oklahoma city bombing

Discussion in 'Children's Cases - Archive' started by Lakeah, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lakeah

Lakeah Senior Registered

This is a bit of a story, but my five year daughter has recently started talking about what could only be the Oklahoma City bombing. This is not a surprise, she has been talking past life stuff since she was three and my other two girls also did, but this is different to me b/c it is so much in the present.

Lakeah

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Oklahoma city bombing

2. Lakeah

Lakeah Senior Registered

I was standing at the sink washing the dishes and she was painting with her watercolors. Her two older sisters, 7 & 8, were at school. She's talking while she's painting and I am half paying attention. I hear her say , "Okla...Oklaho....Oklahoma. Have we ever been to Oklahoma?" I said, "No." "Well is there a place called OK?" "Yes, it is a state." "Do you remember when we lived there?" No I don't remember.

So, then I look at her picture and she is painting a building. And at the beginning I am not thinking a thing...she said we used to go there and you could go out on it and she started painting like a balcony. I said 'Oh'. And then she said, "but a man who acted nice, but was really mean, ran his truck into it and it caught on fire and all fell down." Abit taken back, I then said, "did you see something on the t.v. about OK?" She hadn't. I asked her sisters when they got home. They hardly knew OK was a state. So, then the rest of that day she is loving OK. She tells me how they have schools there and how they have parks and libraries even. She told me she was little and she knew it was going to happen and tried to tell people to leave, but they couldn't understand her b/c she was 1.

This has been a few months ago. I bring it up once in a while and she does too. She misses it genuinely. She talks about a friend she wants to go see who is her age now--5. She asks if we could go. We live in Ohio, so I tell her someday. I've asked if she remembers her name or mom or dads. All she can tell me is that she had brown skin, we are presently white, and a brother named Jackson who used to try and get her in trouble, but the mom knew she really didn't do anything wrong. One time I asked her what kind of building fell down. Amazingly she told me a City Building. She tells me though how she and her sisters now knew they had to be born together.

I will tell you I had to do a little looking up on this b/c when the bombing happened, 1995, I was 22. I of course remember it and the tragedy of it, but at 22 I was thinking of other things of course, like myself. :) So, it's been interesting and sad to read it about it 10 years later.

So, that's pretty much it right now--this daughter remembers the most out of all three, so I am not surprised at her remembering I am sad it has to be so present. And I am not quite sure what to do with the info.

Peace- Lakeah

3. Lakeah

Lakeah Senior Registered

We had an interesting winter/spring/summer--memories come and go. I've continued to journal. I know I don't write nearly enough--she knows so much. I can tell you this much, during the 10 year anniverary of the Ok bombing I did NOT let her watch anything on TV b/c of past experience with her seeing 9.11 stuff on t.v--she buried her head and said "that was just like Oklahoma." (We left the room needless to say.) I did though pull up some pictures of everything. One had Timothy McVeigh in it, along with police. I asked if she knew anyone in the picture--she pointed to the police and told me such and then pointed to T. M and said, "that's the man that acted nice, but was really mean and drove the truck into the building." Whoa. She has a friend she'll talk about and how she misses her--and how she really wants to go. I tell her someday.

During the summer she asked if she ever told me about NYC.(we've never been--but as a child I was obsessed with moving there too) I said no. She continued to tell me there are tall buildings and she liked the one that had a very pointy top with a clock on top.(Empire State?) She told me there is a rail that goes around so people don't fall off and there used to be a rug, but she doesn't think it's there anymore. The rail doesn't even have a space between the floor and the rail. This is a story, but she told me that the man who blew up the Ok building was the man who killed her then. She said he had a little gun in his pocket and he wanted her to be his friend, but she wouldn't-so he took it out and shot her. Let me tell you--she's never seen a real gun and we don't watch violent movies--I believe her with everything else she's shared. She told me also she had brown skin and spoke "mexican." She told me her sister smoked and died of cancer. Her parents took her everywhere in NY and her favorite part was seeing all the different buildings.

She's an amazing child--though her smarts are trying at times. Last week she told me she didn't have to listen to me b/c I am not her real mom. (I told her this time around I was and she needed to understand that I am here to help her.) That opened up a bunch of ideas for me--is that the thing with some kids--they don't feel connected to these parents...to this life? Oh well.

Lakeah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.