• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My partner’s dream and ‘memories’

Oria61

My partner has a recurring dream from childhood. He was driving a car on a deserted stretch of highway. There is little in the way of trees, and it is around sunset. In the distance he can see what he describes as the lights of an American style diner or bar. He pulls in beside the diner/bar and gets out of the car. Recently he woke up with the name of the street he was driving on. I found the names of some people that were associated with a hotel on that street. He had a strong emotional response to these people and ‘remembered’ details of their lives. I was able to narrow down connections between these people and believe I have found the person whose life he appears to remember. It is almost like I’ve opened a tap because a flood of specific and detailed information has followed.

My partner has a recurring dream from childhood. He was driving a car on a deserted stretch of highway. There is little in the way of trees, and it is around sunset. In the distance he can see what he describes as the lights of an American style diner or bar. He pulls in beside the diner/bar and gets out of the car. Recently he woke up with the name of the street he was driving on. I found the names of some people that were associated with a hotel on that street. He had a strong emotional response to these people and ‘remembered’ details of their lives. I was able to narrow down connections between these people and believe I have found the person whose life he appears to remember. It is almost like I’ve opened a tap because a flood of specific and detailed information has followed.
Hi Oria61,

This is very interesting. More details and/or updates would be welcome.

Cordially,
S&S

Hi Sea and Sky,

Thank you for asking:) I am not exactly sure what to share. Neither my partner or I are in any way religious, or even spiritual, and this experience has thrown us both. It all seems a little crazy.

The person and people he ’remembers’ did not live nice, upstanding lives, which has made this doubly strange. My initial thought was we would not have gotten along and then I hope that this person’s personality is not going to suddenly appear in the present and also I’m not sure how much more I want him to remember.

It is also a bit problematic in that the person did have a public profile in the 1940s. There is information available about him on the Internet, so I can’t discount that my partner had come across it at some point. We have been together going on 18 years and while we have discussed the dream over time, the person it now seems centred around has never been a person of interest even in a small way in our lives.

Some of the ‘remembered’ details:
* His parents names, which weirdly turned out to be our current names.
* The street name of the house where he was killed.
* An item that was in his pocket when he was killed.
*. Recognition of friends photos, details of where their families came from, sisters names Etc.
*. The location of a restaurant, no longer in existence where he ate the night he died.
* He also did this persons signature on a legal document by mistake. It is pretty much identical, except that it was done on an iPad. you can imagine trying to explain that to the Notary!
* Description of personal items, cuff links, rings.

Most of the memories seems to be triggered by photographs.

I am sorry for not being more specific in the details. At this stage I feel very strange sharing at all.

Oria61

Hi Oria61. Your story is interesting. We all seem to awaken to these "experiences" when it's our time. There are no accidents in my way of thinking. Trust your instincts and inner voice. Stay vigilant to the world around you... watch for the synchronicities that usually accompany awakenings. I encourage you to keep a journal, not only as a record of your experience but also as a therapeutic method of coming to terms with it. With blessings, ~Tman

PS Welcome to the forum!!

Hi Oria61. Your story is interesting. We all seem to awaken to these "experiences" when it's our time. There are no accidents in my way of thinking. Trust your instincts and inner voice. Stay vigilant to the world around you... watch for the synchronicities that usually accompany awakenings. I encourage you to keep a journal, not only as a record of your experience but also as a therapeutic method of coming to terms with it. With blessings, ~Tman

PS Welcome to the forum!!
Thank you for your kind thoughts, Tinkerman. I will keep you suggestions in mind.

Back