• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Angels protecting us , perchance ?

This issue nags at me. Throughout my life, I have been beset with being gay. Now I live my life as any other person . does because of the more favorable social climate. I am happy and healthy. But growing up in the 50s and 60s was a different story. My life like many of the others was lived in constant fear. Several times I was attacked but I am strong enough to defend myself. There were certain instances that called for angelic help if I were to survive. And I could usually feel that someone in another realm was keeping an eye out. Does anyone else ever sense a protecting force in their lives?

I see a sort of consensus that something protects us among most spiritually inclined individuals. There are many ways the concept is framed: ancestors, angels, guides, higher self, gods, God, nature, the fae, animal spirits, and (in the modern era) aliens.

I've personally experienced multiple "beyond coincidence" situations that brought me to this point in my life. At this point there's no question in my mind that I'll encounter more.

Life is beautiful and mysterious, even when it is most painful and frustratingly cyclical. I create my life path for myself by how I choose to live. I am guided and protected in unimaginable ways. Basically, it's the paradoxes that make life most interesting.

I believe that there are other beings that protect us during the course of our lives. In my case there have been a few instances where i felt unhappy with my life about feeling out of place among other things and have sensed an unseen force giving me more positive energy which helped me a lot and lifted me out of depression :).

I concur with the two previous messages. As stated elsewhere, I heard (what I called) my Guide OUTSIDE of my body warn me of a coming, dangerous, vehicle incident. So, to me, it is beyond imagination.

Yes. I feel that angels/spirit have/has intervened for me(and others with me) on a couple, if not more occasions. I remember being depressed as a young teen, once. I was considering jumping off a third-floor balcony. I don't think I was standing on the ledge, but a nun (it was at a Catholic school dorm) found me and talked to me. The timing was significant. Another time, I had a tire blow-out on the freeway, and I was driving a group of high school students to a convention. The car spun six or seven times across lanes and we ended up miraculously stopped on the shoulder pointing the right way, with no injuries, or any other cars involved. It was surreal, and felt like I had no control, but 'someone' took control.

Back