• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Mathematical object called an amplituhedron that challenges notion of space & time

The artist's rendering of the form is very beautiful. I like when science can explain things, but otherwise, I find waiting for it to catch up to be rather limiting. Jesus didn't necessarily know how he performed miracles - he just did them! Oh well. "Blessed are the scientists, because they can explain miracles." I do love reading articles about physics, though. Thank you for posting this firebird.

Interesting stuff, firebird. Reminds me I've got to pay my gravity bill...and the rates keep rising!

BriarRose said:
I like when science can explain things, but otherwise, I find waiting for it to catch up to be rather limiting. Jesus didn't necessarily know how he performed miracles - he just did them! Oh well. "Blessed are the scientists, because they can explain miracles." I do love reading articles about physics, though. Thank you for posting this firebird.
This is true of most inventions. Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Wright Brothers, Marconi, etc. The scientific explanations only came after the inventors had proven beyond doubt that it was possible. I'm still waiting for the scientific explanation of how 3 and 4 year olds are able to come up with verifiable information that they can't possibly know.

I doubt there are to many people being reincarnated that know how to control gravity from wherever there were last time, it would be handy if some did though.

There was really nothing much of interest in the article I pointed to, other than a confirmation that science is now saying what some people have known for a long time. I too liked the rendering of the form though ... very beautiful.

I also believe that there are individuals who know how gravity works - I read a description a number of years ago - but the nature of science being what it is, an answer from them probably won't come any time soon.

spacecase0 said:
I doubt there are to many people being reincarnated that know how to control gravity from wherever there were last time, it would be handy if some did though.
When my son was in second grade he mesmerized (his teacher's words) the class with a story of putting gravity on the moon by ringing it with something that many space ships could attach to and then pull the moon around very fast. yikes

This is a delayed reply, but ...

Two quotes I find interesting in the article:

1. But the new amplituhedron research suggests space-time, and therefore dimensions, may be illusory anyway.

2. “In a sense, we would see that change arises from the structure of the object,” he said. “But it’s not from the object changing. The object is basically timeless.”

That space and time are illusions and that the ground of all being is timeless and unchanging are two things that the great mystical traditions have been telling us for thousands of years. And more recently, near death experiencers have come back to tell us the same thing. So it appears that science may be on the verge of catching up with the Buddhists and Sufis and Christian mystics and psychics and all the other "crackpots" who, it seems, have probably been right all along.

Back