Intuition

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Susie, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

Hello Everyone! It's been quite a awhile since I've been here, and my visits over the last several years have been a bit sporadic. Now, I'm back browsing and looking forward to possibly being here more often. I've missed having a place to discuss my past life beliefs and psychic connections, if you will.

The most recent experience I had was terrifying, eye opening, and life changing. It started in 2015 when I started noticing something different about my Partner of 10 years. Slowly, something about him was changing and I felt him slipping away from me. I couldn't put my finger on what was going on. At first, I thought our relationship was in trouble. Then I asked him several times if he was okay. He always said he was fine, everything was fine.

Last summer, I started having these strange thoughts, or perhaps visions, of attending his memorial and sharing some of my memories. They were so real, so vivid, that they frightened me, and I worked hard to shake them off. I ended up rationalizing that something was wrong with me instead.

During this last summer, there were horrible fires where several of our friends lost their homes. About this time, my partner began having intermittent episodes where he couldn't catch his breath. I asked him to go to the doctor because I didn't think what he was experiencing sounded normal. He made an appointment, but could not get in for three weeks.

This feeling of him slipping away became stronger, and was especially strong one day in early October. He went on a gig (he's a professional musician), and afterward we had planned on a movie. The next day we were going to our friend's birthday party. When he came home from the gig, he said he'd rather wait to see the movie so he could rest up for our friend's party. In the middle of the night, I awoke abruptly to find him fully dressed and standing in the middle of the room, and I knew we needed to get to the emergency room.

After examination, the doctor said his heart was failing and they needed to find out why. The result ended up being that he had an aortic valve that was producing only 20% of blood (at least 60% is normal). He was to have open heart surgery because he could not live with this condition. During this visit when we were told he had to have surgery, the doctor said, "Good thing you came in. You got here just in time."

It was at that moment that I knew he was going to be okay, and it's also when I stopped having the thoughts, visions, whatever you want to call it, of being at his memorial. He had his surgery and came through with flying colors and is fully recovered.

I've had similar experiences in my life where I've rationalized things like this away, but this is by far the most serious. It was a wake up call to me that what I was experiencing was intuitive and not just some silly thoughts going through my head.

Has anyone else had some life changing intuitive experiences such as this?

2. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

It isn't as significant in duration as yours, probably because you're with him all the time, but I frequently "am informed" of the outcome and my ability to affect health problems or life-changing events in progress whenever I focus enough to actually "listen" instead of just observing and moving on.

Back when I was still Christian in outlook, I found I couldn't pray for healing when an old friend was in surgery (for a similar heart problem to your partner's). I was very frustrated by it, but the inner voice clearly informed me that the most I could pray for was how the family would handle it. Soon after we were notified that he didn't survive the surgery. I shrugged it off as odd.

Then I started questioning my faith, and listening became more of a priority for me.

Since then, while meditating:

I observed some obstruction in the gut of a good friend's father dissolve, seemingly because I asked it to. *shrug* (I never met the man.) He was out of the hospital within days, and the doctors never did figure out what was causing the severe illness that had put him there.

I observed a kitten's spirit leave its body and climb up to my shoulder playfully while checking to see how it was doing. My best friend lives on the other side of the world, and she told me they were sick so I wanted to see if I could help them heal. She said it reassured her to know that the dead kitten had done that.

The same friend's pet dog was sick, so I checked on it. It licked my face (even in my head ... ew!) and informed me it would be okay. I watched a red net over its body melt away. Later I heard the dog had recovered just fine.

I tried to see what might help a friend with back pain after an accident and "saw" a black mass running down the outside muscles of her back, but anchored in the vertebra just beneath her shoulder blades. She informed me that was where the damage had occurred according to the medical tests. (I tried to support healing there, but haven't heard back from her whether it helped, though she did say she felt better while we were talking.)

Most recently I saw that a pastor who had been captured a few years ago had been removed from the prison. They feared he would finally be killed. I checked in and heard, "He's fine. This is a good thing." The next day I saw an article that he and three others had been released.

What I've observed is that I only "see" what is actually in progress or currently planned, not all the possible outcomes. If a positive input of "energy" can help, I'm usually given a visualization that helps me know where to send it. (I am entirely unsure whether it is effective or even useful.) If there's nothing I can do, I'm informed of this whether I like it or not, and usually told that the outcome is already established.

As an illustration, my friend's internet goes out randomly. Usually I have a sense of whether she intends to come chat or just a feeling she won't (info about whether she's too busy, sick, or tired isn't included). Whenever I feel like she's coming and she doesn't show, I inevitably get a message later that the electricity went out and she had been hopefully waiting for it to come back on, or that she spent hours trying to connect but the computer is down.

On the other hand, she has severe asthma. I am always clearly informed that she'll be fine whenever it acts up suddenly and I don't hear from her, so I'm not as stressed about sudden disappearances as I would be otherwise.

It's ... interesting. I'm still testing what it's useful for (what questions are most effective) and trying to record my hunches instead of forgetting them right away so I can follow up more often.

3. Susie

Mere,

Thank you for posting your experiences. They sound fascinating.

I have always had a strong intuition and have usually been able to recognize it, and then I listen. This time, however, I just could not tell what was going on. In hindsight, all the signs were there that my intuition was spot on, and that something medically was going on with him.

A few years back I was at the crosswalk with a stranger beside me. Just as the light turned green for us to walk, he stepped into the intersection, and I said, "No, stay back." I didn't see any car but intuition kicked in. Just then a car came out of nowhere and barreled through a red light. He thanked me and, once he crossed the street, told his friend that I'd saved his life. It made me smile.

I think intuition is innate and a gift that we all receive, but that sometimes we don't trust it enough to listen to it.

4. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

Yes. I think it would be considered very ordinary to have these hunches if everyone were trained to listen to them.

I wish I had listened earlier, since I made all sorts of choices based on logic and obligation that those hunches clearly warned me wouldn't work out. Heh! And they didn't. I still feel a little foolish listening to them, and am afraid I assume too much about what they're for and how they work. But ...

It's definitely amazing to have those moments where you impulsively pull someone back in a crosswalk and end up saving their life. :) That's a beautiful story, too.

5. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

That Small Clear Voice Within

I agree entirely, I firmly believe that most of us have the "Gift" of Intuition, but most of the population today chose to ignore it.

I further believe that this "Gift" is a throwback to more ancient times when our ancient ancestors relied on it (and other Gift's) to remain safe and alive.

Other "Gifts" (such as ESP, precognition and so forth) also may have enabled primitive man in the distant past to survive.

Thank you very much.

6. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Susie, I'm glad your partner will be OK. I am a firm believer in the voice of intuition, it is very real for me. This sixth sense, could it be guardians helping us out?

T

7. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Susie!!!!!!

So nice to see you here. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear your partner will be fine. He is lucky to have you. ;)

I'll share one with you tomorrow. In class now OMG

8. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Interesting thought... My intuition is pretty strong. Whenever I feel bad about certain situations I am usually correct. My intuition has actually never failed. And I've noticed that electronic devices sometimes stop working when I'm around... I think it could be a coincidence, but it may also be a sign of psychic abilities.

9. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Such as?

10. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Sometimes our TV and radio turns on and off randomly. It always happens when I'm near them.

11. argonne1918

Have you ever had a "missing time" experience?

12. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

No. What is that?

13. argonne1918

I'll send you a PM.

14. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

I can't find it.

15. Susie

Thank you, Tinkerman! I've wondered about guardian angels as well.

16. Susie

Hi Deborah!! This is the only place I've been able to share my experience because I'm afraid those who don't understand spiritual issues might not believe me, or might think I'm crazy. I knew you guys would understand. :)

I'm looking forward to hearing your experience.