Have you ever seen a ghost?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Kristopher, Oct 15, 2011.

1. starrynight

starrynight Senior Registered

I've woken up afew times to people either at the end of or side of the bed.

One couple i didn't know, i found a picture of after my nan died. It was her father & step mother. I felt privaledged they'd come to see me but frutrasted i was too scared to talk to them.

I never found who the man at the bottom of the bed in my house now was. I don't know if he belongs here or my mum thinks it could be her grandad again.

I've seen others but always at night. I'm worjing on not being scared.

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

From all of the stories I have heard it's mostly night time when they visit you. Is it because of your mental state when going to bed or it because it's easier for them at that time of day? I wonder if anyone has researched that?

3. starrynight

starrynight Senior Registered

Hi argonne i do know someone who see's them at anytime of day, she tells them to leave her alone at night and they do.

I presume you are quieter and if they want to tell you something I suppose they've got your full attention.

I've often had feeling, knowing something is there but have only ever seen anything at night time.

4. Kasiette

Kasiette New Member

I have several ghostly experiences, starting from a week after my grandfather's death.

I was 8 years old and we were staying with my grandmother at her house in England until the funeral. Throughout the time we spent at the house my dad and I felt that my grandfather was still there. One night I was lying awake in my dad's old room - and I would like to add that the windows and doors were firmly closed before I continue. I said "Grandad," and a plastic bag on the floor that was filled with my clothes began to shake very rapidly. It wasn't the sort of movement that a draught could produce - it was quite literally being shaken back and forth. Grandad had always said he would come back and prove it to us if he was still there after he died. LOL . I was absolutely terrified, but that proved to me quite early on that there was an afterlife.

Our house in Yorkshire was built in the 1800s, and we felt there was a 'presence' there. Nothing major happened like things moving around, but one morning at around 7am my dad woke up and saw the figure of a woman cross the landing. There were three of us in the family, and both my mum and I were asleep. We did some investigating into some of the previous owners of the house and found a lady who once lived there and probably still occupied the place. She was a friendly spirit, and occasionally I would feel someone sat on the end of my bed (I have an old Victorian spring bed, so I could literally feel the weight lowering the mattress). Though this might have been the woman or my grandfather, it's hard to say.

My mum and I shared an experience when we took a holiday with some friends in Dorset. We were staying in a converted barn next to a very old estate, built in possibly the 1500s-1600s. I didn't like the place at all. It's hard to describe the feeling, but I felt a very negative energy in the old barn, like a kind of malaise that follows you around. Mum and I were sharing a room in the back of the house, and my dog - who usually followed mum around like a ghost herself - absolutely refused to be in there for more than a minute. There was what appeared to be blood stains on the dishwasher and our room was quite mouldy with a very old bed. Over the next day or so our dog began to act very strangely. There was a space under a chest of drawers that she hid under, but she wasn't a timid dog at all. She'd usually be pretty happy lying around on the floor, just chilling.

The morning after that, mum was acting very strangely and requested that we go on a long walk. By that time I was very 'infected' by the malaise and was feeling very negative for no apparent reason. That night mum decided she wanted to sleep in the room next door to us, where her friend and her daughter had been sleeping. She didn't want to sleep and kept asking me if I wanted to sleep in the car. Eventually she told me why: she had gotten up earlier that morning at dawn to get a glass of water and got back into bed to sleep. After a few minutes she felt a weight spread from her feet and gradually up her body, as if a fully-grown man was lying on top of her. Then she sat up out of her own control and began spewing 'demonic' words in a language she couldn't understand. The voice was angry and not very human - very guttural. Then it just left her and she fell back down onto the bed. So understandably we spent the night in the car, and just left the next day. She was absolutely terrified for the next few weeks and cried a lot. As it happens the friend who was staying with us was a GP, and she explained about Sleep Paralysis, which is often induced by the presence of mould. Since then, however, I've read a lot more about it and generally the experience only tends to involve seeing a figure in the room with you while being too paralysed to move. I have a friend now who experiences Sleep Paralysis quite regularly, to the point where he can feel this old 'hag' breathing on the back of his neck. So I'm not sure where the rest of the experience came from. She may have sat up, but perhaps she was hearing the voice internally, I don't know. I was in the room with her and didn't wake up, so I'm inclined to think that. :confused:

5. Kasiette

Kasiette New Member

That's definitely the scariest experience anyone in our family has had. Both my mum and dad have had encounters with mischievous ghosts. My mum's sister used to live in a very old country estate in Lincolnshire (I was convinced it was a castle when I was very young) and had a few spirits there. One of them was a girl who used to live in the 'play room' or my cousin's bedroom waiting for someone to arrive, looking out the window. They did a whole paranormal investigation on this, but I can't remember exactly who she turned out to be - I'll report back on this if anyone is interested. They used to hear noises coming from the play room as if someone up there was playing with the toys, but the room was always empty upon inspection.

When I was a baby on the night before we were about to travel to France, mum said she had left my favourite giraffe toy in their kitchen squarely on the island in the middle. The next morning after she put me in the car, she realised she hadn't found my toy. She looked everywhere for the toy, but it wasn't on the countertop she had left it - and didn't want to leave without it, because it was my favourite. LOL Eventually they found it, sat in a gap on the other side of the kitchen where two of the kitchen counters didn't quite meet. My aunt swore blind she hadn't touched it, haha.

My dad also worked for a well-known supermarket chain in the UK, and was doing stock one night. He found that one of the crates of chocolate had been opened and it was all over the floor. His colleagues informed him they had a female ghost who really liked chocolate :laugh: . He often saw orbs while he was working there and perhaps a few shadows - but that's about it.

6. SkyeSpitfire

SkyeSpitfire Probationary

Thought I would bring up an interesting thing that happened yesterday in my house.

Lots of family have gathered for New Years and my two-year old niece (who is amazingly able to hold full-blown conversations with people, something I've never come across before) turned round to me and said, "Aunty, do you see that man over there?" and she was pointing towards the hallway. No one was there. I started asking her what man, and she just kept pointing to this nothingness.

Anyway, a couple hours later she did it again; she kept saying 'hello!' to the air, the same spot, and then pointed and said it was the man again. When we asked her who he was, she said it was a specific relative's 'man'. A few jokes cracked here and there and, on the whole, it was forgotten, but I kept thinking how interesting it was. There was no malevolent or nasty emotion I could feel, and I suspect it may have been this particular aunt's son, my cousin, who died in 2013. So I told my sister and she was rather creeped out and said it only happened when we were at our house.

I do think my house is a portal for both negative and positive spirits.

7. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

When I had my 'NDE' in 1978 - I walked around for many weeks, months and a few years to cope with a 'gift of sight' that involved seeing, hearing and talking to the 'spirits' of the departed.

A few years ago, I watched a movie truly captures the spirit of what I went through during that stage in my life.

The movie is about a dentist who has a NDE and awakens with the same ablity I had. There is one scene in the movie that had me rolling on the floor laughing. His awaken in the middle of the night and surrounded by 'ghosts' - all out to get him to pass on messages to a loved one due to unfinished business. I felt who ever wrote this movie knew what they were writing about - because this very scene happened to me many times.

It would come and go and I didn't know that I was controlling it on a mental level. It would just happen and 'shock' me silly. (You see this alot in the movie as well.)

During the first 6 months - it was overload. I could be driving down the street and the 'lights' would come on in my mind and it would light up the 'hidden spirits' and there were times I felt there were more spirits roaming the streets - than living human beings.

I had a few 'spirit guides' at the time - and they made the reference several times,

"They are in transition."

There were several different stages, phases - or degrees to the transition. Some where in the process of being close to loved ones, some had unfinished business - and some where lost.

I recall one incident where I was 'guided' to a night club. I was only 18 and I raised up to avoid such 'sleazy' dives at this one was. The incident that stands out in my mind was a 'lost spirit' who hadn't fully accepted his 'death' or demise yet and was what I called 'latching on.' I was told that the spirit (or ghost) had died an alcoholic and the craving for liquor was still attached to his 'thinking process' as a spirit. I guess it was one alcoholic to another - because when the living person got 'tipsy' and intoxicated - that is when the 'latching' accrued. I was told a 'normal person' (not under the influence) wouldn't have allowed the 'latching on' process - but it was due to a weakness in their own craving (and intoxication) that led to the 'latching' on.

Some where good, some where bad and some where just lost in transition.

One thing the movie depicts is the dentist getting caught talking to 'mid-air' or an 'invisible entity.' This never happened to me - because they don't speak in verbal sense. It is a form of 'physic' communication. You don't have to move your lips or utter a verbal sound for them to 'hear' your thoughts toward them. I could be standing next to several humans and several spirits. The humans would never hear anything I was communicating with the 'spirits of the departed.' People would see me 'lost in a daze' sort of look and I would put my finger up to 'shush' them while the 'spirit' next to me finished what it was 'talking' to me about. I finally put my foot down and forbid 'spirits' from trying to speak to me while I was engage in 'human conversation' with other people. This worked with 'strangers' but the 'spirits' of my departed friends - would interrupt me a great deal. I would just ignore them for being rude about it.

Sincerely,

DKing

8. argonne1918

Your niece is obviously "gifted". She needs to be encouraged. This ability is often inherited. Maybe someone can have her draw what she is seeing? Start keeping a journal. Here is another forum you and/or her mother can check out and get more info.

9. SkyeSpitfire

Dking, I was wondering how long it was after your NDE that you started to have these experiences?

Argonne, thank you for your input - it hadn't crossed my mind that my niece may be 'gifted' as I thought all toddlers were able to do this? At least, that's what I read somewhere. But what you say would make sense - it seems to affect the females in my family as my mum, my sister and myself all have odd experiences one way or another.

10. dking777

It was 1978 and hard to remember the exact time line - but it was just a matter of a few days. My NDE was in March and a co-worked (17 y/o) had died in January. His spirit was the first one I had contact with. It was like an avalanche after that. I would wake up in the middle of the night to find his spirit sitting in a chair by my bed. The scene in the movie where the spirit says to the dentist, "Did we catch you at a bad time" - reminds me of my friends spirits. I didn't blame the contacts on my NDE. I blamed them on him. I thought he was scrounging the neighborhood bringing all these 'new friends' (spirits) to my place to ask me to do the same thing for them that I had done for my co-worker. To pass messages to the loved ones left behind.

Sincerely,

DKing

11. SkyeSpitfire

Ah OK! I was wondering because I was curious to know if there was a specific time frame between people's NDE's and their experiences. NDE's must be the gateway and once it's been opened it can't be shut? That's how I understand it.

12. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

This is a little tidbit of my Special Olympics Ambassador speeches that tie to my spiritual experience.

I have Autism. So what is Autism? Autism is a disorder that has many characteristics and each Autistic person has their own experience with how they deal with their disability but, in my case, I can’t filter out the millions of different sensory stimuli that we all experience every day. When I was 18 months old I learned to block out about 90% of what was going on around me, I stopped talking. I had a hard time interacting with my family and I wouldn’t play with my toys like other kids would but, I would line the toys up in patterns. I would throw mega tantrums because I couldn’t communicate and I was frustrated.When I was diagnosed back in 1996 the doctors told my parents that I would probably need to be institutionalize by the time I was a teenager. The doctors weren’t even expecting that I would be able to talk.

When I moved in with my Step-Dad in 1997, we were in an 19th century schoolhouse Cabin up in a nano river on the Port Angeles/Olympic National Forest border. We used to have horses and I even had a Welsh/Arabian mix pony. There was a band of farmers from the 50's who met tragic ends there but the spirits never seemed to mention them to me because it was not age appropriate. Some past away in a death bed and one of them had an accident with the cables while he was trying to fix his car and squashed him :( . It's been so long that i forgot their names sadly. But I will never forget the time where we were playing and one of them was saying "Oh put this hat on Shelby";my Manchester Terrier (1992-2007) and she shook her head and the cap flew while she was slamming her tail to the wall wagging.:rolleyes:

Mom and Dad had a similar experience because one of them tended to troll them by blocking the pipe way and there was no clog.

I never said my first word until I was 4 when my step dad got me to say “may I have a chip please” by having me repeat each word after him. Soon after, we left the property in 1998 to move to Seattle and eventually in the 8th grade met Children Ghosts named Georgia and Arnie who lived oddly a couple years before the construction of the house. Georgia I believe past away on a bed and Arnie was apparently murdered. One night they were speaking a cry for help and I don't know if it was coincidence but the 19th century cabin got trashed with broken computers and we never went hunting sense since we also used to hunt in the area in my pre-Middle School days.

On April 3rd, 2010, my German Shepard; Morgan (1993-2010) passed away from old age. After she past away, we got to Dad's Semi-Truck from the vet and I felt and unusual energy in the other side of the back seat

13. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

You need help Skye, you are indeed psychic.

A portal welcome to my world.

I get mostly animals coming through.

And some human ghosts as well.

One that is constant is what call the perfume lady.

I have never seen her but smell her perfume.

just happened smell her again on friday

I think Skye, somewhere in families background you had

few psychics in your family. You should ask questions

in opened minded family members you may get some answers.

Shutting door is not easy I can focus at times

to shut the door it takes some kind of

positive images i put in my mind a beach, being in large meadow all alone.

The door can easily force it's way open.

14. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

We're still trying to get around to uploading our sound files from our ghostly recordings. Everything else seems to get in the way. However, we briefly had an angry spirit in our garage. This wasn't one of our regulars. It felt very much like an intruder. It had taken up residence over by the exterior garage door, and you couldn't walk into the garage without feeling that seething anger hitting you full on. The cats, who sleep in the garage, became terrified to go out there. Unfortunately, since they get too rambunctious at night, they have to go out.

One morning as I got up and got dressed I heard a crash from the garage. This wasn't unusual as the cats would sometimes knock things over as they charged for the door to come in in the morning. I opened the door and only one cat came running in, Scout, who had an injured ear. The other cats were hunched up on the clothes dryer staring wide-eyed at the spot where the spirit was residing. Suddenly they all bolted into the house. Scout's ear swelled up quickly and we took him to the vet. The cartilage was broken. Back home we saw nothing out of place in the garage.

Suddenly that angry feeling came on like a storm. It was an aimless fury full of nothing but hate. I stood in the garage and asked "What do you want? How can I help?" I thought that maybe a lost soul was in need of help. What I got was an increased wave of hate. Whatever it was wanted nothing more than to hate... and to hurt. I thought about Scout's ear and asked "Did you do this?" I got a sudden twisting feeling in my gut.

I opened up. I focused very strongly on a blast of bright white light and let it explode throughout the garage with a strong "Get out!" I made sure that I communicated a rage over what had happened to my cat, and that this spirit had picked the wrong house to haunt. I felt a rush of negative energy leave the garage.

Our garage is back to being its usual hang-out for our better-natured spirits. As for Scout, his ear is better and the cats don't fear the garage anymore.

15. argonne1918

Maybe you should go into the "ghostbusting" business.LOL

16. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

Lately I've been seeing orbs hovering over my face upon waking up. They are different colors and shapes and usually fly away and disappear after a couple seconds of waking.

Someone also died in my apartment and late at night when I am sitting at my computer I see shadows out of the corner of my eye on the wall (which is close to me). I see things behind my shoulder and hear things sometimes that are not people, animals, or normal house noises. I honestly don't get the feeling that there is a ghost in my house of the person who died here. He was old and it was his time to go. I do think I am being visited by other spiritual entities, however.

17. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

It's sounds as if you might be having visits from entities, but they are "good" ones. The colored orbs sound pretty, and non-threatening, almost as if they are taking care of you while you sleep. Do you feel any sense of threat?

18. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

LOL! We had hoped it would move along on its own, but once it hurt one of my cats, it was time to serve the eviction notice!

19. SkyeSpitfire

Hi Shadows - the women in my family tend to have these abilities - while the males seem to be complete skeptics! Funny how that's worked out. But none of the females seem to get it as strong as I do.

Last night I moved back into my room on the top floor and I had a terrible nightmare at about 3:15am - I haven't had a nightmare like that in a while. I just remember this man screaming as though he was being tortured because his children were about to be killed. I woke up and was shaking for ages - couldn't get his screams out of my head.. I had never heard anything like it before. Didn't end up going back to sleep. But there was an awful cold feeling in the room when I woke and I'm certain something was there.

As well as this, I'd recently had to block an incoming curse from a female who despises me. Seems to all be kicking off again in the new year.

20. dking777

When this sort of paranormal experiences was at its height in the early 80's for me - I would allways 'test the spirit.' That is what my Grandfather called it. They were used to me from my childhood 'seeing' and 'conversing' with spirit - but as a child I had a way of assuring them it was from a 'divine' source and through a 'divine authority.'

I wasn't religious, nor did I have a superstitious mindset. I was just curious after the age of 18. My family, (on the other hand) had a religious attitude and some of them bordered on superstition at times. I can recall a conversation I had with one of the 'ghostly spirits' when it showed up for a visit and I was fully awake sitting alone in my house.

"I have done had a long talk with my Grandpa about you fellows showing up like this. They is thinking you all are some sort of outlaws. Breaking the law and up to no good with it. They say God has done wrote out some laws concerning this sort of thing and feel it is going against God. I can't carry on conversations with you until it is proven to me and my mind that God is approving of this sort of thing. Otherwise, this is my last conversation with you - friend or no friend."

The spirits I dealt with - all said this was the right thing to do. I got the impression from many conversations (in spirit) that just as there are good people and bad people - so to - are there 'good spirits' and 'bad spirits' and caution had to be used when approached by any 'spirit' that was outside a body - or any spirit of any kind who wanted to have any sort of communication with the living.

My Grandfather said all I had to do was tell him it had been proven to my mind. He said nothing I could or would say about how it was proven to me - would be valid proof for him, so - he trusted me enough to give him my word on it.

The spirits used a word I thought was odd. They said there were spirits out to 'molest' the living. I looked up the word and it means to cause hurt, injury, harm or pain. I was made aware by my family as well as the 'spirits' themselves that not all paranormal activity was for the sake of good.

Sincerely,

DKing