Average PL Joe? Please check in:

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by lagrima, May 3, 2005.

?

Average PL Joe? Please check in:

1. I was so famous your (great)x? grandmother would've known me

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. I was an average person who died in a well-known tragedy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I was a famous person who died in a famous tragedy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I was an average person who led a normal life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I wanted to be famous in my past life but never made it. Maybe this time around?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hippy16

Hippy16 Senior Registered

well i dont think many people were famouse people in past lives. i mean ok look at 1900 all the regular joes, all over the world, millions, billions, and how many famous people were there through out the history of the world. i often think famouse/well known people today may have been the well known people in the past. but who knows.

in my past life during the early part of the 20th century, i was just a common person, nothing special at all.

during my life during the 60s i was a hippy, if that counts as special? but whats weird is fashions come back every 20 years or so, remember bell bottoms coming back? i thought maybe that was becuase all the teenagers/young adults who may have died in the late 60s - 70s were coming of age again and carried over their fashions? and it just cuaght on with everyone. also could explain the hippy movement that reoccured during the late 80s.

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I would like to see the members with "famous" life times voting in this thread. Not posting about their PL but voting so we can see the ratio's. It would make an interesting study. ;)

3. Veronika

Veronika Senior Registered

Hi Deborah!
    I think that the title of the poll might make people with past life memories of being famous getting less likely to check in on the tread. 0% percent on the famous sounds definately too low, considering that many people here have that kind of memories. Maybe there should be a question about having more than one famous life too?

Lagrima, I didn't mean to critisise you, I just thought that if the poll should become more like a study as Deborah suggests, the title is a problem. Otherwise it's fine. :)

Veronica

4. MaryLennox84

MaryLennox84 Senior Registered

I remember three past lives but I was not famous in any of them.

The past life I remember the most was dying at Auschwitz at at 13 as a French Jew. That one's had the most affect on me...clearly!

the other two I remember were living as a child in a poor town in Ireland, but I have no idea who I was, where we were...I just remember living in some sort of village by the sea with really green hills, large roaring sea and a big family. :)

I also remember living in New York Society at the turn of last century/Victorian/Edwardian period. I wasn't famous although possibly talked about akin to lesser known socialites who make it in the newspaper.

5. katrien

katrien Senior Registered

my memory is of being a completely ordinary 18 year old male who played soccer and hung posters of girls on his wall and lived in a horrible part of town in a cramped apartment with his parents and younger sister in the 1970's and committed sucide by jumping out of his bedroom window.

6. paula

paula New Member

I was a farmer.I was in the Civil Civil war. I wasn't famous, but I was a good military stratigest. Even in this life I'm a good stratgest.It helped me move up in ranks. I do remember I was in a mounted regiment. I think I may have been a friend of Lo Armistead who was a famous Gen with Pickett's charge up the Little Round Top @ Gettysburg. I have a tremendous intrest in this man for no known reason. My heart even aches for him, because of his death from wounds he recieved at Gettysburg. Paula

7. JollityFarm

JollityFarm Senior Registered

I'm quite new to this, and have never been regressed (I have wanted it for years, but wouldn't know where to start), but I don't think I was any kind of household name or necessarily anyone you'd find in the history books. But I'm wondering if I was a shaman or mystic of some kind, probably in pre-Christian Britain (maybe Wales rather than England). I think you'd have to be pretty fabulous to have been one of those, even if "fame" back then was not what we think of as "fame" today. But I have an image of being watched by people in a wood or forest, and a sense of drums, and I get the impression of having once been someone that knew things and sorted things out. It's hardly royalty or actors or anything like that, but even so.

My other lives, I suspect, have all been astoundingly ordinary. If I really did have a life in Ancient Greece, it was probably as dull as ditchwater, since all the images I have from there are just "stuff". I also think I may have done some utterly boring things in some Germanic place at some point (a city life, I think). The most dramatic thing I've done, besides the mysticism, is fighting in WW1, but I don't even think I was any especially high rank in the army. Oh, and I was into partying quite heavily after that, and I think I would have been annoyed at being thought of as "normal" in that life, because I wanted to be incredible and admired. I wasn't, rather the opposite in some quarters. I think that life, probably my last one before this, wasn't terribly happy and in fact quite abnormally traumatic at points, for so many reasons. I really think I need to find out more about this, because I think this life holds the key to so much of me as I am now.

8. McDebra

McDebra New Member

I have had many lives, but I do not feel I was famous in any of them. I don't yearn to be famous. I hope to be happy and loved.

9. Ohiomommy

Ohiomommy New Member

I am a Certified Genealogist and have been for only two years but I can tell you, about 60% of Americans are decended from royalty and many of us have famous relatives so it is not that strange. Also, the population has grown so much AND it depends on what you call famous also. I am a direct decendant of the Younger Brothers who rode w/Jesse James. My family has relics of their lives and is proud of them but where they "famous" probably not. I am also a decendant through my great grandmother Della DeMoss of the DeMoss Noble French line and through my father's side, the King of Wales and a few princes after him. Now, today no one knows who they are but in their day, they were quite famous. However, I am very skeptical of people claiming they were Cleopatra or Queen Elizabeth and so forth because the likelyhood is phenominal (there are so many also!) Most of us were ordinary people. I personally have no idea who I was and am fine with never knowing.

10. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

I can remember bits n pieces of a lot of different PLs. I haven't been famous in any of them. :laugh:

11. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

I've had one brush with fame but you probably won't find me in the history books. I was a member of the ruling class in France during the late 1700's. I was born into a priviledged life. I was not a member of the royal family but I knew Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.

(I see there was someone on the forum who said they were Marie Antoinette, but they haven't been active in a long time. I would have liked to talk to them. :( )

For the record, Marie Antoinette was not the villainess that she's been perceived to be. I remember being asked my opinion on France's involvement in the American Revolution. It was a nice life until the French Revolution broke out. I was captured by an angry mob and eventually sent to the guillotine. That is the only life I remember being wealthy.

12. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

Personally as for myself, I was mainly just an average person who led an average life in the culture that I lived in. But one of my past lives of where I was a normal person who went to Alaska in the Goldrush but afterwards died in the fires resulting from the earthquake in San Francisco in 1906.

13. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

Of the few possible past lives that have come to mind, all have involved fairly common lives, and all, save one, have been within the past two hundred years. All have been male. Three have been in some form of American or Canadian military during known battles, and all have involved personal trauma and issues that somehow relate to my present life. Only two of these lives involved information that I should not have known. However, I still cannot objectively be certain that any of these are real past lives.

There is a curious focus surrounding these possible memories that have nothing to do with being famous or recognized. This focus could be due solely to issues that arose strictly from this present life. Then again, all of these past lives could be dealing with specific long-term karmic issues.

Theoretically, the above observation may fit the vast majority of everyone's possible memories; while a certain percentage could, in fact, have been famous, well-known or even verifiable cases.

14. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

The only past life that I can remember that is from a historically documented period was a brief spell as a sailor in the Napoleonic Wars. Apart from that, the rest have been what I would consider 'average' lives - a peasant in south America in the 1940's and 50's, a child/teen in an aristocratic family in the late 1800's, a medieval person, and a few other possibilities that I have very little information to go on, so I voted with the majority :D

15. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Anyone care to share your ---average Joe PL?

The poll is indicative of the ratios on this forum, even if you don't post them...please vote.

16. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I consider myself more average joe than anything else as I apparently incarnate quite frequently. I did have a prior life in which I was the son of a prominent family who died young and made the New York Times society and obit pages, then was quickly born back into the same family a generation later, only to die an even earlier death...once again making the papers.

I have died in almost every war I've been involved in and tend toward studious/academic lives in those without wars. I am usually a man, but have some interesting memories of being a colonial american prostitute and an egyptian woman of some standing. With one marked exception, power and money have never been the focus in my lives, despite a level of priviledge existing in many.

I do have some very interesting memories focused around a famous statesman but I have yet to do the work necessary to find my actual connection to him.

To me the ability to see the details of a previous existence from the first person is amazingly tantalizing. The bits and pieces I've cobbled together have enriched my sense of history and only whet my appetite for more. I understand that the roles I have played were chosen not due to their noteworthyness, but rather for the events I would experience in them. I am now working with the portions I was initially shown in order to find the meaning and significance they have for my current lifetime and the matters I am dealing with right now.

17. NovStasik

NovStasik New Member

I have never been someone even remotely close to being famous. In fact, my most recent (I think) life in the 1940s was so not-famous, there probably exists no official record of my military service. Which is not good when I'm looking for confirmations.

I was also probably never close to anyone famous, although I think I may have been under the command of Marshal Georgy Zhukov in the 40s. Maybe I even met him. But I definitely idolized him. No matter how many bad strategies he put into action, I still can't speak badly of the guy. :confused:

18. tltfaas

tltfaas New Member

My Average Joe Life With Marie Antoinette

I had a very ordinary life as a lowly servant at Versailles. I was one of many who cleaned the stairs everyday because people used them as toilets hard as that is to imagine. I saw Marie Antoinette several times and was enthralled by her. She was charming, kind child. Not at all what people think of her now.

19. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

I may not have been entirely truthful, but the one potential famous incarnation is very suspect, so I dismiss it even as it haunts me.

I do, however, have recollections of being very very wealthy. tltfaas, if we ever crossed paths at Versailles, thanks for handling the stairs. (I don't know if was ever at Versailles, but just in case, thanks!) I don't know how much fame came along with all that wealth, but strolling through the immaculately tended gardens was an absolute delight. Just in case anybody here worked for me, even back then I appreciated your hard work. I remember that much, a genuine appreciation for those whose jobs made mine look good. I still do that, too. When people work under me, I try to not let them feel that they work under me, but with me.

I think I was a singer sometime in the very early 1900s, like 1900 or so. Never got famous, but if anybody recognizes "Missouri Star", let me know. I think it was my stage name. I know there's a quilting shop by that name, but I knew this name long before I ever heard of the quilting place.

Other than Cullough, who was determined to make his name known far and wide but wound up played for a fool and left to freeze to death, my lives have been pleasantly anonymous.

20. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

tltfaas, it is likely that I climbed the steps that you cleaned. I did not live at Versailles, but I was a visitor and friend to the king and queen. It makes me smile to see you say that the Marie you remember was charming and kind. This is the Marie that I remember as well, not the wicked queen she is portrayed as in history.