going on in his head and what this word means to him! Maybe we will never know. He is starting to talk more now though, so if there are any details of a past life he has to tell, I think they will probably start to surface over the next year or 2.

Well I did some more thinking and this is what I came up with. Sahara can mean assistance. To give someone some "sahara". "Sara" can mean all. "sara" time = all of the time. Watch the context in which he says it. I hope that helps.

Sonia means Golden. Sona is the word for gold.

Thanks for that Obie. That's good that my name means something nice!

With regards to my son, it's still so hard for my partner and I to tell if he's trying to say "sawa" or "sara" (as I mentioned before in an earlier post), because his pronounciation's still not great! However, he's definitely not saying "sahara", so we can rule that one out. I found it fascinating that you said "sara" means "all" though, as I was thinking how this could make sense: He only uses the word to address people when we're in a group of family/friends, apart from when he and I are at home alone together, in which case he'll say it in the tone that shows he's asking to see "sawa", so maybe if it means "all", he's using it to mean "everyone", i.e. when we're with people he's saying "hey, everyone" and when we're alone he's saying he wants to see "everyone"! It's a definite possibility I suppose.

sara

I speak gujarati which is similar to hindi. Sara means good in

the plural sense. ie saru means it is good, sara means they are good. Hope this makes sense.

Sorry for the digression

I do apologize for this digression. I've been riveted by this thread and wanted to jump in earlier before the topic got so specific. I've got a nagging question about the overall opinion/theory regarding who & where we are reincarnated into. I have heard two schools of thought - the one being that it is fairly random, as in this case with the Hindi/English (American?). But I have also heard that we tend to "travel in circles" so to speak. Meaning, within a reasonable perimeter, we "hang out" with family. Does anyone have any insight that can reconcile these 2 schools of thoughts?

And on a side note - this IS a fascinating thread! I, too, wish I had been "paying attention" during the "babbling" months/years and wonder how much of baby babbling has always been so much more than that!

Both of my children have gone through the "I want to go home" phase, both at around the ages of 3-4. Can't help but wonder how common, if not universal this is!

Hello Jujam,

I don't want to take this thread off topic, but I just wanted to tell you that for example I have past life memories about different countries - and some of those past lives were shared with current family members. So to me it seems the circle of souls we tend to hang around with, can with some complex logic move from one country/continent to another in different lives. I don't think we're together with everybody from that circle in every lifetime, though.

I hope that helps some,

Karoliina

Just a quick update...

No major events to report, but just thought I'd tell everyone about one little thing that my son has started doing since my last post:- When something stops working or gets stuck, etc, my son has started saying "it's dead". How he has learnt the word "dead" or understands that it means something has "stopped functioning", I have no idea. He's still obsessed with cleaning, still calls everyone (except myself and his father for some reason) by the name "sara/sawa".

Yet again - OH MY GOD!

As anyone who has read my thread will know, my son has been using this word "sawa/sara" for a long time, but only using it to call/refer to close family and friends. Well, as you can also see from the thread, I've been desperately trying to explore what the meaning of this word could be, as I was sure it must be significant because of the fact that my son says it frequently and only ever uses it in the same context (friends and family). I previously found and put in the thread some words/meanings which could, at a stretch, have been the word my son was using, and their definitions, but I never felt confident that any of them were specific or accurate enough. Well, after EXTENSIVE :rolleyes: searching on the internet, As you can see from this page, it is a dictionary containing urdu and classical hindi, and it's definition of the word "sawa" is exactly what my son has been using it for! So not only is the definition spot-on for the purpose and context that my son has been using the word, it's even a "sawa" from the same language that my son's other words have been from (hindi/possibly urdu)! I'm amazed, relieved that I've finally solved the puzzle and excited at this new evidence! I love it every time something finally falls into place like this, because when I cant find a meaning for something like that that my son's saying, I start questioning things and thinking "oh, maybe it is just babble after all", but then something like this happens and I'm convinced all over again!

Wow, Maulacat - congratulations! An amazing validation! :thumbsup:

You have such a strong case here, and a lot to go with should your son have any questions or a need to heal from traumatic memories in the future. It's great that you know where he'll be coming from if he starts to talk about his past life experiences. :)

Please keep us posted!

Karoliina

maulacat said:
I was wondering if Obie, who has very kindly helped me with things in my earlier posts, would be able to assist me once again please. Further to my recent post saying that my son has started saying "Sarah", my partner and I have listened carefully to him saying it today and are wondering if he is actually saying "sawa". We were at my Dad's today and he seemed to be calling my Dad it all the time, so we wondered if maybe it meant grandfather or something. I looked therefore had a look on the internet and I did manage to find one reference to this word meaning "grandfather" (please see this link) However, it says that this is the meaning in Modern Eastern Syriac Aramaic, so as far as I know it's not linked to hinduism. Obie, please can you tell me if you know if this language has any connections with hinduism and if not, if the word "sawa"/"saawa", etc has any connections with hinduism that you are aware of? Many thanks, Sonia. x
Hi,

I am from India and I can help you in transalating Hindi words...here "Sarah" means entire....

prabhudar said:
Hi,
I am from India and I can help you in transalating Hindi words...here "Sarah" means entire....
Thanks for the offer of help in translating Hindi words Prabhudar, it's much appreciated. No doubt I will need to take you up on it some time in the near future! :D

maulacat said:
I'd just like some advice/opinions really. My son is now 2 years and 3 months old. Although I've always been interested in the supernatural and reincarnation, etc, I'm the sort of person who doesn't believe something unless I see evidence of it with my own eyes, yet I've always had a strange feeling that my son has been here before. People have always agreed with me that it's like he has an "old soul", because he's always been quite mature, even as a little baby.
Just recently things seem to be happening that support my hunch. For example, my son still doesn't talk properly yet, but about a month ago we were at home and he said "home" for the first time. However, when he said it he went to the front door and kept pointing to go out saying that he wanted to go "home". I tried to explain to him that he was home, but he wouldn't accept this. He has done the same thing several times since and, rather than throwing a tantrum when I try to explain that he cant go out because he is home (as he would normally do with something when he cant get his own way), he just seems genuinely sad that he cant go.

Another piece of what I would now call evidence, is that he has been saying "odd" words for months, which my partner and I have always put down to just being "baby babble" so to speak, but then a few days ago he started calling his Dad "baap". Because he kept repeatedly using it as a substitute for what he usually calls his Dad, we decided it would be interesting to look it up and see if it actually means anything. I was shocked and excited when I looked on the internet and found that this is a Hindi word - meaning father! We were both astounded and tried to find some of the other words he has been saying repeatedly. One of them is "beesa". This is ALSO a Hindi word, which refers to a group of people in a certain level of the Indian caste system. He has also said "dhobi" (sounded like "dowbee" to us) from a young age, which I have now looked up and this is an indian washerman/washerwoman. This is particularly intriguing, because my son has always been obsessed with cleaning from a very young age (and still is), to the point where it made people laugh because it was so wierd seeing this little baby thoroughly polishing and wiping things! If you give him a baby wipe, he will spend ages thoroughly wiping down a whole chair for example, and take it really seriously!

My partner, who used to laugh at me when I said I thought our son was reincarnated, is now stunned and convinced by this new evidence. I'm kind of convinced, but there's always that niggly part of me that thinks I might be being silly. I would be grateful for any advice/opinions, etc. Thanks.

Wow that is very interesting and definately sounds like a past life to me. :thumbsup:

akin

My brother and I called our grandfather Baphoo. (Not sure of the spelling) This was in the 1950's in rural Tennessee. My brother is 2 years older than me, but we don't know who called him this first. Everyone thought we made up the name, ie..baby babble. I have read books about Gandhi, and seen the movie. That's what he was called by many people. They said it meant father, and Gandhi was called the father of India. I'm not saying I have any connection with Gandhi....only the Hindi word that came out of the mouth of a baby.

Interesting raiem. Do you have any feelings, likes or dislikes now in regards to India? Did you and your brother ever say any other words that didn't make sense?

Do you remember anything about a life in India? How old were you when you found out that Baphoo was an Indian word for father?

BTW Welcome to the forum.

Vicky

Welcome to the forum, Raiem, and thank you for sharing that interesting memory from your childhood! :thumbsup:

Maulacat, do you have any updates? :)

Karoliina

Thanks for the welcome!

I was in my early 30's before I read my first book about Gandhi and came across the name Baphoo. My grandfather, whom we called Baphoo, died in the late 1950's, so I was still a child at his passing. Unfortunately, I have no other validation than this from my childhood. My brother isn't really sure that he believes in an after-life, but maybe my reminders to him about this incident in our childhood will open his mind to the continuing of consciousness. I do remember, or have an affinity for several areas. Egypt, India, England and the Yucatan area the strongest. I don't just believe in reincarnation. I know I am reincarnated, yet this "Baphoo" reference is really the only thing, that might be called, convincing to others.

Thanks for joining the thread Raiem. Always interesting to hear from people with similar experiences :)

Karoliina said:
Maulacat, do you have any updates? :)

Karoliina
No new developments at the moment unfortunately, just little things every now and then where you think "where did he learn that?", but you're not sure if it's something he's picked up from TV or whatever. Is it quite common for kids who have past life memories to have relatively long periods where nothing "comes out"?

One thing I would say is that my son seems very advanced when it comes to technology. For example, despite the fact he's only 2 years 8 months, he can already find his way round a computer, work a DVD player, etc. Maybe lots of kids are like that in this day and age, but it just made me wonder if maybe this was another indication that he's "wiser than his years".

I found a link to an article about crystal children on another thread recently. I'd never even heard of crystal children until I found the article, but I was surprised how much it sounded just like my son. I'm not saying that he is a crystal child, or necessarily that I even believe there is such a thing, but if there's one thing I've learnt from the experiences I've posted about in this thread, it's to have an open mind about these things, so I'm not ruling it out ;)

Hi maulacat,

Sounds like your little one made a good choice when he chose his mama and papa this time around!

Regarding the fact that your son tends to like people with dark complexions... I have written here about my grandaughter Helena Rose who remembered her past life when she was around 2 1/2. Helena Rose said that "a bad man" tied her parents up and murdered them. She lovingly explained that "papa" had a "pink...red" beard and moustache.

When Helena was little she HATED all men other than the few she was familiar with. I was with her once when a delivery man came to the house and I will never forget the look on her face...and then she made a sound that sounded more like an animal sound, like a growl. But there was one man that she loved, and she loved him the moment she saw him. Even when she was a baby she would reach for him and just couldn't get enough of sitting on his lap and playing with his beard and so on. Yes, he had a blond beard and moustache.

marsey said:
Hi maulacat,
Sounds like your little one made a good choice when he chose his mama and papa this time around!
Thanks Marsey, that's really sweet :) It does seem that our children may have a preference for people who remind them of their past life friends then eh?! :)
A little update on my son that I thought some of you might be interested in:-

1. He said he wanted to go "home" again today while we were at home. I explained again that we were home and luckily he took it OK!

2. A potentially interesting fact to do with his reading and writing; My son recognises most English letters now (and has even managed to write an "A" a few times:laugh:), yet a couple of times now he's written shapes that look nothing like English letters, but which do look like text. The first time he did it I presumed it was probably just squiggle, where he was trying to write something in English or draw something and couldn't, but he's done it a couple of times now and the shapes were very similar on both occasions. That, coupled with the fact that he seems to concentrate really hard when he writes it, made me think it was probably something I should take note of, so I decided to look in the Hindi/Urdu book that I bought since all this past life stuff started. It didn't look anything like hindi, so at first I was a bit disappointed, but then I looked at the urdu text - and it's just like it! He hasn't written enough of it for me to try to translate it, just the odd random batch of 3 or 4 letters/symbols, but I am intrigued to know if this is what it is. If any of the hindi speakers subscribed to this thread read this, please could you tell me; what is urdu and how is it different from hinduism? Do hindus speak/write in urdu? Something else I've seen my son do once when we were reading a book, was point at the text and pretend to read it, but he traced it from right to left. Obviously this is a bit odd, because in England we read from left to right, and I believe from what I've read that Hindus do indeed read from right to left. This could of course just have been because he still hasn't mastered reading and something any English kid his age might do, but I thought it was potentially quite interesting.

3. He has said something on a few occasions which sounds like "fa-az"/"fah-oz" or something like that. Do any of the hindi/urdu speakers have any suggestions as to what this could be?

4. He is very interested in the moon and excitedly points it out if it's out and says "moon! moon!". He doesn't do this with the sun. I understand that the moon is quite important in Hindu religion.

5. He rarely sits still for more than a few seconds and is a real fidget, but the other day I showed him a video on the computer of a hindu god (I think it was Shiva) with indian music playing in the background and he sat on my lap very quietly and didn't move while he watched it. After a minute or 2 I noticed he looked very sad. I asked him what was wrong and he just looked down at the floor and wouldn't make eye contact with me, like he was really sad about something. Not long after that he went to sleep, so I dont know if he just acted like that because he was tired, but his behaviour did seem quite out of character to me.

Just thought I would add something that happened this morning, as I thought it was pretty interesting:- This morning I thought I'd show my son a video of Shiva again to see if he reacted the same as last time. He sat and watched it and I said to him "what's that?" and pointed at the picture of Shiva on the screen and he said "it's dead". I said "dead?" and he nodded. I gave it a couple of seconds and asked him what it was again and he said the same thing. I've mentioned in one of my earlier posts that he has used the word "dead" to refer to things that have stopped working and that I didn't know where he could have learned this from, but I didn't know why he was using it this time (there were no pictures of Shiva dead in this video!). I looked up some info about Shiva on the internet and found several references to Shiva being dead! Here are 2 examples:

1. Kali is shown standing on the prone, inert or dead body of Shiva. There is a mythological story for the reason behind her standing on what appears to be Shiva’s corpse.

2. Kali is often depicted having sexual intercourse with Shiva's dead and lifeless body. Shiva is dead to signify his passiveness in relation to Kali.

I thought this was pretty amazing!

urdu is a language spoken by muslims in countries like india and pakistan as far as i know....some hindus do know it as well

urdu is similar to hindi in many aspects....many words are common to both languages

and urdu (not hindi) is read from right to left !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urdu

about him being interested in the moon - " The crescent moon and star is an internationally-recognized symbol of the faith of Islam "

http://islam.about.com/od/history/a/crescent_moon.htm

I am truly fascinated by this thread...it has really got me into believing that reincarnation is true...

btw hi everybody...im sid...live in India ...n00b here ;)

sidmagnet said:
I am truly fascinated by this thread...it has really got me into believing that reincarnation is true...
Wow, that's quite a big deal for me, that my son's story has affected you so much! Thank you for taking the time to read his story and for contributing to the thread.

Thank you for pointing out that it is urdu which is read from right to left and not hindi, as this correction lends support to my suspicions that he may be trying to write urdu text. Little details like this can be very helpful in piecing together the overall "puzzle".

Thank you for the link about the moon reference. I've since had a look and found this page, which shows how important the moon is to hinduism directly.

sidmagnet said:
hey maulacat have you tried showing your son a picture of urdu script ? like this
http://people.w3.org/rishida/scripts/urdu/

it would be nice to know his reaction on lookin at it ..:rolleyes:
Hi Sidmagnet! I printed off the urdu text that you posted and showed it to my son yesterday and this morning. When I showed it to him yesterday he didn't really react at all, but he has a stinking cold at the moment and was particularly unwell yesterday, so I thought I'd leave it and try him again when he was feeling a bit more "with it". This morning he seemed to be feeling better than yesterday, so I showed it to him again. When I gave him the piece of paper with it on he was really happy and said "oh, thank you mummy" (but I dont know if this was just because I was giving him something rather than a reaction to the content ;) ). I said to him "what's that?" and pointed at the writing. He looked at it for a minute and then said "it's dead"! I checked with him, as I did when he said this about the Shiva thing, and said "dead?" and he nodded. Then, later on this morning, I thought I'd try asking him about the "fa-oz" thing that he says. So I said to him "what is fa-oz?" Again, he said "dead". At this point I thought I had better check that "dead" hadn't just become his response to everything I ask him(!), so I tried asking him a random question with a word in it that he wouldn't know. So I said to him "what's a fortress?" (wierd I know, but the only thing I could think of at the time :laugh:) and he didn't react in the same way at all, didn't mention the word dead, and just tried to repeat the word fortress. It's got me wondering if he somehow realises that his past life is "dead" as it were, and therefore, when he sees anything connected with his past life, that's the word he uses to try and get this across.

Something else I should mention here is that he stopped calling his Dad "baap" quite a while ago and for as long as I can remember now he has called him "deeda". I'm sure I read somewhere that this is the hindi word for grandmother or something, but anyway, we didn't take this too seriously because we thought that this word sounds very much like "Daddy" and have always just put his use of it down to that. The reason I'm mentioning all this is because today, when I asked him about the "fa-oz" thing, the first time he said "dead", but the second time he said "fa-oz deeda". I also asked him one more time later on and again he said "deeda". I have no idea what all this means :confused:, but thought I would get it all on here incase it transpires to be something important or it all makes sense eventually, as some of this stuff inevitably does!

Thank you for the updates, Sonya! :)

I was reading something about Urdu and it seems it's practically the same language as Hindi (Hindustani language). Usually Muslims will apparently say they speak Urdu and Hindus that they speak Hindi. It's true that Urdu is written usually from right to left. Yet your son has made remarks about Shiva and Hinduism, so it's possible he's been influenced by both religions/cultures/languages in his past life.

I think there are many words that could sound like faaz or faoz in the Hindustani language, but on one Urdu site it said Faoz is a muslim name, too.

Grandparents are daada (grandfather) and daadi (grandmother). I didn't find a translation for deeda, but you can see the word on Hindustani sites.

As I read through this thread again now, I just wanted to comment to your older post that maybe "ullu" is pronounced like "owl"?

Please continue to keep us posted. I'm glad your son doesn't seem to have any bad traumas from that lifetime, but in case he's starting to have a more difficult time with his memories, it's great you know what's going on. :thumbsup:

Karoliina

Been doing some more research....!

Hi again all. I became a bit confused about my son's past life stuff recently, when it seemed that he was mixing muslim things with hindu things and was, again, starting to doubt things a bit. However, after researching on the internet again, I've found some information that could possibly make this all make sense and be further evidence in my son's case. I will try to condense it as much as possible, as I know my posts are always too long :eek: , sorry (I just want to make sure I dont leave out anything that I think could be important!)

Firstly, I have discovered a religious group called the "Satpanth", which, from what I can gather, is basically hinduism and islam combined! One of the quotes I've found on the internet about it is:

"In the 14th century, Pir Sadruddin departed Persia on behalf of the Ismaili community to work at converting Hindus. He met with success by combining elements of Ismaili Shiism with Hinduism. The Satpanth, or 'True Path' Ismailis as they came to be known, developed the doctrine that Ali was the tenth incarnation of the Hindu god Vishnu."

It is interesting that Vishnu is mentioned, because as you can see earlier in my thread, my son has previously drawn what appears to be a tilak - a religious marking consisting of three lines, which hindus wear on their forehead. Whether someone wears the lines horizontally or vertically is indicative of which god they are a devotee. My son always drew vertical lines and these are worn by devotees of Vishnu. Another excerpt related to the tilak and the satpanth was about someone's visit to a satpanth shrine:

"When the pilgrim comes out after having bowed in front of the graves, a man clad in white puts on his forehead a tilak (religious mark) of saffron colour."

The thing I found which is probably the most intriguing, is that the satpanth have a word, which basically means "to see god"/"a holy vision". It is deedar! This is the word my son said the other day when he was seemingly talking about his past life. The fact he used it in that context is amazing, but what confuses me is that this is also what he calls his dad. The only possible thing I can think is that maybe the language has 2 words which are different but sound the same, just like in English where we have the word "draw" (as in "to draw a picture") and "drawer" (as in "a chest of drawers"). I could be clutching at straws here, but it does seem odd that he used the deedar word a few times when we were talking about things from his previous life and that I even wondered why he was mentioning his dad in that conversation, because it didn't seem to make sense.

Back