• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Ancient Egypt

deborah

Director Emerita
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi *S*S

I thought I would open this thread for discussion regarding ANY past life memories, thoughts regarding such, and research anyone has found that validates their experience with the ancient Egyptians.

I lived around the year 3500 BC.

8/18/92
My meditation today led me to Egypt. I first entered into the light; it was a swirling beautiful purple and blue light in my inner vision. It felt as though my consciousness was moving through time and space and I soon found myself walking through a garden. This garden area was square shaped, open at the top and laid out in the middle of what seemed like a temple (thematic) school. The garden area was in the center. As I walked through the garden I noticed there were pillars which held up the porch walk ways. These pillars were shaped liked reeds at the top.

I know I am undergoing a very intense education which seems to be focused on inner knowing and self awareness. I looked down and I am a young woman of about fourteen years old. I know that I am studying very hard and that I am in a very elite school. I feel very proud to be there."

Does anyone here remember Ancient Egypt?

Dear Deborah,
my memories from that particular life are scarce... I remember the room we met to the classes, it was small, humid and hot. We stood there looking the golden drawings over a lapis-lazuli wall. I remember we belonged to the order of the triangle. I also remember the drawing of Horus. Now the Book of Thoth came back to mind, and it was a mix of History and guide. The first part was about our origin, the stars, and the path we had to follow to return. Then the book became a sort of I-Ching or Tarot. We could anytime get advices. I can't remember how, but the god (as icons) could answer differently. The History part resembles a lot with the Genesis, probably it influenced the myth of lost Paradise, the tree of knowledge and the branches representing the paths we all had to walk. Each path had an icon, Horus, Anubis etc., meaning pain, pleasure, defeats, matter, spirit and so on.
I died young, in my 20's. If something comes to my mind again, I will share with you. I can't control the unveiling, it just happens. But then I know the difference of fantasy and real.
Thanks for the opportunity,

Hi,

Perhaps the "gods could answer differently" because when viewing the hieroglyphics it was important to "see" the images with your "inner vision" -- the third eye so to speak. This enables one to "see" and understand the meanings from all angles, and in an expanded state of consciousness. Schwaller de Lubicz speaks in depth about this type of "vision" in his book on Egypt called the Temple of Man.

Did the path 'home' have to do with LIGHT?
Love,
Deborah

Lifes experiences weave a tapestry of knowledge

Just a quick question:
When you remember your life of ancient Egypt, can you remember the language, the life in general?

I'm wondering isn't the remembering of past lives a great tool for historians to know more in details about the lives, language, culture of a specific old civilization...

Will you guys recognize any Egyptian words easier than others? With some exposure, maybe you can remember and speak it...

cpliu

HI Cpliu,

Yes, I remember very clearly the clothing, the rituals, and temples. But my memories are of a very elite school, and mostly contain the work done in the Temples and the training process.

Although I have "heard" the ancient language in meditations, I do not speak it, and usually when I remember, the communications within the temples were done telepathically. So no matter what language was spoken, it was instantaneously understood.

------------------
Love,
Deborah

I'd love to hear all about it, to the very tiniest detail. Also I am curious if there was anything people learned then that we could work on/with now? What do you think? What Deborah says about heiroglyphics is really interesting. A language that acknowledges and works with the communication methods of the Otherworld - is it fair to describe it like that? Sounds really 3d.

Szo

Hi Szo,

One of the things that was taught that may be fun to talk about are the tools that help to strengthen our ability to learn in the 4th - (and on) dimension and even travel to other dimensions.

The basics are the same. Meditation is and was the best source. Going within and trusting oneself within ones being. Making contact with the first spark of life that was created by God, it is within each individual.

They taught that in order to experience other dimensions that there are thousands of additional senses. The senses that most people know of are the most primitive. Touch, taste, smell, hearing and sight.

The higher senses are those of vibrations. These vibrations were key to experiencing beyond our time space paradigm -- most important was the realization that certain sounds are actually Light.

Dealing with vibration and sound and light is probably the best I can do to describe teaching tools used then in order to experience altered states consciously. To listen very carefully and to surrender within the being as you meditate. It is also the act of surrender, of letting go that brings one into higher states of consciousness.

Sound works to enhance human vibration. It is brought through the body and all of the peripheral nerves and felt within every part of the being. This type of vibrational sound is not the same sound that we are most familiar with, such as the speaking voice. Vibrational sound sets off a value that is felt within the body. Peripheral nerves feel this vibration.

We were taught that the physical body must not be in resistance with the astral body. The astral body must be able to clarify and release itself from the physical. Bringing the vibration down through the physical body helps to release the astral body from it. It was at the time of birth that the astral body unites with the physical body.

So in a nut shell they worked intensively with internal sound, color and light -- these are what raise the level of consciousness. They used a bell similar to the Tibetan bell, a very pleasurable sound. It is the ringing of these bells that enable the balancing of the right and left hemisphere of the brain which in turn brings consciousness to the center. Enter - altered states...

Love,
Deborah

Interesting Deb,

Just about everything you said about ancient Egypt are the same as what I am learning (re-learning) now and practicing again this lifetime. So, this knowledge is not restricted to any one time and place - it is universal. But it is true that some cultures were/are more attuned to subtle vibrations than others.

I particularly appreciate what you said about there being thousands of additional senses. I have probably experienced dozens of other senses, and I am well aware that I am a beginner at this.....

And yes surrender is so very important when we attune with Spirit. I am reminded of this every time I attune.

Blessings,

Bob

Hi Deborah and everyone else,

Deep topic Deborah. I'm familiar with the teaching of merging the left and right "sounds" into the central sound. In the central sound golden white light is seen. The Master-Saints have a strong force field around them as a result of this balance and radiation of energy which is seen as a halo. (and more) Also tied in with this is the scent of roses. A Master-Saint will have the scent of roses or something very pure and clean about them even though there are no actual roses in the area. Thus the light-sound-scent all go together so to speak. I have also experienced the Spirit in other ways, for instance as a gentle wind, a wind that can pass right through body, emotions, and mind, reaching directly to the soul in total compassion! In surrender to and recognition of that Compassion we are given to drink of Living Water of Life! Thanks be to God, Amen

Peace, why

Hi, *S*S*S

Bob, I would say that this 'knowledge' is ancient....and I agree -- it is not restricted to one time or place. Although, 'Universal' - not all cultures worked with the energy or vibration in the same way. I personally feel like I am in the first grade, and there is much more to be aware of than what I think I 'know.'

Szo, you are on the right track, yes -- certain sounds can activate inner LIGHT.
Inner light is what enbales one to transcend time and space. I have more thoughts on subtle energies and 'opening' up -- next post. *S*S*S*

WHY, your terminology is different from mine, but the concept is the same. Although to me we all are capable of becoming "Master Saints." Hhmmmm... In fact, how you phrase things sounds very 'Essene.'

Gisele, Szo did tell me about them and I am ordering the "Eyes of Horus" for sure and then the others. LOLO My second hint to go get the books.

HI again,

OK, here are some thoughts regarding inner light. There was great importance put on one color to raise consciousness. It is the color purple. It signifies the love and grace of the Gods.

I remember doing meditations in the Light facing the sun, and listening to the pure sound of the bells. With my eyes closed of course. Allowing the light of the sun to come within my being and to amplify that which is within.

If you think about solar energy, the body is like the solar cell that is activated with light -- that light being within you is activated when the light connects.

By bringing the light into the body it was reflected back. Everything is done in reflection. (Think Hologram) We were told that if we wished greater intensity of light, face light. Not man made light, only the light of the sun or the light of the moon. Early morning or evening light is best, just before sundown and just following sunrise.

As in Buddhist traditions there is a sequential process of inner colors and light. By focusing on inner light the colors will come naturally. As we worked through the cleansing of each chakra level we came to know our progress by the color that was perceived. Most literature's have this correct. The lower chakra color is red, then red-orange, yellow (emotional), green (heart) , blue, indigo, purple, and golden. White light coming from above.

We were taught that there are 12 chakras within. Seven in the body and five above the crown chakra.

Once again Deborah, I can confirm virtually everything you have said. It is very similar to what I am learning this lifetime. For example, I have also learned about the twelve chakras, with the difference that I have learned also to attune to the Earth Star, the chakra that is below our feet (very important for grounding!)

I am aware that there are many variations in the details of what different cultures and different mystery schools teach. But the essence seems very much the same.

I have also studied in many mystery schools in past lifetimes. However I don't remember the details. But sometimes when I am learning something "new" this lifetime, I have flashbacks or remembrances. I can remember the first time I graduated from a healing program this lifetime, I had such a strong feeling that I had been through many similar graduations before. I wouldn't be surprised if that is true (with individual variations, of course) for many of us.

Some folks asked how we can learn to develop our subtle senses and obtain some of this wisdom now. For anyone who is really serious about learning I strongly recommend the wonderful energy healing school I've been involved with for the past five years (see InnerFocus For those who would like to read more about this area, I would recommend Barbara Brennan's books, Hands of Light and Light Emerging.

For those who are serious about self study, I strongly recommend having a clear intention and practice, practice, and more practice. Less than a decade ago or so I knew very little about subtle senses. I just knew something about meditation and calming my mind. But ever since I dedicated myself to the healing arts and I dedicated myself to helping others with my healing abilities, I have developed one subtle ability after another. I can now attune with a total stranger over the phone and receive significant information for their healing and spiritual growth within minutes. And I know that if I have learned to do this, then there is no reason anyone else can't do the same (following your own path, of course, as the guidance of your own heart is paramount).

I also strongly believe that the heart, not the mind is the key to developing our subtle senses. When I attune with another I start by quieting my mind and opening my heart. I find that my mind is actually a secondary or tertiary tool which I use for interpreting and communicating the subtle perceptions I receive.

I must admit that it is a bit humbling to contemplate that the knowedge I am learning this lifetime, I have learned many times before - in Egypt, in Atlantis, in Greece, and elsewhere. Hopefully this lifetime I am learning it well and using it well.

Blessings,

Bob

Well well...I don't know where to start..and I don't know how much to throw forward in one single throw...so I'll take Deborah's cue I guess *S*S*S*S

Well I have lived two lives that I remember in Egypt, one more vividly and excitedly than another may I add.

In one of the life's I was an Egyptian scribe around 1350BC, in the other I also lived around 3500BC and was an Initiate in the Temples of Horus...so as you can see, me and Deborah have a little in common. So I thought I'd throw a meditation experience in here also.....

19/11/00

I found myself outside looking up to the night’s sky, I immediately sensed it was Egypt and the sky was the most beautiful hue of midnight blue, the stars were so clear and in their trillions all around shining and sparkling above, I sensed others around me, and I felt a presence close to my side, but I did not look down from the sky, we seemed to be waiting for something…then a bright white light appeared in the sky above our heads, I saw it float majestically down towards us then found myself walking in a procession of priestesses. We walked in two’s along a tunnel in what I felt was a pyramid, I got the feeling of descending downwards quite far, we were all dressed in long floating garments of white, attached to our shoulders by what I could see as great gold wings, and I saw gold bands encircling everyone’s heads….next I felt myself in a room, as it opened up, the ceiling rose upwards like an enormous chimney, I felt energy vibrating all around me and I was aware of someone important behind me as I watched the lights twisting and moving around in the chimney, at that point I almost felt like I shed my human body, I felt like I declothed it like a robe and rose to entwine with all the light and energy in the room, the feeling was amazing and I could feel my whole body vibrate.

Next I saw myself outside during the daytime, I was in some kind of garden and was standing in the centre with two other friends, we were all dressed in white and were busily chattering happily - I felt a deep bond between us all, I heard the birds and felt warm winds and breezes brush my face as we chattered away, I believe we were discussing the events of the night before.

Heh Deborah

I can still vividly picture and sense that memory in every aspect of my soul when I read over it...seems these memories are a lot stronger, emotionally as well as visually compared to other lives I've witnessed
And it seems a little synchroncity.

06/08/00

….I can remember being with another person, a very important person, who was showing me an image of an Egyptian pyramid. The pyramid was being holographically projected in front of us, a 3-D image that could be manipulated, broken down, and turned at any angle for a better look (and understanding), I wasn’t quite sure if I was in my own body at the time, as I remember feeling like a very young girl, although in the presence of someone with such knowledge, I think anyone could have felt dwarfed or childlike.

The being was explaining and showing me the complexities of the pyramids, I didn't see their face as it was hidden by the hood of their cloak, and I don't remember any words spoken either, just a mutual teaching and flow of information between us – a telepathic communication we shared - I know that a lot was shown and explained to me in this dream.

I was in a big room, so much so, I don't remember much about it from my standing position, so I moved up and above the situation at some points. When this alleviation happened I remembered seeing the room as a circular structure, with a very high ceiling that decreased in size as it continued upwards to a kind of point, with only me (with black hair I noticed, and slightly more petite), the being, and the projection in the centre below – it was almost like a chimney in the centre of the room.

I almost felt like the room was situated underground or inside some other big monument or structure, possibly the pyramid in question being projected, as the walls were all brown and earth like (almost like the walls of a dug out tunnel/room, although very tall in structure), with a very rough texture, I also remember smelling the earth and natural smells all around me. The only light in the room seemed to come naturally through the peak of the towered ceiling and from the holographic image being presented to me; it was an orangey hued light.

It was definitely a lesson under progress with this being, who was very tall, and they appeared in two ways to me throughout the dream, as I said the dream sequence kept repeating (maybe just to make sure I remembered it for once). They were dressed in a long brown hooded cloak, similar to a monk, fine but neutral cloaked robes, with other clothing I could not discern underneath.

Since this dream, I have constantly been accompanied by my hooded friend on my left side in many meditations and dreams...so...Pretty similar huh??? LOL Lots of Love

Hi Kelly,

I would like to take a quote from the book "The Message From the Sphinx," by Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval -which I want people to note was written in 1996 - my memories were from 1990 - on. Also note, Bauval is a construction engineer and Hancock a correspondent for the Economist.

.... By extension of such rhetoric, therefore, it could be said that the function of the Giza blueprint is to provide a virtually indestructible 'holographic' apparatus for the use of 'reincarnated' or 'reborn' entities of the Horian lineage in order to induce 'remembrance' of a 'divine' genetic origin in Egypt in the time-frame of 10,500BC.

The ultimate function, however appears to have been to perpetuate the 'immortality' of their souls into 'time' -- in short, the ultimate Gnostic experience entailing the release of the spiritual part of the living entity from its material, inert, part.

To put it in other terms, 'living' man is the result of a holographic union between matter and spirit. It would very much appear that the "Followers of Horus" understood the cosmic mechanism to somehow re-separate the two.

The golden wings of Horus Kelly! *S*S*S*S

No comments, I am just reading with awe at all that you write. Will be very curious though to read some of the findings you uncover in your research on Egypt!

------------------
It is good to have an end to journey towards, but in the end, all that matters is the journey.

Hi again

Here is the memory I will share

I did a meditation today on my right hand emanating extreme nerve pulsing and tingling. I went into the light and received several glimpses of Egypt and temples, other initiates etc.

Then I was standing outside in the sun light and yet I could feel the light within my own body. I stood facing the sun as it rose and I was told that the initiates would be scattered like the wind, but would someday be rejoined for the betterment of mankind.

Then I saw a ceremony which was more like a performance for the people. I knew it was an enactment for their benefit. A man lay in costume on a flat surface/coffin, his spirit was to soar with the Gods.

Someone called my name, Aphelia. It is not an Egyptian name, but then I am not from Egypt. I am from Babylon.

Suddenly I could feel pressure coming down on top of my crown chakra and I could feel the energy moving through out my body. I was told, "they are changing the DNA in your body.

Life's experiences weave a tapestry of knowledge

The concept of each of us having an "inward" name which "follows" or goes with us, rather, throughout time sounds extremely familiar to me. I think I read of a similar idea in *The Silmarillion* by Tolkein (that each spirit in the beginning had a different, ongoing, English-unpronouncable name), but when I read *that*, I thought I already knew it.
Now, the fact that we are, ultimately, One spirit leads to this question: At what point does a soul become separate? After all, I have "another self" off whom I/we holoprojected in the astral plane prior to this lifetime now. Do I share the same name with her? At what point would it become different?

I have been sitting here pondering this for a few minutes....I think our "inward" name might be similar to the case of the eyes. That is, at the beginning of holo-separation, the eyes/name would be the same, and would be extremely similar in the beginning, perhaps only minutely distinguishable. Over time, as our experiences/viewpoints are different, our eyes will alter from one another--and so will our inward, spiritual names.

In light,

DJ

Interesting discussion. Some thoughts:

A name is also a sound vibration. One day at a sound healing workshop we did an exercise in which we truly felt/heard into the vibration of our names. I believe that most of the time we merely think about our names, we don't truly feel into their inner vibration. Well, I have a very simple, very common name - Bob. For years I had felt it was lacking depth, lacking spirit and not really my true name - just an abbreviated form of the name my parents gave me.

Well, with this group, I started sounding and hearing and feeling and diving into the vibration of "Bob". Much to my surprise I found universes of meaning, layers of vibrational energies and a profound sense that Bob is the perfect name for me at this time. In fact, my legal name, Robert doesn't really vibrate well with me anymore.

The point of all this is that there is much more to our human names than just the letters we see on this computer screen. Each and every sound has a vibration. And what about the energies that are behind those vibrations? How deep could we possibly go in pursuit of the inner essence of our names? I've gone far deeper than I ever imagined, and I am sure that there is much more I could yet discover in my very short and simple name.

I've done enough spirit communication work over the years to know that what I do perceive in sound, thought, symbol, feeling, smell, image and inner knowing is merely the tip of the iceberg of what spirit has to communicate with we humans. There is always more that is yet beyond the scope of my perceptive abilities.

So, my sense about this topic is that we each have a unique vibration, a unique frequency, a unique essence. This uniqueness exists through all levels of our being - our physical self, our emotional self, our mental self and our spiritual self. And as we dive into the subtler realms of our being - our soul or our spiritual essence - these vibrations become ever subtler. Eventually these vibrations get so subtle that there really is no way to convey them through something as dense as human language. Hence we are told that our soul names are unpronounceable.

However, I do believe that it is possible to know or feel our soul names or our soul vibrations. For example, I have known for years that my late wife's name is no longer Puspa. I know that I don't have to call out her name or think her name to communicate with her. I communicate with her by radiating love from my heart. That is the vibration that she most easily resonates with and that brings her in to me.

And you know what - the same is true with anyone in spirit realm. When I start a mediumship session I remind my client to connect with their deceased loved one and/or with their spirit guide in their heart. That love vibration goes out and within seconds there is a response from that spirit being. I've seen this happen hundreds of times, so I know this is not coincidence. For me it is the easiest and quickest way for me to communicate with another soul. And the same process works when I want to communicate with the soul of a living person. I always start by opening my heart and attuning with the vibration of love and compassion.

So, remember that though our soul names may be unprounceable here on Earth, our soul's essence and our soul's vibration is knowable within our hearts.

Blessings,

Bob
------------------
Healing the Heart of Humanity, One Heart at a time

You're invited to my website -
http://www.youaredivine.com

Hi Folks,

A reflection on sounds,

I can relate to what you were saying about sound Bob. The singing of Angels round about the earth, and the singing of Angels round about the Central Sun can not be put into english or on a tape recorder. The sound of their singing is very powerful, deep and subtle! (like the feeling of something that is there, but just out of reach) I do feel that mankind can and does make various sub-harmonic vibratory connections with thier singing, and thus we are quickened spiritually. Amen and Om...

why

Hi All,

Well, I am still in Chicago and away but have a few minutes to add something here today.

I had an interesting view of the Hologram and a shifting of perception in a meditation I did while I was here regarding Egypt!

....... something interesting happened -- I saw several glimpses of hieroglyphics sculpted inward not outward. They seemed to shift and move from one form of language into another. It was elongated and looked kind of like Hebrew -- something like that but very elongated script!

This ancient writting was actively moving OUT from the hieroglyphs!

Then I was outside, it was 3500 BC and I was looking at the suns reflection as it shone on the outside of the Limestone surface of the Great Pyramid. There were heiroglyphs on the surface of the limestone and as the sun hit the images it too began to move and change form into the other script! Rapidly!

Today (two days later) I was going to the Museum and guess what I found? The script I saw was from the first dynasties...it was another form of their language -- just a different way to write it! I was so jazzed when I saw it people around me must have thought I was nuts! LOLOLOL

I got other glimpses ---Once I saw a small room -a woman with shear wrappings around her and her head leading me down to a tunnel or walk way into a room, it was used for storage and documents, many jars were there.

Once I felt a very nice vibration and a glowing light through out my body.
Then from many angles I began to see the black dog (much symbolism here but will have to tell later) He was laying down on a gold platform, I was reminded to think of Anubis "as my brother."

I asked during the end of my meditation "Why I was not able to find the LIGHT -- to remember fully this time?" Was it lack of focus or intentions? Or just being busy. Suddenly I was in the center of a rapidly moving tunnel that went on for what seemed like forever in both directions. In the tunnel and all around me where sections of the hologram that showed my life now - and in the near future..lecturing, working, w/children, doing what I do best. And more -- much more than what I have done. Suddenly my answer was extended to past lives, and I viewed many all at once like fractions of little movies. I saw a woman, my aunt in India in one, I couldn't reach her, my Feelings were of sorrow, that I died so soon, then I looked into another section, suddenly I was sucked into it! GADDDD Sirens going off, screaming fear, bombs...air raid! Emotional trauma! It was World War II in Italy! My last life.

I was in each of these scenes, but my SOUL stood in the center! My soul could experience all of this in the now! I am aware of the need to change/ heal my emotions, my feelings in the now in order to help ALL ASPECTS of myself today! PAST PRESENT and FUTURE!

Dear Deborah

I was flicking through an old astrological magazine I purchased about ten or so years ago the other day, and I come across this brief excerpt and thought you might find it interesting.

The Dogon are a West African tribe occupying the Bandiagara Plateau some 300 miles south of Timbuktu. their extraordinary religion centres on the belief that, thousands of years ago, extraterrestial beings called "Nommos" travelled from the Sirius star system, 8.7 light years away, to educate the tribe.

In the 1930's, two French anthropologists discovered that the 'primitive' Dogon had complex information about the Sirius system which Western astronomers had only recently discovered, using sophisticated telescopes and instruments.

They knew, for instance, that Sirius A, the brightest star in the sky, had a veery small, white companion star with a 50 year elliptical orbit. the companion star, Sirius B - 'Tola' to the Dogon - is totally invisible to the naked eye.

In the Dogon faith, Po tolo was the first star created by god, and is the source of all matter and all souls. they also claim that Sirius A has a second companion star, yet to be discovered by Western astronomers.

ooooh yeah, even more to post! 8)

So here's the thing about holograms - they split into exactly the same image to the last detail, right? But the thing about the universe is that it would be a *conscious* hologram? So it isn't like when you or I would experiment with a hologram and splitting it into 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 etc., because each is conscious and aware and regards itself and the others -is one with the others and also itself too. I'm just going off the top of my head here.

And here's what I'm trying to reach for - the holograms in their multiplicity and oneness - do they reflect back and forth to each other understandings and aspects, like what I was trying to describe with metaphors? Is it that they show each other their surprising likenesses?

night all. At least, I *think* I am done talking
Szo

Hi Szo you busy little bee

Don't worry...Joan Grants book's are SOOOO on my books to get list...I just have to find the time and money to purchase them, which hopefully should be soon .

I loved your comparisons on Re-Keph and the present you...and not surprisingly, some of the traits you pulled out of yourself, rang very true with stages I have found myself at, I can so become a routine person at times, and making that change can feel like the biggest stress imaginable, but when you take the plunge, the rewards are always there to compensate along with your gut feelings. I'm slowly learning to assert and motivate myself a lot more, I always had the problem before of putting myself underneath others, and it is definitely past life related (and coined to a few lifes as far as I can gather so far), because in this life, I have had a loving and supporting family, a wonderful and fulfilling childhood, full of completely happy memories, and I've always excelled in my studies, career, or anything I've thrown myself into - but still the element of self doubt remains hidden somewhere and most of these achievements and gifts beforehand I had completely overlooked....thank god for questioning and curious minds...LOL...otherwise I might never have recognised anything

As for metaphors....god some of them are so deep....LOL...but that makes them all the more fun to work out and tune into....and as for whether it matters as to whether or not what your mind presents is real or not??? I personally think it doesn't matter in the slightest, if any memory fictious or otherwise, works to bring about a healing, or good, or positive change, then the reality of it in our current perception is irrelevant, the message still remains the same.

Oooohhhh, this thread is turning out to be real FUN!!! So glad you bought up Egypt again Szo
Lots of Love

Hello, All!

During my last regression, I was in an ancient Mediterranean civilization, but the exact country was unclear. I think it was Egypt, but it very well could have also been Mesopotamia, Persia, Syria, etc.

Anyway, the gist of my going there was to discover some more karma between my ex and me. It seems I was an officer of the army, and she was my boss's wife. The boss had her put to death for adultery, and (ironically enough) I was the one ordered to lead her to prison. However, what the boss didn't know (or so I thought) was that I was the very guy having sex with his wife. She went to her death without ratting me out, and I carried that guilt with me, even into this life.

Another possibility is that the "boss-man" did indeed know about me all along, and felt the fitting punishment for me was simply to let me live and carry the responsibility for her death, which is exactly what happened. If that ain't karma, then what is?!?

Whew!

This is just too much! I just got this in email from a friend and it was so relevant to that whole idea of alchemy and shining and zen and all that. I think this excerpt looks like fair use and I included the author/title snip at bottom - looks like a good book!:

Unlearning Back to God (Goddess for Lori)
-*-
The coming to consciousness is not a discovery of some new thing; it is a long and painful return to that which has always been. -- Helen Luke

-*- Each person is born with an unencumbered spot--free of expectation and regret, free of ambition and embarrassment, free of fear and worry--an umbilical spot of grace where we were each first touched by God. It is this spot of grace that issues peace. Psychologists call this spot the Psyche, Theologians call it the Soul, Jung calls it the Seat of the Unconscious, Hindu masters call it Atman, Buddhists call it Dharma, Rilke calls it Inwardness, Sufis call it Qalb, and Jesus calls it the Center of our Love.
To know this spot of Inwardness is to know who we are, not by surface markers of identity, not by where we work or what we wear or how we like to be addressed, but by feeling our place in relation to the Infinite and by inhabiting it. This is a hard lifelong taste, for the nature of becoming is a constant filming over of where we begin, while the nature of being is a constant erosion of what is not essential. Each of us lives in the midst of this ongoing tension, growing tarnished or covered over, only to be worn back to that incorruptible spot of grace at out core.

When the film is worn through, we have moments of enlightenment, moment of wholeness, moments of satori, as the Zen sages term it, moments of clear living when inner meets outer, moments of full integrity of being, moments of complete Oneness. And whether the film is a veil of culture, of memory, of mental or religious training, of trauma or sophistication, the removal of that film and the restoration of that timeless spot of grace is the goal of all therapy and education.
Regardless of subject matter, this is the only thing worth teaching: how to uncover that original center and how to live there once it is restored. We call the filming over a deadening of heart, and the process of return,whether brought about through suffering or love, is how we unlearn our way back to God (Goddess).

*Close your eyes and breathe your way beneath your troubles,the way a diver slips to that depth of stillness that is always
waiting beneath the churning of the waves.
*Now, consider two things you love doing, such as running, drawing, singing, bird-watching, gardening, or reading. Meditate on what it is in each of these that makes you feel alive.
*Hold what they have in common before you, and breathe slowly, feel the spot of grace these dear things mirror within you.

-*-
The Book Of Awakening
by ©Mark Nepo

Hi Deborah,

I came over and saw this topic thread, as you suggested. Very interesting posts! All I know for sure right now is what the psychic saw during my reading, and she added that I went through alot of turmoil in the Hicksos period, the time when the Arabian-Semite tribe introduced horses into Egypt during war.

Once when I closed my eyes to go to sleep at night, I saw a stone tablet with hyrodglyphics written on it. It was so real I could have reached out and taken hold of it, but I couldn't have read it right then and there. Perhaps if I had been deeply under hypnosis.

Best regards,
Dorie

any ancient Egypt past lives?

I'm pretty sure I was in ancient egypt in a past life, because of this stone-type house in the desert I've dreamed about several times in my life. the most recent dream was a few days ago where in the dream I was asking my dad if I could go back to our old house, then he was looking at me like I was nuts since I've never moved in this lifetime but in the dream I always know my way around the villiage and everything is where it should be and I know whats going to be in every corner and where things are in the marketplace and stuff. Anyhow, yesterday I was at my grandmothers, just thinking about something totally unrelated when weird words in foriegn langauges started popping in my head. Some I knew were spanish like mesa and basin, then this really strange word that was merysekhmet popped into my head, I had never heard the word before in my life I was just like 'where the heck did that come from?' then for some reason I thought it sounded Egyptian or from that side of the world. When I got home I got on the internet and looked up ancient egyptian words. On this one site I found where it had ancient egyptian names I clicked on womens names then the name Merysekhmet was listed. I notice that whenever I want to remember something it never comes, but when I'm thinking abut something else, doing something else or sometimes dreaming then I see breif bits of pieces of things, but aren't really enough to get any real information out of. I have figured out that one of my classmates from high school was one of my nieghbors from a past life that was way back.

I too was an ancient egyptian.. I am still unclear on what I was, but I believe I was a priest. I have moles in exact triangle shapes all over my arms, so I may have had something to do with the pyramids. I have a strong connection to Horus and the eye of Horus. Also Isis. Anyone know any way to go back? I have not tried meditation, but that is a good idea. What do you do? jsut think about egypt and it should come back? that's how I usually discover my lives.

Back