• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

"Last time, I was the Mama!"

kstornado11

Senior Registered
My 5 year old son has made several unnerving comments about what I believe to be a past life. It seems that he was my mother, or at least that's what he has said several times. He has spastic diplegia cerebral palsy, which basically means his leg muscles make walking & other activities difficult, & his hands are also affected, but minimally, and he can see, but is visually impaired to some extent.
He also commented one time "Mama, we lived there in the Old Days!" when we drove past some old buildings from the late 1800's in a nearby town. Many times he has surprised me by saying things he couldn't know, like what someone is doing in another room, who is texting or calling, and knew that an old bridge was torn down in my mother's hometown before she did, things of that nature. A few weeks ago he was playing with a hula-hoop, and said "Look Mama, I'm wearing my Party Dress!" -- made me think of hoop skirts, which he has never been exposed to , to my knowledge. I often wonder if the brain damage that caused the cerebral palsy also somehow affected other parts of his brain, & enhanced his other senses.
:angel:

So good to see you here Tornado! He sounds like a great kid! ;) . Pretty cool he is remembering like that. I imagine you've asked him to elaborate...

T

Children's comments always make me smile....there is an innocence about their "knowing" that brings the magic of life back to "life."

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for sharing, kstornado! Grab a notebook and jot down what you remember now, and keep notes as he talks, you will be amazed at how far this journey could take you.

The next time he talks of his past life ask what his name was then or any other open ended questions which come to you.

My daughter began talking about past lives around age 10 or so. Now she is an adult with a little one of her own on his way and I have been able to substantiate most of what she has said through local historical research.

My best wishes to you and your son :)

It kind of seems as if he may be forgetting some of what he remembered, he doesn't talk of it nearly as much now. He definitely seems like an Old Soul, I wonder if he will be like me, & remember bits & pieces of past lives as he grows?

Back