Music that resonates with your soul

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by SkyeSpitfire, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I listen to all sorts of present-day music, though I veer a lot in the direction of traditional folk melodies from across multiple countries.

I do tend to like my music with the rough edges left on, rather than refined and polished. Sometimes I hear stuff say on the radio or on a compilation CD and it just stops me in my tracks. Example of this:

and

I find those surprising, I'm not religious and these are very unlike anything I might hear in a church, it is both unknown yet disturbingly familiar.

Then there's the Mediaeval stuff, I really lose myself listening to this:

I like the percussion starting from about 11 minutes in that last recording.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    WhiteRose likes this.
  2. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Ah, I don't concentrate much at all on my former time as a troubadour/trouvere in early Medieval France, but those first two extracts take me back to something close, particularly their unrefined roughness. I sang like that. It got me into all kinds of trouble.

Speedwell likes this.
  3. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Anybody else get anything from this? It's absolutely mesmerizing

Jet, tanker and Speedwell like this.
  4. WhiteRose

WhiteRose Banned by Moderators

To be honest now i rarely listen to ANY present day music i only majority of the time listen to medieval/renaissance music because it calls out to me so much, puts me in a trance and takes me place. these ones put me into a state of home, a state of comfort, a state of "Me". i had this odd strong emotional connection to the middle ages and renaissance times of Ol' Henry VIII and Lizzie I and never new why. i had the connection for almost two years (sine sep or oct 2017) and it hasn't went away no matter HOW many times i try to get rid of the connection by trying to "ease" myself, settle into present day i just can't its like my subconscious got lost in the middle ages and renaissance age...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    tanker and AlteSeele like this.
  5. Nobody Special

Nobody Special Member

Drift Away, by Dobie Gray has always touched me deeply. The emotion wells up and I can't suppress it. I am always in tears by the end and I don't know why.

Waylon Jennings did a good version of it also.

God bless you all.

Jet and KenJ like this.
  6. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

7. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, here is one that is more appropiate to this forum, Hard to believe the number of available of videos about him!

8. Jet

Jet Active Member

My favorite music now is The Hu band. Mongolian heavy metal played on Mongolian instruments.

Speedwell likes this.
  9. Jet

Jet Active Member

This one is actually better. The Hu band. Mongolian metal

Speedwell likes this.
  10. Jet

Jet Active Member

I played music backwards and discovered I wasn't the first one to post The Hu band. Oh well. Mongolian throat singing is cool.

On another note I love Aramaic

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  11. Jet

Jet Active Member

I remember this song. Not from a last life. From this life as a child.

12. Richard St. Clair

Richard St. Clair Senior Member

I love the music of classical romantic composer, Robert Schumann. His Piano Concerto I love to listen to over and over. It is sheer magic and touches me very deeply.

Speedwell likes this.
  13. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

14. Native Son

Native Son Senior Member

There are two that resonate for my soul. The first one is strictly an instrumental and a sort of vibration confirmation, and whose title relates to the second song's title, as the lyrics is a revelation of sort, as I have always resonated with Socrates/Plato, and considered myself a philosopher of sort. Perhaps only just a ragged philosopher, in truth. But true philosophy, as Socrates defined it, is the seeking of truth, and also practicing dying (reincarnation). Anyway, the one goes with the other, as far as my musical taste goes. However, I must state here that most music resonates with my soul, in general. And I must also state that, in my opinion, all music is inspired from "heaven" above, or as the ancient Greeks believed, it was Apollo and the Muses that inspired all earthly artists. But perhaps it may be more of a matter that we souls have existed forever, and therefore already know all things, including all music, which we must have listened to, in eternity. Also, Socrates did tell us that philosophy is the noblest and best of music.

Upon this Cebes said: I am glad, Socrates, that you have mentioned the name of Aesop. For it reminds me of a question which has been asked by many, and was asked of me only the day before yesterday by Evenus the poet –he will be sure to ask it again, and therefore if you would like me to have an answer ready for him, you may as well tell me what I should say to him:–he wanted to know why you, who never before wrote a line of poetry, now that you are in prison are turning Aesop’s fables into verse, and also composing that hymn in honour of Apollo. Tell him, Cebes, he replied, what is the truth–that I had no idea of rivalling him or his poems; to do so, as I knew, would be no easy task. But I wanted to see whether I could purge away a scruple which I felt about the meaning of certain dreams. In the course of my life I have often had intimations in dreams ’that I should compose music.’ The same dream came to me sometimes in one form, and sometimes in another, but always saying the same or nearly the same words: ’Cultivate and make music,’ said the dream. And hitherto I had imagined that this was only intended to exhort and encourage me in the study of philosophy, which has been the pursuit of my life, and is the noblest and best of music

1)

2)

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun
    Shine on you crazy diamond
    Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky
    You were caught on the crossfire of childhood and stardom
    Blown on the steel breeze
    Come on you target for faraway laughter
    Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine
    You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon
    Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light
    Well you wore out your welcome with random precision
    Rode on the steel breeze
    Come on you raver, you seer of visions
    Come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine
    Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far
    Pile on many more layers and I'll be joining you there
    And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph, and sail on the steel breeze
    Come on you boy child, you winner and loser
    Come on you miner for truth and delusion, and shine!

15. Grel

Grel A Quebecker stuck in an American body

Oddly, when I hear the song 'Its my party' by Leslie Gore, I think of Montreal in the warm months. It makes me feel happy and I find myself singing along to it.
    -Grel

16. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Member

The Second Waltz (Dimitri Shostakovich)

Klaud likes this.
  17. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

I love that song so much! It's one of my favorite classical pieces. We played it when I was in high school band, although I've forgotten the notes to it.

18. Petrichor

Petrichor Senior Member

I can't believe I only found this thread now! Music is so important to me, (even though I've never had a flashback from a past life while listening to music)... it's just the feelings I get from certain music are so special. I think folk music in general, modern folk inspired music, and "fantasy" music makes me feel the most at home, because there's always something familiar about it that feels like home and reminds me of older times even though there's a new spin on it which I love! I think I'm just the kind of person who's always looking for a new angle and innovation and that's why this music really speaks to me. Where old meets new, that's where my soul is!

Some of my favourites:

Speedwell likes this.
  19. Petrichor

Petrichor Senior Member

Also sometimes modern mainstream music speaks to me on a deeper level too, if I feel like the song is "about me" (especially the lyrics) because that means either that someone in this world feels exactly like me, could imagine what it is to feel like me, or that songs can be interpreted in so many ways that even if other people who relate to it, do it for different reason, there's still some common ground for us which we could use to understand each other! All of that is so encouraging to think about! Sometimes I can't even tell why I relate to a song, and I usually think that's past life related, and I just can't consciously remember...

Some songs that pierce straight to my soul and gave me chills upon hearing them the first time:

20. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Well if I had to pick something that really moved me deeply it would be Solarized from Above and Beyond.
    While listing to this the first time I briefly experience cosmic consciousness. So much information came to the surface of my awareness that I just could not process all
    at once. I cried the first time while listening as it reminded me of my NDE I had many years ago during which I had cosmic consciousness which takes place on the upper
    mental plane. The whole album is actually worth listening to but the last track on this music video really did move me a lot. So I guess this is where my soul resonate from.

From the album Above and Beyond Flow state

Above and Beyond Solarized

Enjoy.

Love and peace

P.