A session with Rabbi Gershom and a Past Life Healing

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Phoenix, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

A number of people have asked to post about my session with Rabbi Gershom, and although much of what I discussed with him is very personal and confidential, there are some things I can share.

I was extremely apprehensive about talking to him, I had no idea of what response someone like me would receive from him. I should have listened to him and not worried about it. It was as comfortable as talking to an old friend. He is a very easy person to talk to, very outgoing, friendly and warm. He's also very kind and very caring.

I told him the only memory that i have that is directly connected with the Holocaust-of being on the outside looking in while a gas chamber was being demonstrated. And he told me his analysis of it.

During our first session, I did not admit the name of the person whose memories I possess-I was too worried about him saying I was crazy for believing that, but during our second session I did so.

The most amazing thing that happened as a result of our first session was something I requested his permission to share.

Just before we hung up, he told me that I have his blessing. Something that really surprised me to hear, I felt (and still feel) entirely unworthy of such a thing. What surprised me even more was that I perceived his blessing, just as I perceived the energy as it was released during the opening ritual at a pagan spirituality conference I went to earlier this year.

It was like perceiving energy and white light at the same time-very potent. It started at the crown of my head and flowed down and into me from there. It was thick and slow-moving (the only visual analogy I can come up with is like the commercial where they pour Mrs. Butterworths over a stack of pancakes).

There was also a vivid visual image that came with it. Rabbi Gershom spoke of building a bridge for healing in his first book, and what I saw in this image was that one had just been built, but that it was one of many that need to be built, and what those bridges would do is serve like sutures to pull together the raw edges of the terrible wound that the Holocaust made in the people on both sides, so that the wound can heal.

I don't know if he said it, or if it was just part of the experience, but I recall the words "walk in the light".

I was not sure at the time what that did to me, but there was a definite perceptual shift that had taken place. Something was missing that had been there before, I just didn't know what it was. I was off balance.

It was suggested that I write to him and let him know what I experienced, and I'll let him explain what he told me:

He told me not to overanalyze it, so I tried not to. Several days later, I realized what had happened. The divide between 'me' and 'him' was no longer there. And that's why I felt off-balance. I was no longer pushing 'him' away. There was no longer any 'him'. Only me.

One of the side effects of that is that now when I look in the mirror, I see Himmler looking back at me, and when I look at a photograph of Himmler, I see myself looking back at me. In spite of the fact that our pictures as children not only are very similar, but if you reduce the opacity on one and slide it over the other, the features line up precisely, I had never seen the resemblance before between the adult Himmler and myself. I do now.

It's rather creepy, but I've seen it before in other people that I know from the period.

So, that's what it's like to talk to Rabbi Gershom. Anyone else like to share stories of healings?

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Thank you for sharing your experience Phoenix. The Rabbi is a very special individual. What a wonderful opportunity for you.

I would like to hear more about your feelings regarding the following:
    And I am sincerely interested in the perceptual shift you described:
    What was there before? What didn't you know? What do you mean when you say you were "off balance?"

I am very happy for you - and excited that your interactions with the Rabbi have worked out so well.

Many Blessings

3. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

Thank you for sharing that. I'm glad you've contacted him.

I love your pancake analogy!

I can't imagine seeing your former self now. That must feel pretty wild. How are you handling that?

4. Phoenix

One day at a time, the only way I know how. My refusal to see the resemblance was a bit of leftover denial.

At first I was confused, because on the surface it sounds very new agey, and as such would not find any receptors in my system.

Then the clue train pulled in and I realized what it meant. Those are my marching orders. And they did not come as any particular surprise.

I guess I didn't explain that well enough in my post. I'll try again.

The only way I can describe how i felt after the healing is 'off-balance'. All of my perceptions felt skewed. It's sort of like how you feel if you spend the entire day wearing heavy boots, high heels, or heavy clothing, and then you take all that off and run around in shorts and bare feet. At first, your balance centers are still compensating for the extra weight or the heel height and you feel a bit weird.

Or if you are pushing against something with all of your weight and then (like in a cartoon) that thing which you have been pushing against is suddenly not there, you get the big surprised look on your face, right before you start to fall over in the direction you have been pushing.

This was like feeling that way for a couple of days. My visual perceptions were a bit off, too. I felt like a carriage horse who had his blinkers taken off for the first time and discovered peripheral vision.

However, these are very physical analogies for non-physical senses-just the closest I can come to explaining it.

Hope that explains it better :)

Phoenix

5. Amy

Amy Senior Registered

What a wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing. :thumbsup:

6. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Thank you for sharing your experience with Rabbi Gershom, Phoenix. I'm glad that you were able to experience such a release and healing.

What a wonderful man he is, to reach out and help so many people. I hope others benefit from speaking to him -- as much as you have.

Ailish

7. Phoenix

You are most welcome, Ailish. It is my hope that anyone who was involved in the Holocaust (on either side of that wound) and is in need of healing finds their way to Rabbi Gershom.

Phoenix

8. shield

shield Registered User

I just wanted to say your post effected me deeply. It hit me hard - if Himmler can be, in some sense of the word, forgiven, then it would be, more or less, a kind of inverted arrogance to think that someone else involved on the same side (like I believe I was) wouldn´t be able to be... were they willing to do the work.

Also, I have to say, this does allow me on a personal level, to find it easier to be able to take a larger step in forgiving Himmler, especially, of what he was part in doing to his country and his countrymen and the rest of the world. And, as a consequence, forgiving myself for what I, on some level, agreed to go along with and take part in.

So, thankyou that you have the courage and wisdom to go with your memories in a direction of healing. It´s a really good thing.

9. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

HI Phoenix,

I had to smile when you posted the following about walking in the light.
    So true. ;) But when I re-read your description you posted earlier about the Light starting at the crown and moving over you like molasses - I realized - your experience of Light - was truly a blessing and from a higher order than just the Rabbi who helped initiate it.

So thank you for sharing and answering my questions. I am certain that by sharing your experience - you are helping many - and touching the hearts of many more.

10. Phoenix

Bingo!

And for me, it's Hitler I eventually have to forgive. I have a few grudges against him. Not yet.

I don't know as courage and wisdom really fit-I've had guidance along the way in order to get me to the place I am at now, and have been given marching orders to point me in the direction that I am headed.

Phoenix

11. Phoenix

Oh yes, he made it quite clear that the blessing came from G-d, who apparently does not discriminate against pagans :)

It is my hope that my sharing will be helpful to someone in need of it.

I am an extremely private and secretive person (okay, so the apple didn't fall far from the tree) and I don't share, normally. But this is a situation where sharing is necessary, as it may help others to find their way to Rabbi Gershom and to their own healing.

I've noticed additional side-effects from that healing:

A couple of days ago, I was looking through a book of pictures from WWII, and there was a picture of Himmler in conversation with two SS officers, one of whom was unidentified, and turned about 3/4 away from the camera. When I saw that picture, I knew what his face looked like, and found another picture of him elsewhere that was taken after the first, that shows him in full profile, and although he'd gained a few pounds and another oak leaf, it was definitely him. And what's weird is that I've seen that picture many times (I made a toon out of the first one) and never knew who the unidentified man was.

Another picture, this one showing Goering and Himmler walking side by side down the street. That one also ended up as a toon, because they both looked kind of messed up. Now I remember it-Goering had just made a remark at my expense that he thought was rather funny and was smirking about it, and I was ticked off and just keeping it inside.

Yesterday, while watching a documentary, I recognized two SS officers whose faces were not particularly visible, just from their build and the way they walked.

...creepy...

Phoenix

12. shield

shield Registered User

Whatever... following guidance ain´t so bad either;) .

And taking an old misgiuded capacity for far-reaching loyalty and using it to follow the instructions of another, better leader is probably about as creative a use as you could put it, and yourself, to.

At least, that´s how I´ve been thinking about my own, PL and present, tendency along those lines...

13. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Phoenix, thanks for posting this thread. You are doing great work here. I too was very moved by your words. I have direct family connections to that war and reading your words brings back some powerful thoughts.

Tinkerman

14. Phoenix

15. shield

shield Registered User

Well, that´s really basically the way I read it, but I can see how my use of the words such as ´instructions´and ´leader´may be off in that context. Actually, the courage etc. I mentioned, I think comes in precisely at the point of being willing yourself, as the one decisionmaker, to decide for a path of healing rather than one of denial, bitterness etc.

Yes, I probably got a little tangled up in my own wording there, too, ´cause that´s exactly what I was attempting to say:thumbsup:. That is, it´s not necessarily that ability as such that is misguided but the use one puts it to can be.

Let´s say, instead of being willing to die for a king, I could use that drive to choose to live for Spirit, my own true nature.: angel :

16. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Anything new to share, Phoenix? It's been a while since you posted -- and I am curious how things are going. :)

Ailish

17. Phoenix

Thanks for remembering, Ailish :)

Things are going along. I've now had several sessions with Rabbi Gershom, and he's a truly amazing person. He seems to take it entirely in stride that when he came back from his retirement, there were dead Nazis waiting for him, eagerly.

In one of our sessions, he instructed me to read a couple of books, and one of them (Night of Broken Souls) offended me so much by his portrayal of Rabbi Gershom as a fictional rabbi who was a pastiche of stereotypes, and sweaty, that I posted my first-ever Amazon review-and was (according to the good rabbi) a blow to the solar plexus.

He's also given marching orders to myself and one of my old buddies-write a book, each. Something we've both had on the back burner for a long time. I mentioned it on another thread. This weekend, I put together what I call a 'mission statement' for mine and finished the first draft of the outline.

My old buddy and I have had some creative differences. I don't want to tell my story, nor do I want to tell the story of the Group. And the last thing I want to do is publish my journal entries and a long list of the research I've done. Not only do I see that as being tremendously narcissistic, but the word 'boring' comes to mind as well.

So, I'm doing it my way, and he's doing it his way, and hopefully, we'll both end up with something worth reading, and not just expensive paperweights.

And that's all the news that's fit to post.

Phoenix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.