American G.I.

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Lucky Strike, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike New Member

Hello, everyone. I'm a new user. I was happy to see that there is a War forum, because that is what the majority of my experiences deal with. I am a war history buff, and I've seen several war movies in my twenty-one years. The images that I've had have never been specific (I've never realized exactly who I was), but they were vivid.

Initially I assumed that the dreams and images could be attributed to everything I've read and seen in movies. After some thought though, I realized that my images were never similiar to what I've seen in movies or pictures in books. My first experience was in Vietnam during the late 1960's. I was leading a platoon across a streambed when we began taking small-arms fire from the far bank of the stream.

A few of my men were hit immediately, but we returned fire and seemed to have the enemy pinned down. I moved the platoon forward and had my radioman call in to report the contact. As we moved forward, the enemy soldiers suddenly rushed out into the streambed firing. I raised my M-16 to fire, but the rifle jammed. I fell to a knee to unjam the rifle just as an enemy soldier was rushing toward me. I turned to one of my sergeants (in this dream the sergeant appeared to be my nineteen year-old brother), and yelled for help. I turned to look back at the enemy soldier, and as he raised his rifle to fire at me my brother shot him. I awoke from the dream after that. I later described the dream to a few Vietnam Veterans that I know, and they all said that the scenario was believable.

I don't know whether to attribute this to watching too many war movies or if it could be legitimate. I've always liked watching films and television shows from the sixties, and many of the songs that I listen to are from the same time period. I've also always felt that U.S. servicemen were treated unfairly back home. The 'baby-killer' accusations have especially bothered me. I felt that most men didn't do such things, and that they didn't want to be in Vietnam any more than the next person did.

The 'body-count' obsession that h.q. had was disturbing to say the least. We weren't there to save the world from communism. Just trying to survive. Thanks for giving me a chance to post this.

2. catseye

catseye Senior Registered

Hey Lucky Strike,
    Welcome to the forum. I just want to say that I agree with you. The vets got a bad rap. The sixties tended to be too symbolic at times and the poor grunt on the ground got held up as some evil creature bent on destroying everything in his path. Many people didn't seem to realize that these were 18 and 19 year old kids, many of whom had never been away from home before, they're dropped into this scary forest and regularly shot at by people who could not be seen! You have no choice but to shoot back or die!
    So, do you think that you died in Vietnam?! (I'm asking because I do astrology and past life stuff. Vietnam being so close
    would possibly be an interesting chart to do,
    if you are interested.)
    catseye

3. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike New Member

Catseye,
    Thanks for your reply. As to your question about whether I died in Vietnam or not...I don't know. As I was reading your reply, I recalled something when I was about five or six years old. I suppose like many young boys do, my brother and I and a few friends would play war. Usually we split into two teams and would play against each other. But I remember an instance when we decided to play as one team, and seek out an "invisible" enemy. There was a field with chest-high grass near our house. We simply fanned out in a line and walked through the brush.

We didn't really "fire" at anything, we just walked along looking for something. Being so young, I had never seen any of the Vietnam movies that were so popular in the late eighties. I don't have any close relatives who fought in the war, either. Since this site seems to focus on Child past-lives, this memory of patroling the field came as a revelation of sorts. I'm usually not an outwardly emotional person, but seldom do I ever sit through a halfway believable war movie without holding back the tears. The same phenomenon occurs when I read first-hand accounts of war. Especially when it comes to comrades dying in another man's arms. I don't know if I'm sentimental...or if I've had some personal experiences relating to war. Once again, I don't know if I died in Vietnam or not.

Considering how strongly I feel about the treatment of Veterans, I wonder if I didn't make it back home to experience the animosity first-hand. I don't really know much about astrology, but I'd be willing to delve into that. If it's a start, I was born in 1980 and my sign is Cancer. I really appreciate the reply, and look forward to what comes next.

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Lucky Strike,

I find your story very interesting!!! You know... in Carol's new book there is a story of a child who remembers being in a war...I think Desert Storm...(NOT sure on that) but it was a relitively current war.

Wouldn't it be interesting if someone did research on children's memories of wars that happened between say - the Civil War and current times? I mean we have so much documentation on these wars...that these memories could possibily 'enlighten us' regarding what REALLY happened in specific battles and or the visions and 'learning' that happened between these lives and now.

OK, I am babbling..no coffee this morning! LOLOLO Just a thought.

Do share more Lucky Strike...

------------------
    Love,
    Deborah

Lifes experiences weave a tapestry of knowledge

5. Aquinas

Aquinas Oxford U., here I come!

I also agree with you. Lucky, I'm the same age as you and often I wonder if one of the reasons our generation has so many problems (i.e. school shootings, gang violence, hate crimes, etc) is because they are the reincarnations of Vietnam soldiers who died violently very young in a war they probably didn't understand very well. Obviously there are other factors making our generation what it is, and on the whole I think our generation is the most tolerate generation yet, but we do seem to have some "problem children" in our midst.

6. mielno

mielno New Member

Re: question

I am not sure if I was an American GI but I do remember being in WW2,see my thread

7. Kt's Child

Kt's Child New Member

I had an extremely vivid dream once, it's been a few years and I still remember it quite clearly...

I was sneaking over a hill with the other members of my squad (7 or 8 others). This was on the outskirts of a European town. As we crested the hill, we could see at the base four or five Germans (Wermacht uniforms, I've seen and read enough about them to be entirely sure). They didn't see us. They were limbering some sort of field gun (light artillery) to the back of a truck. We gunned them down before they could react. I remember quite clearly the feel of the M1 Garand rifle in my hands and looking down the sights as I shot. After that we snuck into the town itself. I think we were scouts or some sort of sneaky flanking manuver. Here the dream changed. I was in a Sherman tank (though I don't know why I'm sure of the type of tank, but there it is). The other members of the squad were with me. It was very chaotic as none of us were trained tankers, so we were all faking it, trying to figure it out. We rounded a corner in what I presume was the same town/village (city?) as before and we were staring right at the back of a Tiger tank. I was in the gunner position. I promptly aimed and fired. My mates were all shouting and freaking out. Did I kill it? No. (Seems my luck has been around longer than just this lifetime.) I remember screaming for someone to reload as the Tiger turret swung around. Man, was I scared. I just kept screaming "RELOAD!" at the top of my lungs. Did we kill that tank? I still don't know. The dream changed again. The four of us were being chewed out by some British officer. Seems he had a problem with some Yanks stealing his tank and running off with it. It must have come to some harm, cause he was hot. After he was done we were ushered out by our commander who acted all upset at us. Once we were outside and loaded up in one of those big two-and-a-half ton trucks with the other squad memebers he told us we kicked ***, but we'd better not get caught doing something like that again. Then I woke up.

I have no names and places. I think I was Airborne (82nd or 101st), though I can't even be sure of that. I'm only pretty sure it was a pastlife memory as I cannot confirm a single detail...

Oh. Now that I think I had one more dream along those lines. It's winter, there's snow everywhere. The Germans are coming through a gap (a gate or a hole, not sure) in a very tall wall. I know we're all fighting for our lives and it's not looking good. I'm just on the inside of this wall, not more than 20 feet from the attackers. The fight goes on awhile, it's pretty messy. Last thing I remember is looking right down the barrel of a flamethrower, the soldier is only a few feet from me, I can look very clearly in his eyes. He's not happy about what he has to do, but he's set to do it. I woke before he fired, thankfully. But I think that's where I died.

It all feels real to me. That's all I know for sure.

8. Hammy

Hammy Senior Registered

Wow. You have described in great detail something that I have read about many times as I am a very keen studier of WW2 in particular. You describe finding the sherman tank and going off in it, I find that highly plausible as tanks were often left for a number of reasons and I can well imagine a young soldier and his mates thinking 'why not drive it away' on the spur of the moment. One of the telling points for me of what you write, is when you say you fired at the Tiger and it made no difference. It is a well known fact that the Tigers armour was more than a match for the shot from a sherman unless caught in exactly the right place (the firefly sherman could kill a Tiger). You were lucky to escape alive from that episode and it seems clear that the tank you were in was destroyed by the superior fire power of the Tiger. You say that you might have been killed by flamethrower and again this is very possible as they were used extensively by both sides during the war to flush out difficult positions. Also the general language you have used in your post is very like that of descriptions I have read in many books over the years and heard in documentaries.
    If you do recall anymore details please post them and I will try and look things up for you.
    Best wishes,
    Hammy.

9. michaldembinski

michaldembinski Senior Registered

Warsaw, Poland; 52 degrees North, 21 degrees East

I remember being called up. I'd (quite unpatriotically) tried to dodge the draft by falsely applying for a farm deferment or some other wile connected with agriculture; but Uncle Sam got me in the end. I was around 20, from Bowling Green, Kentucky(?). Born in Ireland, I had emigrated to the USA as a child with my family. It was my first day at boot camp just as we heard about the D-Day landings. It was a wrench leaving my girl friend, Kell(e)y Kamen (or Kaman). I remember being in the back of a six-by-six truck with a lot of other new recruits. It was a sunny day, we were all dressed in green fatigues...

I was serving in the Pacific with the Marines, as an airplane mechanic. My skills as a farm mechanic (and owner of an elderly Henderson Four motorcycle) got me work away from the front line. We landed at Tarawa and set up a workshop, bringing in the kit from a seaplane tender moored off shore. I recall bring wooden crates full of tools and machines up the beach, wading through the warm water, and seeing fleets of silvery B-29s flying in formation very high in the deep-blue skies, contrails streaming behind them...

Later I applied for a course to learn to fly. This was as the war was coming to an end. I stayed in the Marines, flying reconnaissance, weather recon and air-sea rescue missions, and later I transfered to the USAF during the Cold War in Europe, seeing service in West Germany, England, Norway (and covertly in neutral Sweden).

I returned to the States and settled in the north (Duluth, Minnesota?) and died young in my early 30s (motorcycle accident?) Recall being in hospital, dying, nurse saying "Mr Martin, you will not live through till the morning", but I was already out-of-body by then.

10. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

My husband had a "flash/vision" a few weeks ago. He was going through the house, locking up for the night and turning lights off and just as he turned-out the living room light, he said he suddenly saw an old stone bridge and saw an injured soldier underneath. He was going to check-on/help the G.I. when he was shot in the back. Then the "flash" was over. He said it took all of a split second but was so vivid, he was there. Well, he hasn't read the books I have ("Old Souls," "Children's Past Lives," etc.) and we haven't really had time to talk with him about them ... but I realized he has odd "scar-like" birthmarks on both his stomach and his back that kind of match. I pulled his shirt up to see how reasonable it would be that a bullet could pass from one spot to the other, and it's a straight shot. I then explained to him about Dr. Stevenson's studies of birth mark/scars. He found this very interesting and never even realized he had the scar on his back.

11. thephilosopher

thephilosopher Senior Registered

Thank you Lucky Strike and others for your VERY interesting posts.

I am a Viet-Nam veteran who was in the war in 1969-70. I have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and have a total and permanent disability.

I feel compassion for each and everyone afflicted by war, whether they are American, Iraqi, or Vietnamese. I feel that I am first a citizen of the world, who happened to be born in America.

We form our past, present, and future by our thoughts. My main "job assignment" for the next twenty-years or so is to begin to lay the groundwork for my next incarnation in physical reality. I will NEVER allow my self to be in any war, and will do everything I can to advance the cause of peace.

Many who made their transition as a result of the Viet-Nam war have probably opted to return to physical life quickly. However, I feel that many more will reincarnate as a group, possibly being infants or very young children at the present time.

I would like to hear more from others who "resonate" with 1960's music, sub-culture, or ideals.

12. Deborah

I am curious if any new members remember the Viet-Nam war? My son does. He lived through it only to die of a drug overdose years later. He has dreams about the war and still holds on to the feelings of the 1960's. Right down to the music, the cars and the Anti War protests of the time.

13. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Closing in on 60, I remember the Viet Nam era and all it involved all to well. I was a war protestor, and still feel the US government and the draft board harassed me. Although I luckily never served, both of my closest male friends did, and neither of them have many good memories from that time. It's a minor miracle we remained friends, because Viet Nam seemed to have divided us as a country lie no other war had up to that time. So if anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer them, but I'd wear out my keyboard trying to cover all the details.

John

14. Hippy16

Hippy16 Senior Registered

interesting thread. My freinds dad is a huge civil war buff, i always think people so interested in a war must have lived during that time, why else would it be so interesting to them, and not to other, like myself i despise everything about the entire time period.

but now the Vietnam era i love, the whole 1965-1970 is just my peak of interest when it comes to time periods. it always has been. the music,the counterculture, the styles, the political and social events just everything about it. But i dont think a was a soldier during this time, although i dont know. my regressions never take me back to that life. for all i know that could be why i am so anti-war now (growing up in a military family i wasnt taught any of my beliefs now). Hmm this has made me wonder, i always thought i was a hippy. although when i really think i was probably just a regular person. But ever since i can remember the 60's just always felt like home to me. i was born in 1987, and my previous life ended in the very early 1950's/late 1940's so there is definatly a chunk of time missing, that could easily explain my extreme obsession with the 1960's, and many of my beliefs and morals, since they did not come from my parents.

michal- odd, i live very close to Bowling Green kentucky, i was scrolling down a seen the name and was like woah. so you lived there in a past life? interesting.

15. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I've always been interested in the history of war, but that interest ended with Viet Nam. Growing up with a war you oppose as the backdrop can be odd. I find both the Civil War and WWI fascinating, but I hope I was a pacifist in any and every past life.

John

16. PaulAdams

PaulAdams New Member

Hi all. I'm italian and i'm a 39 yrs old guy.

I share the same experience with Lucky.

I started recalling some memories in unusual ways.

Seeing myself on a military jeep was the first of my visions.

But lately i discovered i was feeling strange deep feelings while listening to some 60's music and watching war movies.

Especially "the night before" from the beatles has a particolar meaning to me.

There's a playlist i made to analyze that.

When i saw the pilot episode of ghost whisperer i couldn't fight back my tears and that moved me a lot because i always locate my emotional reactions in movies into what i know (and what i experienced in my life) but in this case i wasn't able to match it.

Then i started alligning all the memories and visions and feelings that i experienced in all my life since i was a little kid.

I remember that when the letter arrived for the military medical tour i immediately thought that i was on to join the army, then going to war and then never come back.

This was the meaning of that letter and so i stayed away from anything military, because, for me, it meant death during a tour of duty.

But despite this aspect i have been always attracted by military life and vets stories.

I remembered (i almost forgot it for a long time) there was a marine helmet toy in my cousin's room that i loved so much.

Anytime i went there i had it on my head. Anytime.

I remember the strange feelings i felt while looking at kim wilde's video of "cambodia" and i remember listening hundreds times "camouflage" by Stanard Ridgway when i was a teenager.

Then i recalled things i theorically couldn't.

Like everyday army life, tour and skirmishes, battles, sounds, voices, places.

I saw myself on a plane transporting other fellow soldiers to vietnam, i saw myslef in the bush and i felt my feet so cold like they where deeply into a pond.

I vaguely remember some faces (i think "mom" or a relative), some school scene and maybe a girl i had in that life.

I started searching for people who died in vietnam and then i casually found myself...

It's hard to explain also because there are things i can't figure out myself.

But when i saw that staring eyes in the photograph i recognize myself immediately and i was overwhelmed.

I thought: "that's the face i see everytime i look myself in a mirror: god, that's me!".

There are too many things but it's difficult sharing this experience with other people.

There's a possibility it's all in my imagination, but thanks to that i started seeing many thiings differently, in a less attached way, sort of, and i started to understand some things of my actual life.

Thanx for reading this.

;)

17. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi PaulAdams,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your experiences here with us. I know how it can be difficult to talk about these things, but you're amongst like minded people here who are friendly and understand your situation, and who are willing to listen and help out where they can.

Music can be a very powerful source for remembering your past lives. I have my own playlist of certain songs that remind me very much of my own past life, and i often play them when i want to remember.... ;)

I think it's fascinating that you managed to find pictures of yourself (is that one in your avatar? or does it just remind you of who you were?) i can only imagine what it must feel like to stare into your own eyes from a past life. I have many pictures that i've found of people who remind me of what i looked like, and looking at those is an experience in itself.

I hope you enjoy your time here in the forum, and i hope you will feel comfortable with sharing any more of your memories. Feel free to jump in with any of the discussions.

Chris.. :)

18. Kay

Kay Senior Registered

Hi PaulAdams welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I think it is awesome that you have been able to find a pastlife picture of yourself. I look forward to hearing any updates that you get.

Kind Regards

Kay

19. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Ciao and welcome to the forum, PaulAdams! :)

Thank you for sharing your fascinating story. We are always here if you want to tell us more. :) I hope it helps you to read through the different threads here and see many people have similar experiences to you.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Karoliina

20. PaulAdams

PaulAdams New Member

Hi Chris, Kay and Karoliina.

I'm glad you answered me so quickly.

Actually the guy in my avatar is myself with an addiction: the helmet. :)

It's a strange feeling however.

Seeing those things helped me understand a lot of things and calm me down.

The initial was a lil' disturbing but later i cleared it up by investigating it.

When i saw the photo of this young guy from Oklahoma i really got startled. His eyes were at the same time proud, firm and scared.

I reconginzed myself in that.

In a few words it looked so familiar to me.

I'm pretty sure of having been him, but, you know, as a rational man i feel split in two.

So i hope i can find more information by myself (before ringing the bell of my former sister's house :D )

Strangely, honor, duty, patriotism are concept completely alien to me now, but in some way, i understand them, i've always done. Even military life is so far away from me now, but i feel an incredible nostalgic feeling when i get into stories of war, army, veterans and so on. Really like an unknown part of me has been there.

I remember talking to a soldier who was surprised of how precisely i described a soldier's life during war.

However, hoping you'll like it, I'm posting something I wrote after reading all those memorials of so many (too many) families who lost their relatives in that ugly war.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

at night

no one could sees us

at night we thought

no one would catch us

at night...

suddenly a rumour from the bush

close

real close

take cover

stand down

be careful

...retreat

it's time now

it's time for me

i'm done

down

it's cold, so cold

rumours

crys

shots

at night

it's time, again

i can se all

i now recall

i can see them running

i can sense them

i can feel them

it's time to leave

them

but please

please

mother, father,

brother, sister

wife

...son...

live your life

every second deeply

be there

please

remember

who i was

live for me

...live me.

;)

21. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Thank you, PaulAdams, that was very beautiful. hug3.gif

Karoliina

22. Deborah

A very old thread that represents a POV for an American GI and the vietnam war. Anyone remember this one?

This member is in the archive - The Vietnam war.

23. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

My current-life husband died in the Viet Nam war in his past life. His memories involve an incompetent commander, a total breakdown in discipline, and his fateful decision to relieve his CO of command and get the guys out of there. Things were decided when someone popped the CO shortly after he relieved him of command. He said he couldn't really remember because all Hell had broken loose. He didn't know if it was VC or "friendly fire". At any rate, he got the guys out of there. However, he was the last to leave, desiring to make sure everybody that could get out did get out. He took a bullet through the heart for his troubles. He believes he was Army, but can't focus on any insignia to identify a company or anything.

This image plays through his dreams, and to this day he cannot tolerate incompetent leaders. Be it in politics or business, anyone appointed over him had damned well better lead, not just sit up on a high horse and dictate. He also tends to take personal responsibility for those who work under him. However, he does expect teamwork and discipline, and has no problem canning someone who doesn't pull their weight. It's given him a reputation as a "hard-***" (no offense, that's what they've called him), but it has given him some excellent teams to work with. The guys that have worked for him either hate him or would follow him to the gates of Hell. Not bad for an IT guy!

24. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

He sounds very much like me. Oh I cannot stand incompetent leaders either. And I've gotten the same sort of reaction from folks as he does. Maybe that's why people either really like me or they really hate me...I don't know.

It's a bummer that he can't 'pick up' on any sort of insignia though - as that would really be a good starting place to do research on this.

25. Shiftkitty

I've asked him to try, but so far he's been too caught up in the emotion of the scene. He keeps trying, though. He's not a lucid dreamer and doesn't recognize when he's in a dream, so the deck is stacked against him at the moment.

26. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

Sooo weird ... just as I was reading the words "fateful decision" on your post the television narrator said exactly the same two words .. then I heard noise like the saloon doors on my kitchen opening. :eek:

I have GOT to stop being awake after 3 am ... :grr:

27. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Images of insignias

Try looking at images of insignias (which can include armed-forces encyclopedias in print, as well as online images). "Deja-vu like memories on interest" may be evoked through viewing a series of insignia images; as symbols may most easily be remembered.

The deja-vu like memories may not happen right away; as memories may arise during some future half-asleep/half-awake state, or during PL recall exercises e.g., meditation.

I'm attempting to evoke memories of service in WWII North-Africa e.g., Quartermaster duties by viewing a series of insignia images in use during WWII.

28. Shiftkitty

I've suggested that he try to "see" an insignia in his dreams, but he lacks the ability to recognize that he's in a dream and always forgets to. As for books, I'll have to see if I can find something. He's interested in the Viet Nam war, but he always gets distracted by the helicopters. I'll ask him to see if anything looks familiar. All he can tell me at the moment is that the number 4 is very strong in his mind in this dream.

29. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

I think dreams may be terribly undependable when it comes to revealing accurate information because they often include scenarios that never happened. My own nightmares still persist after 46 years, and even though they are reminiscent of things that happened in a general sense, they often involve specific events that didn't.

As much as I hated being in the Army and especially being in Vietnam, however, I can tell you that my heart beats faster when I see the 11th Light Infantry or Americal Division patch. There are books out there that contain all the patches and unit descriptions of all the units that were in Vietnam, and if your husband were to peruse them, he might happen upon one which stirs his emotions.

If he has any specific questions, I'll make myself available. Just ask.

30. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I was given a breakdown of lifetime threads some time ago that were really interesting. I was born in 1888, and died in 1905. If I hadn't died then my lifeplan was to die as a civilian of some disease in my forties in the 1930's and reincarnate to experience a war death in Viet Nam, then to be reborn in the 1990's.

Well, I died in 1905. I was reborn in 1909 and again died early in 1919. I was born again in 1922 and killed in WWII in the invasion of Italy from Sicily, then born in 1960 and survived to the present.

The really cool part of this is that my son was born in 1999 and has a really strong sense of modern combat. He and his friends (largely through his exhuberance and apparent expertise) are big airsoft gun nuts and they play viet nam war games in the backyard. Whenever they get together it is always the viet nam war and they all seem to know way more than I do after living through not only the news reports but all the subsequent period movies of the conflagration. My comments that I want him to be a lover not a fighter have not quite fallen on deaf ears, but pretty near, although he expressed his love in continuous hugs.

One other interesting note is he has complained about his neck hurting him over the years...and he has a very light birthmark on the left side of his neck about the size of a silver dollar with a small dark freckle in the center and it has been there since his birth. With the alternative direction my lives have taken and the way they could have gone, it is my assumption that he took the path I might have gone...he may have checked my viet nam war-death box on the resume while I took the earlier WWII opportunity.