Daughter's memories

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Jadeswan, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Jadeswan

Jadeswan New Member

My six year old daughter and I were alone one day, sitting at the table drinking hot herbal tea. She suddenly began talking in a more grown up voice. She said, "I have SO many children. Some days I just can't get anything done. I haven't cooked in a long time. My thirteen year old daughter does all the cooking because I'm so busy with the babies." She went on to tell me that her husband is gone on long trips a lot. "It's so hard on him in the winter," she lamented. "His first job was as a blacksmith," she continued, "and he says it was the easiest job he ever had. I don't know why! He had to quit being a blacksmith because they ran out of money to pay everybody." She said she has six good friends who have come over to help her get ready for her anniversary celebration. She looked at me and says, "You are one of them. You are the best cook of them all." I asked her if she ever got angry at me---I was hoping to get a the root of some issues we have in this life---but she laughed and said, "No, I like your food too much." I asked if I had a large family. She said, "Yes, you have a large family like me." I asked if that meant I had lots of children or more like aunts and cousins. She replied, "Aunts and cousins." I asked her about that because something about her memories reminded me of my life in 17th century England, then Ireland. In that life I only had one foster son but my husband had a large extended family.

She went on to tell me one day her house caught on fire. The neighbor's house was on fire and hers caught from it. She didn't know how the fire started but said fortunately everyone was outside "because it was day." They still had their car (I imagine she used this word to mean a conveyance of some sort) and they got tickets on a plane so big it could hold your car. I asked her if the "plane" went over land or water on their trip. She said it went over water. Then she began talking about "strong boats, like a show boat." I asked her if she still lived in the same place she had before. She said she only lived there a year after the fire and then she came "here" but she could never go back although she missed it and she missed her mother.

2. Jadeswan

Jadeswan New Member

Daughter's memories Pt. 2

My daughter loves to play the "game" where she closes her eyes and tells who she was before this life. Sometimes what she says sounds like she's just imagining but other times it has a certain quality about it that makes me think she is truly remembering. One day we were playing and I asked her questions about who she was. She said she lived in Africa and was an eight year old girl named Ikwatah. She was tall with dark skin and had black hair. She said her eyes were "the color of cloud." (I think she meant the contrast of the whites of her eyes with her dark skin.) She said it was very hot and she just wore "a little thing to cover up my bottom part." She lived in a home with no walls or floor, just "poles holding the roof up." She said it was hot in the winter there. She said she lived with her whole family---mother, father, a sister, two brothers, and aunts, uncles and cousins. She said, "I will tell you their names. My mother was Igwagah and my father was Ishul. My sister was Inoshwa. I can tell you the names of one uncle and one aunt if you like. My aunt was Ishago and my uncle was Imodoh. My second brother was Imono." I wasn't sure what to think about all the names being so similar but I thought I would record them anyway.

She went on to say she lived near a pond and there were lots of fruit trees. There were banana and coconut trees and she had two special trees that are very tall. One was banana and one was coconut. She became angry at one point and said, "You cut down my coconut tree!" She went on to tell me it was a happy life because of her favorite trees and her pet monkey. She said he liked to knock the coconuts down from the trees and it made her mad. She said the monkey liked coconut juice and she told him if he wanted to get any he better stop knocking down coconuts.

She continued, "My family and I pick fruit all day long and it is fun. One day my monkey ran into the house and we all wondered why he seemed so scared. Then my father saw a lion coming but he had a weapon to fight it. It was scary and I ran in the house and hugged the monkey but everything was all right. My monkey helps me pick fruit. I taught him which bananas are ripe. He didn't care whether they were ripe or not when he ate them. I help my mommy get water for the family. One night my monkey made a dolly out of sticks. My mommy made it clothes and a face. I was allergic to oranges, lemons and maybe kiwis. I didn't like them but my allergies got better and better."

I asked her how she died in that life. She said, "We all disappeared. My whole family, even the monkey." Then she laughed a funny, trilling little laugh and said, "If they were all alive today they'd be 450 years old."

3. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Your daughters memories strike me as being very accurate, correct and factual, and I wonder how others can question that information coming from a child, for most children have enough trouble concocting a good story, much less memories of another lifetime.

My personal belief (and perhaps others) is that children are able to remember a PL is because they are closer to that PL, but as they grow older (around age 7) they soon forget and get on with living in this lifetime.

How sad to forget, especially when it was a good PL, unlike most adults, I hope she remembers her memories always, and as was my experience, memories can be good and can comfort you (like a log fire on a cold night) or they can torment you to no end.

4. Jadeswan

Jadeswan New Member

Thank you, Hydrolad. I hope she does remember her past lives as she gets older. If not, I am keeping a record of them to give to her when she is grown so she will have that to help her remember. :)

5. Jadeswan

Jadeswan New Member

Today my daughter asked out of the blue and very matter of factly, "Did you shoot me yesterday?" I was startled but I calmly replied, "No, I didn't. Did I shoot you sometime?" She laughed an odd chuckle and said, "No." I gently asked, "Were you shot sometime?" She got the strangest look on her face and just froze up. Then she shouted, "Shut up!" I guess she wasn't ready to talk about it. The interesting part is I had a recent past life memory---which I have not discussed with her---where she was a baby in my arms and we were both shot. She has a pink birthmark of the kind known as an "angel kiss" in the center of her forehead and several spotty birthmarks know as "stork bites" on the lower back of her head. I can't help wondering about the connection. Maybe someday soon she will feel secure enough to talk some more. I really hope so because I believe it may be the key to some of her behavior---how she cried inconsolably through babyhood; how she would have uncontrollable outbursts of screaming as a toddler, especially in places where there were larger groups of people; and how she always seems angry with me for no apparent reason.

6. Eternal Light

Eternal Light New Member

Jadeswan, your daughters memories are so detailed and astoundingly interesting. She seems to have remembered so much, and perhaps that is because she is still right on top of them.

I think hydrolad is correct in part; some children do forget these past life memories after a certain age, but others don't. I didn't. I admit, rather reluctantly, that my memories may be a trifle misty at times now, and not so detailed or remembered distinctly, but I still have them, as do many others here at PL.

I was particularly struck by the names that she remembered. And, initially, with those in mind, and the description of the 'house' that she lived in, I did think that she may have mistaken an African life, from an Asian one... simply because I have a vivid memory of living in a Japanese or Chinese home of a similar style, with few walls.

But, it is abundantly clear, after further reading, that your daughter is describing what she knows and is perfectly correct in her geographical location. Her lifetime then, sounded simple, yet tantalizingly enviable.

I think her memories are totally fascinating and I hope that there is more... :)

7. Jadeswan

Jadeswan New Member

Thank you, Eternal Life. I also initially thought that she might have been in error that she was in Africa but as you said as her story progressed it became clear that the location was accurate. I believe she also had a life in China, however. She loves to "talk" in Chinese and will constantly tell me that she is Chinese and that she needs to learn to speak Chinese. She eats with chopsticks anytime we have bite-sized food even if it isn't Chinese food and the rest of us are using forks.

I really enjoy her memories and if she remembers anything else I will be sure to share it.

My son is younger and I would expect him to come up with more memories but he is more obsessed with animals than anything. He loves imitating them and learning about them, especially exotic ones such as komodo dragons, gorillas and echidnas. Sometimes I wonder if he used to be an animal behaviorist in a past life. Once he told me he used to be a man who worked at a zoo. He said, "I be a doctor." I asked if he remembered anything else but all he could remember was "a tea kettle in a kitchen." Oh well... :)

8. Eternal Light

Eternal Light New Member

Well look, Jadeswan, even Doctors need sustenance. lol.

But seriously, it came across, to me in any event, that he might have been saying that he was an Animal Doctor, a Veterinarian possibly. Only time will tell. It's fascinating tho, waiting and wondering... :)

9. Jadeswan

Jadeswan New Member

Hehe! Yes, I imagine working with all those animals would be tiring. A cup of hot tea would be just the thing. Seriously, the tea kettle memory seems to me to be more likely real rather than imaginary just because it's such a common, ordinary little detail.

10. Eternal Light

Eternal Light New Member

Yes, I totally agree, and it is in fact quite likely that he was talking of such an experience imho. :)