2 year old a reincarnated Hindu?

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by maulacat, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum, AKP. :)

Karoliina

Ps. Sonia, I don't remember if this was talked about earlier, but I've just read about owls as symbols, and found this from http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/2002/carl-teichrib/8owl.htm

Might not be relevant at all, but I just thought it was interesting.

2. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Hi AKP and thank-you for your post. That's very interesting that you say there was a mix of muslims, hindus and the English during the 18th and 19th century. That could explain why there appears to be a mixture in some of the stuff my son has come out with. It's also interesting that Fauz was a term used for the English army at the time - I posted quite a while ago about my son holding a pole and using it like a gun, at a stage when he wouldn't have even known what a gun was. Perhaps, from what you've said, this is because he would have seen army people in the area where he lived. Or maybe he was one of the army people! With regards to the "sawa" word, I thought it was probably a very old word, as the other people with knowledge of hindi/urdu who've posted on my son's thread didn't seem to have heard of the "relative/kinsman/member of one's own tribe" definition. Would be interesting to know if it was a word that was still being used by hindus/muslims in the 18th - 19th century, as this would be even more convincing evidence that he was around during that era. I have asked him about the "home" that he often refers to, but when I do he seems confused (as I suppose you would, if you were a child and remembered a home that you couldn't go to, that everyone tells you isn't your home!) and seems to try and make stuff up just to "please me with an answer" if you like. For example, sometimes if I ask him about it, he'll pause and think a minute and then say that it's his playschool! Then other times he'll say it's where we stayed when we went on holiday! But he was saying he wanted to go home long before he went to playschool or had a holiday, so I know that he's not really referring to those places when he says he wants to go home.

Thank-you Karoliina for you post also. That is quite interesting about the owl thing, as it seems like a few of the things my son has come out with have been linked to things related to spirituality (like when he would draw the wheels, which are a symbol of reincarnation in many religions, including hinduism). The other day, when he was in the bath, he mentioned a tunnel. When I asked him about it, he pointed up to the ceiling/sky. I've heard of people with near death experiences describing seeing a tunnel, etc, so maybe this means something too, who knows.

3. AKP

AKP New Member

hi

Hi maulacat,

Keep us posted on any new discovery. :)

4. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Hi AKP. No new discovery's at the moment, but I was thinking of trying to find someone on the internet who is an expert on the hindi language, so that I can email them and ask about the "sawa" word. I just think it would be really interesting to find out when and where it was used, as you never know where new information can lead and it can sometimes shed new light on other things. I will let you know how I get on!

5. AKP

AKP New Member

Hi maulacat,

I thought I knew Hindi a lot but "sawa" completely beats me. I am not a doctorate on Hindi though. I will try more through people I know.

I think, it will be a good idea to make a list of all such "PL" words spoken by him at one place.

AKP.

6. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Hi all. Just thought I'd let everyone know about my investigations into the word "sawa". I've realised, after emailing someone, that in the dictionary that I posted the link to in one of my previous posts , where it said the definition was "one's own family or tribe; proper, peculiar; innate, natural;—self, one's own self, self-identity; the soul; a kinsman, relation", this definition actually applied to the word "sva", which is listed above "sawa" in the dictionary (scroll down on this page and you will see it listed on there, above "sawa" . The way it was all laid out in the first link led to my confusion, because it certainly gives the impression that the definition is related to the "sawa" word doesn't it? Anyway, obviously initially I thought, "well, that's that theory down the drain then", but how wrong I was! This is because the word "sva" is still pronounced "swa"/"sawa" - in urdu! I know this because I found several excerpts on the internet saying that the "v" in words like this is pronounced as a "w". The excerpt below is just one of them (it's not specifically discussing the "sva" word, but relates to the pronounciation of "v" in urdu, hindi,etc):-

"The "w" and "v" sound is always debatable. Strictly speaking, it is pronounced "w" (since it is a و in Urdu, which is pronounced "w") but in Hindi (and Gujarati), you would hear both "w" and "v" (since the letter व can be pronounced both ways). I think that's the reason I transcribed with a "v" (since that is how I would say it at home). But you're right, it should have been a "w" since it's Urdu we're talking about."

(here's the link of the page I found that excerpt at, if anyone wants to see it in context:- http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=243621).

You can clearly see the و symbol on the dictionary page for the urdu word "sva", which would mean it would be pronounced "w".

Only other thing to report is that, occasionally, when I ask my son how old he is, he says 69! A bit bizarre I think you'll agree, but he has said in the past something about being 7 or wanting to be 7 too (he's 4 at the moment by the way), so it could just be him messing about :confused:

7. maulacat

maulacat New Member

My son says on a regular basis now that he is 69. I mentioned this in my last post and also mentioned that he had said something about being/wanting to be 7. He only ever mentioned the 7 thing once or twice, so maybe he was just confused about what age he will be on his next birthday, but with the 69 thing it's different, he actually seems adamant that he IS 69. The other day he actually said "I older than you". I said "you can't be older than Mummy, you're 4" and he said "no, I 69". He also seems to have developed a fear of going to the doctor. He's always been fine with it in the past and hasn't had any unpleasant experience that would have suddenly changed his view, but now if I say I'm going to take him to the doctor about something, he gets quite upset and insists he doesn't want to go. He even said today that the doctor would "hurt" him. I've mentioned in a previous post about when he would occasionally get into bed during the day, lay there like he was ill and say "I really hot", eventhough it would be cool in the house and he didn't have a temperature - well, something else he said when I mentioned going to the doctor was "I just want to be cold" (or he may have said "I just want to stay cold", I cant remember which). These things make me wonder if maybe somewhere in the back of his mind he's starting to recall being seen by a doctor at the end of his previous life, and was perhaps in pain or had to have surgery or some other painful procedure, hence the fact he now associates being seen by a doctor with pain (i.e. they will "hurt" him). And perhaps when he was seen by a doctor at the end of his previous life he had a high temperature, hence his going to bed saying he was hot and the whole "I just want to stay cold instead of seeing a doctor" thing.

8. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

That's really interesting. It could very well point to memories of an end of life. Keep us posted on what he says and does. :thumbsup:

9. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I'm a little late on this, but thanks for keeping us updated, Sonia! I'm always excited, when I see you've posted here. :)

Karoliina

10. robin987d

robin987d New Member

Hi maulacat

Hi maulacat ;

I am new to this forum ; Your thread has been excellent and I think you have substantial information by now to solve the jigsaw puzzle.

I am a Hindu based in UK and I am familiar with most of the Hindi diction. You can pm me for any puzzling word/phrase.

One suggestion : You had mentioned that your son insists that he is 69; May be you can voice record /video record that part;

One more thing : the word "sawa" ; It actually meant kinsmen ; But it is not used frequently in that context. In fact I wasn't aware of that meaning. However the word "sawa" is a very common term in Hindi day-to-day usage. It means quarter. It is used frequently to refer time : like we say quarter past four ; or quarter past five;In india they use

"sawa char" = "quarter past four" <>

"sawa pach" = "quarter past five"

Rgds

Robin

11. stardis

stardis Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum, Robin.

12. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Hi Robin. Thank-you for your input and your offer of help with hindi words/phrases.

When you said that, did you mean you had actually found evidence of it being used in that context, or were you just referring to the stuff I had already posted? Was just interested to see if you had found some info on it to :)

13. maulacat

maulacat New Member

I was going through some sheets of paper with my son today that had different things printed on them, like water droplets, tiger fur, etc, and he was correctly identifying what they were. Then we got to one with snakeskin on and he said "necklace"! I have no idea why he would say this. I dont know if Hindus would wear/ever have worn snakeskin as some kind of adornment/jewellery, so if Robin or anyone else knows of anything like this, I would be interested to hear about it :thumbsup:

As for him saying he's 69, that seems to have stopped now. Perhaps the reason for this is that he is currently making the transition from playschool to infants, and therefore lots of people have probably been asking him his age recently and probably been correcting him. Also, he may well have noticed all his new friends at infants saying they are 4 and doesn't want to seem like the odd one out! I suppose I'll never know :rolleyes:

14. robin987d

robin987d New Member

Hi Maulcat

Hi there,

First of all , congratulations - Your son is correctly answering on age-question. This is an indication that his old memories are fading away and he is "becoming what he should be" in this life.

Regarding the snakeskin question on whether there is any direct association of snakeskin with any form of Indian jwellery ; my first hunch is "No"

But I thought about it/googled some old jwellery

1) There are some old-fashioned SILVER jwellery items which would look similar to a snake skin. These kind of jwellery are completely out of fashion in modern urban Indian cities,

but it is still in used in remote villages;But these would be SILVER jewllery . These are quite heavy ;can have rectangular shaped patterns . an artistic presentation of snake skin can be mistaken for such necklaces.

2) Let's get back to your son's answer on snake skin

The possibilities could be any of these:

a) The answer was just random -

b) He actually answered necklace for a "reason"

c) In Hindu religion , we have "Lord Shiva" - sometimes a snake is shown around his neck , like a necklace. But honestly speaking a common Hindu/Indian would identify snake as "snake in 99% of the cases" - and a common Hindu would run for his life if he spots one.

He may not identify a snake as something on "Lord Shiva's " neck - even though that is also 100% correct

pic of Lord Shiva

http://www.canstockphoto.com/images-photos/lord-shiva.html

3) It would be interesting(if possible) if you can do the snakeskin question some other day and let's see what is your son's answer this time . If he insists on "necklace" - that would be interesting and worth doing some research.

If he still says "necklace" may be you can show the pic of Lord Shiva on internet. watch out his reaction if any;

15. AKP

AKP New Member

sawa

Hi Maulacat,

Thanks for the updates.

I thought I will list all key words (spoken by your son) and events in one place:

baap - sure establishes the Indian origin, also coming from not a very sophisticated family.

dhobi - he may have been from a washerman family. "baap" fits that kind of background

beesa - Indian word

panye/paani - common Hindi/Urdu word for water

batch/batchaa - Child

cha-cha - A very very common word for Uncle, even if not related

hand tapping like bongo/table - Very Indian habit, Many Indians still do this while listening to a song

mama - another common word for maternal uncles. Hindus/Indians do not call relatives by names.

nanna - maternal grandfather

calling everyone sarah/sawa - Indian slang saala or saareh (impolite word but frequently used). I get a feeling that he has been using "sawa" to mean two different words. May be his grandfather or his son's name was Siva (quite common). Siva is also the name of lord shiva, and many sadhus (people who would renounce physical world) would keep an appearance of lord Siva (or Shiva). May be his grandfather or someone in his family became a sadhu and had appearance like Shiva and everyone called him "Siva". This person must have died in his presence because he said "Sawa dead".

pwease - please... "w" for "L"

owl - Sets the time period to 19th or early 20th century.

wheel - Common Indian symbol. English word sets the time period.

vertical lines - on foreheads by Hindus. Again a prominent mark that probably the "Siva" person had on his forehead. It even be his "trishul".

urdu script - Surely it shows the time period.

English alphabets - Again the time period when combined with other things

fauz - He himself may have been in fauz (army) that is why strong connection with this word. Also, if he was in fauz "saala" that he pronounces as "sawa" (remember pwease for please) would have beee a very common word to call every man around. Impolite word but very common among same-age friends. saala literally means wife's brother.

moon - common english word in that era

Shiva "dead" - reminding someone in his family in Shiva-like appearance. May have been his grandfather with long hairs arranged up and having snakelike (may be even a live snake)necklace.

fauz-deeda - father may have been a fauzi too (armyman)

woman with dark hair - mummy: shows Indian race

dubadeeboy - ?? Dhobi's boy ??

tube/pipe - bang. Connection with army

cliff - fell over - sad. Memory of either falling or seen someone close falling from cliff.

cathouse/caphouse - castle - witch - door - 1832 England: May have been sent to fight in England as part of Indian-British army.

sawa- granddad - I think his granddad (daada in Hindi) was called "Siva" either because his name was Siva or he had an appearance like lord Shiva.

deities facing the door - Hindu connection. Whether in house or in a temple, Hindu deities are always facing the door, the entrance.

words "mother" love" - He may have been in England or may have been close to English army in India where he picked these words from English officers.

aah/aap - Urdu connection.

69/7 - May be he meant to be 70

snakeskin/necklace - Common old Indian prints on necklaces. May be Siva his granddad had a snakelike necklace.

I have done this all in hurry! Hope you will see a story in this.

Waiting to hear more!

AKP.

16. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

Maulacat, how so very interesting! Wow! Thanks for posting this story and please keep on posting. Am Wishing You The Best!

17. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Thank-you robin987d and AKP for your recent posts, they must have involved quite a bit of time and effort, so it's much appreciated. Also, thank you kmatjhwy for joining the thread.

It's interesting that robin987d has shown there is a diety in hindu religion who is often depicted wearing a snake round his neck (as my son said "necklace" on seeing the snakeskin picture). I agree with robin987d that a hindu would probably identify it as a snake, rather than specifically associate it with something worn round Shiva's neck, but maybe seeing the snakeskin just triggered a memory in his brain of the image of Shiva, with a snake round his neck, and the only way he could explain it was by saying "necklace". Who knows!

With regards to your comment, AKP, about the possibility of the tube/pipe/bang thing being associated with my son having army connections in his previous life, I agree this could well be a possibility, as this had occurred to me after you told me that Fauz (another word he has said in the past) was actually an army in india. Seems to match up, if he's spoken of an army and acted like he was carrying a gun!

Also, you mentioned the 69/7 thing, and said perhaps he "meant to be 70". This is interesting, because when he was mentioning the numbers in question, when he mentioned the 7, I think he was saying he wanted to be 7, but when he mentioned 69, he would say he was 69. Therefore, maybe what he was trying to say was that he was 69 and that he wanted to be 70, not 7! Maybe in his previous life he died at 69 and this is why he longs to be 70, because 70 never came. Just a theory, but thought I'd share it with everyone :)

Only new things which may be of interest are:-

When he left playschool, they gave us like an album about him (which they did for each child who went to his playschool), in which the teachers had written down some of the things he'd said, put in some of the things he'd made, etc. They had recorded a couple of things in there that I thought were quite odd, and possibly past-life related, like when the children where shown a display of musical instruments, he said "I have got a bell at home. It makes a loud noise". We have no kind of bell at home (not even a door bell!), so I don't know why he would have said this. Literally just looked on Google while typing this and found this http://www.hindu-blog.com/2009/03/bell-or-ghanta-in-hinduism-ringing-of.html, which is interesting considering what he said.

He also said that "he eats pancakes at snack time with sugar on and he has them for dinner". He may have eaten pancakes at playschool on pancake day (Shrove Tuesday), but other than that, I dont know how he would even know what a pancake is, as we've never had them at home since he's been born. I've just looked on Google and found this http://www.ehow.com/how_2061659_make-malpua-diwali.html

They also wrote in his book that when they told him that they were going to make a flag name tag that term, he told them that he had a "flag at home". We dont have, and never have had, a flag at home. I just found this online http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081101113415AAjh4mi, which suggests that hindus do indeed fly flags outside their homes.

Another thing was that when he had to make a person to put on a wall mural, he said he had been "on a boat in the water", which he hasn't (in this life!)

He said his house had a chimney and that the birds sit on the chimney and sing. We dont have a chimney and I dont know how he even knows what a chimney is, as they're not really in many houses any more (we dont know anybody with one). We did stay in a house on holiday that had a fireplace once, but I dont think the fact that it had a chimney was ever mentioned to him, that I remember anyway.

They also said in his book that he'd told them his Dad was 78 and I was 79 (maybe he knew us in his previous life, and that's how old we were then :eek: )!

And that's about it!!:laugh: Obviously, some of these bits of info are quite interesting, especially when coupled with what seems like supporting evidence from the internet, but I would like to point out that there was also a lot of other stuff he'd said in the album that was obviously completely made up from his imagination, so of course, the possibility that all the things I've listed above were also made-up for fun cannot be ruled out!

The last thing I'd quickly like to mention (it's been another one of my reeeeeeeaaaally long posts hasn't it? Sorry!) is that, when talking to his Dad and I recently, he has said a couple of times "when I'm bigger I can do..." (such and such) "and when you're a baby". I find this quite interesting, because, going by this statement, he obviously thinks that we do get to be babies again ;)

18. AKP

AKP New Member

amazing details

maulacat,

I am amazed at the new details that you have given.

Long hair for dad...snake/necklace...Bell...flag...sawa

It looks very likely that his previous dad had become sadhu and he must be called Siva because of his appearance and may be his real name too was Siva. It is also possible that their family and especially father may have been devotees of Lord Shiva, and may have been following a practice of calling everyone by "Siva". Either just Siva or "Siva" as a prefix or siffix to any name. It will not be surprising even now in rural India that has not changed much in last 100 years.

Look at this photo:

http://designldg.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/becoming-shiva.jpg

The pet snake may as well be around the neck of this sadhu. You will find many such common-people-turned-sadhu in India even today.

Also look at the picture of Lord Shiva as believed:

http://wikinary.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/lord-shiva12.jpg

And here, a sadhu emulating lord Shiva:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...&tbnw=90&prev=/images?q=sadhu+jata&hl=en&um=1

I am pretty sure that the "sawa" question is resolved now. It has to do with lord Shiva and the name Siva.

Bell and flag also confirm there was good presence of religious symbols in the house. As such many Hindus will have a small or big bell at home even these days. Any religious plcae will also have a flag that house top too. Their house may have been a part religious place too.

This is a household bell: http://www.theammashop.org/pb.html

This is how a bell looks like in religious public places:

http://peopleof.oureverydaylife.com/ringing-bells-hindu-temple-7155.html

If the house had chimney it must be a big house. It may have been a temple itself or part of a temple.

"Pancakes at snack time with sugar on" - That is really very interesting. It means they had good enough to eat. malpua certainly comes the closest to pancake. There are many other varieties too. As a kid it may also could be just tortillas (called chapaati in India) with butter and sugar on it. As an adult it must have been something like maalpua, f it was for dinner too.

All this combined with "on a boat in the water" stuff brings one place instantly in my mind. The place is called Benaras or Varanasi. The picture link above is of Benaras. River Ganga flows thru' Benaras. He may have lived in one of those houses/temples shown in the picture! :) This place is anciant and has large and famous temples of lord shiva right by the river. For hundreds of yeas it has been THE place for Sadhus and for lord Shiva worship. Even now you will find hundreds (sometime thousands) of sadhus with Siva like appearance in this city. There are boats on the river. the three vertical lines that you have mentioned before are actually symbol of Lord Shiva trishul (a three pronged weapon always with Shiva. You will notice that in the Shiva pictures). Many sadhus paint that symbol on their forehead. Facing the deities also comes to mind now. I think religiously it is deeply ingrained in his mind that deities face the entrance. He probably has seen plenty if he was in Benaras (pronounced as bun-aa-rus).

maulacat, if you were with him then, then you should recognize the Benaras photo too :) . Just kidding!

Banaras and boat picture: http://sacredsites.com/asia/india/banaras.html

May be, you should ask him questions on what all he remembers and can he draw. If you can get the name of the place or city his dad lived in....it will be great! Shouldn't mention the city name yurself, I guess.

Let me know if you want clarification on anything. Do see all the picures I have the links for. I'd try to find out which bell he had at home. Big bell means his house was a religious place.

Banaras or Varanasi was called Kaashi in old days. It is well known for being Shiva City. Also, something that may interest you. In Banaras I have heard they (called Pundaas) somehow maintain all the records of people and their ancestors who visited or lived on the Benaras temple shores.

All the best!

AKP.

19. maulacat

maulacat New Member

Just wanted to very quickly add something on here that my son said tonight, otherwise I might forget it! In my last post, I mentioned that his album from playschool stated that he'd said he had "been on a boat in the water", which, in this life he never has. Well, tonight I was reading him a book at bedtime and, with this particular book, the reader gets to choose which house they want from one page, what they'd like to wear from another, etc, and on one of the pages you could choose which transport you wanted. After he had pointed out a couple of cars he'd like to use, I pointed at a boat, and said I'd like that. He said "oh no, the boat scares me". When I asked him why the boat scared him, he said "because I had to run and jump onto the boat, and open the door and close the door, and I sat down and put my belt on, and everyone had belts on". Then he carried on looking at the book. I didn't press him about it, but then his Dad came in and, as I started to tell him that our son had said something odd about the boat, my son heard me telling him, interrupted me, and repeated the same thing again, about having to jump on the boat, put the belt on, etc (although the second time he called it a seatbelt).

I think this is quite odd and I'm not really sure what he's on about. I did wonder if perhaps, because of the previous army links (see previous posts), and the apparent urgency and fear associated with his getting on the boat, maybe it could be related to something to do with his being in the military/army/war. And perhaps when he says he "put his belt on" and that "everyone was wearing belts", maybe he is actually referring to ammunition belts? As I've stated above though, he did say "seatbelt" the second time round, but I still think the ammunition belt is a possibility, because I think "seatbelt" would be quite a good way of him expressing what one would look like, as just a "belt" to him would be one of the ones that you wear round your waist, so how else could he explain a belt you wear across your chest?! I might be wrong, but just a theory.

Also, yesterday we were watching a programme on TV, and on the programme there was a hindu woman cooking in her home. My son said "I'd like to live in that house". Then, when she added a spoonful of something black to the food (I cant remember what it was), he said "urgh, I dont like that bit", like he knew what it was!

20. maulacat

maulacat New Member

The Boat Info - My Son Remember A Different Past Life Now?

In my last post, I mentioned my son had talked about a boat, that he was "scared of the boat" and that he had had to "put his belt on" and that "everyone had belts on". Well, he has now said more regarding this. Last night, he was sat with his Dad and I watching TV and he was perfectly happy, laughing at funny things on TV. Then, for no apparent reason, he became very solomn and, completely out-of-the-blue, started talking about "being in the water" and said "and I just wanted my mummy" and "I just wanted to come back to you, but you were far, far away" and "he got me out of the water". While telling us this, he was welling up. It's the only time I've ever seen him like that and it made me feel like crying. The look on his face was one of true sadness and the way he looked like an adult, because he was trying not to cry, was very odd. I didn't ask him any questions, because he was so upset, and just gave him lots of hugs and told him I was here and it was OK now.

While I was thinking about it all in bed last night, I was thinking back to what he said the first time about the "belt", and I thought I remembered something on a boat being called a "lifebelt". I looked this up on the internet today and it's one those rings that people put on when abandoning ship! (See this picture http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/26/Lifebelt.jpg/450px-Lifebelt.jpg). I also found a bit of text about them:-

"Cabins are equipped with life belts for each of the passengers; pull one over your head and securely fasten the straps. If you end up in the water, the life belt will provide additional buoyancy and allow you to save your energy for maintaining body temperature."

This would make sense of his saying that "everyone had belts on".

I definitely think this is something past-life related now, but I'm not willing to ask him about it because it seems to upset him, so will just have to see if he volunteers any more info on his own. I dont know if it's connected to the hindi side of things at all, but suspect he's remembering a different life altogether with regards to these boat references.