2 year old a reincarnated Hindu?

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by maulacat, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Congratulations, Sonya! It's great you are willing to do this research and always find validations. :thumbsup:

This is very interesting and I don't think your posts are too long at all! Keep up the good work. :D

Karoliina

2. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Thanks Karoliina. I'm still unsure that there is a muslim connection and wonder if perhaps the words he's saying are infact hindi/urdu, but that not knowing their meaning is confusing matters. Therefore, I've messaged the people who have posted on the thread previously and kindly offered help in translating hindi words, to see if they can offer any explanations as to what the words could be. It may be that these words mean nothing to them, in which case I will still be confused :confused:, but I thought it would be worth asking! Will post again if and when I receive any replies. ;)

3. Believe2007

Believe2007 New Member

maybe....

Hi Maulacat,

It is very interesting to hear your story. I am new to the forum and have read the entire thread. I am an Indian who lives in New York.

Have you considered the possibility that your son may have belonged to a multi-religious household ie one parent being hindu and other being muslim? That would explain his references to both religions. There are a lot of households in India, especially, educated , urban India where Muslims and hindus are married and live together. They tend to celebrate festivals of both religions.

As to Sara...although you have received numerous translations, I would think it may be a name. I know of Muslims in India named Sara...pronounced Sara (like Park not Hair ) or Saira. Maybe it was his friend, or wife or someone else he was close to.

Also, just curious...Have you tried showing him Bollywood movies?

4. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Hi Believe2007 :) Thank-you for your post.

Strangely, it hadn't really occurred to me that he may have been part of a multi-religious household and this is a very interesting idea, as it would certainly make sense of a few things. Your post got me thinking and, maybe, as my son's word for his father in this life is currently "deeda" and he used this when speaking about Faoz, which is, interestingly, a male muslim name, maybe he was trying to tell me that Faoz was his past life father?

As for the Bollywood movies, I seem to remember I tried showing him a clip of one on the internet not too long ago, but he wasn't interested and was being a fidget :rolleyes:! But to be fair to him, he is just a toddler at the moment in this life and can be forgiven for having the attention span of a gnat at times!:laugh:

5. lynxie

lynxie New Member

I find your story really really fascinating, but I have to warn you: don't get sucked into this too much. Children can pick up a lot of information when they're young. At the age my mother wanted to teach me the shapes of things ('circular', 'rectangular',...) I wanted to run away because I already knew: she had explained this to my brother one year before and apparently this is how I picked it up. She was really worried about my further development as a child, because if I didn't want to learn more about shapes, how would I ever be able to read?

Fortunately, I taught myself to read when I was four or so. When I was nearly six my mother had me tested and apparently I turned out 'higly gifted' (in fact I have a 125 IQ, but I can't come up with the English word and it's not in my dictionary either.) So what your son is trying to do right now (learn English, for he already speaks a little Hindi ;-) ), is really, really normal.

You should be proud of your son. God knows what he has been through. Now it's up to you to pull him through his early childhood and teenage years. I'd be very surprised if he didn't attend a university training in Eastern Languages and Culture ;-) But then again, that's a hundred milestones away. Good luck!

6. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Hi lynxie.

I agree that it can be too easy sometimes to read too much into things and I know that some of the stuff I post on here could be considered "normal" stuff a kid without past life memories would do. I even realised today while watching Winnie The Pooh with my son that there is, of course, an owl in that (called "Owl" funnily enough:laugh:!), so that's more than likely where he knew it from.

I do feel a bit silly posting some of the stuff I put on here, but because I never know what seemingly small things are going to end up being significant, I tend to try and stick everything on the forum just so there's a record really.

My son is an only child, so it's not possible that he's picked anything up from siblings. Equally, for that reason, it's hard for me to know what is "normal" for a child his age, being a first-time mum. Although he doesn't say many words, he certainly seems, like you, to be very bright.

I've decided I'll only post now if something very odd or significant happens, rather than just posting anything and everything that my son comes out with ;)

7. Karoliina

Sonia,

I really hope you keep up with the updates on this. It's true - like you also realise yourself - that it's easy to sometimes read too much into children's behaviour, but I've seen many cases of children's past lives here on this forum, and I truly believe you have a very strong case with your son. :thumbsup:

Also, imo, there's nothing wrong in writing down (and here, too) all the details that seem odd to you at first. I think most people reading this thread have realised you are a balanced person, so it doesn't matter if all the things you list are not related to your son's PL in the end.

I encourage you to continue with this. It will most likely be beneficial to your son, possibly also to some other parents reading about your experience, and it definitely is interesting to all of us. :)

Best,

Karoliina

8. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi maulacat,

As a whole, the forum is very supportive (I can personally vouch for that - ;) ) I've been reading along, and I find your son's story very fascinating. I'm also looking forward to any further updates, if you are comfortable with sharing.

Chris - :)

9. Eevee

Eevee Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Maulacat,

Just wanted to tell you that although I didn't post in your thread yet, I have been reading along with great interest.

I think it is wonderful that parents take notice of anything unusual their child might do or say, and don't exclude the possibility of reincarnation. Not all the things you notice might be PL related, but it is good to write them down (and share them with us), as it can also be a great help later to puzzle all the bits and pieces together:)

I am looking forward to more updates! Keep posting them !:thumbsup:

Eevee

10. Karoliina

Hello Sonia,

I just saw you asking a question in another thread (yes, I think it's possible for children to remember several past lives at the same time or one after the other :) ), and would love to hear an update on your son's story. :thumbsup:

Karoliina

11. Frerotte

Frerotte Senior Registered

I just finished reading this thread and would love to have an update/it's been quite awhile since you've posted.

A lot can happen with a little boy in that span of time.

12. Karoliina

Hello Frerotte and welcome to the forum. :)

I'm glad you're also interested in this case. Let's hope Sonia will give us an update soon. :thumbsup:

Karoliina

13. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Hi all.

Been away for a while, but as a couple of you have asked if there's been any new developments, thought I would do an update. Sorry, it's a bit of a long one (again!).

My son is now 3. The only things he has mentioned/done in the past couple of months which could be past life related are the following:-

1. He still says he wants to go home a lot. He recently said to his dad that he wanted to go home and pointed up and said it was in the sky. He also, on a separate occasion, pleaded with me to let him fly up into the sky (he's never been in a plane or anything by the way).

2. When we were out recently, my son pointed at a woman who looked nothing like me (I have long fair hair, she had short dark hair, etc). He said "look!" , I said "what?" and he said "mummy!" (the woman didn't have any children with her, so it wasn't that he was recognising that she was a "mummy"). This made me wonder if she looked like his past life mother.

3. The only word that he currently says a lot which, for all I know, could be hindi/urdu, is something which sounds like "dubadeeboy". Can anyone help with this?

4. My son recently picked up a metal tube/pipe that was on the floor, held it up and looked down the barrel, like he was holding a gun, and poked it into my back! He carried it around and kept saying "bang", so he was definitely acting like it was a gun. He doesn't play cops and robbers or anything, as all his friends up til now have been girls and they are younger than him. He only started playschool yesterday and he did the gun thing before this.

4. I recently posted a new thread asking if it's possible for children to have more than one past life memory at a time or forget one and start recalling another. This is because recently all the hindi/urdu side of things almost seems to have stopped and he's now saying things which would seem to be related to something quite different. He's started mentioning a cliff lately. I dont even know how he knows what a cliff is. He had one of his toys and was holding it up and said it was on a cliff. I asked him what happened on the cliff and he said that he fell over. I was quite shocked by this and said "was he happy when he fell over the cliff?" just to see if my son really understood what he was saying. He just stayed silent and straight-faced, so I waited for a minute to give him a chance to respond and then said "or was he sad?" and he said "he's sad". When I've asked him since about the cliff he's said there was a door in the cliff, a word which sounded like "cathouse"/"caphouse", a castle, and he also mentioned the word witch. Obviously when he said about a witch, I thought "oh, obviously this is just his imagination running away with him then" and I also thought "how can you have a door in a cliff? But then I did some research on the internet and found something which could (I'm not saying it is, but it could) be related. In Dorset, England, there is a rock arch in amongst the cliffs on the coastline of a place called Lulworth Cove. This rock arch is called "Durdle Door". Right next to Lulworth Cove is Lulworth Castle. I looked up the words "cathouse" and "caphouse" and found the following definition: "Cap House

- a small chamber or house usually at the top of a stair, leading out onto a parapet walk. Used by a guard. Found on castles, church towers etc". The fact that he's come out with such an obscure word (I've never heard of a caphouse before) and it's even related to castles is very strange. I thought for sure I wouldn't find any "witch" link though, but to my surprise, I did. One website says that an access route to Durdle Door is a gateway called "Daggers Gate". I found some info on this and it said: “The gateway ‘Daggers Gate’ is believed to mark a witch’s grave, and is said to be haunted by her ghost. It acquired its unusual name in 1789, after farmer Sam Varnell was stabbed and killed at the spot by the daughter of the supposed witch.” Another interesting piece of information which could be relevant about the cliff is the following excerpt off one of the websites: "At least one fall from a cliff here was not an accident. On the night of 28th June, 1832, the Chief Officer of the Coastguard, Lieutenant Thomas Knight of Folkstone, was attacked by a band of smugglers near here. He was beaten before being thrown over the cliff near Durdle Door. He died on the following day (Legg, 1989)." This is particularly interesting because my son did the gun thing and guards in those days would presumably have had guns and he also mentioned the caphouse, which the definition says would be used by a guard.

I'm not sure if all of this means anything or if Durdle Door is anything to do with what he's been saying, but it could be and I thought this info was quite interesting either way.

14. Frerotte

Thank you for the update. It's fascinating. I wish I would have had the knowledge and taken the time to ferret out the words my child used as a toddler.

You seem to maintain a very good balance with it all - I appreciate your posts.

15. Karoliina

It was nice to hear an update and from you! :)

I was playing with an online Urdu dictionary, and the closest match I found for the word you gave, was "dabaa dena", which means "floored". Can you say anything about the situations where he uses the word?

It's interesting with the new "twists", especially the cap house. :thumbsup: You've certainly found a lot of information that could be related to his talk about the cliff, door, cap house, castle and witch - and I'm sure we're all curious if he'll talk more about them. It's great that you have not been leading him, even though you've found all this information. Keep up the good work, and let your son talk about it with his own words, should he want to. :)

Looking forward to the next update - and in the meanwhile, take care and have a lovely spring,

Karoliina

16. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for the update maulacat, it was very interesting. I know Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door very well as they're fairly close to where I live.

Perhaps you could ask your son to draw the 'door in the cliff' if he mentions it again, it would be interesting to see what he comes up with as Durdle Door has a very distinctive shape, you would easily be able to tell the difference between that, and just an ordinary door if he drew it. Or maybe show him a picture of it and see how he reacts?

17. Karoliina

I like Chris's idea, but he is probably too young to draw that well? Showing a picture is worth a shot, imo. :thumbsup:

Karoliina

18. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Yes, you're right about him still being a bit young to be able to draw it. I printed a picture off though and showed it to him. The first time he was very aggressive and said he didn't want the picture and hit it. I showed it to him again later and this time he was more calm and wanted to show it to his Dad and said to his Dad (who he still calls Deeda :laugh:) "Look Deeda, cliff!". I dont know if these reactions are anything significant or past-life related, but thought I'd stick them on here anyway.

19. Frerotte

Thank you for letting us know - I am following your story with great interest.

20. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Hi all! In my last post I said "recently all the hindi/urdu side of things almost seems to have stopped and he's now saying things which would seem to be related to something quite different". Now I'm wondering if maybe some of that stuff from the last post IS actually part of his hindi/urdu life. I mean, why couldn't it be? I still feel like the castle thing and the witch thing are more than likely just due to an overactive 3 year olds imagination and stuff he's seen on TV/in books (although the caphouse thing was wierd I must admit), but I feel like the gun thing and possibly the cliff could be related to his hindi past life. This is because he volunteered the cliff thing (about his toy falling off, etc) and the actions with the "guns" on his own, they didn't come about after I asked him questions (therefore I know he didn't just make them up because he felt pressured to give me an answer to a question that perhaps he didn't understand - if you get what I mean?:confused:) and when he mentioned the cliff that first time it just seemed odd, as is the look in his eye when he's pressing a pretend gun into your back :eek:! There's just something "different" about it. As I said in my last post, I also dont know where he could have learnt what a cliff is or that you can fall off one and be "sad" and I dont know how he knows what the barrell of a gun looks like or what a gun is! As always, it's perfectly possible that he may have seen something on TV, but he's STILL :rolleyes: not talking fluently, so until he can properly talk, unless he then says something like "when I was here before...", I'll never know for sure what's what! Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts with everyone. Thanks, as always, to everyone for their posts.:thumbsup: