Is Your "Third Eye" Open?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by BriarRose, Feb 9, 2013.

1. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Mere Dreamer, Yes I do think those sensations you have been feeling in the center of the forehead could very much be related to your 'Third Eye'. Maybe thru your meditations you have been exercising and enlarging your 'Third Eye' so then come these sensations.

Wishing You the Best!

2. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Dreamer, I have those same sensations! They started after I began to meditate 'properly'. I know of others who have the same experience. It seems to be related to the third eye, but still not entirely sure how, it seems to be related to meditation, movement of vibration/energies and visualisation.

kmatjhwy, thank you for sharing your experiences! It must be so wonderful to share experiences with your gifted friend. Meditation does seem to be involved in activating the third eye, but help from a friend must be beneficial too, as the sensations you feel there would indicate!

Briar, its good to know you see the light too. Would really like to see it again. Do you see it often?

Johnhermes likes this.
  3. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I don't see it often - it's usually at the beginning of meditation. Sometimes, it's like a whirlwind, and sometimes I see into the light tunnel, but there are just shapes. I haven't been lucky enough to see the colors. Like you, helz, I wonder what would happen if I dared to go in. Is this what is meant by the expression "seeing the light"? Was this what Paul saw on the road to Damascus?

Johnhermes likes this.
  4. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

The colours were beautiful, I really hope you see them Briar!

Been doing a little reading up on seeing lights in meditation, and they seem to be an indication of entering a deeper level of concentration. Most websites seem to advise carrying on meditating as normal, not to expect the lights and not to develop an attachment to them. Just let them come if they will and observe, not to analyse. This seems to be the advice of the Buddhist and secular meditation teachers like Wildmind, who describes the lights as signs of progress in meditation. However, as to how/if this relates to Chakras is something that’s harder to pin down, the answer seems to depend on the branch of meditation the website subscribes to. Some say it is a sign that the Crown Chakra is open, others that it is the awakening of the Third Eye, some that it is the Light at the centre of ourselves and all thingds others that it is a sign of sensory deprivation and the brain ‘filling in the blanks’ in the internal silence of deep meditation.

5. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member Staff Member

The buzzing and floating experiences you mention... are they similar to the buzzing and drifting sensations one might experience when about to experience a faint? lol

I have fainted before, and sometimes, when I am really stressed out or tired, I start to hear a humming and a numbness in my ears. This then becomes a buzz. My eyes start fuzzing and sparking and my vision turns black, and I feel myself drifting off.

When this first started to happen, I ended up kneeling on the floor, having coke and sugar thrown down my throat. Later I learned to recognise it at the humming/numbness stage, and if I make myself focus, can often shake it off.

I did wonder sometimes what would happen if I let myself go with the flow, but was a little scared to do so. However, a few months ago, I was very unwell, and passed out like this on the stairs. I was not in a state to shake myself out of it, so ended up going under. I remember I had some amazingly vivid visions... unfortunately, I did not remember them afterwards - I was more pre-occupied with trying to figure out where I was and how I ended up at the bottom of my stairs when my last memories were of walking past the top!!

On a general day to day level, I also get occasions when I feel really queer and not entirely grounded... almost, as it were, as if I was not fully present in reality. It can be very disorientating. And annoying. especially when crossing roads or at work, and I have to again, shake myself back out of it and try to ground myself.

6. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

I went through a time when I was always "on the verge of passing out" and it was disabling to say the least. I spent a lot of energy making sure I was always near a wall or supporting chair and still ended up piled on the floor at times. I'm still not sure what brought me out of it, though if I over strain myself I can end up worried about stairs and such.

Positive community interaction heals me to the point where I can be nearly normal for a week or few.

Negative interactions and atmosphere send me to the brink of unconsciousness for days. I feel like a canary for emotional residue these days. *groan*

I love it when I reach that floating state, just before sleep. If I could activate that feeling on purpose I'd do it every night!

Lynnette, is your "not entirely grounded" state similar to auto-pilot? I know when I'm driving I have to be very careful to stay in the moment or I end up in meditation without realizing it and time just passes. I'm never sure how I avoid accidents when that happens.

7. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member Staff Member

I would say auto-meditation was the perfect description for it!

8. Mere Dreamer

:laugh: :rolleyes:

9. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

The frontal pressure oh yes I know

this everyday . It's so easy for me to get impressions

of people.

It takes just a couple second to minutes

It becomes uneasy at times.

I know there alot people with this ability

I still feel alone, though

10. Mere Dreamer

Shadows, I hope you will one day be able to view these passing impressions as a gift. Knowing what is possible in that moment ... and responding to the person's reality with gentleness and acceptance, aware of where they stand. It can become natural to divert our focus elsewhere, if others are broadcasting destruction.

We can always choose the beauty instead, and it is always there in the birds of the sky, the pattern of the cracks in cement, or even the knowing nod of a friendly companion. The antagonism and ignorance of random strangers is not ours to hold, nor even our business to defuse.

It's amazing to realize how many opportunities I have to meet people I already know ... in all my lifetimes, how many hundreds or thousands of friends did I make?

We can look forward to finding them, blended in among those with whom we have not yet connected ... but even when there are none in our immediate environment, we may weave together with new souls and create a new link for our future selves to enjoy. Sometimes the pressure is what is within us, reaching out to explore? Or at least that's my impression.

11. shadowsofmypast

I have seen the tv show the Listener?

It's about paramedic that has esp.

As far as gift? well It's keep out me trouble

by avoiding problematic people.

Others view this gift as curse. There is member here

I feel does.

I now realize I might be color sensitive.

12. BriarRose

Shadow, color sensitive in what way? Some people see colors when they hear music.

13. shadowsofmypast

I can't stand bright color at all

especially on buildings "yellow" is

the offensive to me it hurts my eyes

and I get a headache.

14. BriarRose

That's interesting. There are commonly held beliefs about why people are attracted to, or repelled by certain colors. Do you think there is a PL reason for you to dislike yellow buildings, or is it related to current personality? It could, of course, be caused by the way light refracts from the color, and strikes the color receptors in your eyes. I think my own color preferences are related to personality.

15. ColourODarkness

ColourODarkness Senior Registered

I opened my 'Third Eye' during meditation some time in my early teens and I (stupidly) couldn't figure out how to close it again. At times when I start looking into past lives and researching the paranormal I get a pressure on my forehead, as if someone is pressing with their thumb and often when it comes to PL things I get an intense pressure on my chest as if someones pressing down on the center with their palm.

Very strange sensations!

I've noticed over the past year (and more so since I've joined this forum!) I've been incredibly in tune to others emotions and sometimes it feels as if I've 'absorbed' the feeling or emotion from them! For example often if someone is upset, I end up feeling the sadness that they're experiencing and shortly after they seem to cheer up considerably.

16. shadowsofmypast

Welcome to the world having esp, empathic,

being a receiver etc.

Absorbed is the perfect word

dealing with feeling various peoples emotions.

there quite few us on here that deal

with this. Some stronger than others.

17. shadowsofmypast

Not make light but ...you pulled a stir of echos on yourself.

If see the movie.? You know what I mean.

18. Johnhermes

Johnhermes New Member

Using dreams is a gateway to opening your third eye. Right now I'm trying to go lucid dreaming. They say by increasing awareness levels is how you can open your third eye and have the ability to see the energetic underlying of the foundation of reality

19. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi John,

Welcome to the board! This is a matter of interest to me. If you have some websites you could refer me to I would appreciate it.

Cordially,
    S&S

Johnhermes likes this.
  20. Johnhermes

Johnhermes New Member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019