How Does Aspergers Fit Into Reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by TheCuriousOne, Dec 12, 2014.

1. TheCuriousOne

TheCuriousOne Always Searching...

And how does it affect regressions?

I have aspergers and I am thinking this may either be the reason why I seemingly can't remember, or it may be the key to my past lives.

Symptoms that support reincarnation (with interpretations in parenthesis):

* Narrow, obsessive interests (remembering past life career)

* Odd speech patterns and vocal tone (past life accent or archaic speech patterns)

* Rigid schedules and movements (possibly military, especially with the rigid movements, they may be remembering marching styles)

Symptoms that can make the search slower and more frustrating:

* Inability to make eye contact (many PL relationship discoveries are made after the two lock eyes)

* Literal or overly logical thinking (I always go by the motto "If just one detail doesn't match my regression, I will throw the whole life out the window and assume it was all made up")

* Trouble identifying metaphors (I'm sure many a past life dream has fallen into the abyss of forgetfulness because I wasn't able to pick out any possible PL details)

* Little or no imaginative play as a child (and therefore, no room for PL reenactments)

As for me, I was diagnosed at age three. Before that, I was reading at a third grade level and I could memorize entire books (but they were kiddie books like Goodnight Moon, not Shakespeare LOL). But I think my parents may have contributed as they taught me to read using flash cards when I was 1 year old.

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Aspergers is similar to autism, isn't it? I've read that many people with Asperger's seem to have strong psychic abilities. I think past life memories would be a part of that. Do you know who Alan Turing was? There is a new movie coming out about him in a few weeks. There are several excellent BBC documentaries on YouTube about him. He was a mathematical genius. But people who knew him in the 1940s said he had the symptoms of Aspergers'. Alan Turing was the one who figured out how to break the German codes during WWII, Enigma and the more important but less well know "Tunney" or Lorentz radio-teletype code. Gen. Eisenhower said Touring's work shortened the War by at least two years. But because it was all kept secret after the War no one knew who he was until just a few years ago.

3. Phthalo

Phthalo Senior Registered

I'm not very keen on the idea of trying to match up Aspergers with reincarnation. It reminds me of things I've read about mental illnesses and reincarnation that blatantly ignore many other factors that contribute to them (genetics, brain chemistry, life experience). I'm not saying that they're the same thing or that Aspergers as the same causes, but they're both very misunderstood things and it makes me feel like it's muddling the waters.

Things like obsessive interests could be related to past life occupations, but I think that's similar to how everyone else can have random interests that are also supposed to be related to past lives, it's just a different extent.

These are just my personal opinions, though. ;)

The discussion of how some symptoms can make research about past lives more frustrating is very interesting, and what you're saying makes sense (especially if it's based on your own experience, as I don't have Aspergers) and I can see where you're coming from. Hopefully, more people will contribute to the discussion with their own experiences.

Those things don't have to make it impossible, though. There may be ways to get around it, for instance, if you think it would help you to look for metaphors in dreams, you can try to write down the dreams you remember and ask about them here if you think there might be a recurring pattern.

Not all methods work the same for everyone, Aspergers or no. Even people who don't have Aspergers have different methods that work or don't work for them. For every person that reports an experience about looking into the eyes of another person, there are many others who don't experience that sort of thing. I don't know how common it is, but I too am prone to doubting "memories" if there are any details that don't seem to be historically accurate.

I'm not dismissing your struggles with your searches, just encouraging you to try to find methods that work for if even if some don't, for any reason :) I hope your searches are helpful to you.

4. TheCuriousOne

TheCuriousOne Always Searching...

I know who Alan Turing is, however, I only know of him because of the Turing test.

A lot of autistic/asperger people are also savants, hence the name "autistic savant". I believe this falls under the same category as child prodigies, in that they are utilizing past life talents/knowledge.

5. Phthalo

Phthalo Senior Registered

I'm sorry for deleting my other post in this thread. I'll try to reconstruct what I said and I'd like to make it very clear that these are just my opinions. It's not my intention to step on any toes or start an argument, I'm only trying to add my thoughts to this discussion. :)

The idea of Aspergers (and symptoms like odd speech patterns or rigid schedules) being directly related to a past life makes me uncomfortable. It reminds me too much of similar theories I've read about mental illness. I know that Aspergers is not considered a mental illness, but both are things that are very much misunderstood. I don't think it's helpful to muddle the waters by bringing past lives into this very much. It's a slippery slope and I'd thread carefully there.

Things like obsessive interests could point to occupations in other lives, but only in the sense that some of the interests of people who don't have Aspergers also could, with the only difference being the extent of those interests.

Of course, anyone who feels like they would benefit from (or simply have an interest in) researching their past lives should do it. However, it's also important that people don't get so caught up in it that they lose sight of the present day and everything in it.

The discussion of how Aspergers can affect past life research is much more interesting in my opinion, and something that would be helpful to talk about. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this, especially more experiences from people who have Aspergers.

TheCuriousOne, the methods you've listed aren't the only methods people can use to research their past lives and they're not effective for everyone. For every person who posts an experience about looking into the eyes of someone and remembering a past life, there's one person (or more) who has never experienced that. I don't have Aspergers and I too tend to doubt when something seems to be historically inaccurate, even if it's small (that can even be a good thing sometimes). There are more methods you can try, according to what works best for you.

Maybe it's also possible for you to find ways around those obstacles. For example, if you think that dreams would help you but yours tend to be symbolic, you can try to write down the dreams you remember (even when they seem irrelevant) and try to look for patterns. If you're having trouble with metaphors in those dreams, you can post here and ask people for help.

Ultimately, if your goal in trying to learn more about your past lives is to understand your present life better, even things that seem inaccurate can be helpful. Even if those aren't real memories or even if you doubt them, they can still be something that your brain is trying to tell you to pay attention to, like a fear or hope you may have.

I don't have Aspergers and I'm not trying to talk for anyone. I'm not trying to discredit you or offend you. My post is intended to be helpful, and tell you to not lose hope even when you're having trouble with some of the common methods people describe on this forum. :) I hope your research works out well and that you find a method that works for you.

6. RedSeafish

RedSeafish New Member

Autism/Aspergers runs in my family...this is a legit question. I believe we have lived many past lives/old souls...possibly very traumatic. We have carried over the good and bad...still need some healing from those lives.That would explain the depression and other rigid characteristics we had as infants on an energy level. I have had psychic abilities since infancy, most of which I ignored as I got older and forgot how to use. I knew how energy worked...I know the paranormal is normal on a science level...we just dont understand or have the knowledge yet. I believe I have also carried over these traits from suffering in past lives. Thats my opinion though.

7. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

8. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

That's an interesting article, Demi. I have an Asperger's son with learning disabilities. When he was a child he was diagnosed as PDDNOS (Persuasive Development Disorder, Not Otherwise Specified). No matter which way its spun, he's in the Autistic Spectrum. I have never been sure if its past life related or not.

9. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Basically everything is past life related in some way. However, these disorders do seem to be more common these days than they once were. Is it because they're being diagnosed more? Perhaps.

But what else has changed in modern times? Is it because we've done something to our food? I've been reading various accounts that we've put so many poisons into the food chain that it's doing bad things to our guts, which in turn messes up a whole lot of other biological processes, of which the brain is a very important one. A lot of pesticides are designed to attack the gut of an insect, so if quantities build up in the food chain, that just can't be a good thing. Also, a lot of our food these days is lacking in nutritional value. Even leaving out the amount of junk food and sugar that people consume, our soils are becoming depleted and food lacks the vitamins and minerals it once had.

I don't know what future studies will find, but I do know it can't be good to put so many poisons on our food without really understanding the long term effects, or to produce food that looks good and keeps well on the shelf, but lacks flavour and nutritional value. There's increasing evidence to suggest that the rise in 'gluten intolerance' is actually pesticide intolerance for instance, as most wheat is thoroughly drenched in the stuff, especially in the USA. A lot of people have begun experimenting with organic diets and found that it seems to help.

http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/010713p46.shtml

This is not the first time that a whole civilization might be poisoning itself without realising. There's good reason to believe that some of the madness that took hold of the Roman 'upper classes' towards the end was due to lead poisoning. They were the ones who had running water into their houses from lead pipes and drank from pewter goblets, made from lead. The poor who drank from wooden or clay cups and had to fetch water from the well did not suffer so much from it.

Ancient Rome's tap water contaminated by lead

10. RedSeafish

RedSeafish New Member

I agree with you 110% sweetheart! You so wise<3 Even as a small child I knew I was different...but the food and processing/dairy/ect is not healthy is affecting our psychological and mental state as well as our physical. We should be eating straight from the earth. I think our traits are becoming magnified and muffled from our food base not being healthy and its affecting our lives. Yes, I think us Aspergers would still be a bit weird, genius, difficult, lonesome and odd...but I think we would be on higher levels of functioning if our food came straight from the earth like it is suppose to be, without being tampered with. We are the only species who takes milk from other animals, past infancy. We dont need milk. We get enough vitamin D from the sun and other vegetables. This processed food, milk, flour, sugar, ect, is not natural to eat. Why does much of our society suffer from depression, anxiety, mental disorders, cancer, neurological, emotional and everything under the sun? Its the poison we are feeding into our bodies. We have to eat from the earth to replace the cells that die everyday, to keep our brain and heart, as well as other organs functioning at its best. If we are not eating right, our cells do not replace, they die off and cancer starts to form, turning the cells against itself. We have go to get back to the basics and trust that everything we need, everything we have evolved from, is right here on this earth. Thats why we have survived from evolution for so long. Its all here, we just need to eat foods that grow from the sunlight and come straight from the earth.

11. RedSeafish

RedSeafish New Member

Its ok to have fast food and these other foods, once in awhile. But it is not that way, we are eating fast food and bad food every day. It started during the Great Depression when money was scarce and then afterwards when our economy started getting better...fast foods started popping up and then more jobs, more people started working, including women. There is not enough time to cook healthy or eat healthy. It is too tempting to stop by one of the thousands of fast food restaurants that have cut out any real nutrition to save money on the menu..to keep up with our busy lives and to afford things we really dont need.

12. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

I have had several autistic specter problems since getting ill as an adult in the 70s.. With my symptoms I ahve become more acutley aware of the stressors in my life because of the irritation/ inflammation going on due to poor genetics that just cannot handle the assaults of our modern times. And so was perhaps more aware of triggers I have not processed .

I have done some healing and hope to do more with treating for environmental assaults on my system. I feel we are like the canary in the coal mine showing what we are doing to our world through bad judgements.

I believe it is not important what your life path is .. it is just what you do with it in the end.

13. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Long term memory abilities / Aspergers

Can it be speculated that strong long-term memory abilities (sometimes associated with Aspergers) be a plus in possible past-life recall?

For example, strong memories of specific childhood moments- at an age where potential memories of PLs are thought to be apparent.

14. Sisley

Sisley Impressionist artist

From an Aspie

Curious,

I can try to answer your Q as being an Aspie myself. I lived with it all along until its formal Dx in 2003. I was 48 then.

To start I still remember applying a lot of imagination to my daily life as a child and I even drew my own comic strips. Then too I am an artist with vocational karma.

In my case it was a "take-on" planned before birth and the experience came with more complications than I care to admit. For much of my life I questioned it but when I think about it it had its purpose and its reasons if we didn't see it at the time. Today I wouldn't trade it for the universe.

It must be an Aspie's methodical antics keen sense of perception that might make us more psychically inclined than average. It is this level of awareness that gives the opportunity to more easily bring closure to all aspects of the karmic past.

It is also interesting to note that art historians have described Alfred Sisley as being "naturally different" and that he "had neighbors that found him a bit odd". To me that seems to read like a "Sheldon".

15. Ghost of Gumby

Ghost of Gumby Hi, Friends : )

My son is autistic and I know how this can affect behavior. I do think that the autism, and in your case, aspergers, is not carried on when the soul is reincarnated. I think that it is a condition which is operant in the brain cells and chemistry of the mind. So as such, I can't see how it could be passed on in reincarnation. In the case of my son's autism, it is difficult to assess. He does not express his thoughts to well, and does not tell anyone about dreams. That is not to say that he does not dream, I think that he does. I have never heard him say anything about a PL. I will attempt to see if I can delve into his mind set and see if these memories are there, but I must say that is a big undertaking as getting into an autistic child( my son is 23, but still think of him as a child ) mind is a challenge. I would like to discover more about this intriguing mannerism.

16. AOSpare

AOSpare Zos Kia Cultus

I agree with Gumby..

Illness in the physical also exist in the Astral, I think. But that is where it stops...soul and spirit is somewhat removed from this equation. Albeit some consider our Astral=soul and spirit everlasting...but I think at reincarnation your spirit is that travels and your soul slowly parts from it when you pass on.

17. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

Yes this is most I interesting, I'm autistic myself and am quite curious how I would place in the karma scale in the link and not sure what to make of it.

Almost all of my cousins have Autism Aparantly and a good chance future generations in the family will have it also.

18. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I found this last night and sent it to my sister, who has a son with Aspergers.

19. Twilight

I think it kind of depends on the person, in my case yes I agree that there are sensory differences but instead of a gooey feel, my pain threshold get screwed up; in some areas I'm more sensitive and some areas I'm less sensitive compared to a nerotypical.

But interesting observation on her part :)

20. Marc Ross

Long-term memories

Hello

Strong long-term memory abilities are far more likely to be associated with Aspergers than even the slightest notions of possible psychic abilities.

Long-term memories abilities (esp. in childhood) are what's important here; hence mention of psychic abilities seems like an esoteric (sometimes interesting) distraction!

Why are long-term memory abilities receiving such scant mentions?

Marc

21. Twilight

I'm about others but before I came here, I had to hold back my memories dreading that others might think I'm faking it.

22. Marc Ross

Aspergers / possible PL memories.

Hello,

Has anybody with Aspergers determined specifically who they were in a past-life? Did this past-life possibly have Aspergers, or was the PL neurotypical?

Having Aspergers myself, I cannot help but imagine what I would feel if I ever do discover my PLs identity e.g., If my PL was neurotypical, what it's like to experience life from neurotypical perspectives? How would this influence my current life?

Marc