Music that resonates with your soul

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by SkyeSpitfire, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

Yes. Handel's Largo from Xerxes (Ode to a Tree). Sends me. I am not sure if it is relevant to a past life or not but it has resonated with me from the first time of hearing it c50 years ago.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  2. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

EDIT: This was one of my favorite tunes when I was a child (9 or 10 years old). Took me ages, literally, to find it back. Had no idea that it would be listed as a Christmas song. Neither did I realize back then that it is an anti-war song.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    glia21 likes this.
  3. glia21

glia21 Explorer

I always loved that one too - stop the cavalry :)
    It's on one of my christmas cds

I figured out lately that some 65 - 67 songs trigger my memory like from the kinks and manfred mann (death of a clown, waterloo sunset, semi detached suburban mr james) -- i turn them on and soon some scene/pic pops up.

4. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

There are a lot of songs that are 'speaking' to me now that I'm allowing the past in, which were released between my past life and this one. A lot that seem to speak to the side of me that adored Harry, as well as his spirit [he seems to accompany me here and there in spirit, in this life] and some that speak to the side that yearns for my PL husband's arms once more.

"Run to his arms, the moment he comes home to you..." - Wives and Lovers (1963) [That line causes my heart to ache for Etienne, my PL husband.]

"Perhaps, the glow of love will grow with every passing day, or we may never meet again. But then it's not for me to say..." - It's Not for Me to Say (1957) [Harry, who apparently loved my past self quite deeply, seemed hopeful of a relationship post-war, but it was not to be.]

"And from the dark secluded valleys, I heard the ancient songs of sadness. But, every step I thought of you. Every footstep, only you..." - Mad About You (1991) [This is actually from this lifetime, but it's only recently become consciously poignant. I've always been partial to it, but never known the reason until I unlocked the door to the past. It almost reads as though it was written for Harry, post-incarceration. I get the sense he's calling for me, when I get the urge to listen to this song.]

"Where the blue of the night meets the gold of the day, someone waits for me..." - Where the Blue of the Night (1931) [One that comes from my past life this time. This one seems to be for Etienne. Maybe, we danced to it, in our time together in that life. I get the sense that we did, in a sweet tender moment.]

Jim78 likes this.
  5. Angie Brown

That song is one of the many things that makes me want to be able to travel back in time, at least to the French revolution and before every war since with enough proof of what we now know, and to convince all people in their relevant languages to not fight each other, that all wars are bankers wars, and that removing power and wealth from a comparively very few people is what must be done - and never again allow their ilk to gain power and wealth. Put them on a remote island where they can be self sufficient but cannot do more harm to everyone else, to nature or to Earth. If only.
    When I think of war, it hangs heavily on my heart. No doubt it is the same for others here.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    SeekerOfKnowledge and Ritter like this.
  6. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

This one has always spoken to me

Mike & The Mechanics - Silent Running

7. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

When I came across this song, at first I didn’t realise fully the meaning of it. It came as a synchronicity. I love her music and shared some videos with my friend (F). This song that was unknown to me, came up with Youtube. I listened but didn’t pay much attention. Somehow in the background.
    Then I almost felt sick and wanted to cry from deep inside. I told my friend I didn’t feel well, and perhaps it was better to delay our conversation to another time.
    Then suddenly I realised the meaning of the song that was playing. My subconscious mind had been quicker and more alert than my conscious mind.
    It’s about the longing for a long lost love and finding them back.
    Actually, I was talking to my own long lost love at that moment.
    Believe me, understanding this synchronicity was another blow that left me speechless :):)

Angie Brown likes this.
  8. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

English version

Angie Brown likes this.
  9. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

10. Marie Komboukos

Marie Komboukos Beloved

I love the way Sumerian and Sanskrit sound when I hear/feel the vibration...i also started a book on my own personal pastlives. I also pickup other languages like Spanish and older languages like old French very easily.....I'm in love with Italian....i was a nun during the apparitions in Fatima.....i died of the Spanish flu in a convent, which is still open to this day.

Angie Brown likes this.
  11. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

"Orinoco Flow" Enya.

I will keep it between myself and my PL husband just why this seems to resonate...

Angie Brown likes this.
  12. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Registered

A few of my favorites ~
    • I’ve heard that song before - by Harry James
    • Sleepy Lagoon - by Harry James
    • Moonlight serenade - by Glenn Miller
    • I love you - by Kenny Gardner

Angie Brown and WhiteRose like this.
  13. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

For those from the old west and the old south.

Angie Brown and Speedwell like this.
  14. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

15. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker

A Poem set to music

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  16. Angie Brown

I love a lot of old hymns and carols, sung by choirs and congregations.

Best wishes,

Angie

17. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

I do not really believe at this time that I was ever a samurai, but I identify strongly with and really like medieval/early modern Japan. Absolutely amazing.

18. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Currently it's things like this, as well as medieval and Native American music.

Speedwell and Ritter like this.
  19. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

Throat singing is awesome. Have you heard this?

Mongols were once terrifying enemies. It strangely pains me to see how they have become weak in power, where once they ruled a vast empire. For their own sake, I hope they do what the song encourages. They would need Genghis Khan to come back and unite all their peoples again. Having an enemy like that is good for us. Keeps us strong. It is the enemies who are not so obvious and who makes us weak by subversion that I truly dislike. The Mongols gave a tremendously good fight. I admire them deeply, hands down. Absolutely not a people anyone sane would wish to fight, should they awake from their long slumber.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  20. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

No joke, I was actually listening to that this morning on Spotify. That blew me away the first time I heard it. It was a interesting modern take on traditional music.

The Mongols were truly terrifying, I absolutely agree. In my past life in Mongolia, I honestly felt scared of myself. If we somehow got locked in a room together and I crossed him, he'd just kill me without hesitation. That was the vibe I got anyway.

BenjaminFR and Ritter like this.