Hi Jack E. A few points

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I've not been reading the forum much since you joined Jack E so I only read your various topics today. I found them interesting but I have a few things to say about what you believe qualifies pl memories and your overall hubris [IMO] in thinking the goal should be mastery over death.

Firstly you say a qualifying factor should be that the memory was present in childhood. I got my first memories at age 36 so I guess that rules me out.

Secondly you have implied that an FPL claim should be dismissed as at best erroneous. Why? What methodology have you used to arrive at this conclusion? Are famous people so special that they don't reincarnate?

Also you seem to be saying that people who don't have pl memories must be brand new souls? How have you arrived at this conclusion? If one doesn't remember a drunken night out does that mean that it didn't happen?

As for your posts, I realise myself you may be threading a dangerous path. I myself have always been analytical and try to be as objective as possible. The reason I was downloaded with so many disturbing memories at 36 was because I was egotistical enough to think that I could claim mastery over my own destiny and intellectualise the spiritual through methodical empiricism.

I got slapped down for my sins. Mortal man is not designed to be able to handle ultimate knowledge IMO. My attempts to master it resulted in my experiencing something hellish that went beyond insanity and as a result I have chronic PTSD from it.

Science doesn't have all the answers IMO. Some things are beyond analysis.

Eva1942 likes this.
  2. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma..

Hi Jim!! :)

This is true for me. I had the smallest inkling of memory when I was four years old then it all sort of was “forgotten” about from the age of seven until I was 27-28. I had your obligatory ‘imaginary friend’ but that was considered normal in childhood and I also had your obligatory ‘odd interests’ in secondary and high school, but who didn’t?

I agree with you, some people have no recollection of their past lives until later in life. I feel that before we reincarnate we ‘choose’ when to remember. It can be when we are a child or when we are an adult.

If that was the case, then I would not be here. After my two FPL’s in Ancient Egypt (I’ve probably had a few more since then but don’t remember), then my soul should be with my 90 year old mummied Pharaoh in the museum in Cairo. We all need to experience different sides both famous and non famous.

But I do agree with you. I’m curious to the reasoning as well.

Finally! Someone who shares my same viewpoint! ;) People place so much emphasis on Science that it does and will not have all the answers. Just like people place so much emphasis on DNA testing.

Nice to see you back,
    Eva x

3. Sheeply

Sheeply Active Member

In defence of what Jack said about famous past lives:

The problem with famous past lives is that for certain famous individuals there is tons of information out there about their life. So it is hard from a scientific point of view to rule out the possibility someone read an article/book etc on that individual and forgot (crypto amnesia I think?). Or whether a child was exposed to material about this famous person (like the case of the boy who thought he was J F Kennedy, Which turned out to be because of his parents admiration rather than an actual past life, they convinced him he was)

Also for famous past lives from far back in history, even if you remember something different from what historians say, there often isn’t a way to prove you’re right either as the information has been lost.

He’s not saying they’re false. He’s just saying from a strict scientific point of view they’re hard to “prove” so are not as valuable as evidence from someone who recalled the life of someone whose life is not readily available.
    I suppose one way to prove it would be to recall a famous persons private life as it tends to differ from what was written in books or in films. If you could remember a secret affair or business meetings, for example, then meet up with someone who knew them personally when they were alive and confirm it with them.

Hope this helps :)

Small edit-
    Also about the adults remembering information:

Again this comes down to the crypto amnesia problem. It is hard for an external person who doesn’t have your memories to rule out that you didn’t once read a book or watched a short film about that time which you may have forgotten about. Generally you can’t say for certain whether you have or you haven’t because we do so many things it’s hard to remember all the books or shows we’ve watched.
    That’s not saying your memories are false. I find that with this sort of think you have to experience it to believe it. It’s just that for a scientist compiling evidence to prove to the public and the uninformed, it’s hard to explain cases that are not 100% solid, if you get what I mean. It’s easier to prove a 2 year old hasn’t read a book on the lives of peasants in the 1800s than an 40 year old educated adult, for example.

But on the plus side, the evidence of the kids remembering stuff suggests (to me at least) that some our adult memories could be real rather than fantasy, which is great :))

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    tanker and fireflydancing like this.
  4. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Sheeply. Thanks for your reply.

I agree. There's tons of information but there are parameters that can be used with adult recall IMO.

Unfortunately all my remembered lives are too far back in time to find someone still living who knew them personally but I will endeavour to illustrate my own case to convey what I mean.

http://reincarnationforum.com/threads/what-is-a-king.8487/

I read about history when I was very young in school ( I didn't take it in senior cycle though. I chose geography ) so I learned the bare bones about medieval Ireland. Also the main book about that life The Lion Of Ireland is a fictionalised account and I definitely never read it. I was into music and film growing up. Those are the books I read. I had zero interest in medieval Ireland.

If you read the link I provided you can see that the details of my memories go far beyond anything one would find in a school history book. For instance we learned how people dressed back then but we didn't learn that people didn't always dress like that as my memory illustrated.

In that case the question must be asked "Did I pick it up in some other way?" How? Its a visual memory and no films have been produced about that period. I never saw a documentary on that period either.

But of course one could say I saw a documentary and have forgotten. Only I know I didn't.

Yet that comes back to your point about having memories that differ from history. As you can see in the link I do have such a memory and to find validation of it I had to go college sources and contemporary accounts that went far beyond anything a child would learn in school.

I don't have a college education. I'd never read a college paper of any sort in my life until someone asked me for more details of my memories. I wasn't expecting them to be validated because I'm not a medieval scholar. I'm just an average bloke who described some of his memories.

Of course one could say my claim is tainted because I'm from the same country in both lives and dismiss it but how do you explain this?

http://reincarnationforum.com/threads/a-16th-century-life.7127/

I knew zero about that country or its history. I got that memory in 2015 and it wasn't until this year that I uncovered anything of note that indicated it could be real.

How could a twenty first century Irishman who didnt take history as a subject as a teen and doesn't have a college education remember an incident on a Manila Galleon hundreds of years ago? The only exposure I had to centuries old seafaring were the Pirates Of The Carribbean films and I don't remember overrunning a skeletal crew.

Sheeply likes this.
  5. Sheeply

Sheeply Active Member

Well said! Thanks for posting your memories, I’ll read them when I get home.
    I was just outlining where I think Jack is coming from.
    Personally I believe a lot of the adult posts on here are, in my opinion, genuine. You’re right that memories like these don’t seem to come from anything you’ve watched or read or learn about. Like how I had a dream about ancient japan without not having read or watched anything about it (the only anime I’ve watched is futuristic stuff X3).

I don’t know if my dream was a memory or just a dream but I believe adults can have past life memories too. Certainly makes sense to me that we should be able to.
    I personally think that adults have trouble remembering it because we have learnt so much about what the “real” world is meant to be like so we block it out. That’s what I’ve read from other people anyway... but who knows?

I’ll add more when I read your memories! :)

6. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Sometimes we just know things, although I will say that people who claim to have a famous PL should probably get a second opinion just to be sure.

Like you, I don't have a college education and my knowledge of England was pretty limited prior to discovering my past life there in the 1600s. In school I was really only taught about England in relation to American history specifically and a little bit of Elizabethan England (which ironically was just prior to my existence then).

There's no way I would have known about the English civil war because we never talked about it nor have I seen any documentaries about it, but I was able to pinpoint my past life right to it.

Jim78 and Sheeply like this.