• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Children's past life dreams...

D

Diane Hackman

Carol (or anyone),

I asked this in a much earlier posting, but didn't get much response: Is it common at all for a child to have a reoccurring dream of the death scene in a past life? I don't mean the method by which he or she died, but a dream that would have all the elements of what happens after death...being out of the body, looking with interest at the surroundings, etc. To Carol, in all of your research on children's past lives, have you come across this at all? Thanks for your input.

------------------
Diane

I have never known anyone who experienced what you are describing. I may have had some dreams like that as an adult myself, but not as a child.

HI Diane,

It sounds like your child is experiencing altered states of consciousness (out of body experiences.) My daughter had them often. It is common (in my experience)for children to go out of body quite a bit.

Hi Deborah!

No, actually this happened to me as a child, and took place in a hospital setting. I was up by the ceiling, turned out of a room and floated down a hallway. I remember looking at nurses drawing up medications at a med. cart, and floating towards two double doors. At that point, I would awaken. I had the dream over and over for many years. It was very vivid, and I still recall every detail. I don't know whether there is a connection or not, but I had a sister who died before the age of 2 in a hospital in Indianapolis. At the time, parents were encouraged not to stay at night with the child. The doctors told them she had a rapid onset pneumonia, but was stable and that they should go home for the night. The nurses found her gone. Now, this could mean that she came back into the same family, or my dream could be connected with anyone. After all, many people die in hospitals. Interestingly though, I became a pediatric nurse.

Diane,
Very interesting question. I don't have any cases in which a child talked about these memories of after-death in a DREAM state; however, I have a number of cases in which children remembered what happened after they died while in the waking state. I'm sure that it happens during dreams, too, but it's probably harder for kids to grasp and talk about. We can only imagine what pre-verbal children are dreaming about, unless we tune into it psychically, which happens too. (I'm sure Deborah could add to that).
Were you born after your two-year-old sister's death? If so, it is possible that you are the reincarnation of your sister, and it would logically follow that you remember her death. This could also be a form of communication from your sister that you have been receptive to, since you are a member of the family. Or, who knows... I find it most interesting that you are a pediatric nurse now.
Please let us know about the timing of your sister's death and your birth.

------------------
Carol Bowman
http://www.childpastlives.org

Oops--accidently locked thread "Children's Past Life Dreams"

We accidentally locked the thread Children's Past Life Dreams, started by Diane Hackman. Sorry. I'm going to try to paste it into a new thread.

We're still learning our way around this new forum software. It is surprisingly sophisticated under it's sleak user interface. As traffic grows and the discussions reach a certain critcal mass, the features will make more sense. They help both to control the discussions (e.g. I can easily delete harmful posts) and facilitate communications between members.

Steve

------------------
Steve
Webmaster, www.childpastlives.org

Here is the thread "children's Past Life Dreams ... " that I pasted from the accidentally locked thread. Please continue the discussion here.

Posted by Diane:

Carol (or anyone),

I asked this in a much earlier posting, but didn't get much response: Is it common at all for a child to have a reoccurring dream of the death scene in a past life? I don't mean the method by which he or she died, but a dream that would have all the elements of what happens after death...being out of the body, looking with interest at the surroundings, etc. To Carol, in all of your research on children's past lives, have you come across this at all? Thanks for your input.
------------------
Diane

Posted by Deborah:

HI Diane,

It sounds like your child is experiencing altered states of consciousness (out of body experiences.) My daughter had them often. It is common (in my experience)for children to go out of body quite a bit.

Posted by Diane:

Hi Deborah!

No, actually this happened to me as a child, and took place in a hospital setting. I was up by the ceiling, turned out of a room and floated down a hallway. I remember looking at nurses drawing up medications at a med. cart, and floating towards two double doors. At that point, I would awaken. I had the dream over and over for many years. It was very vivid, and I still recall every detail. I don't know whether there is a connection or not, but I had a sister who died before the age of 2 in a hospital in Indianapolis. At the time, parents were encouraged not to stay at night with the child. The doctors told them she had a rapid onset pneumonia, but was stable and that they should go home for the night. The nurses found her gone. Now, this could mean that she came back into the same family, or my dream could be connected with anyone. After all, many people die in hospitals. Interestingly though, I became a pediatric nurse.

Posted by Carol:

Diane,

Very interesting question. I don't have any cases in which a child talked about these memories of after-death in a DREAM state; however, I have a number of cases in which children remembered what happened after they died while in the waking state. I'm sure that it happens during dreams, too, but it's probably harder for kids to grasp and talk about. We can only imagine what pre-verbal children are dreaming about, unless we tune into it psychically, which happens too. (I'm sure Deborah could add to that).

Were you born after your two-year-old sister's death? If so, it is possible that you are the reincarnation of your sister, and it would logically follow that you remember her death. This could also be a form of communication from your sister that you have been receptive to, since you are a member of the family. Or, who knows... I find it most interesting that you are a pediatric nurse now.

Please let us know about the timing of your sister's death and your birth.
------------------
Carol Bowman
http://www.childpastlives.org

Diane's reply to Carol:

Hi Carol!
My sister did die before I was born. She died in 1961, and I arrived in '66. I've always had a strong feeling that there is some connection there, either reincarnation, or as you said, some communication from her. I don't know why she would communicate that particular incident though, unless it was to let me know that her death was not frightening, even though she was alone. Maybe I'll get some answers this Saturday when I have my regression. I'll keep you "posted!" (Pardon the pun)!

------------------
Diane

[Diane put this into a new topic. It's best to post replies within the same topic/thread by hitting the "Reply" button. Yes, we're all still learning . . . I pasted it in here because I think this is a valuable discussion and I want to encourage it to continue.]

I thought I would share a story, which may extend the perspective on your post.

Back in 1989, my husband and I were in Santa Barbara, CA with our children. We stayed in a flat that had several attachments for rent.

It was about midnight...I was asleep, but I had gone out of body because my husband was snoring. *S My consciousness/spirit was in the livingroom area on the couch. I then watched as a child came right through the wall. A boy. He was about one and a half years old and he came right over to me.
He was so excited to "see" me he came running over and put his hands straight up in the air and then on my stomach....only thing was his hands went straight through me. Neither of us was in the body form. I shot right back to my body in the next room and sat straight up in bed. What a rush!

The next morning, as we were leaving..so were the people who had rented the place next to us. (They were connected by walls) Out came a woman, a man and their year and a half old son. My mouth dropped open, his eyes lit up and he squealed with delight.
What an experience. The innocence of a child in another dimension.

Children go out of body more than we adults are aware of!

[This message has been edited by Deborah (edited 05-26-99).]

Hi Deborah!

That was an amazing experience you had! However, this could not have been an OOBE. I had never been hospitalized as a child, and it took place in a hospital. I think that if a child were going to have an OOBE, the last place they would find themselves would be a hospital, unless there was some reason for them to be there. Also, I have had an out of body experience ONCE that I recall, in which I simply stayed in the house. I found myself downstairs in my son's room, and he was having a nightmare, talking in his sleep. I remember "thinking" to him, "Go, back to sleep, it's all right." When I looked down, I couldn't see myself, but it didn't bother me. I don't remember going back to my room. I know it was not a dream. Too real. But, in this particular experience, I remember feeling more weighed down, not as buoyant as in the dream. Kind of a sensation of being dragged along. I guess that would make sense when you consider that in an OOBE, you are still connected to the body by the "silver cord," whereas in death you aren't.

------------------
Diane

Hi Diane,

Your experience was definately not like the one I described. I was more or less responding to Carol's (invite) to expand on the following:

"We can only imagine what pre-verbal children are dreaming about, unless we tune into it psychically, which happens too. (I'm sure Deborah could add to that)."

You had a very interesting experience as well. And great observation about the differences between OOBE and leaving the body permanently.

Have a great day!

Deborah

Diane - actually, I had an OBE when I was 18, in which I was asleep in Maryland, but my spirit visited my old neighborhood in West Virginia. I flew throughout the neighborhood, and it was quite vivid. It was nighttime, and I followed the exact path of the roads.

However, I still believe you when you say that your experience was probably a post-death memory.

Back