Music that resonates with your soul

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by SkyeSpitfire, Dec 30, 2013.

1. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

2. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

3. There and back again

4. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

5. Roberto

Roberto Member

I listen to a lot of music what does that mean?

6. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

I listen extensively to irish music and I have played tin whistle/irish flute before this life. I picked one up in 2007 and could play it pretty much right away. Been playing it daily since. I have too many favorites to even list. Irish, scottish, confederate, German soldier's songs and military marches is pretty much my taste in music. Anything good with bagpipes is an instant hit. Not the discordant war pipes, perhaps. Sometimes it can be good. The more melodious kinds like the smallpipes or uilleann.

7. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Ritter.

This is a song I only had to name check to clear a pub last year:

The customers were having a musical pub crawl without rebel music. I pointed out that a pub crawl was about brotherhood just like men under a flag of war. I pointed out the foolishness in what they were listening to. That cleared the pub rapidly. The band leader couldn't cope with the humiliation.

Ritter likes this.
  8. briski

briski Senior Registered

James Brown such a legend

9. Ritter

Yeah. I like innocuous songs too, but that one is a classic. Most of my favorites are war songs. Like "The rising of the moon". It captures the spirit of 1798 quite well.

10. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Yea Ritter. I died in one life in 1798. The Dubliners is played in pubs. I never understood why such music resonated with me, I assumed it was because I was Irish by maybe my soul was remembering even when my conscious mind wasn't.

Ritter and WhiteRose like this.
  11. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

The Oldest Known Melody c.1400 BC!

WhiteRose likes this.
  12. There and back again

13. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Not the beautiful images, but the language is part of my soul. Roughly, I understand lyrics in Ladino.

14. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

I've always been partial to Bobby Darin's version of A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square. Always associating it with a favourite actor.

But, Glenn Miller's version from 1940, which I have just heard for the first time tonight, resonates far deeper. An evening at the Savoy, or a dance during my courtship with my husband. Listening a second time, I'm leaning more toward the latter. As I mimed along to the lyrics I know so well already, my breath caught in the back of my throat.

It does seem to be Glenn Miller's music that often strikes my soul.

15. Benny Price

Benny Price Member

In my previous life to this one I lived in England, 1897 to 1959, and I loved music like Mr. Sandman, and the music from movies like O Brother Where Art Thou and Paper Moon.

I knew my lover from that life while I was in college during this life, and she fully expected me to marry her again, LOL. She was abusive to me in the previous life, so there was no way in h*ll I was going to go through that again!

The music was good back then at least, LOL.

P.S. Creating songs comes to me naturally in this life, but I don't have any memories of being a composer in a previous life, just a strong gut feeling I was a composer and conductor.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  16. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

The music in the 2000 film "O Brother Where Art Thou" is a very American folk style. I'm not sure to what extent it would have been heard or listened to in England, 1897 to 1959.

Notably both that film and the 1973 movie "Paper Moon" were set during a particular era in the U.S.A. Perhaps that is a lifetime you are recalling, rather than one in England.

17. Benny Price

Benny Price Member

The beauty of record players.

Previous to England I had had two North American lives, one short one in Bodie, CA, about 18 years old, and one that spanned from Boston to a captive in a Shoshone tribe, via the Oregon Trail from the year it opened in 1842. In that life I lived to about 42 years old and died of Cholera on a newly formed reservation. In Bodie I died in a mine shaft collapse, which was a very traumatic and memorable way to die.

Previous to the Shoshone life I lived in Argentina, born around 1700.

In England I had a fascination with anything American, because of my three previous lives in the Americas.

Before the Americas I did some lives in Asia, Japan, China, and somewhere around Indonesia.

I know of 3 lives on the Italian peninsula, two during Roman times, and one during the Renaissance, and so on...

I'm not sure where my music talents originated. I was a Geisha in Japan, but that doesn't have much to do with music composition.

I have this aversion to performing and attending live performances, so possibly it's a life that I'm blocking the memories of, and I just don't want to relive those memories.

The Shoshone life was extremely painful to remember, and I was sobbing with the memories. It left me with this issue of protecting children.

18. Ritter

19. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

For Harry.

20. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Andrews Sisters - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019