Jack the Ripper

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Miss Kelly, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Senior Member

Hey belladonna! I too heard about that DNA thing, I also read somewhere that they found a leather apron at one of the crime scenes and Aaron Kosminski's nickname was 'leather apron' apparently. The thing is, if he hung out at the same bar as the woman whose shawl they got the DNA from then surely it's possible that the guy just brushed past her and left his DNA, right? He's still a very good suspect though. I always thought that this guy Francis Thompson might be him because I read that he lived somewhere that had direct access to Mary Kelly's apartment which was locked from the inside when they found the body, he was a pyromaniac and they found clothes burning in the fire at the crime scene, he did go to medical school, he was an extreme Catholic who hated prostitutes and wrote poetry about killing them, he was a poet so would have access to red ink which the letters to the police were written in etc:

https://www.annmarieackermann.com/francis-thompson-ripper-suspect/

WhiteRose and bellaDonna09 like this.
  2. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Senior Member

Looks like a good book autumn! :) Thanks for the link! I have a book that contains copies of all the letters Jack the Ripper sent to the police, it's quite creepy actually, I got it in London a few years ago for some reason. It's called Jack the Ripper Casebook by Richard Jones.

3. autumnleavesnnovember

autumnleavesnnovember Senior Member

Miss Kelly, I think reading all of Jack the Ripper's letters would be incredibly insightful . . . but then I would wonder if I really wanted to get that deep into his brain. :eek:

Miss Kelly likes this.
  4. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Only two of the letters sent to the police are believed to be genuinely written by the Ripper, the rest (including the one signed 'Jack the Ripper') were thought to be written by the local news agency to give the killer a name, and many were written by the public.

Miss Kelly likes this.
  5. autumnleavesnnovember

autumnleavesnnovember Senior Member

Oh, I didn't know that, Chris. Actually, I know very little about the case.

6. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Senior Member

Yeah, the letters are really disturbing, even if they weren't all written by the same guy lol, I had no idea that some of them weren't actually from him :oops:, thanks ChrisR! :D

7. bellaDonna09

bellaDonna09 Active Member

wow.i didnt know about him.seem like a great suspect to me

Miss Kelly likes this.
  8. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Senior Member

UPDATE:

So, it turns out my great, great (great?) grandfather was a tailor in London, the Whitechapel area, at the time of the Jack the Ripper murders. He was quite young, probably late teens, he only had one leg because it got cut off by his abusive father and was also abandoned by his father who ran off to Australia to start a new family. These coincidences though!

9. -HM-

-HM- Senior Registered

I had a lifetime during the Victorian era too and though I was an American, I visited the area around the time of all those murders. Who knows, maybe if you really were her, we even walked by one another. Wild haha.

Miss Kelly likes this.