How We Perceive Past Life Memories

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by tiltjlp, Aug 20, 2006.

?

How We Perceive Past Life Memories

1. Meditation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hearing Voices

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Past Life Dreams

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Self-guided Regression

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Professional Regression

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Spontaneous Experiences

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Imprinting/Instant Knowing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I think it would be quite interesting to know the different ways we recall our PL memories. It will give us a chance to see which methods seem involved the most. This one is pretty cut and dried, and you can vote for as many choices as you would like. Comments are always welcome . . . so how many ways do you recall your past life memories? While I may not have listed every possible way to recall our PL memories, I think I included to more standard ones.

As for me, I have recalled my Past Life memories through meditation, Imprinting/Instant Knowing, and PL dreams. Imprinting/Instant Knowing is basically an Instant Transfer sort of thing. Kind of like having a file downloaded onto your computer. You still have to figure it out, but you get all the information at once.

John

2. lolly_past

lolly_past New Member

hi, my pl memories mostly come from pl dreams,instant knowing,and spontanous experiences.:) . bye,from,lolly_past,:) . (p.s.-this is a good thread!:thumbsup: .)

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

Interesting poll, John.

I checked almost everything on the list except self-guided regression and hearing voices.

Although I did have a couple of dreams several years ago, and i underwent regression earlier this year, for me it's mostly spontaneous memories, triggered by something internal or external.

Phoenix

4. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Thanks for your comments. Anyone else willing to explain the ways they access their PL memories?

John

5. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

There are a few ways I have experienced pl that are not listed. Memories triggered by touch with an individual. Memories that surfaced during body work, and memories that surfaced in the state of awareness that is in-between sleep and being awake. Right before falling to sleep.

Also - for me- I go into the Light in all cases listed in your poll except hearing voices. Can you explain more what you mean by hearing voices as they relate to Past Life memories and experiences?

6. Reynardine

Reynardine Senior Registered

This really is a very interesting thread! Thank you for starting it, John!

Deborah, I think I know what "Hearing voices" means because that happened to me, too, twice; in one case it was suddenly hearing a voice say the words "De Witte Leeuw" in my ear/head (as I've described in the Eighty Years' War thread) and the other time it happened while I was listening to the Steeleye Span song "Lanercost". All of a sudden I heard the same kind of voice say "Deus adiuva me", which is Latin for "God help me". I looked up those words and found that they're from a psalm (Psalm 69, to be exact) and that they once were part of the old Catholic Latin liturgy. I have never heard a Mass read in Latin, since I was raised Lutheran and the Catholic Masses I attended were all held in German, so there was no possibility of me knowing those words, even though I had immediately known the Lord's Prayer, Hail Mary and Agnus Dei by heart when we learned them in our Latin class...

But I'm digressing, sorry! While discussing that second experience with a very dear friend with whom I've shared several lifetimes she reminded me of something that had happened in my Will Kempe life. Posting that here would mean going off-topic too much, so I'll post the story in that thread, if you're interested to hear it ;)

My memories are usually spontaneous as well; meditation doesn't work for me, I usually fall asleep...very annoying!

7. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I also checked everything else besides hearing voices.

I mostly get information through dreams and then I use sometimes self-guided regressions to dig deeper with past lives I already know something about. So these two are my main sources.

I've been to a professional regressionist once, but I did get memories, so I included that, too. I have also had some spontaneous flashes, images while meditating and information I "just know" intuitively.

One should be very careful with this one, but it's also possible to hear about your past lives from someone else - a trustworthy medium or a friend that has shared past lives with you. But the best way is to experience by yourself, of course!

Karoliina

8. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Reynardine explained it probably better than I can. I sometimes hear a voice, always the same voice, that isn't my inner voice. It's usually just a word or two, but a few times has been a phrase. I always write it down, and every time it has helped me to better understand a dream I've had, or helps me with a problem in my life now. Sorry I didn't include more choices, I included the ones I experience, as well as the ones I remember reading about here. Thanks for all the wonderful replies.

John

9. Nerthus

Nerthus Senior Registered

It's been a long time

Hello,
    It has been a long time since I said a word on here, but something set me on the trail gain last night. In the poll I answered all the above except professional regression. My first came to me in dreams when I was small, also daydreams, visions of which still many, many years later get the confermation of what, who, where and when.
    One of the eras I look at is too the 20's to very, very early 30's. In my eternal serch I even went to new York a few years ago to some gain answers. Some came, but last night I have now narrowed it down to two area's Bronx or Staten Island. As years past I doubted it a little, because the information just did not fit the traditional picture, then wallop it gets narrowed down, close. When ever that happens it is so powerful, and well just can not describe the feeling.

Sorry for my rambling
    Nerthus

10. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Nerthus,

It's nice to see you back again :D

Ailish

11. Prudence

Prudence

I've experienced all except Professional Regression.

12. oversoul

oversoul Senior Registered

Professional regression is the only way I've experienced pl memories, with two very brief exceptions. These two spontaneous recalls seem more real to me. The professional regression memories are hazy and I think I made them up. Very frustrating, but I'll keep trying; only been doing this for one year (one appt a month).

13. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Again, thanks not only for voting, but also for all the great replies. I'm surprised that more people don't get memories from meditating, and was surprised now many get them through imprinting/instant knowing. It's also nice to know I'm not the only one who hears voices.

John

14. dark rosaleen

dark rosaleen Senior Registered

I've tried regression twice, one guided, once on my own. But the vast majority of my memories are spontaneous. They seem more trustworthy to me, since nothing external could have influenced them.

15. zetascair20086

zetascair20086 New Member

Avatar:My last life Jill Montgomery in 1982
    All of the above. Originally I had mostly sponteneous memories that came as recurring thoughts. I also hear voices in my head I take to be spirit guides. I later used self regression(and progression). Now I primarily receive new memories by professional regression with a therapist. I have past life dreams occasionally, as well as many dreams in the past that, in retrospect, I now realize for what they were. I don't meditate much but sometimes get flashes of insight when relaxed. I've also explored astrology and had readings and impressions done on me that have proved accurate and collaboratory with memories received by the above mentioned methods. It's not the most trustworthy method to start with, but if you have memories first it could be a good way of bolstering confidence in confirming your own memories.

16. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Thanks for your reply zetascair20086, it should be encouraging to new memebers and anyone just starting to explore. This thread is showing that there are many ways to access PL memories, and most of us have received them in a variety of ways. It also helps to know its not that strange to hear voices.

John

17. Amy

Amy Senior Registered

It seems the majority of my information comes from PL dreams and meditation. I also have instances of instant recognition/knowing and have also had brief glimpses of people/places triggered by a smell, or sound, etc.

18. MARGO

MARGO New Member

Mostly I get my PL memory by meditation, and sometimes i just see images, and get this feelings, can't describe, about places, people and i know that we met before, or already been there.

19. I_Love_Cookies!

I_Love_Cookies! Probationary

Meeee tooooo! usually triggered by music and smells.

20. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

This is an interesting poll and I've enjoyed reading the results. :)

I'd love to hear from anyone else who'd like to add in their thoughts and votes!

Ailish :D