Is it possible to gain access to abilities we developed in past incarnations?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by billeurope, Aug 1, 2018.

1. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

You are right. Think about Mozart who composed at the age of 4. He must have carried over this talent.
    I just wanted to say that I easily fit in, but not having extreme qualities. :p:p

Sk17 and Jim78 like this.
  2. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

Yeah same here, I was a doctor too. I'm not a genius in chemistry but I've been told many times that I've got the steady hands of a surgeon. I guess some things remain.

Sk17 and fireflydancing like this.
  3. billeurope

billeurope New Member

Why not?
    What’s about other instances of the same planet? I think there exist much more than just one planet earth – rather myriads of instances of “earths”. I think the most past lives I indeed hadn't on this planet. That wouldn’t work, because today there live 8.000000000 people on the earth and we all couldn’t have all our past lives on this one single planet which wasn’t populated that densely thousands of years ago.

Do you have a special meditation / instruction for that? I did a guided regression meditation on YouTube yesterday. The life I have seen wasn’t very impressing: A nomad in ancient Egypt. A person who had almost no skills or abilities – except very boring ones that wouldn’t help me much in my current life.

I think the cause that determines if one can or can not experience what you describe is if your higher self wants or doesn’t want to experience it.

I think to get in contact with past versions of yourself you need the permission of your higher self. Your soul has to want to experience the connection and it has to be in alignment with the life-plan your soul created for your current life.
    Most souls want to concentrate on their current existence only – that’s why most people don’t believe in reincarnation.

Peace of mind likes this.
  4. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

The intent was to warn you of the breach of forum guidelines.

I agree, we are all influenced by our experiences and create our version of reality from those limited experiences.

5. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Member

I suppose that would make sense in my case. I am supposed to be clearing out old emotional attachments and patterns in this life so that I can move on. One has to know where one has been in order to do that, so a close understanding could have been signed off on for that purpose. Something is telling me that is not entirely the correct answer, but I have no alternative to suggest.

AlexD likes this.
  6. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

I'm able to identify extremely well subethnicities and ancestry of people of european origin. A bit useless nowadays.

I can also sporadically retrieve useless book-facts about history of medicine and morphology from things I read in a past life.

I agree with the person saying that some skills are just motor skills and have to be relearnt. However, at the same time, some motor skills are learnt faster due to the fact that we already knew them before (speaking a language for example).
    As for intellectual skills, some things you just forget in this life. I forgot 90% of the geography I learnt in high school, and that was just 15 years ago. However, if I read it again it will come to me more easily.

Answering the question, to gain access try to acquire the skill again, the process may act as a trigger.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    fireflydancing likes this.
  7. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

I think some things can be more easily if you have been exposed, worked with it in a past life.

I have very short memories of being a soldier long, long ago (can't even put frame on the time area) and in that life I think I had to shoot with arrow and bow and shoot with riffles, guns, maybe even animals in order to get something to eat, right? In this life around in competitions for fun, when ever I have been in a situation that I need to shoot I do it flawless which has shocked the hell out of the people around me and me as well because I have no training of it in this life. The only explanation I have are the very short memories but I can't tell people that, they might give me funny looks.

Another thing is that despite of my shyness always during my working years, no matter what work I have been at, people, bosses all of a sudden chose me to talk in front of crowds. I remember me being part of a stage family in a past life and on stage one had to talk and make gestures so that everyone, including the people in the back and on the balconies would not get aggravated, and I think this has stayed with me, I articulate and talk so everyone can hear me. Think if I had not done that I would be in trouble in that past life, perhaps gotten tomatoes thrown at me or something ha ha....

Klaud and fireflydancing like this.
  8. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

It depends. One thing I had in a past lifetime was very neat handwriting. In this lifetime my handwriting was quite rough and unsightly. Oddly though I adopted certain traits, forming certain letters differently from the way I'd been taught, so my writing became an untidy version of its previous style.

Other things are perhaps less superficial, handwriting is neither here nor there. But the innermost thoughts, ways of viewing the world, of evaluating the merit of things, that has remained pretty much unchanged.

Then there was a very specific talent. It came through strongly during my childhood and young adulthood, but has waned as it has lapsed into disuse over time. If it had been my path to repeat or continue with that talent, then it would have been pretty easy to fire it all up again. But I consider my work there was done, in this lifetime I've moved in a different direction, one which is not entirely easy for me, yet it feels so right. The latter, I spend time playing a musical instrument, something which I don't do very well, but it was perhaps something I wanted to try - in an earlier lifetime music was something I touched upon but did not devote any great energy to.

So I'd say we may have access to earlier skills, but we don't necessarily have any need to do so, sometimes our need is to explore something fresh, push the boundaries in areas which we haven't done before. In fact to me that is the nature of reincarnation. Though there is a fluidity with which we transition from one life to the next, it isn't all about repeating the same thing over and over, but rather of approaching life from different angles, discovering the joys and pitfalls of other paths.

9. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Totally. Like Jaimie said, some things just come easier if you've done them before. Some of those skills hang around, whether we really need or use them or not. I'm curious as to what skills my future self is gonna pick up from this lifetime tbh.

I have a pretty good knack for fixing/building non-mechanical things without needing too much instruction. I remember a PL in England where I built my barn/stables. Not sure I could actually pull off building another barn this time around, but fixing stuff is definitely a useful thing to have on the back burner if I ever need it.

10. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

What an interesting thread! Yes, I think it is possible to access past life skills, child prodigies do it all the time, but most people have a block against accessing those skills probably for the same reason they have a block on remembering past lives. I remember reading "the Search for Bridey Murphy" and the American housewife from the 1950's could dance a hundred-year old Irish jig under hypnosis, which she allegedly never could do when she was awake.

Sk17 and Owl like this.
  11. Sk17

Sk17 Senior Member

It takes many lifetimes to become expert at something. Suppose you want to become a billionaire. Do you think its possible to accumulate karmic merit in one life time only? A person who is a billionaire carries over his good money making tendencies from many lives and when perfectly developed only then he has amassed sufficient karmic merit to become a billionaire.

Its not luck. Nothing is luck. We always deserve things we get. Thats the basic principle of law of cause and effect.

Same goes for chess, music , drama, science. Einstein simply didnt pop out of nowhere and discovered law of relativity. It was a genius he must have developed in lifetimes of effort. Same goes for Other things.

So, yes we carry tendencies from our past lives. But we have every opportunity to sow some good tendenices that would grow to become something great in future lives.

12. Rono

Rono Active Member

Over and over again we come into the world anew to learn and take on things for the benefit of [ourselves], but also to always help others. WHO is it? that created this game of 'entry and exit' that runs continuously over and over throughout eternity? When does 'reincarnation' stop? Are we born in the same family or some other, and why? What is the purpose? Forgive me if this reply seems a little deep in asking for your thoughts, as I am only wanting to see some of your answers. Also, we all have our own beliefs, so it does not matter in one way or another what your beliefs are, I respect them.

13. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

The answers to these would take a book or two to fully expand into, my friend :)

Not that these questions don't bother every one of us at some point or another. I guess each one has his/her opinion and there's no absolute truth to be found within the boundaries of this realm.

But why don't you start a new thread and ask these, stating your opinion as well - I'm sure it can spark a really good discussion!

14. Rono

Rono Active Member

Thank you Kalos for your reply.
    Answers to every question one may have is 'always' available at the right time for each individual who perseveres in their search. And yes I do know that each individual do have their own opinion on such matters, and that is wise as many are very naïve and do accept blindly no matter what.
    To start a new thread on these questions is an interesting thought. I will see what I can do. Again thank you!

Kalos likes this.
  15. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear" :)

16. Dana

Dana A Nazi Soldier

Well I am studying German, I pick up words pretty quickly. I finished a week worth of German lessons on Duolingo in a single day. I had the urge to study german when I read the ingriedients on a german chocolate bar (particularly Schogetten). Ok maybe the chocolate part was TMI...o_O

17. billeurope

billeurope New Member

Ich hoffe, dir schmeckten die Schogetten.

18. Dana

Dana A Nazi Soldier

Danke.

Yeah, I actually love it. Other than that, Ritter Sport is my other favorite. Just sharing though....:)