Just checking in.

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by hydrolad, Sep 28, 2015.

1. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

It's good to open the Forum again, let's put our "Thinking Cap's" on and think of some new areas we haven't covered (within the Forum guidelines and the Bowman's wishes, of course.)

Let's let the creative juices flow once again.

2. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

You know what I'm really interested in, hydrolad? How can we really PROVE reincarnation. It almost seems like research has stagnated in the past few years, which I would think to be contrary to all expectation, given the power of social media and the ability to instantly communicate with people all over the world, the ability to do instant research, sites like ancestry.com, etc. What do you all think? What kind of studies can be done to prove to skeptics that reincarnation is real? Or is that impossible?

I've always thought that studying so-called "junk" DNA might provide some answers, as well as facial recognition analysis, fingerprint analysis, handwriting analysis, writing style analysis, all of which can be made exponentially faster using new computer technology. What would Dr. Ian Stevenson think up if he understood all the new technology he would have available to him if he were alive today? To this day, his paper on birthmarks has probably been the most convincing evidence I've seen on the subject.

3. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

Jody, living in an era of detailed records and in-depth life stories (social media) saved up online for all to see, I think the "problem of proof" for reincarnation is well on its way to resolving itself. It's a bit like waiting on the edge of your seat for the first major group in a marathon to come into view for the home stretch at this point.

The next generation of researchers will have a lot more data to work with, and I do hope to see more scientists taking advantage of the benefits of our technology to help demonstrate the validity of memories. When they are successful, they can begin integrating other scientific groups as the thought leaders realize it might not be as "foolish" as they assumed it must be to consider reincarnation on a practical level.

4. hydrolad

A Matter of Faith

"Jody", I have an inclination to agree with "Mere Dreamer", I believe that the developing technology will avail us of new ways to validate Reincarnation in the near future.

However, being a Spiritual man, IMHO I personally myself believe that when it finally comes down to it, that Reincarnation will prove itself in the hearts and mind of an individual Soul, that is myself, Mere Dreamer, you and everyone else who has followed the path of enlightenment in their personal lives will come to accept Reincarnation without any hesitation on their part.

However, this is just my individual opinion and not to be construed as the official position of this Forum, each member has as opinion that is unique to them, however several people can agree or believe in the same belief (likewise people can also disagree and have arguments to prove their point of view and be very persuasive about it.)

So as you can see, when everything is said and done, IMHO, it really boils down to "Faith" this is NOT a "Cop-Out" but a viable position in one's life.

I hope all of this makes sense. :)

5. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

I cannot see anything happening in the foreseeable future. For the power brokers of the world both political a religious to have to acknowledge because of scientific proof or any other type of proof we reincarnate and do not go to a particular religions interpretation of a heaven or some sort of afterlife, I believe cannot happen any time this century, even longer.. Unless these power brokers especially religious leaders acknowledge reincarnation then all the proof in the world will be rejected by the majority. Who or what scientist will tell the pope...no your religion has always been a false religion, we do not go to heaven we reincarnate. It would be something like oil company's stopping or buying of product that would be far cheaper than gasoline Governments and religions control trillions of dollars of assets

6. hydrolad

To John Tat:

I tend to agree with you about the "Power Brokers".

So few people have the power to alter the lives of so many people around the World.

Please don't get me started on the bond between Doctor's and Drug Companies and their Reps.

Or the bond between the Research community and Doctor's, it is pitiful.

Even though I am a follower of Christ's teaching, I am NOT a follower of organized religion, my relationship is between God and myself, I don't need a "Mouthpiece" to do my talking for me, I do quite well for myself, thank you.

I had better close, I can feel my Blood Pressure climbing. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015