nightmare in a child too young to talk

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by DDDWYER, Dec 14, 2004.

1. DDDWYER

DDDWYER New Member

I am new to the forum but am not sure where to get more info. I have a 20 month old son who has begun to wake up at night with horrible nightmares. When we go to him to comfort him, he hits us and pushes us away. He will scream endlessly. I mean scream, as in peel the wallpaper off the walls scream. Nothing will comfort him. He isn't talking much, just a few words like kitty and water so he isn't able to communicate with us what is going on but I am convinced that he is experiencing something. I have tried telling him as a rock him at night that he is loved, safe and that he is Steven now and that we are not the same mommy and daddy he has had before. I don't know if he understands but it hasn't much helped.

Is it possible to do past life regression with non-verbal children? If we can speak in languages from previous experiences then isn't it feasible that a child who hasn't developed strong verbal skills yet could still communicate through a regression?

Where do I go to find someone who regressed my son or help me to guide him to a resolution?

He has also within the last month become hysterical at bathtime and bedtime. It goes beyond the normal objections to ending the day and we have tried to keep his normal routine going so as not to disrupt him.

I would welcome any advise and suggestions
    Thanks.....Diane

2. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hi Diana

I’m sorry to hear about your sons troubling dreams.

I’m really not sure whether non-verbal children would be good subjects for hypnotic regression personally (see here) – but talking to your own child whilst he is asleep may be equally as helpful. I know you mention that you rock him asleep in such a manner, but maybe it would also be worth saying these things whilst he is asleep and in an altered state of consciousness…the message should slowly bleed into his sleep and may relax him as he receives these messages of comfort.

If you don’t mind me asking, where does he sleep presently??? Have you tried moving his bed/cot into other rooms in your house???

3. mertzie

mertzie Senior Registered

Dear DDD - My heart goes out to you. I am "mertzie" on the thread Kelly so kindly posted. Please read my story about my son. We struggled for 12 years with night terrors and nightmares.

Your son will recover. I wish I could say sooner than later, but I don't know: everyone's different. Yes, your son is processing trauma from another experience. He chose you for your love and support. I don't know if he can be regressed this young. I wish you luck finding out. My son didn't have to be regressed; he just had to be conscious and confront his dreams. He cried for 45 minutes - then he was healed. Thank God.

Keep us informed - :) Mary

4. janababy

janababy Senior Registered

Hi, Diane! :)

Your poor little guy...my son had a few similar experiences when he was very young, and there is something that helped me to stop his night terrors.

When your son is sleeping, speak just loud enough for him to hear your words, you don't want to wake him. It is when young children are sleeping that they are the most receptive to your words, since the spirit mind is fully awake and able to fully absorb and understand what you are saying. Tell him that his past lives are over; that he's in a new life in a new body that is healthy and whole and that anything that may have happened in his past lives are over, never to be experienced again. Tell him that he is very loved, very safe, and that you will do everything you can to make sure that this life is full of happiness and love. I would say these words to my son and silently ask God to heal any past life wounds within him ask I stroked his hair. I have always had "healing hands", but so does everyone else. The healing power all comes from the same place, and it's all there for everyone's access. Just ask God to help you heal him. It's really as simple as that.

After a while of repeating this to my son, his night terrors stopped. If I managed to get to him before he woke up (as he was crying in his sleep...I hated when he did that; it broke my heart) and started speaking to him, reassuring him, and stroking his hair, he would calm down and sleep peacefully.

Now, at 3 years old, he has interesting dreams. He laughs in his sleep and last night, he was actually calling out his own name, as if he were looking for himself...kind of cute, actually. He was angry at me the night before for "taking off his nails" ; *lol*. He had a habit of biting his nails that I have recently broken, but he had a dream where he was biting them again and I came along and took his nails off of his hands. All day he kept asking me why I took his nails off; he was quite upset that I would do such a thing. :)

Good luck with your little guy! :)

Jen.

5. DDDWYER

DDDWYER New Member

Thanks to everyone for the help. I will try to speak to my son's higher self while he is sleeping. I have also asked my guides to watch over him and help him find the resolution he needs.

I will keep you all posted.....Diane

6. Kelly

Please do Diane, it would be wonderful to hear how you get on with him :)

7. bishopk

bishopk Senior Registered

I second Kelly's motion, Diane - please do keep us posted on how he progresses and if any of the suggestions mentioned here work for you. Looks like you've gotten some great advice.

Aimee

8. DDDWYER

DDDWYER New Member

Well my son had another horrible night last night. He awoke at about 11:00PM screaming and once again would not let my husband or me comfort him. He pushed us away, swatted at us and would drop to his back in the crib and scream. When I asked him if he wanted to come to mommy he said NO. When I asked him if he wanted to rock he said NO.When I finally did pick him up, he squirmed and fought until I put him down where he continued to cry and scream. It was a cross between a nightmare and a major temper tantrum. I don't know where one stops and the other begins so it is so hard to know what to do. He has just started in the last week with the dreaded terrible two's tantrums.

I called his pediatrician today and will see him tomorrow. I guess I just need to rule out ear infection or any obvious medical ailment but my heart tells me that this not a matter for the pediatrician, except to perhaps give me some advise on his tantrums which are another story::D

I have been whispering in his ear at night as I rock (the past 2 night)and am not sure if it is helping or not. My husband commented last night that when he was looking at us, it was as if he was looking through us. I wonder was it us he was seeing or was he so entranced that he was seeing before him someone from a previous life. I have experienced some incredible things in my own life with spirit and messages so it's not a matter of not believing what is happening. It's just that I don't know what to do with the knowledge that something is going on with him.

I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of any healers working with small children. Perhaps if I can find a clairvoyant in my area, they might be able to receive enough information from spirit to at least guide me in some direction.Just thinking out loud now.

I will keep all informed and thanks again for all the support and advise....Diane

9. mertzie

mertzie Senior Registered

I wish I had a person in your area to recommend.

I just wanted to tell you that when your son is "looking through you" he is not seeing you. He is experiencing the other thing that is haunting him. Never take it personally.

10. Kelly

Hi Diane

It’s certainly worth ruling out all the viable and possible medical reasons for some of his behaviour during sleep, as even if it does not eradicate the present pattern, it may help alleviate it (and your mind) at least.

I will research online today and over the weekend and see if I can find any further help for you in regards to your little boy. One thing I might suggest, is that you contact Carol Bowman personally through e-mail, directing her to this thread (save yourself some writing time) and I will do the same from my end. I have no doubt she is incredibly busy at the moment (what with the time of year and all), but she might be able to point you in the right direction, or offer you some other help or advice on the subject ;)

Mertzie made a very good point based on your husbands observations…in this state, he is obviously not seeing you guys - which is then inadvertently dictating his responses and continued distress. Have you tried the blue light suggestion in his room and maybe leaving a light on at night (all night if needed)???

Wishing you all the best and sending plenty of love and light your families way...

11. Hammy

Hammy Senior Registered

Hello Diane,
    I wish you and your son well in sorting out his nighttime troubles and for what it's worth I think you are going the right way about it.
    I suffered terrible night terrors well into adulthood that in the end I learned to control myself, and therefore block or escape from them most of the time. Even now if for some reason I am alone at night I often put the light on. I don't recall having terrors quite as bad as your little boy's sounds though and my heart goes out to him.
    Best wishes to you.
    Hammy.

12. Angella Ashton

Angella Ashton Senior Registered

Hello Diane,
    I am really sorry about the nightmares of your son.
    I hope you don't mind me asking but does your son have any babysitters that he might be scared of?Anyone that he is left alone with who might have scared him?

13. janababy

janababy Senior Registered

Hello again, Diane! :)

Keep speaking to your son as he sleeps, in time, it will do wonders. I have heard of children being "cured" pretty much overnight, but others may need more time. Sometimes the scars are so deep that they take extra time to heal.

Jen. :)

14. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Question ----------

HI Diane,

You said -
    Have you had any visions - or messages about his past and what is happening to him? Or does your statement reflect other experiences not related to his?

15. Zapperannie

Zapperannie New Member

Dear Diane,

I am really sorry to read what you're all having to experience, and wish that I could join in and try to help some too.

God bless you ALL with an abundance of love and light,
    Zapperannie
    ;)

PS: I didn't intend visiting this site today, but believe that I too was guided here to deliver this little message. It's really quite extraordinary how all of our angels and guides join forces to 'collectively' help each of us on Earth.