My Regression Experience

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Athlynne, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Athlynne

Athlynne Senior Registered

I had my very first professional past-life regression yesterday, and, as promised, here I am to tell you all how it went.

The doctor I went to was very nice, and seemed eager to put me at ease, talking me through how it would go for a while before we started. He must have noticed how anxious I was. I'm agoraphobic and generally in a panicked state whenever in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. But I liked him immediately, and I had both of my parents with me in the office, and he happily answered our questions and made sure we all knew exactly what would happen.

He and I went into the room he uses for hypnosis, a very simply decorated room, and I sat in a very comfy chair a few feet away from him. He directed my attention to a blanket available to me if I got cold - he said that in deeply relaxed states the body cools down - and a footstool which, looking back, I probably should have used. I have some pain issues with my feet and they distracted me a bit during hypnosis.

He turned off the main light so the room became dim, and begin talking me into the trance. It took much longer than I expected, a whole process of relaxing the body first, then the mind, then a series of visualizations, which I guess are used to trigger the subconscious mind into taking over. I must say, I don't think I've ever been that relaxed in my life, except for when I'm asleep.

Unfortunately I snapped out of the hypnosis after only a short time. I did go to the Marie Antoinette lifetime, but it was to a particularly anxious moment. The anxieties of two lives at once - I was shaking the entire time and my hands were like ice. Most of that time I was in the same beautiful room that I often flash to, all gold fixtures, exquisite painted walls and ceiling, varnished wood that I still quite like...but I kept staring at the door, anxious to hear panicked voices outside, terrified of the door opening and of who might come in. I felt somewhat stuck between this life and that one, one foot in each, feeling the fear of both. When the doc asked me what year it was, I knew it was 1789, and that was the year the Bastille was stormed. I feel that the unrest in the government was felt very much in the palace of Versailles, and Antoinette had a terrible fear that it would be attacked by a mob as well.

There were a few nicer moments, running through the grass under the sunlight while holding my skirts up, walking and laughing with a pretty dark-haired woman who I think was my sister-in-law then, Elisabeth; a terribly brief flash of a little blond boy giggling and running toward me from the trees, and that would have been my youngest and favorite child Louis Charles. These flashes were mostly the ones I see often, but with a bit more detail. The doctor had told me that some people feel the regression more than actually see it, and I turned out to be one of those people. I had expected a sort of technicolor, this-is-your-life movie, but it was mainly the emotions I felt.

After a short while, I felt so stuck the whole time between this life and that one, so anxious, that I couldn't go on. I was, strangely, so scared of the hypnotist finding out who I was. Talking about it on the Net is difficult enough; face-to-face is still rather excruciating. I did feel better and stronger after it was over, though I am a bit disappointed. Probably I should be more relaxed with people first, before I do another one.

I was very disoriented for a while after I came out of it, and I talked to the doc for a while about the process of regression, and he gave me some ideas about using things I loved from that lifetime in this one to help with my agoraphobia. He took notes on what I said during the regression, which he gave to me, and recorded the whole thing on a cd for me.

Overall, though I didn't really learn much new information as I'd hoped I would, it was a very positive learning experience, and the doctor was absolutely wonderful. Anyone who lives around San Mateo and wants to try regression, I will happily recommend this doctor, and if you want his information please private message me.

I'm sorry I don't have a more dramatic, speaking-in-tongues story for you guys; I've come to realize that that's not the norm for PLRs. But I hope I've been a bit interesting, or at least informative. :)

2. Saau Hatshepsut

Saau Hatshepsut Senior Registered

Hi Athlynne,

I'm glad to hear that your experience was a positive one. I'm sure you would have liked to have learnt more about your lives, but from what I've read of your posts, you seem quite happy and confident in your knowledge of them already - and that's the most important thing.
    I've felt a similar sort of anxiety associated with past lives that you describe, and for me it usually means that there's something there I'm not ready to learn. If that's the case, it's just a matter of time and acceptance, not a session or three, that will break down the blocks.
    The good thing is that once the door is opened, details tend to keep coming, sometimes at the most unexpected times. These things happen at their own pace, and often hindsight shows the reason for it.
    Again, I'm happy it went well, *S*

Cheers,

Saau

3. Fab

Fab Senior Registered

Hi Athlynne, :)

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
    Don't be disappointed! I've heard that a lot of people can't remember much on their first PL regression, maybe due to anxiety. ;) Perhaps next time you can try self-regression and see how it goes. :)

4. Szofie

Szofie Senior Registered

Oh good I am glad you posted your experience Athlynne. I was hoping you would. I was one of those 'feelers' too and it was kind of confusing when I was regressed because the first thing I would feel was my internal state, without any sense of surroundings. Disorienting! I think if you do it again you would be able to concentrate more, having got the strangeness and new-ness of the experience out of the way. :)

5. Athlynne

:) Thank you, guys.

6. Eevee

Eevee Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Athlynne,

Thanx for sharing. You know, Carol Bowman once told me that a regression often is the first step, like a door that you opened, and that it is not uncommon that after a while more memories surface. Keep us posted !

Eevee

7. Athlynne

Thank you, Eevee, I will.

8. tltfaas

tltfaas New Member

Glad to meet you Athlynne

Athlynne,

I was interested to read your regression experience because I was a scullery maid in the court of Marie Antoinette. Despite my disgusting tasks (cleaning up after people who relieved themselves on the stairs) I was happy. One big reason for my happiness is that Marie Antoinette smiled at me several times while I was working. I've read several books about Marie and get upset at the misconceptions about her life.

I hope that you, in your present incarnation, are having a wonderful life. As Marie Antoinette you got used and hurt by many people and you didn't deserve it.

Bonnie

9. Athlynne

Thank you, ttlfas. That means a great deal to me. And I'm glad to know that in your past life I was able to occasionally make you happier with a smile. I can't imagine your life then was very easy either! :)

10. Hippy16

Hippy16 Senior Registered

wow, i wish i could go to a proffesional hypnotist. oh, on a side note, you said you seen yourself running through the grass holding your dress up-for some reason that gave me a strong flash back. i could smell the grass, feel its dampness, and smell the freshness i dont know. i could just really visualize what you said. it was weird, but nice.

11. Athlynne

That's interesting, Hippy. Maybe the imagery I described prompted an old memory of your own?

Let me know if you have any more flashes like that!

12. Sacramentum

Sacramentum Senior Registered

Thank you for sharing your experience! Was lovely to read what you went through. Good luck in future regression sessions!!

13. Indian

Indian Senior Registered

Hi Athlynne,

Have you had more memories since your regression?

I've read about count Axel von Fersen & his close friendship or romance with Marie Antoinette - do you have any comments or memories?

Do you remember people from that life that you recognise in this life, too?

14. Athlynne

Hi Indian,

I've had flashes since the regression, mostly the same things...I saw orange trees at one point, more of the gardens, and mirrors...frustratingly short moments of memory. I still feel things more than see them. I'm working on it.

I've met a few people that I suspect I knew in that life, here mostly...and my former sister-in-law. I've gotten to be good friends with the former Mozart as well; as Antoinette I only had one day with him, and I'm happy for the chance to improve upon that.

It's a bit difficult to talk about Monsieur de Fersen. I don't have any clear memories of him, only feelings, and I still feel the need to keep those secret. I can say that I did love him, but only that, for now.

I hope I've answered your questions well!

15. curious_girl

curious_girl Curious Member

Very strange...

But when I read the past life memories of former royalty, I can still feel their royal "aura".
    And I also feel again the respect I had in my previous life for higher placed persons.
    It feels a bit too humble for my opinion, but it feels real.

I wonder where queen Victoria and Elisabeth of Austria are this time around.
    Elisabeth was something special, I think every 19th century man
    was secretly in love with her :)
    She is still my kind of girl, I wonder if she's among us.

Curious Girl.

16. GreenKnight

GreenKnight Senior Registered

Excellent question Curious Girl. Yes what would the formidable Victoria be up to now? :D

17. curious_girl

Victoria sells illegal imported cigarettes in the streets of Manilla ;)

But to be serious for a moment, I love to read all these personal stories,
    it makes history and royalty more human.
    Once upon a time I thought that history was romantic,
    once upon a time my school teacher said that history is all about politics.
    But history is the story of humanity,
    and our personal past lives
    are our own little human history.

Curious Girl.

18. zetascair20086

zetascair20086 New Member

Avatar:My last life Jill Montgomery in 1982
    There was someone on this forum claiming to have been queen Victoria but I don't remember which name they went by. I think it was Angella Ashton, but searching through their posts I can't find her claiming being her, unless those posts got deleted. But I think that she was the one, but I may be wrong. They haven't posted here for about a year.

19. curious_girl

Yes, I remember her :)
    But I don't think she ever mentioned who she was.

Curious Girl.