Children who see Inner Light

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Aug 27, 1999.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I have posted a similar question about a year ago, but since there are so many new members on the forum I thought I would post it again.

Through out history, from ancient times to the present, LIGHT has been an elusive a fascinating subject. Religion, science, mythology, literature and painting all struggle to understand and to identify the connection between the outer light of nature and the inner light of the human spirit.

My own children speak of the LIGHT within their third eye region. My son has seen balls of light that move very fast and so has my nephew. When doing meditations and PL regressions, I go in to the "light" as well.

My question is - does anyone out there have children who "see" light. Balls of light that move very fast? Light seen within the third eye region (with their eyes closed)? Do they even maybe.... see auras?

There is a method to my madness Carol :) I see a connection and I am hoping that others will post their children's experiences. If so, I'll bring it together.

2. Steve

Steve Grand Poobah Staff Member Super Moderator

Our daughter Sarah, on a few occasions when she was about five or six years old, saw smalls balls or points of light floating around in her bedroom. This wasn't a dream, but some kind of vision. She has had other visions from time to time. When she was running track competitively, she would draw on visions to help her win.

The visions of light remained a mystery, and haven't reoccurred (as far as I know). Sarah is now a student at Amherst College and preoccupied with the intellectual mode there; the weird interests of her parents are not her favorite topic.

3. davev

davev Guest

The sparkles of light ... I used to get them as a kid and so did my sister. A visual effect from migraine headaches. It was quite a light show at times, pin wheels of light, big glowing things.

4. Deborah

Hello,

I think I will open the conversation under the Adult part of the forum and see what becomes of it there :)

5. Deborah

Hi Steve and Carol,

Well, an interesting event has happened that I think is worth noting here on the board.

Carol, in your book you bring up what you call "triggers." In that chapter you stated that you were seeing a pattern, "a cause and effect relationship between mother's and children....." The intuition -- the connection between mother and child that you noted rarely gets written about, but is readily acknowledged by mothers.

I posted the topic about LIGHT on your board few weeks ago, and then a few days ago posted it again under the adult forum. As I stated in my earlier post my son Daniel has seen "balls of light" before -- but it has been years. He was seven at the last "sighting," he is now fourteen.

Last night, I was laying in my bed, Daniel was in my room, turned the corner to go down the hall -- bolted back to me jumped on my bed hid under the pillow and was actually kind of panic stricken. He said..."Make it go away mom -I saw it last night too - Make it go away...."

I asked him what -- he said, "the LIGHT the ball of light in the hall."

Well, I just sat there stunned. Not a word of this had I spoken to Daniel or in front of Daniel. As far as he's concerned MOM plays on the computer, but he doesn't know what I do or why.

Could it be that just bringing up a topic in my consciousness, one that I am familiar with, and thinking about -- actually bring about the possibility that after seven years he would again experience "the ball of light?" He was very serious.

Makes me wonder how much just "thinking" about something affects our children.

6. Carol

Carol Guest

Deborah,
    I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to respond to your post--but I did think it was interesting that your son brought up the light again, soon after you had posed the question. I know that these kinds of things happen all of the time between parents and kids. In fact, I saw a new book by Cassandra Eason, a British writer, in Borders the other day about mother-child telepathy. I skimmed through it, and don't remember the title.

Anyway, I don't know what the balls of light are, they could be anything. I'm just amazed at how once, again, mothers are tuned into to their children and may be the key to help in their healing. Please let us know if you get any insights into what these troubling visions are.

P.S. Thanks so much for all of your insightful comments on the forum, and for staying on top of things. I am so busy with other stuff, that I usually just read the posts.
    Carol

7. Cassandra Eason's book is titled "Mother Love" in the original UK edition and in the STates it is titled "The Mother Link". She generously sent an article with excerpted stories from the book to my website, Light Hearts, which is at www.light-hearts.com -- click on the Articles link in the Pre-Birth Communication section and it's one of the "Guest Articles", here is an attempt at a clickable link! http://www.light-hearts.com/articl16.htm

[This message has been edited by Elisabeth Hallett (edited 09-15-99).]

8. Deborah

Hi Carol,

Thank you so much for the referral -- "Mother Love" I will definitely pick it up.

I enjoy the forum and appreciate the format as well as the focus of the people who post here. They stay on topic and have posted some very interesting experiences. The teacher in me cannot help but "stay on top of things". {{{grin}}}}

I imagine you are very busy with your new book -- and speaking for everyone here may I say -- "we wish you the best of luck with it and cannot wait to see it" :)

On another note - I don't see the visions of LIGHT as troubling -- in fact the opposite. Daniel is a very sensitive and intuitive child, and I think one of my soul agreements with him is to help him understand what he experiences. Human history has "tabooed" such experiences for centuries and his soul still feels that. We're working on it :)

Thanks Elisabeth for the specific's ;)

9. davev

davev Guest

You may not see the visions of light as troubling, but others may, right or wrong. I vividly remember the trouble I got into when I tried to describe to a school nurse the symptoms of a very severe migraine headache when I was about eight. I tried to describe the visual phenomena and numbness on one side of the body, severe symptoms for a migraine but not unusual. Before I knew it my parents were being told that I was severely schitzophrenic, etc. It was a big mess. Fortunately the doctor the district ordered me to go to was actually pretty good and managed to correctly diagnose from a child's halting descriptions. But it was still a mess.

10. Mylene

Mylene Guest

Hi every one! It is me again.
    Deborah what you are mentioning about light is also something familiar in my family.
    My son, Daniel is now 13. When he was about 7 we discovered that he could see auras. For several years he could discribe the auras at will. He would tell the different colors that surrounded the body at a certain distance. We had to stand about 2 meters away from him. He would close his eyes than open them and tell us what he could see. The different colors in the aura would blend into each other. For example one day I could have a patch of yellow going from the left shoulder to the top of the head. The right side of the head could be red and there would blue in a different area etc..
    His descriptions would be different from one person to the other. The same person could keep a similar aura for a while or get a different combinaition of colors the next day. I tried to see if there was a connection with my state of mind and the aura. But I could not ask Daniel too often as he did not like to be ask. Yet one day he told me about one of his teacher in school who had become very angry. His aura was all red.
    About 18 months ago he came to me and said he could no longer see the auras.
    Yet he can still describe how auras looked like to him.
    My daughter has always felt auras very strongly. When she was in kindergarden this was a problem as some other children aura vibrations disturbed her. Over the years she has learned to categorise the sensations she receives. Some auras feel very soft like a breeze, others feel like needles, some feel very thick and healthy others very weak and thin etc...
    She is no longer disturbed by the auras of people around her. She says she has learned to control the feeling.
    Another thing that she experiences is what she describes as particules of energy in the air. Those white spots are everywhere and when she is tied she found it is harder to ignore them. If she places her attention on the white particles of energy she can see they movements. One day in her room she was telling me how there was a movement in the particules, they were moving in one direction like pushed by a wind. Certain areas in the room had a larger concentration of white spots, some other areas had less.

I have often seen very young children traveling in the same lift as me, starring at me intently. I believe they were looking at my aura. Sometimes I have been tempted to ask: "What do you see?"
    I hope these information will be interesting to you. I believe that if we included the reality of auras in our reasoning we might be able to better interpret and understand some of our children reactions and behaviours. In term of communication we already talk about body language and how it can give signals than contradict words and tone of voice. I believe some children have another source of information and integrate that information in their response to people and situation. The teacher I mention earlier would have had a hard time convincing my son he was not angry. Yet, the anger was not directed to my son. I am just wondering... what is the color of parents when they come home after a difficult day and meet with they children? Could this add another source of miss-communication?
    Please over look my spelling mistakes. I hope I have been clear enough.
    I am glad that I can use this forum to formulate these ideas. Please give me your point of view.
    Mylene

11. Deborah

Hi Mylene,

Thank you so much for sharing! Your observations regarding your children are fascinating.

My son's name is Daniel too, it's a special name :) He has also spoken of auras...it is interesting to me that children today are so "tuned" into energy and vibrations, that they remember and voice other life times and are so intuitive regarding others. There is an interesting book out called "The Indigo Children" which acknowledges this decades special children. Believe it or not, they actually use the term -- our next evolution -consciousness.

I continue to be fascinated by LIGHT - light that is of a divine nature, not the physical light we see with our eyes, but the spiritual light that is within us, that IS us. Auras are part of that phenomenon. Ancient religions spoke often of the Light, now it's our children.

I am particularly interested in what your daughter describes, since I have noticed the same phenomenon, and never brought it up to anyone. You stated that she notices tiny light dots when she is "tired." I translate that into an altered state of consciousness. For me, they move very fast in circular motions, and it feels like looking into another dimension. Thanks for bringing it up -- another fascinating observation.

I too feel that children can see my aura, and sometimes read my mind, especially when they are very young. You can tell by the way they are looking at you, it's in their eyes and it goes beyond words. You asked if what children "see" could be a "miscommunication" between them and their parents. I think the children perceive things just fine - it's the adults that need to tune in ;)

Do your children speak of seeing light when they are in a dark room or have their eyes closed? Just curious.

12. Rob

Rob A Very Cool Member!

When I was a small boy, under the age of four or five, I saw light around people all the time (day and night). Sometimes it would be red, blue, transluscent --glowing--.In fact, being a child, I thought that everyone else could see the same thing.

My mother discovered my ability when I was four. She had walked into my room at night and I suddenly bolted to a sitting position when I saw her. She appologized for frightening me. I told her that I had "just saw her light and it scared me." She was confused at first. When I explained to her what I meant, it was then that I realized she didn't see the same thing.

The ability disappeared completely shortly after my fifth birthday. It's never come back. I sometimes wonder if there are children out there who experience the same thing, but never talk about it. Like me, they probably thought it was normal.

13. Deborah

Hello Rob!

I think you hit the nail on the head - Children think it is normal, so of course they don't ask about it. We assume they see what we see, and never ask.

Sometimes I notice when a child looks at me, that they are viewing the aura field around me first, then they look into my eyes. I also notice that if I connect back with them in the heart center, I can hear their thoughts and feel their joy. There is nothing quite like the innocence of a child.

Thank you so much for sharing - I hope others will also share.

Deborah

14. Irene

Irene New Member

Hi there,

I just found Carol's book and decided to see if she had a website! This is wonderful this forum you have. Anyway I'd like to share our story.

I went away for a 3 day weekend to visit a girlfriend that was moving out of town. She's also a metaphysical practitioner running her own school. Anyway that nite the room that I was to sleep in is known as the "Healing Room". She handed me a small quartz crystal and told me to meditate with it and see what I get. Well I tried to meditate but for some reason I didn't get anything. I decided to open my eyes and about 3 foot above me from where I was laying was this ball of light. It was neon green in color and about 3 inches in diameter. I'm sure I was laying there thinking about my children at the time. Anyway I'd close my eyes then open them again and sure enough there's the ball of light again. I mentioned the ball the next morning but my friend didn't have any answers for me. Now here's the kicker. I return home and I'm talking to my girlfriend on the phone telling her about this ball of light when my 5yo daughter Kelly at the time says mommy I see a ball of light at nite too. I quickly hung the phone up and started asking her what she saw. Come to find out she saw the same exact thing that I saw and it happened the same nite that I saw my ball of light. When I asked her how she felt, if she was afraid or not she said that she wasn't, and when I asked her what she did when she saw it she said "I smacked it". I said what happend? she said my hand just went through it. We laughed about it, I didn't want her feeling afraid of the phenomenon as I knew it was me connecting with her and she was connecting with me. As far as the sparkles of light go...... I see the sparkles all the time moreso particularly in the shower. Probably because we have white tile in there. I attribute them to seeing the particles of air , molecules so to speak sometimes they just hang there or zoom quite quickly. I've asked others if they can see the sparkles but of course they can't. I just think it's an ability "to see" what others can't. I'm 34yo btw. I'm so glad I found this board! Carol keep up the great work, you may want to consider your next book in working with healing adults. I work on myself constantly doing soul retrievals etc..... It's fascinating work.

------------------
    Act like a tree and bend when the wind in your life trys to blow you down.

15. Mylene

Mylene Guest

Hi everyone. It is so interesting that there are so many people that can relate similar or complementary experiences.
    To answer your question Deborah, my daughter sees the white particules of light all the time. But because it is a nuisance to her she has over time learn to ignore them. Yet when she is tied she does not have that mind control.
    When she was much younger she saw auras but in black and white a little like black and white photo negatives (that is my interpretation from her description).

16. davev

davev Guest

Maybe it's just a father's paranoia and I'm sure you've already done this ... but I'll feel guilty if I don't say it. Have you taken the kid to an eye doctor if this is something the kid always sees? You know your kid and your kid's descriptions best, but my sister had some severe eye problems when she was a kid.

17. Deborah

Hello everyone,

WOW! Absolutely fantastic! Irene, welcome to the board and thank you for posting you and your daughters experiences. I am fascinated by the fact that your story about the ball of light is so similar to my experiences with my son. I am curious what others think this "ball of light" might be. I have some theories, but -- you all please go first! :)

Light -- of a spiritual nature -- is very interesting. The phenomenon seems be intertwined with the many aspects of our souls and at least for me, I see a direct connection to "states of consciousness" as well as our next evolution.

On another note - I think Carol is right on to continue working in the area of children, however. Their innocence is what will lead us back to ourselves. There is a deep seeded truth that children seem to understand, and that we need to get back to.

Mylene, I would agree with Dave in that it really doesn't hurt to have her eyes checked out. Better to be save than sorry. If she checks out fine, then let's investigate! Black and white negative auras -- never heard of that one before. Interesting.

I will do some research and post some findings regarding your posts -- as soon as I can. Thanks to all who are sharing -- we may learn more!

18. Irene

Irene New Member

Thanks for the welcome Deborah :)

Oh c'mon share LOL that's how people learn is by hearing what others with knowledge have to say. Anyway, I've enjoyed reading all your posts and hope to learn alot !

Irene

19. Mylene

Mylene Guest

Thank you Davev for your comments. My daughter has seen many eye specialists. They are all saying that her eyes are fine. Her vision tests are normal.
    She was slow at developing a dominant eye ( 8 years old).
    I am not ruling out that what she is experiencing is due to a visual impairment. I wish some one could tell me what it is and if there is a remediation.
    I thank William C for his temoignage in Deborah's post under the adult section. What he relates is very similar to what my daughter talks about.

Letting my thoughts wonder...
    Today it is possible to take pictures of auras with special cameras. So may be it is possible to explain that some children see auras because the visual part of their brain is maturing at a different rate. I will be glad when scientists come up with a rational explaination.

20. Deborah

Hello Irene,

So, your making me go first - LOLOL well alrightly then *S.

I personally believe that
    "seeing" Light is an indication that the person's "subtle vision" is wide open - meaning the sixth chakra. More specifically, when a ball of light appears outside of the person it is indicative of the touch or influence of an external force. These experiences seem to be indicators of both inner movement and contact with external forces that encourage and abet the psychic elements of change.

Aurobindo wrote more specifically of LIGHT as a transfomative element of consciousness. Visions of stars represent the promise of a light or creation in consciousness which is yet to come.

Mylene, I did some research for you - and according to Swami Muktananda there is a
    whole spectrum of colors perceived at certain depths of awareness. Four specific colors (red, white, black and blue ) are known by the Vedanta scriptures representing the four bodies; gross, subtle, causal and supracausal - (as in the order of above). That would mean - in my interpretation that seeing auras in black and white would mean the person is seeing the subtle and causal "bodies". He also states that the sequence of these lights indicates different stages of the spiritual journey.

I'm still looking into the swirling tiny lights a few of us are talking about - but I cannot help but feel that we are just seeing into another dimension or are more sensitive to ethereal matter in our space time paradigm.

OK, now it's your turn :)

For those who don't know - a similar conversation is happening under the title "Everything Else"