• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

9/11 Baby - baby_rn

Funny... he got this headache when we were taking a carriage ride around central park(which he also swore i had taken him there before) and got worse as we got to natural history museum...so bad that my husband took him back to hotel...weird though, because when I got back to the hotel with my daughter he was laying in the bed saying he didn't feel good... then within 45 minutes he jumped out of bed and was totally fine like he never felt bad...he was running around the hotel room and insisted on having ny pizza...he ate a bunch but refused to go out to eat...he wanted to have it in the hotel room...kind of bizarre..

The pin and badge he picked out are in his room...he took that pin and some others he had from his great grandpa and had me help him pin them all onto his firefighter outfit on the left side cause thats where he said they go...he stood in the mirror and admired himself(kind of cute)...the 9/11 pin he got in nyc he put on his shirt from the first night we got it and made sure he wore it everyday after that when we were in nyc and east coast...he would move it from shirt to shirt every morning...when we got back to west coast he put it on his fire outfit ...its been there since...the irish firefighter badge he put on his training tower(part of his fire bed) and is obsessed right now with st patricks day and being irish...

Baby rn,

I wonder if the headache had something to do with the sudden emotion he may have felt in being back in NYC again. Or confusion. Hmm...

Are either you or your husband of Irish descent? Or is this something he picked up on his own? Just curious, because there are so many Irish firefighters in NY.

I'm not surprised that he loved the pin and badge. It's just interesting that those were the ones he picked.

Carol

I am half Irish...But he said the other day he is so happy he is Irish...he decorated the house for St patricks day and said "did you know firefighters put these on their fire helmets?(pointing to a shamrock)...I have one too...he is counting down the days til St Patricks day which is funny cause we never decorated or did too much on St Patricks day...

The other day when he was admiring himself in the mirror with his pins on his fire jacket...he said," this looks pretty nice but I wish I had my real ones back..."

With the headache ...I'm not really sure what that was about...I really think he remembered being there(he said so anyway)was overwhelmed or maybe confused...just strange cause he doesn't typically have a headache with no other ailment with it...

Baby rn,

Those are some direct statements and behaviors, aren't they? "I wish I had my real ones back." That's pretty clear.

Aside from the headache in NYC, it seems that he is pretty happy about himself and his role. That's good.

We all really appreciate your sharing all this with us. It is SO fascinating.

Thanks,

Carol

This may be a little off subject but just wondering if you can make any sense of this...my son has been kind of obsessed lately with heaven and me going there before him. He has been saying he doesn't want me to go before him...yesterday he was sitting on a chair in the office spinning around and singing...I wasn't really paying attention I was with my daughter but when I finally heard what he was repeating..." i'm going to heaven with mommy and thats a promise"...repeated over and over... when I went in there he started laughing and said "oh you heard me...I mean it"...not sure why he keeps saying it. He has described to me how he thinks you come back after heaven...but he seems worried I will go to heaven without him...not sure even what to say to this...

Baby rn,

Well, he's right. We do come back (generally) after being in heaven.

Based on what I've learned from some authentic mediums, assure him that you will be together in heaven and then we do come back to be together again. I suggest doing this only if he brings it up, or you feel that the moment is right--when you two are alone together. I don't think you have to get more complicated than that. See what his reaction is, then gauge your response to what he says.

my son has been asking me at night when he goes to bed"what do you want me to tell you about tonight?" It's weird ...before all his information used to come out matter of factly...now its like he wants to teach me about what he knows...He got out his little kid pointer purchased at school and began telling me about his fire trucks...he also went on about the structure of the empire state building and said if there was ever a fire in there it would be bad...he said the top part of it would fall to the ground and destroy the houses and buildings around it. The top part is not supported well and is too light to stay up after fire and smoke. He also said there are not enough stairs to rescue the people to get them out. then he stops and says what else do you want to learn...He's six now but the information he describes comes out in very "adult" language and confidence...He has the same books he has had since he was a little having to do with fire fighting so he is not picking it up elsewhere...

I said to him last night after he "taught" me about other things...how do you know so much about firefighting? He said, "I lived it"

Thank you, Baby RN, for this latest update. It is truly amazing that he is able and willing to disclose so much to you. Fascinating!

-Nightrain

Hi babyrn,

Thank you for continuing to share. Your sons experiences and his willingness to be so open about it - is truly amazing.

...how do you know so much about firefighting? He said, "I lived it"
A blessing for sure. I do hope you are keeping a journal and I also hope you continue to share with us.

Hi Babyrn,

Thanks for the update.

Has your son ever used the past tense, as when he said, "I lived it"? I'm wondering if that means he's getting some distance on his memory.

When my son was about 7, he said his memories of the Civil War were starting to fade. He told me he wanted to draw the images he had seen when he was younger, and write down his story so he wouldn't forget it.

I wondering if your son is reaching that stage now that he's six. Is he emotional when he talks about firefighting now?

As Deborah suggested, I hope you're writing all of this down in chronological order so you will be able to remember all of the details. I'm so grateful that you've been keeping us informed here.

Carol

One more question:

Have you noticed that his attitude about firefighting and not being able to get the people out of the building, etc., has changed since you visited NYC earlier this year? I wonder if he had any kind of closure through that trip.

I don't know how to describe it... It went from info that was matter of fact and in the present tense to him to now... he describes it as something he studied or something he can teach me about. He asks," what do I want to learn about" and i say i don't know, and he says, "how about this" and describes in much detail that things no 6 year old or adult, for that matter, would know about...There isn't an emotion to it still...he just seems determined to teach me what he knows...Like the info about the empire state building...he went on and on about the "structure" of the building and how he's studied it and how it will not be safe or escapable in case of a fire...he even comes to me sometimes at 3 am asking if he can tell me a "story "or how his day went and will go into this info...very detailed and very confident sounding...

Carol

To answer your question....i think it has been around the time we went to NYC that he has changed from (I'm in the present) to "i will teach you about..."it is fasinating the info he knows already dr piecuch noitified

Babyrn,

I don't know what the last phrase of your last post meant...

Anyway, it sounds as if your son may have gotten some closure when you went to NYC. As I recall, before then, he would ask you questions about "why the bad guys knocked down the buildings", etc., and use the present tense describing what happened to him. Now, he seems to have a new understanding and is referring to it in the past tense. Is that right? It's all very interesting the way it has unfolded. And, it unfolds differently for each child.

Please keep us posted so we can follow your son's development with his memory. We can all learn from you and him.

Thanks for sharing.

Carol

Sorry about the last phrase...was posting and texting at the same time...the two got mixed up...so last phrase meant nothing. Yes I guess it could be... that he has resolved one part of it and now he just wants to let me in on everything(facts) that he remembers. He is so confident in what he is saying also...He was telling me about the oxygen tanks firefighters carry and told me how long each tank will last before they are empty...I told him that didn't seem right...he actually insisted and told me to look it up and I did. He was right! When he talks about these things now he always stands up and kind of paces around just like a teacher would...weird actually...

My guess is that he's past the uncomfortable, emotional phase of the memory, the confusion about what happened, and why the people would knock down the buildings. What's left is his knowledge and pride of being a fireman, which he seems so happy to share with you. It will be interesting to see if that's his career path this time, or he'll eventually move on to something else.

How does your husband feel about all of this? At this point, it's clear that your son knows things a child that age couldn't ordinarily know about firefighting. How did your husband react when your son was in NYC and said he recognized it? Just curious. It seems that there is usually some tipping point where the evidence outweighs the disbelief.

My husband did hear him say in the car that he recognized this place...he just looked shocked...I think my husband knows my son knows information that he shouldn't and he's ok with it now...he believes him but can not understand or want to the concept of past lives or at least appears that way. Afraid of the whole thing...he said it throws his balance off...I think he's happy that my son is telling me the information and not him! But, there is just so much my son knows about in certain areas that even he can't rationalize out... so he has stopped trying to figure it out and takes it for what it is. he says whatever that may be...my son was talking about different guns the other night and who uses them and types of "ammo" and snipers very specific and my husband heard...we asked a friend who's on swat and he said he's right... My husband doesn't have an explanation for it

Hello,

I have been following this thread right from the beginning and all I can say is that your son is a dear little boy.....What a bright mind he has to be able to convey all of these memories and in such detail. He is an absolute fountain of information and he always seems to be exactly correct. I wish you could post a photo of him...especially dressed in his fireman's hat etc....

Thanks for asking and I would love to post a picture but in his best interest I would like to keep him protected... any mother I think would understand this...I think his stories are pretty amazing to me but he only shares them with me which at this point in time makes me think he wants to be private about it.It might not make sense but that is how I see it. I have another picture I could post of his "decorations" in his room but to be honest I have no idea how to do that on this website:) If someone can explain a simple way to do this I could give it a try...

baby rn said:
I have another picture I could post of his "decorations" in his room but to be honest I have no idea how to do that on this website:) If someone can explain a simple way to do this I could give it a try...
Hi baby rn,

If you think the picture of his room is relevent to the discussion, then we would love to see it :)

I can help you to post it on here, I'll send you a PM :)

I completely understand why you don't want to share a photo of your son. If you would like to share some of his firefighting decorations, we would love to see them.

I think that the important thing for your son is that your husband is open to whatever is happening with your son--whether he can classify it as something familiar, or not.

For anyone who hasn't experienced this with your own child, it can definitely be quite shocking, and make you feel as if the earth is moving underneath you. It really does shake you to the core. I found it quite shocking when my son and daughter first spoke of their memories, even after I believed in reincarnation, and had my own memories. So I can imagine how your husband feels. It doesn't matter if he believes it or not, as long as he's supportive.

You've done a fantastic job of supporting your son and allowing him to express what he needs to in order to come to terms with his memory. I hope that someday, when your son is much older, you can share this with him.

Thanks for allowing us to be part of this process.

Hi Baby_RN,

I lost a family member in a terrible tragedy. Like your son, I still question why "Bad Guys", with or without families, do the things they do.

You have been given a son with extraordinary glimpses on how life evolves. He obviously likes to teach since he asks you what you'd like to learn, plus the fact that his existence is a life lesson for all who come in contact with his story.

Have you thought about writing the fire station with the details of the man that died on 9/11, withholding the name of the fireman (and your name)? You could give an email address where the family of the lost fireman that fits your description and details could reach you should they choose to do so.

It's unobtrusive. They'll either write you or they won't. But at least they'll have the opportunity to make that choice. If they choose to contact you, imagine the healing that could take place for your son and for them.

I understand your fear of upsetting the apple cart and your desire to respect the family who lost someone on such a tragic day. Having been raised in a very fundamental Christian home where the very idea of reincarnation is sacrilegious and sinful, I say this from experience, sometimes when something brutal and cruel happens, your heart and mind expand looking for answers.

And you've been handed some rare answers. Thank you for sharing them with us. I personally hope one day that the family who lost this wonderful fireman is open and able to learn what your son is already teaching the rest of us.

Hi JATS! And a warm welcome to the Forum. I was very sorry to read of your loss, and sincerely hope that you'll gain insight and hope by reading these many cases indicative of reincarnation. If Baby_RN misses your post for any reason, let us thank you for your very kind and thoughtful words. We very much look forward to reading a thread about you and your thoughts about reincarnation.

-Nightrain

I'm so sorry for your loss...it is a very interesting idea you have about leaving it up to the family to contact me...the thing is I'm not sure who he actually was ...I guess I could just write the facts I have...and leave it up to them. There are also many,many catholic firefighters who do not believe in any of this. I don't want to throw other people's worlds off balance like I did with my husband and it is his own child! Just not sure I want to possibly dredge up very raw feelings in these awesome firefighters that have already suffered so much you know? I appreciate your great suggestions but am afraid it my confuse family and friends rather than help...i don't know if I would want to know or not if it was me...any ideas?

I am from the NYC area and have friends who lost loved ones that day. I don't think the grieving process for 9/11 is similar to other deaths...to me at least it seems larger and more painful, like these families can't move forward. If I thought your son was the reincarnation of Rob I would frankly beg you to het in touch with my friends. I wonder what Carol would think. Have you read that book about the boy who was a WW II pilot? I know they contacted his previous family and the boys father in this life was also very sceptical, so perhaps it would give you insight. Best of luck.

Thank you for the insight...It's good to know there are people willing to except this and use it to heal. I couldn't want anything more than to help a grieving family...problem being I'm not 100 percent sure who he was and if I throw the facts out there to this fire station it could possibly match most of the guys there..There have been some very specific things he has said to me which have not been posted but nothing is pointing me to one specific person by name...I'm not sure he wants me to know to be honest...maybe this is where i'm supposed to stop? Don't know!When his information stops ,I always think ,ok this is it... this is where it ends...then more info comes so I don't know...I have read about james and it is an amazing story and very similar to my son's dad...but my husband doesn't want to research or ask any questions to get more info from my son cause it just rocks his world to be honest. He accepts it but, will not and can't investigate any further for his own reasons i guess. My son decorated for memorial day for the family today before we woke up and we have american flags all over our house...it was his surprise to us this morning...he said ,"this is for everyone who fights to keep us safe...mommys' ,daddys',grandmas,grandpas,soldiers,snipers ,navy,angels and god"...

Hello Everyone,

Carol said:
I completely understand why you don't want to share a photo of your son. If you would like to share some of his firefighting decorations, we would love to see them.
baby rn sent the attached photo of some of her son's special things to Carol, as she suggested above, and she has given us permission to post on the forum.Thank you very much, baby rn! I appreciate your willingness to share your son's story with us - it's fascinating.Aili911baby helmets (med size).jpg

/monthly_2010_06/57c5f18093dda_911babyhelmets(medsize).jpg.5f6dc2977b28a42622a2851ec3567e95.jpg

I had a second cousin who died in 9/11. He was a firefighter - and he was Irish-Catholic. I noticed the green hat in the photo. Was your son's firefighter of Irish descent? Has he given you any info about his name or which fire department he worked for?

Hannah, if you read through this thread from the beginning, you'll find all the information Baby_rn has shared with us. :)

Karoliina

Back