Can anyone identify with this? (life planning)

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jadeswan, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Jadeswan

Jadeswan New Member

I have been thinking a lot about how we plan our lives before we're born. I have the feeling I really enjoy that planning stage and I like to get really detailed. All through my life whenever something bad happened to me I felt a need to search for the lesson in it, not just to learn it but to know what it was. When I felt I knew the reason I always had a feeling of how much it made sense and what a logical way it was for me to learn that lesson. I think I was recognizing how those things fit into my life plan.

On the other hand, I feel that maybe I didn't take as much time as I should have to review my last lives and learn from them and resolve them, before I moved on to planning the next life. I wonder if that is why I seem to be carrying baggage from so many lives before this one. I just keep uncovering new memories and new issues. There seems to be so much unresolved and I wonder if I just rushed on after each of those lives into planning the next new one. I could easily imagine myself doing that sort of thing. I'm really trying hard to slow down, to really deal with the issues and not get impatient about the whole process.

Can anyone identify with this? Or if anyone has any insight to offer about it I would appreciate that as well.

2. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

Hi Jadeswan, I don't think you're alone in this respect at all. I've heard someone say once that most people are living their life in a state of quiet desperation. They march through life putting on their gameface and fufilling their obligations. But the 'desperation' they feel (whatever the source may be), how much of that is rooted in unresolved issues from past lives that is out of their conscious awareness? They're frustrated and they're not sure why. It may be that the fact that you're here and you are working out these issues puts you ahead of the pack, as far as most of those who are currently incarnate. Those of us who remember past lives or are driven to try to remember, I have no idea why. But if it helps us to put things into perspective and to heal old wounds, for that I am grateful.

I did have a quick turnaround between this life and my last one. I wouldn't be at all suprised if maybe I took some shortcuts in an effort to get back here. That sounds like something I would do. I've already given thought to my next life and what I would like to experience. It looks like I'm well on my way to jumping into my next life quickly as well. :rolleyes: I certainly know what it's like to feel that impatience. I wanted to be able to play "Freebird" the first time I picked up a guitar, but it doesn't work that way. It takes time to hone your skills. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to have to get everything worked out and all the puzzles solved all at once. We've all been working on it for a long, long time. And we have all the time and all the lives that we need.

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

The difficulty we have with self-criticism is that we are most often too close to ourselves to observe ourselves accurately. It's like trying to proofread one's own manuscript. We will not always be able to identify our own mistakes, because we didn't spot them while writing. The answer is often to hire a professional proofreader, who can objectively read and identify mistakes each time, for each of three aspects. That is, to read it once for content, then again for punctuation, then again for spelling. The same applies to the chapters we record about our lives.

We know that we want to catch anything before it becomes "published" in the akashic record. But how? Being aware that we each have a purpose is one sure step in that direction. We tend to make the same mistakes we made in a past life, because we have a difficult time observing our actions objectively. And, if we repeat those mistakes for more than two lives, it becomes a strong part of ourselves; and we have a difficult time climbing out of the deep track we create with each cycle. So, when we say, "That's just the way I am!", we are only rationalizing excuses for our habits. The objective is not to be the way we are.

As far as planning for the next life, I am reminded of a philosophy class in which we were all asked what we would want for ourselves, if given a new chance at life. Fame, fortune, power, honor, beauty, security, excitement, knowledge, wisdom -- all of these each have their drawbacks. And, no matter what we choose, or how well we plan, the frustration is that we will be left in that situation without a memory of why we are there. Hopefully, we will have been successful enough in this life to have some idea of what we're up against.

4. Jadeswan

Jadeswan New Member

Thank you both for your replies.

Truthseeker, I believe you are right that many people go around with unresolved past life issues. That would explain so many things. I have to admit even in as short a time as I have believed in reincarnation I have had thoughts about my next life and where and what it might be. :rolleyes: I suppose one thing that has made me wonder if I rushed is I read that one hundred years is a normal time between past lives. (I am, however, a little suspicious of anything too formulaic considering how different each soul is from another.) Most of the lives I remember have a space of only a few years between. There was a space of only five years between my last life and this one so it just makes me wonder if I got in a hurry. Although if time doesn't matter on the other side perhaps the space in between is really no indicator. By the way, thank you for the reminder that I don't have to solve everything at once. When I first began to accept the idea of reincarnation one of the best and most freeing things about it for me was the concept that we don't have to do everything right the first time or fail forever. I need to keep remembering that.

Nightrain, that is a good point that it's hard to be objective about ourselves. I wonder what the life equivalent of a proofreader would be. :) Perhaps we can gain insight to a certain extent from those close to us but they still see us through their own subjective lens. Yes, all the "good" things in life each have their drawbacks. If that weren't true I suppose there wouldn't be as many lessons to learn from them.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

For lack of a life-reading proofreader, we are often left to depend upon ourselves after a period of time in which we have gained new insights. With time, we are often, in essence, a slightly different person, and we can read our old notes with more objectivity.

6. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I too have had many fast returns, dying in 1905 and reborn in 1909, dying in 1919 and reborn in 1923, dying in 1943 and reborn in 1960. While some books discuss a seemingly regulated afterlife progression, I think that free will would enable one to take advantage of opportunties to incarnate when they arise...and I don't get the feeling that lack of planning is what sends some lives awry, but rather free will enables us to make the choices we do, often despite our guidance screaming at us to go another way and to follow our plan. We think we function alone, all the while we are surrounded by those who will assist us any time and in any way they can...we just have to try to hear it.

I have also had vignettes of watching my soul group and guidance plan the next lifetime and the roles we would play together and quite interestingly, the clues or "tells" we would use to help us find each other...kind of like programming ourselves for recognition. One clue that got a whole lot of laughter from my guidance was that my first true love in this incarnation would be one of my primary soulmates incarnating as a petite woman with short, dark hair...as a young adult I was an absolute nut for every petite, short dark haired woman I saw...and couldn't figure out why. A woman with those features attracted me like a magnet and if I got even a polite response I became a relentlessly ardent suitor...not so much obnoxious, but certainly diligent and pretty sappy...well, maybe a little obnoxious. It became obvious fairly quickly that I had to apply some discretion in finding the petite, short dark haired woman who would reciprocate my ardour. Talk about following instructions to the tee, despite the embarrassment!

I have since, with the help of guidance, turned off my petite, short dark haired programming, but just over the weekend I passed a woman who fit the criteria and I got a light knock on my head and a shout of laughter in my ear from guidance!

7. Jadeswan

Jadeswan New Member

Nightrain, that makes sense. I suppose I'll have to wait awhile to do some proofreading. :)

Usetawuz, I'm glad I'm not the only one to hop in and out a lot. Thank you for sharing your story about the clue of a petite, dark haired woman. That is an adorable story. This is more of a clue from a past life then a clue intended for this one but I have always been attracted to the name John and its variations. It turns out my husband in this life was once named Sean, but went by John sometimes, in a past life where we were married. In another past life where we were lovers, he was named Jean-Pierre. Lately I switch back and forth between his present name and the names I used to call him. Fortunately, he doesn't seem to mind. :D