Music that resonates with your soul

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by SkyeSpitfire, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Member

2. Benny Price

Benny Price Member

Music is a fascinating subject when it comes to incarnating into this reality, and past life connections. Close to the time and place I was born, Suzanne Vega was born. Years ago I wrote a song called Blue Eyed Nadine, and after finding out about my shared birth day with Suzanne Vega, I looked up her biography and found out her middle name is Nadine, like the song I wrote.

I had thought about a career in music, so I studied Astrocartography to find where my sun sign shines, to become popular, and it's on the east coast, where Suzanne Vega moved as a child. I moved there for a short time, but I hated all the attention, because I love my privacy.

Several times, in songs I have written, I've included names to people I've known from past lives, and found in the future.

One of the stranger things that happened was with a song I wrote called Free Falling, based on something my ex-wife had said to me as we were breaking up. While I was writing the song over several days, Sting and Tom Petty showed up in my dreams, which I found flattering, but I couldn't figure out why they wanted to hang out with me. A year or more later Tom Petty recorded a song with the same title and premise as the one I had written.

Years later I met with a forum friend that had dated one of the band members in Sting's band, and they had written a song based on something she said to her boyfriend. While she was playing solitaire she held a queen of hearts up to her boyfriend and said something like, see this, that's not the shape of my heart. She hated that time of her life, so I didn't get a lot of details. It sounded like she went through a lot of pain because of that relationship.

This is weird, when I did a Youtube search for sting, it was the first song that showed up.

P.S. My real first name is Tom, and when I was a kid we used to drive up to the mountains to go fishing, and would drive past this small community called Tom's Place, and I always wanted to eat at the diner there, but we never stopped.

I have to wonder about Suzanne Vega's song, being I wrote a song with her name in it.

When I heard this song for the first time it really pissed me off, because I knew she was talking about William Holden, and I really liked his movies, and I wondered how it was she had never heard of him.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    glia21 and fireflydancing like this.
  3. Benny Price

Benny Price Member

And speaking of Suzanne Vega, I picked up on 9/11 many times before it happened, and I even had a date in Manhattan where we were going to be at the Twin Towers on 9/11.

It seems Suzanne Vega also picked up on 9/11 with this 1997 song:

The most disturbing thing about the song is not 9/11, but what's coming up for the future of NYC, which I have also picked up on.

The clues for the future of NYC are painted on the walls.

4. SALCa20

SALCa20 chev the monk on the mount

I think music that would is your own original music, from voice or intrument, I hope to make a invention for audio or find one in the future to be able to make any audio sound output from speakers using brain

5. Harper.

Harper. Banned by Moderators

This is me,

6. glia21

glia21 Explorer

One song that catches my mood quite precisely, last days of my PL, as I was planning to go and meet an old love of mine and my son who I had not seen for almost a decade, is Bruce Springsteens "Thunderroad".
    At the time of the accident that caused my death I was listening to 60ies songs though. And while Thunderroad still has a lot of hope and eagerness to me, these 1960s songs like HaHa said the clown, Ruby Tuesday, The Letter, and such hold a great despair but also a great attraction.

7. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

I listen to all sorts of present-day music, though I veer a lot in the direction of traditional folk melodies from across multiple countries.

I do tend to like my music with the rough edges left on, rather than refined and polished. Sometimes I hear stuff say on the radio or on a compilation CD and it just stops me in my tracks. Example of this:

and

I find those surprising, I'm not religious and these are very unlike anything I might hear in a church, it is both unknown yet disturbingly familiar.

Then there's the Mediaeval stuff, I really lose myself listening to this:

I like the percussion starting from about 11 minutes in that last recording.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    WhiteRose likes this.
  8. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Ah, I don't concentrate much at all on my former time as a troubadour/trouvere in early Medieval France, but those first two extracts take me back to something close, particularly their unrefined roughness. I sang like that. It got me into all kinds of trouble.

Speedwell likes this.
  9. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Anybody else get anything from this? It's absolutely mesmerizing

tanker and Speedwell like this.
  10. WhiteRose

WhiteRose Active Member

To be honest now i rarely listen to ANY present day music i only majority of the time listen to medieval/renaissance music because it calls out to me so much, puts me in a trance and takes me place. these ones put me into a state of home, a state of comfort, a state of "Me". i had this odd strong emotional connection to the middle ages and renaissance times of Ol' Henry VIII and Lizzie I and never new why. i had the connection for almost two years (sine sep or oct 2017) and it hasn't went away no matter HOW many times i try to get rid of the connection by trying to "ease" myself, settle into present day i just can't its like my subconscious got lost in the middle ages and renaissance age...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    tanker and AlteSeele like this.
  11. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

Drift Away, by Dobie Gray has always touched me deeply. The emotion wells up and I can't suppress it. I am always in tears by the end and I don't know why.

Waylon Jennings did a good version of it also.

God bless you all.

KenJ likes this.
  12. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi. The Calum Scott song: "You are the reason"...

It played up itself on you tube after my daughter had stopped a while back what she was looking at before, how to make cakes. When I thought it was strange that music suddenly began to play on its own after long silence, and went after to look and stop it, I saw the video of a drawn ship and the video was changing images from books as the song went by. I can't remember having heard the song before, but could have perhaps on radio without knowing, thinking about it. Anyway, I had in recent time before this had flashbacks of a loving, but torment marriage to a sailor in a pl that ended with me drowning in the 1920's. They thought it was suicide ?

Could just be something wrong with the computer at the time to start on it's own and/or to jump from baking cakes to this song ( but it still warmed my heart )

This is the lyric:

There goes my heart beating
    'Cause you are the reason
    I'm losing my sleep
    Please come back now
    There goes my mind racing
    And you are the reason
    That I'm still breathing
    I'm hopeless now
    I'd climb every mountain
    And swim every ocean
    Just to be with you
    And fix what I've broken
    Oh, 'cause I need you to see
    That you are the reason
    There goes my hand shaking
    And you are the reason
    My heart keeps bleeding
    I need you now
    If I could turn back the clock
    I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
    I'd spend every hour, of every day
    Keeping you safe
    And I'd climb every mountain
    And swim every ocean
    Just to be with you
    And fix what I've broken
    Oh, 'cause I need you to see
    That you are the reason, oh
    (I don't wanna fight no more)
    (I don't…

/Jaimie

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    KenJ likes this.
  13. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

14. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Well done video. You're losing your memory now. To Jimmy's spirit - where ever you are

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  15. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks, here is one that is more appropiate to this forum, Hard to believe the number of available of videos about him!