Does This Mean My Child Remembers?

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by DEBSMAIN, Jul 24, 2003.

1. DEBSMAIN

DEBSMAIN New Member

Hi,

I'm new to this and would appreciate advice...

My nearly 4 year daughter occasionally mentions things that really make us stop and wonder.
    One day we drove past a church and she said "When I was a big girl, I used to go to church" We are actually Buddhist and she's probably only been to a church twice..... in this life.
    Another phrase is "when I was bigger..." She just seems to be stating a fact and thats it. She never goes on to elaborate and I'm not sure if I should question her about what she says or not.

I read with interest the articles about "what babies see". Ella did the very same thing and we were convinced that she could see something we couldnt when she was a baby.

How do I know what this means???

2. GreenKnight

GreenKnight Senior Registered

Welcome aboard Deb!

I also have a 3 year old daughter. Recently she was sitting on the couch looking at a magazine with her mother and there was an advertisement for a Barbie doll that was wearing a traditional Japanese red kimono. Emily told us that "when I was big before I had a dress like that but mine was blue"

My wife and I discussed this later and we are not sure how to handle it either so we just agreed to tell Emily that it was oki to talk about "when she was big before" if she wanted to.
    So far she has not mentioned it again but she now knows that it is ok to do so.

It is hard knowing what to do. Maybe someone else can offer us more advice? I just think it's important to let the child know it is ok to remember. She is still loved no matter where her soul has been before or will be in the future.

3. Galadriel

Galadriel Senior Registered

I would say yes. She does have some memories. The simple phrasing may be all there is to it, or there may be more ready to come out.

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Deb

and.........Hi Greenknight - ;)

This excerpt might be of some help ---

Here is the full weblink that Carol wrote -
    The Four Signs

When my son came up with spontaneous memories at age four -I asked him - "When was this?" What followed was more information than I could have dreamed of. I truly believe if we don't ask -we might never know. Just keep it simple.[/quote]

5. gogoktty001

gogoktty001 New Member

I believe my child also remembers

My 3yr old daughter recently on a trip to go horseback riding started to tell me a story about her sister who was very sick and "threw up " alot and she would mimick jesters of someone kicking and shaking her head she told me her sisters name was Zo-e-a she also told me of other siblings . I listened to her intently and assured her that Zo-e-a was now fine and not sick anymore .. however my daughter is admant and has repaeted the same story for a month now same details ..the only other details she has added would be another person names
    pa -te-ya again I am spelling it as she would say it .. I have questioned her some about Zo-e-ya and she insist that she is her sibling ..

Now the catch is ..recently my daughter has been including Zo-e-ya when we go to the store etc etc ... I was almost goingt to chalk it up to imaginary friend ..however she still contiues to tell me often about her sister throwing up and sticking her finger down her throat mind you she is 3 and has never seen anyone stick their finger down thier throat she has also tried to mimcik the way Zo-e-ya's mother talked .. and tells me Zo-e-ya is sad alot

I am very receptive of my daughter recalling past live experience .. but maybe I am wrong and it is a very active imagination.

6. sensitive soul

sensitive soul Senior Registered

I'm thinking it could be a past life memory. But then again, maybe she just has a good imagination! All I can say is to listen to anything else she says and to not push her to tell anything, but wait and let her spontaneously mention it on her own. If the names/stories stay consistent, I am willing to bet that it is a past life memory, especially if she is talking about things that a 3 year old would not ordinarily know.

7. Lowland_Kid

Lowland_Kid Senior Registered

My son seems to remember

Hi,

My son seems to remember as well. But he only mentioned two things. One of his remarks was: "I want my other mummy" and the other one was just recently. He said to my husband: "Daddy, when you were small and I was big, I was your daddy and I used to throw you up in the air all the time". My husband shrugged it off, but I was "hearing" my son! He said something similar a while ago.

My MIL has told me shortly after the birth of my son, that she thought he is the reincarnation of her late husband.

I will keep my ears open and if he ever mentions anything again, I will try to ask him some questions.

:)
    Low

8. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hi All

I just thought I’d add this piece of information to the thread in regards to questioning children when they start to speak about past lives, as I thought some of you may find it helpful or interesting ;)

As far as questioning children on past lives and memories, it is always important to use what can be termed as “clean” language, this is basically a language that guides, rather than putting “words into their mouths”. So for example, you use questions such as:

“And then what happened…?”
    “And so what did you do then…?”
    “How did you feel…?”
    “Can you remember why that was…?”

Clean language is basically a way of bringing a child to their own truth or realization of their memories, through their own thoughts and/or words; it means not encouraging them - by spoken word or tone of voice - to search for something within them just because you believe/wonder if it’s there. Children are very sensitive so it’s important not to put our own “theories” or “assumptions” across in any way, either by our reactions, tone or question. A lot of the time, the “real truth” inside can be quite far from our own imaginings and this putting forward of our own assumptions can cause the child to wander off from their own thoughts and memories and instead layer over them with our own. In a nutshell, using clean language means GUIDING and not LEADING.

9. Lowland_Kid

Lowland_Kid Senior Registered

Thank you, Kelly, that is very helpfull.

I will have to order Carol Bowman's book!

:)
    Low