• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

I'd like to be biracial next life.

TheDivineOne

Should've been born a girl...
In this current life, I'm Black. I'm thinking I'd like to be a half-Black, half-Asian female next life; the reason being is that when i was younger i found Asian cultures fascinating for reasons i never understood why. I'm not exactly one of those people who would jump at the first opportunity to explore their past life but for some reason that might be related to that sort, the idea of being Asian just kind of resonates with me. It just feels right to me... as does being Black and as does being a girl. So a year or two ago, when I was writing in my journal about who I'd like to be in my next life, for lack of a better way of phrasing it, this vision of me being reincarnated as a half-Black, half-Asian female excited me... thrilled me... because that's who I would like to be!

This is why I'll always passionately reject this notion that we only live this one life and that's it... because it would be fun to experience this phenomenon called "life" through different perspectives of being, through different races, nationalities, ethnic backgrounds, etc. Out of curiosity, has anyone else experienced this? The feeling that "oh, this so feels like me!" or that fun "I would absolutely LOVE to do, be, have, or experience this next life" feeling? After all, can't things from our past lives directly or indirectly effect our current lives? Or even our current lives effecting our future lives in the same fashion?

As a fun fact, I'm not fluent. I would love to be fluent at some point, but I can speak some Japanese. Japanese is my second language.

I believe that our preoccupation with past and futures lives shouldn't distract us from making the most of our current life. I think it is more important to find why are we here, now, then work toward that reason's fulfillment.

Unfortunately, subscribing to any of the teachings others preach isn't likely to help us on our way in this life. In my opinion, the only way is to get our answers firsthand from a higher source, and that can be accomplished only while being in an altered state of consciousness.

For fun, we can dream / imagine anything. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as it isn't a distraction from pursuing our life's purpose. This is why some teachers recommend even avoiding lucid dreaming / astral projection, to not get sidetracked.

I can’t say I’ve felt the exact same thing. Then again, if I had the choice to come back I don’t think I would. I’m trying to focus on the life I have now as much as I can, and trying to focus on what I can/ want to do with it. I think part of my “life’s purpose” is to straighten out some of this past life business, though. & that’s fine. Another thing, even if I was to choose, it’s not really “me” that’s coming back. It’s just the soul coming back that has my experiences. Anyway

To answer your question, no. And for me it doesn’t matter much. But I do think that’s an interesting thing to think about, I’m not really sure we have much of a choice though.

I've worn many different outfits in my existence. What I know is that no matter what I wear, inside I will always be myself. So to me it makes no difference what shape or colour I am in a future life for it won't change my essence.

I mean, I guess that's good if what you're "wearing" doesn't bother you that much at all. But for me personally I'm not comfortable "wearing" certain "outfits." Have you ever had to wear a certain shirt, or other piece of clothing you don't really like? That's how I am with my physical appearance, regardless if I'll be the same. I need to look a certain way, for whatever body my spirit is occupying to look a be a certain way in order for me to be happy and comfortable in it. I'm not saying life will be perfect in my dream body. I know it won't and quite honestly, I don't really care. But even if for argument's sake we don't really have a choice in the matter (and I hope we do) that's just how I want to look.

Edited to add:
Plus, how you look or what physical body your spirit is hosting DOES have an impact on how people interact with you, treat you, talk to you, etc. does it not?

Plus, how you look or what physical body your spirit is hosting DOES have an impact on how people interact with you, treat you, talk to you, etc. does it not?
It certainly does (as I've experienced), however, it is what it is even if it is challenging. I believe that that is the cause of it to begin with, and if you can not make lemonade from the lemons in your life, you might just have to try once again! No idea if that is true or not, but it sure makes it easier.

Edited to add:
Hopefully I’m not intruding, but that’s true. Obviously. But then it’s also a thing if and when someone treats you differently (in a negative way) just because of your looks, that’s their problem in my opinion. Who cares? To me, that means they’re irrelevant. No need to waste your time with people like that, looks really aren’t everything.

This discussion led me to think about some people asking to be accepted as they are, then being "legitimately" outraged when somebody doesn't do that. Doesn't this mean that now they just do what they criticize, that now they don't graciously accept that person for who he/she is?

@baro-san @Kenz1010 Perhaps the last two users who replied to this thread misunderstood my last post, and I'm not even sure I understand your question, Baro-san. But what I was getting at when I said "Plus, how you look or what physical body your spirit is hosting DOES have an impact on how people interact with you, treat you, talk to you, etc. does it not?" I wasn't talking about race or discrimination; I was speaking with more regards to gender. For example, if someone sees you have a male body, and you're at a department store about to try on a suit, the employees will show you to the MEN'S fitting room. That said, I was saying this with regards to Alex D's response about being the same person regardless whatever body she has. I hope to stay the same too, personality wise, but to be respected, disrespected even, and treated like any other woman in society (as if i were born female) would make me happy because that simply is the essence of my being and all that I am... which might explain why I can never post a thread on this forum that's not about gender. Sheesh.

TDO, I do not think that you will ever find the understanding from other people that you would like to find. I've experienced that in different ways perhaps, after all who would be comfortable with physical disabilities. Other people's first (and perhaps only) thoughts are how it would feel in the then-current experience combined with prior understandings. Mental deficiency is normally associated with severe head injury, something I feared myself and had that battle for some time. If it is any help, I just focused upon what I wanted (a normal life), tried to live it, and was surprised at the result where people actually 'forgot' that I was disabled, being invited to the gym, given presents of tools requiring the use of two hands, etc. Your need for others to help you become or be seen as a female can not be done with demands by you.

It is a complicated perspective considering that the soul has needs, thoughts and concepts different from our incarnated part here. But yes, I have some things planned for my next life. It's funny, sometimes I think it doesn't matter if I want something in my next life, when it's time to reincarnate later, my soul will gracefully say "Did my incarnated role really think that? I'm going to choose something different." And my soul will throw away all my plans blinded by my materialistic vision.

But it's fun to imagine all that. Haha, in my next life I want to be a man, the other plans are private. I hope I don't change my mind later.:cool:

It is a complicated perspective considering that the soul has needs, thoughts and concepts different from our incarnated part here. But yes, I have some things planned for my next life. It's funny, sometimes I think it doesn't matter if I want something in my next life, when it's time to reincarnate later, my soul will gracefully say "Did my incarnated role really think that? I'm going to choose something different." And my soul will throw away all my plans blinded by my materialistic vision.

But it's fun to imagine all that. Haha, in my next life I want to be a man, the other plans are private. I hope I don't change my mind later.:cool:

OH GOD! I hope my spirit doesn't change it's mind either! As long as I'm a half-Black half-Asian female at the very least, I'm good.

EDIT to add:
Y'know, I just felt the need to come back and update this post because of something I just have to get off my chest! :mad:

I find it really fascinating how people on and off this site keeps suggesting I just focus on THIS life and make the most of THIS life but when someone says something to me along the lines of "when it's time to reincarnate later, my soul will gracefully say 'Did my incarnated role really think that? I'm going to choose something different,'" that just gives me all more of a reason to keep focusing on wanting what i want for my next life. I don't care one iota about the spirit having a "broader perspective" than our minds in this materialistic world! I also don't care one iota about experiencing something traumatic as rape, sexual abuse, painful childbirth, etc. being female means just as much as a parent's offspring if not more. I don't care about anything being "better" than what I want now and hopefully when it is time for me to reincarnate my spirit feels just the same! If I have to fight for it, so be it. Yeah, I know I sound closed-minded right now and maybe I probably am but there is absolutely nothing more important to me than me and my dream of being a female, and reincarnating as one, especially with the very same body I envision having. Try and waste your time trying to convince me otherwise if you must but I'm one hundred-percent sold on the matter.

Last edited:
Back