Doopelganger from the 1890's

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Deborah, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

PICT0228 copy.jpg

My doppelgänger. I’m 18 in color. She looks about that age (16-18) in the photo from 1890. My daughter Shannon shared the vintage pic from the Facebook vintage news page. She was so taken aback. I was too! Anyone else find their Doopelganger?

I'll try to dig up images of me that you can see better it is almost spot on. h+mYgXPbTGmFLXXInbPKgQ_thumb_3342.jpg pB%iPh8KTLC3r28ca8Mv+Q_thumb_3338.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3335.jpg

glia21 and inhaltslos like this.
  2. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

No..! that looks like an old timey dress up photo at a fair! Not to mention, that's a great photo in both condition and clarity. That's really hard to believe that it isn't from a western movie or tv set. Not doubting you of course :) Just that it's an amazing find.. Do you have any memories or connections with the time period and person, if you know who it is?

I know some of you have seen this before and for those that haven't and keeping with the spirit of the thread, I know this was me though in a past life. See it was quite startling and confusing. What makes it all the more curious is that the painting is done in modern, western style, as opposed to the original, Arabic style portrait, which bears no resemblance to me at all. Photography had just been invented and wasn't in that part of the world at the time I lived. So, the painter had no source material to work from, other than perhaps photos of his son.

It's bizarre really, even the lighting is from the same angle. I'm flabbergasted, considering all of the circumstances. I've tried emailing the artist about the source material she used, out of curiosity and not presenting myself as a reincarnation case, but I never heard back.

[​IMG]

SymphonyofDreams and Deborah like this.
  3. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

I am my own doppelganger from WW2

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Here's the article - https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/12/23/carl-stormer/

Norwegian Carl Størmer became a force to be reckoned with in the fields of math and astrophysics. But he also had other interests.

Every great mind starts somewhere and it was the business of photography that caught his eye… quite literally.

While studying mathematics at the University of Oslo (formerly the Royal Frederick University, Kristiania) he found himself dabbling in the fine art of taking snaps.​

5. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Haha yeah I figured there was an alternate purpose behind the photos, but they are cool.

That makes it even more rare that it was just pure happenstance she was in front of the guy at the time! Unless she was the lady he was interested in.

I think viewing old photos in this context is truly eye opening! You see that people were simply people and not much has changed. It's reassuring in a way I suppose.

Deborah likes this.