Grandsons memories

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Angels Grandma, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Angels Grandma

Angels Grandma Senior Registered

When my grandson was about 4 years old he was in the car with my daughter and his 9 year old brother. While waiting for me to get home from work they were riding around the neighborhood. He commented on a house on a little used street as being where Mary A. lived. It was explained that we knew no Mary A. and no one who lived it that house. He said Mary A. had lived there and he had been there. He said she had been stabbed once and they had bandaged it but she was ok. He said she had a stone in the cemetery (which is right around the corner) but she had not died yet. My daughter drove into the cemetery which is large and has many small roads. As they went through the cemetery he said where to turn and in a back corner said "there it is" His brother almost had a heart attack as he read the stone. It read Mary A. Strange.
    She had not yet died but there was a stone for her next to her husbands. My grandson also said there were 2 Marys. When I got home we all went back to the cemetery and he took me to the spot from a different direction. I did some research at the library using her husbands obit. There were indeed 2 Marys. Mary had a daughter also named Mary. He said it was Mary G. In the obit it was listed as Mary V. Mary A. is alive and still is listed in the phone book as living north of town. She was born in 1915 I could not place her in the house, however her husband at one time lived a few blocks from there according to old city directories. More stories came from him if anyone is interested. He has now just turned 6. [A]

2. kimreva99

kimreva99 Senior Registered

Wow!!! Is all I can say I would love to hear more.

kim

3. Galadriel

Galadriel Senior Registered

I too would like to hear more.

Welcome to the forum.

------------------
    Galadriel aka Megan
    ------------------
    There is no such thing as too many books. Too few bookcases can become a problem, however.

4. Angels Grandma

New to this, hope I do this right. I also say wow every time my Grandson says something new. One of the earliest things he said was when he told us about a man in our area who had a dog that he said looked just like my dog. He said he lived on a corner in Menasha and his name was Martin Karay. He was really young but he told us it was spelled Karay. He did not know how to spell much of anything at that point and though he is a very smart little boy we did not understand where he would get that spelling. He pronounced it Carey but spelled it with a K. We knew no one by that name.

In January of this year in the middle of the night he sat up in bed and began talking. He told his mother " I hear voices in my head".
    He said "people talk to me". When asked for more information he said "I don't want to talk about it. We do not understand where any of this comes from. The comments come out of no where and are always a surprise.
    There is no way he could have any knowledge of any of what he says from anyone in the family. I find this whole subject so fascinating and appreciate any comments. He has just started kindergarden and is reading at a much much higher grade level. He does not sound out words, he just seems to know what the word is. There is no hesitation when he reads and he understands what he reads. While in preschool this past year he amazed his teachers. He was asked a short time ago if there is 60 minutes in 1 hour, how many are in 2 hours and he immediately stated 120. His teacher kept going and he added 60 minutes for each additional hour in his head until he was in the 700's At times his teacher would hold a calculator to check as he went so fast on math things. Thanks for the comments. Angels Grandma

5. Angels Grandma

I spoke with my daughter today and she said that my grandson was closer to 3 or 3 1/2 when he made the statements about Mary A. Also he called it a rock and not a stone in the cemetery. We have checked the "rock" recently and she has not died. I would love to contact her and see if she was ever, as was stated, "stabbed" or lived in that house but as she is probably 87 years old I think not. We wonder if it was a bad cut or actually stabbed. He could not clarify at the time.

6. Angels Grandma

feeling a little lonesome here...I seem to be the only one around. I have read some postings and find similar things like not liking loud noises. My grandson does not like loud noises at all. He will sit with his hands over his ears when anything is loud. Also when he was about 2 he developed a terrible fear of ants. He would not even put his feet on the sidewalk. We found it strange but it was before all of these things started to happen. It lasted a couple of weeks and then stopped. We thought we had convinced him the ants would not hurt him. Another comment he has made is that he was not very old before. He said "sometimes you do not get very far and you have to start over again. This little sweetheart was 6 this month and around his birthday he was talking to his mother. Both of the older boys like talking about when they were born or when they were little. He was asking about that and his mom said his older brother took a long time to get here (25 hours of labor) and the little one was not that long but he had come fairly fast. She asked him why he got here so fast and he commented. "Because I've done it so many times before". Guess that is all for now. Angels Grandma

7. anonyx

anonyx Senior Registered

Don't think you're alone. I'm sure a lot of people, like me, are reading with interest. I appreciate it when people take the time to post these stories because I have not been fortunate enough to have had any such first-hand experiences, other than odd phobias and vague deja vu.

8. Marg

Marg Senior Registered

Hi Grandma:

Yes, I have gotten lonely in my posts too. I keep thinking there willbe just tons of posts because it is so exciting. So I decided to make a point of reading OTHER people's posts, and respond! How very thrilling that he recalls so much. Did you contact this Mary? I am so excitied that there are living people who can verify these things for you. My daughter recalls living in the 1890's and they are all gone now. The research it very difficult. Are you keeping a journal of everything? It would be nice to have. I hear that the memory fades around age seven, so you are near that time.

Please keep posting your beautiful story!

Marg

9. Galadriel

Galadriel Senior Registered

Like I said before, you never need fear that you are alone here. We have better than 2000 members, people may not always respond, but they are always reading.

10. Angels Grandma

I posted this under birthdays but will also put it in here. When my grandson was born I was writing down his date of birth and when I looked at it I was amazed.
    My daughter Kelly was born on 10-9-69
    My grandson Scout was born on 9-10-96
    I find it so curious and I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on it. Scout also told his mom about how he had once worked in a factory
    He said he hated it and did not want to work there. No one in our immediate family works in a factory. He also told her one night that he knew a lot of people from New York. We know no one in New York and have never been there. He listed many names all sounding very italian and continued to tell his Mom he knew them in New York and they were all in the Mob. Can't imagine where he would have even heard about the mob. He was very sincere and told her several names. I sincerely hope if anyone is reading this they will post. I would love to hear anyone's comments especially anyone who may have some thoughts on the birthday reverse thing. Thanks...
    Angels Grandma

11. Marg

Marg Senior Registered

Well, I am impressed. He seems to know the neighborhood, but now he seems to be from a different family. As for the birthdays, it would be great if we could get everyone to post their family Birthday correlations.

Marg

12. Angels Grandma

Last night my daughter called me and said I would not believe what Scout did. She said he had brought up the Revolutionary War and explained it to her. She said he knew battles, where they took place and why they were fighting. He then started to talk about the Preamble to the Constitution. You know the one that starts "We the People" She said she almost fell over when he started reciting it. and knew the words as far as she could tell....correctly. He told her about ther people who signed the constitution. He said the signatures were hard to read. In his words, "they were scribbly". I know I have a book on the constitution and as I recall they were hard to read. I asked him about the revolutionary war today and he said " it happened a long time ago. Even before I was born." Then he just giggled and ran off. I told Kelly to dig for more information but she said it is always such a surprise. Scout is just in Kindergarden this year and we asked his preschool teacher who knows about Scout and she was amazed. She said she would like to take credit but no...they had not studied the war or the constitution. Like she said even if they had touched on either subject for him to tell us that much would be amazing. Hopefully more information will be added by Scout. But we never know. Any thoughts anyone??? Please!!!

13. Marg

Marg Senior Registered

Wow, that is really interesting! I had been wondering how children remember, do they only remember the LAST past life, or do they remember them all the same? Sounds like they are all pretty clear in his memory. Or at least several are! How lucky you are to have someone inviolved in the founding of our country in your family! I wonder if he has any interesting stories that didn't make it into the history books. Well, perhaps it would be a good idea to read up on history a bit yourselves and maybe some trips to the library are in order to get more books for him, I am sure he would enjoy reading children's books about the revolutionary war. Are there such things? Maybe they have videos and such too. Would be fun to share with him and see his reaction.

Many of us have chidren who remember past lives that history forgot, it can be very hard to research at all. What a nice opportunity you have with this memory though! Remember, take advantage of it now, he will forget later! With my daughter, I find I can bring up a conversation relating to her past life recall within a day or a week, but after even a month or so, sometimes it is gone. But suppression is a big part of it with her, she has traumatic memories. I think sometimes she just wants to not talk about it even when she does remember.

Marg

14. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Angels Grandma,

What a beautiful addition to your grandsons memories. There is something so special, so pure -- when a child speaks about their past life so spontaneously.

It seems from your posts that your grandson not only remembers his last life -- but is now possibly -- also speaking about the life time before?

------------------
    Deborah

Finding my joy

15. Marg

Marg Senior Registered

So, how's things going?

Marg

16. Angels Grandma

Marg... nice of you to check up on me. It has been a while since I checked in. My Dad is dying of cancer and my thoughts have been elsewhere. Things have been rather quiet with Scout since the Revolutionary war and constitution story. I will get back to these things as I can. Hope all is well with you. Thanks again. Barb

17. Marg

Marg Senior Registered

I will pray for you and you family.

Marg

18. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

My prayers and thoughts will be with you Barb ...please........take care.

19. Angels Grandma

My daughter called me last night and when she started out " You will not believe what Scout said !" I just love that. She said she had a votive candle burning and the container had holes in it so the light showed through. Scout walked in and saw it and wanted to know about the wick on the candle. She told him about the wick and he looked at the container and said, "it looks just like a disco ball." She was surprised and asked him how he knew what a disco ball was. " He looked at her and said "I remember in 1977 I used to go disco dancing." He said to his Mom "didn't you?" She told him No that she was too young to go disco dancing. (she was born in 1969) Scout was born in 1996. We talked about it and could not figure out where he may have seen a disco ball but agreed it was possible. However....how would he have come up with 1977 from that? Yesterday he lost his first tooth. He has been eagerly waiting and I had to stop over to see his achievement
    Last night a friend of Kellys was at her house and he decided to write the note from the tooth fairy so Scout would not recognize her writing. He wrote congradulations on the loss of your tooth etc etc. Scout got up looked at the note and laughed...He said look Mom the tooth fairy spelled congratulations wrong. It should be a t not a d. Scout is 6 years old and we do not understand how he does that. His teacher feels he is reading on at least a 4th grade level and will be tested in January. However Kelly said he did not even hesitate over the word. And what child in kindergarten would know that so quickly. My best to all of you for a wonderful Christmas.
    Blessings... Barbara

20. JoeKay

JoeKay Senior Registered

HI Barb,

I knew a little four year old boy years ago who was born with the ability to identify any car or truck - on sight - by make and model. My brother and I used to test him as we rode down the street and he was never wrong. That was back in 1955, and as you can imagine, there were plenty of old cars and trucks to choose from! I knew then that reincarnation is a fact and never questioned it since.
    No doubt your angel has been here before, but we all have. His ability to remember is unique and while children may appreciate it, I'm afraid most adults will not.

Joe

21. Lorie

Lorie Senior Registered

Hi Grandma, I sent you a message, but clicked the wrong thing. But you can find it in the Reincarnatin forum, under "I know how you feel." You can read it There. Because it was for you. Lorie

22. Angels Grandma

Hi Lorie. Glad to hear from you. I have always found this subject fascinating but never thought I would find myself so close to it. Scout is the best little boy and I can never wait until the next thing he says. Each one seems to be so different and always unexpected. We have a lot going on here and do not get a chance to get to the computer as much as I would like to. Hope your holidays are happy. Barbara

23. terron

terron Guest

This is about the question of how many reincarnations or which ones a person would remember. As I understand it, any given life has a connection with certain past ones, that were concerned with similar issues. So it seems like a person would be more likely to remember things from those lives that had a close connection with the one he is in now. There might be one life or several, maybe even dozens for all I know.
    Another thing, I think it would be neat if the mother of a child who remembers stuff from time to time could get a little tape recorder and have it ready to use when he comes up with something.
    Terron

24. Lorie

Lorie Senior Registered

Hi Barb, Hope you had a nice Holiday,We all did. It seems that my Grandson Jesse, who was four in Dec. 2002, is not talking very much about his passed life, as his brother Tommy. I quess that as they get older they start to forget. Have you got anything new from your grandchild? Lorie