• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

I remember choosing this life.

Thank you Briar Rose and, as you state, none of us is qualified to judge the "age" of another's soul.

There are a lot of comments I could make one way and another on this, but I shall just wait with interest to see what OP has to say next after having "judged" both our soul ages (mine harshly and theirs favourably).

I have encountered one Old Soul personally to my knowledge and she would be far too modest to call herself that (if she had the same belief in reincarnation as we do - which she doesn't actually). From looking at her, it looks to me as if modesty is likely to be one of the characteristics of an Old Soul. It's human for us all to want to believe we personally are "special", but ultimately either we all are or none of us are.

Ceridwen said:
it looks to me as if modesty is likely to be one of the characteristics of an Old Soul.
So true, Ceridwen!

I look at measuring "soul age" as one would consider the idea of measuring worlds with a hand ruler. We simply don't have the sense of proportion for it. As a result, the most we can do is stand around comparing others ... to ourselves ... to each other ... and from that all we receive is a sense of the differences between us, which may or may not have to do with soul age.

I'm sure a scientist would quickly become frustrated with me and consider me entirely unprepared to have a "grown-up" conversation, while a fellow-artist might view me as an equal and enjoy talking for weeks on end. *shrug*

You've learned a lot from what you've been through, FraZZleD. I'm glad you found the meaning in what you went through and have been able to use it to encourage others.

Absolutely, Mere Dreamer. I think there are a few people that have existed/do exist on this planet where there would be no dispute between the vast majority of us as to what opinion to have about them - eg Hitler or the current and last leader of poor North Korea.

For the rest, then there are differences of opinion. I am not a Christian (unlike my Old Soul friend), but there is a Christian idea of "the body of Christ" (ie some are the hands, some the feet, some the mind, someone like my friend would be the heart obviously from her nature, and so on). All are constituent parts of that "body" and all have a vital role to play and might "think" differently as to things iyswim.

There are some strains of thought within the world of those believing in reincarnation that I personally do not agree with and we have had debates on those themes on here before now. Whilst disagreeing with some peoples take on this and finding one or two ideas some people have on allied topics personally repugnant, it is their right to think that way. I find it repugnant personally for someone to say "Ah...but anyone who commits suicide, for instance, will have to come back again like it or lump it...no choice about it" but whilst I find that idea repugnant and don't agree with it, it is the right of those people who hold that opinion to have such an opinion on it. Maybe I'm just too political an animal to hold that opinion - as where would the last resort form of protest be if I held that opinion (ie those Buddhist monks we have doubtless all read about who used it as a very public form of protest against the regime they lived under). Ugh and those poor people (including the onlookers) but they had the absolute right to make that decision without being told "You'll be sorrrrrreeee......"

But that's just one example of where we will hold our own personal opinions on things and, if its an opinion we hold strongly, then come up with some facts or "facts" to back us up.

But we are all different and I guess the only thing we can, any of us, state as absolute fact is God is Love - though goodness knows I guess even that could be/has different opinions going on thatLOL and I guess some still think in terms of a vengeful Old Testament style figure throwing thunderbolts around and a bit of hellfire thrown in for good measure.

In fact, come to think of it, I would start my study of history by studying Right Now in depth. If I were to start from a 2014 viewpoint, for instance, I'd be studying what the real reasons were for all the wars my current country (ie Britain) has got into/is still involved in in recent years. So I'd be studying Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, the Falklands. I'd want to know who really wanted those wars to happen and why, so I'd be doing things like studying Tony Blair as a person closely to see why he did this to us (ie dragging us into another war) and so on. I'd study the pressures that arms dealers and the like put on in their attempts to foment wars in order to sell their products etc. I'd study the well-meaning people in the street who believed whatever the current lie was to get us into the current war.

Hmmm...I think I see another possible job for me here in fact - as a Questioner and Truth-Teller/someone who would try to deal with the people responsible for starting wars (persuade them not to/try and "sideline" them into less harmful activities)and lessen their influence on everyone else.

I have an interest in health as well. Health and care for Nature tie-ing in together. As in our modern-day food is WAY less nutritious, as well as the way of eating many people have, and that must be having an effect on peoples thinking and moods and they are more likely to initiate and/or take part in such activities if they aren't thinking and feeling straight because their mind is suffering from a poor diet being fed to their bodies.

It's all interlinked. One big spiders web of this leads to that and helps cause the other.

Think that sounds like One Big Mission - ie trying to find out and work on the root causes of why Society is the way it is (ie the bad aspects of it). Which brings me neatly back to the original reason why I decided reincarnation must be a fact - as I wondered why some people are so obviously more or less advanced than average....and started thinking reincarnation must be an explanation for that fact...

Ceridwen said:
I am not very happy with that comment actually. I respect your right to make it but "newer spirit" as a comment in regard to me making one where, as far as I am concerned, I "know my limitations" is something that....doesn't sit easy with me.
Sorry I didn't get on here sooner to apologize. My dog has two abscess's on his nose and they burst I've been trying to take care of him but with no luck I have to take him in for stiches tomorrow it opened to his nose bone. I also don't get on as much during the days I go to work.

I just want everyone here to know I didn't mean it the way it sounded and I am very sorry it came out that way. I won't make that mistake again.

Sincerely,

FraZZleD

Obie said:
Frazzled, What amazing vivid memories! You definitely are a very evolved, older soul.
I am curious as to how did your roommate who was addicted to heroin help you. I see you helped her get clean, but in what way did she come to your aid like she had promised? She took over paying bill, cooked meals for me, washed my hair because I couldn't use my right hand or arm, she took me to every doctor appointment even taking off work to get me there. Visited me in the hospital every day for hours keeping me up to date on everything going on in the home. Sat by my side just to keep me company every day. Till I got better.

Are you happy to be having your last incarnation? If this is truly my last and I believe it with my soul, yes. I don't know what is in store in the next level, but if it's helping people I would love that. Or would you like to incarnate additional times?

I'm hoping I don't I'd rather help in other ways.

Mere Dreamer said:
So true, Ceridwen!
You've learned a lot from what you've been through, FraZZleD. I'm glad you found the meaning in what you went through and have been able to use it to encourage others.
Thank you Mere Dreamer

When I meet people in pain I wish I could take it all away! I listen to them and let them know I understand. Their hugs of gratefulness just tears my heart up because I want to do so much more for them. I wish I had met someone that understood what I was going through even in pain it would have helped so much just mentally.

Sometimes we know what we mean when we say something, but don't realise it will be "heard" differently by someone else.

It's something we can all of us do at times.

Anyways....we'll move on on that and draw a line.

I finally found 1 other person that remembers choosing their life. Which got me researching again and how I found your community. I was 4 or 5 years old when I first remembered choosing this life. I didn't talk about it much because I've never heard anyone say they remember. So I figured it was a false memory until about a week ago when I read on the internet that another person remembers choosing this life.

What they posted, the details they posted were identical to my memories. So now I was wondering if there are any posts here that I can read. Of anyone saying they remember choosing this life?

I call it Prebirth memories.... or Prebirther. I would like to compare notes to see if they match my memories in any way shape or form. You don't know how happy I was to finally after all these years hear someone else talking about memories I have had.

FraZZleD
I remember someone giving me a choice of which life to live and I thought it was just my imagination... I remember it vividly but Was it really true? I did research and only found this so far...

Hi Fabe,

Welcome to the forum! Have you read any of Michael Newton's books? They are often available in public libraries. (I would strongly suggest reading them in order). The first is also available as an audiobook at Youtube. You should be able to find a good deal of information related to your question there.

Cordially,
S&S

I finally found 1 other person that remembers choosing their life. Which got me researching again and how I found your community. I was 4 or 5 years old when I first remembered choosing this life. I didn't talk about it much because I've never heard anyone say they remember. So I figured it was a false memory until about a week ago when I read on the internet that another person remembers choosing this life.

What they posted, the details they posted were identical to my memories. So now I was wondering if there are any posts here that I can read. Of anyone saying they remember choosing this life?

I call it Prebirth memories.... or Prebirther. I would like to compare notes to see if they match my memories in any way shape or form. You don't know how happy I was to finally after all these years hear someone else talking about memories I have had.

FraZZleD

Hello,

I also remember the moment. I had a reoccurring dream several times as a child as well as other lives. When I choose my life I was with a group of people and we were discussing several lives to choose. I tried choosing other lives but wasn’t allowed to. I remember telling the group why I choose my family and my why. They choose similar lives connected to my family. We were very closely connected but am not sure of the how or why.

Back