• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Experiencing "Cinematic Parallels"

aqualeo

i just read something about my PL that reminded me of a silly yet formative childhood memory from this current life. i had to laugh, because i read that my brother and i had run for president and treasurer (more evidence that he was the Math Twin, not me lol i was the Essay Twin) of our high school, and we BOTH lost.

and that reminded me that in my current life, when i was in sixth grade, i ran for student council. i was in a very competitive high-achiever friend group, so of course i had to keep up with the joneses. eventually (in 7th grade) i got secretary, and i got the little tie pin i wanted, so i could flex with my uniform about having been involved in the upper echelons of the school. very silly.

but in my first election, i think i went for president or something a bit higher level, and i totally crumbled into angry tears about losing to the girl i had decided was my rival. but i got scolded because i should have supported her, we were friends. i really was surprised by how viciously envious i felt at the time, the sudden animosity felt so out of nowhere.

i scared myself so much with how suddenly i hated her, that after that, i prevented myself from ever feeling jealousy or envy or anything like that, and for a while i doubled down really hard on being a Goody Two Shoes. because of all this, i really love the Allie X song, "All the Rage," because she sings about how she "wasn't good enough to be elected" with the same melodrama i felt haha

anyway, this memory just made me think that i guarantee that both my PL brother and i (but especially me) definitely got incredibly pissed off about having lost. We weren't exactly known for having the most even tempers. "Cinematic parallels" between present life and past life haha. i've always been very competitive, it seems.

Do you ever catch parallels like that? Where things go down in the same way they did before?

Oh my god I've experienced so many parallels like that!
I don't know/think if it's a past life thing or not but my whole life (almost :D), personality, fears, phobias, style, interests, skills etc. are the same as his... I've been researching for years now and everytime I read things about him (the things I already know but I can't help rereading them haha) I go "hey, that's me" or "hey, I do that!". We have so many things in common, down to the tiniest details, it actually creeps me out

I had a funny moment the other day, reading the book I wrote about my past life, which I hadn't picked up in a long time. I got a sucked into the writing and briefly forgot that I was reading about my own self, and actually laughed aloud and said to my husband, "Dude, this book is nuts. The main character's exactly like me!"

The look on my husband's face made my brain come back online.

So yeah, there are some parallels 😅

Oh my god I've experienced so many parallels like that!
I don't know/think if it's a past life thing or not but my whole life (almost :D), personality, fears, phobias, style, interests, skills etc. are the same as his... I've been researching for years now and everytime I read things about him (the things I already know but I can't help rereading them haha) I go "hey, that's me" or "hey, I do that!". We have so many things in common, down to the tiniest details, it actually creeps me out
i completely feel you on this! some ppl seem to have more differences between their present and past self and then some people are hilariously the same. it's even stranger when one is of a different gender than one's past life, and yet still the same. i was surprised that even his face looks similar enough that i feel as if i could be seen as him in drag 💀

Reactions: HBC
I had a funny moment the other day, reading the book I wrote about my past life, which I hadn't picked up in a long time. I got a sucked into the writing and briefly forgot that I was reading about my own self, and actually laughed aloud and said to my husband, "Dude, this book is nuts. The main character's exactly like me!"

The look on my husband's face made my brain come back online.

So yeah, there are some parallels 😅
that's absolutely hilarious haha that's awesome that your husband is down with the whole past life thing

i completely feel you on this! some ppl seem to have more differences between their present and past self and then some people are hilariously the same. it's even stranger when one is of a different gender than one's past life, and yet still the same. i was surprised that even his face looks similar enough that i feel as if i could be seen as him in drag 💀
Stop I can relate to you so much omg!! It feels so great to find people who understand this, I felt like I was crazy for so long 😅

I do not know very much about the one past life I'm aware of but last year I had somebody do a reading on it because I wanted to know more about it. This person barely knew anything about me or the past life until after the fact, but the reading really resonated with me because there was a lot of similarities with my present life.

I will not post the full reading here (or at least right now) but it is in the Discord server.

hello,

i don't know if this is the right place but the title cinematic parallels seemed accurate.

i'm at home relaxing and the movie pearl harbor is on in the background. suddenly i was entranced, i found my self putting my laptop away when the japanese were flying over towards hawaii for a sneak attack. seeing the planes in the sky, the bombs underwater, and the bombing of the naval ships and the peoples reaction started producing very intense chills in my spine. hearing the bombs drop i winced and suddenly cried out like a big baby. i felt such a intense sadness pulled out from me.

i can't say i had a past life with pearl harbor or what side i was on... but i do think there were parallels to a possible past life made apparent by this film. i have had dreams of being a pilot, lingering nostalgia for pilots and a memory of tumbling in white sheets. i believe the tumbling in white sheets was actually the moment i died from a plane crash similar to the planes in this movie.

i am okay now, still watching the movie in the background... but the sudden emotions are very heavy and still lingering.

maybe it wasn't me, but a shared memory. looking at the people swimming in the water and being shot at from above is harrowing. i was always a gentle giant in this life, and would never wish war upon anyone. i don't think it's cool, and i'm not an eye for an eye kind of guy... it's horrendous.

Back