I think my son was a knight!

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by nuttynutmeg, Jan 9, 2005.

1. nuttynutmeg

nuttynutmeg New Member

My son spencer is 4 and has been talking about a person-well he says his father Johnny. It had all started when he and his daddy were coming home and he asked why he had 2 dads and johnny was one of them. My hubby said that spencer was obviously confused. He has even drawn pictures of castles and johnny on a horse. I have asked him if he misses him and he said yes,I also asked him where is Johnny and he said in a building. We live in a building and i asked if he lived here and no was the answer. he then said he is in a building behind the castle. He has even told of clothing they wore such as johnny wore a green pants and his mom wore a purple dress and that he had a brother. He told me he remembers dying and that it happened with a sword on his chin. When he was young,under the age of 2 he was able to take the lid off a mcdonald's cup take the straw and make it into a sword. He has always had a very strong passion for sword. Even to this day he will use anything as a sword-and it can be so frustrationg on me because no matter what he has and you take it away he finds somethng else. He has even taken my candle holders apart and used it as wrist guards such as armour. Out of my 3 children he is the only one to have such memories of a past life. When I mentioned this to my inlaws,my father inlaws jaw dropped. he told me that spencer has mentioned to him that johnny was dead. And he thought nothing of it until NOW. He says that now he can see why spencer has such a passion for swords and the like. he has even turned some hanger and elastics into bows and arrows. I find it very intersting and I invite him to talk to us about johnny.I have never told him to stop talking about it. I have told him that a sword is not going to hurt him in this life and that we are very happy to have him here.

2. bishopk

bishopk Senior Registered

Hi Nuttynutmeg and welcome to the forum! It sounds like you're handling the situation fine, especially with letting Spencer know that a sword won't hurt him. Sounds like he may have memories of a life in medieval times. It'd be interesting to get some children's books that describe that era - I've seen some that are very detailed with pictures of weaponry, clothing, etc. You could just show him the pictures and see if anything else comes to mind for him.

Please feel free to read the stickies and the stories about other children in this section - there are some fascinating memories here!

Aimee

3. mertzie

mertzie Senior Registered

My son has a thing for swords, too. His feeling is positive, however. We know of one medieval lifetime when he had the responsibility of recruiting young men and sending them off to the Crusades, but he didn't believe it was right.

Now he loves Lord of the Rings more than any other story because it is so medieval, and there is so much of value to fight for, so different than the Crusades lifetime.

He hates guns. He thinks they are "woosie," and only true combat occurs with swords.

They guys are such throwbacks. ;)

4. Galadriel

Galadriel Senior Registered

My son had a similar reaction to the Last Samuri movie. The final battle scene when the modern army lined up against the Samuri with their swords. My son was incensed, over the fact that it wasn't fair for the guys with guns to fight the people with swords. (He allowed that it would be ok for the guys with the guns to join the fight after they added the bayonets, "as long as they don't shoot the guns, and just use the little swords.")

He has an outlet for his sword fighting tendancies though. We are members of a medieval reenactment group, and they train kids as young as 6 in sword fighting. (There's lots to do even if you aren't interrested in the fighting though.)--I'm not going to start much on that though unless people ask, cause I can talk for hours (pages) on the SCA.

5. mertzie

mertzie Senior Registered

Galadriel - That's cool for your son - the re-enactment exercises.

My son LOVED "The Last Samari" and referred to the last scene, too. It really got to him. I won't watch it because I don't like swords - or guns or anything warlike - but, like you, I respect my son's feelings.

6. nuttynutmeg

nuttynutmeg New Member

We are thinking of taking him to the Royal Ontario Museum in 2 weeks to see if he sees anything that my joggle up some more memories. I have even considered fencing classes for him.