oklahoma city bombing

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Lakeah, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Lakeah

Lakeah Senior Registered

This is a bit of a story, but my five year daughter has recently started talking about what could only be the Oklahoma City bombing. This is not a surprise, she has been talking past life stuff since she was three and my other two girls also did, but this is different to me b/c it is so much in the present.

So, what I am wondering is if there are any other children out there starting to speak out about this?

Peace,
    Lakeah

2. bishopk

bishopk Senior Registered

Hi Lakeah - I'm not sure if I've seen any such stories here but I might have missed some.

Do you have specifics of what your daughter's saying that you care to share?

Aimee

3. Lakeah

Lakeah Senior Registered

Oh, I'd love to share.

I was standing at the sink washing the dishes and she was painting with her watercolors. Her two older sisters, 7 & 8, were at school. She's talking while she's painting and I am half paying attention. I hear her say , "Okla...Oklaho....Oklahoma. Have we ever been to Oklahoma?" I said, "No." "Well is there a place called OK?" "Yes, it is a state." "Do you remember when we lived there?" No I don't remember.

So, then I look at her picture and she is painting a building. And at the beginning I am not thinking a thing...she said we used to go there and you could go out on it and she started painting like a balcony. I said 'Oh'. And then she said, "but a man who acted nice, but was really mean, ran his truck into it and it caught on fire and all fell down." Abit taken back, I then said, "did you see something on the t.v. about OK?" She hadn't. I asked her sisters when they got home. They hardly knew OK was a state. So, then the rest of that day she is loving OK. She tells me how they have schools there and how they have parks and libraries even. She told me she was little and she knew it was going to happen and tried to tell people to leave, but they couldn't understand her b/c she was 1.

This has been a few months ago. I bring it up once in a while and she does too. She misses it genuinely. She talks about a friend she wants to go see who is her age now--5. She asks if we could go. We live in Ohio, so I tell her someday. I've asked if she remembers her name or mom or dads. All she can tell me is that she had brown skin, we are presently white, and a brother named Jackson who used to try and get her in trouble, but the mom knew she really didn't do anything wrong. One time I asked her what kind of building fell down. Amazingly she told me a City Building. She tells me though how she and her sisters now knew they had to be born together.

I will tell you I had to do a little looking up on this b/c when the bombing happened, 1995, I was 22. I of course remember it and the tragedy of it, but at 22 I was thinking of other things of course, like myself.:) So, it's been interesting and sad to read it about it 10 years later.

So, that's pretty much it right now--this daughter remembers the most out of all three, so I am not surprised at her remembering I am sad it has to be so present. And I am not quite sure what to do with the info.

Peace- Lakeah

4. dove

dove New Member

some names of the dead listed here

http://mrmom.amaonline.com/special/inmemoryof.htm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,26801,00.html

America's Kids Child Development Center

Baylee Almon, 1, Oklahoma City

Danielle Nicole Bell, 15 months, Oklahoma City

Zachary Taylor Chavez, 3, Oklahoma City

Dana LeAnne Cooper, 24, Moore

Anthony Christopher Cooper II, 2, Moore

Antonio Ansara Cooper Jr., 6 months, Midwest City

Aaron M. Coverdale, 5.50, Oklahoma City

Elijah S. Coverdale, 2.50, Oklahoma City

Jaci Rae Coyne, 14 months, Moore

Brenda Faye Daniels, 42, Oklahoma City

Taylor Santoi Eaves, 8 months, Midwest City

Tevin D'Aundrae Garrett, 16 months, Midwest City

Kevin "Lee" Gottshall II, 6 months, Norman

Wanda Lee Howell, 34, Spencer

Blake Ryan Kennedy, 1.50, Amber

Dominique Ravae (Johnson)-London, 2, Oklahoma City

Chase Dalton Smith, 3, Oklahoma City

Colton Wade Smith, 2, Oklahoma City

Daina Bradley went to the Murrah building social security office that morning with her two children, her mother and sister.
    "I turned around and looked out the window," Bradley said. "I seen the yellow Ryder truck drive up. It was very unusual (because) downtown they do not allow moving trucks."

The two men got out, walked "rapidly" away, and then the explosion hit. "A flash of light come over a desk . . . I was trapped," she said. "I was in there for five hours."

Bradley's right leg was amputated so she could be freed from the wreckage. Her children, 3-year-old Peachlyn Bradley and 4-month-old Gabreon Bruce, died along with her mother, Cheryl Hammons. Daina Bradley's sister was severely burned.

5. bishopk

Thanks for posting all that, Dove. I had a vague recollection of a daycare center being housed in that building; that's what came to mind about Lakeah's daughter and her memories.

Aimee

6. Rae70

Rae70 Senior Registered

bishop this is a fascinating example of PL memory in its rawest form. I would love to hear any more information that may ensue. Thank you for sharing that with us.

7. bishopk

Rae70, it was Lakeah's daughter who's been having the possible PL memories.

When I said I'd had a vague recollection of the daycare center in that building, I was referring to what I recalled from news reports.

Sorry if I didn't make myself more clear.

Aimee

8. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Lakeah,

I have forwarded this thread to Carol Bowman. Perhaps she can help direct you -on how to proceed. If she doesn' get a hold of you - feel free to e-mail her. She is very busy right now.

I hope you are keeping a journal that describes not only what your daughter is saying - but the circumstances around the memory. What time of day - what she was doing - who she is with...etc.

9. Lakeah

Lakeah Senior Registered

Thank you for the replies. I am keeping a journal of it. We have a "book" she likes to draw pictures in of OK and then I write about it. I am going to share the pictures with her, but not tell her what they are and see what her response is.

Thank you and I will keep you updated. This morning I asked her what happened after she died in OK and she told me she went to Africa where the sunflowers are and then she died. The end.
    Those were her words and then she didn't want to talk about it anymore.

Peace- Lakeah

10. Deborah

Hi Lakeah,

How is the journaling going? How is she doing? Any other expressions? Memories? *S*S*S Let us know. :)

11. Lakeah

Lakeah Senior Registered

Well, sorry it took me so long to respond...

We had an interesting winter/spring/summer--memories come and go. I've continued to journal. I know I don't write nearly enough--she knows so much. I can tell you this much, during the 10 year anniverary of the Ok bombing I did NOT let her watch anything on TV b/c of past experience with her seeing 9.11 stuff on t.v--she buried her head and said "that was just like Oklahoma." (We left the room needless to say.) I did though pull up some pictures of everything. One had Timothy McVeigh in it, along with police. I asked if she knew anyone in the picture--she pointed to the police and told me such and then pointed to T. M and said, "that's the man that acted nice, but was really mean and drove the truck into the building." Whoa. She has a friend she'll talk about and how she misses her--and how she really wants to go. I tell her someday.

During the summer she asked if she ever told me about NYC.(we've never been--but as a child I was obsessed with moving there too) I said no. She continued to tell me there are tall buildings and she liked the one that had a very pointy top with a clock on top.(Empire State?) She told me there is a rail that goes around so people don't fall off and there used to be a rug, but she doesn't think it's there anymore. The rail doesn't even have a space between the floor and the rail. This is a story, but she told me that the man who blew up the Ok building was the man who killed her then. She said he had a little gun in his pocket and he wanted her to be his friend, but she wouldn't-so he took it out and shot her. Let me tell you--she's never seen a real gun and we don't watch violent movies--I believe her with everything else she's shared. She told me also she had brown skin and spoke "mexican." She told me her sister smoked and died of cancer. Her parents took her everywhere in NY and her favorite part was seeing all the different buildings.

She's an amazing child--though her smarts are trying at times. Last week she told me she didn't have to listen to me b/c I am not her real mom. (I told her this time around I was and she needed to understand that I am here to help her.) That opened up a bunch of ideas for me--is that the thing with some kids--they don't feel connected to these parents...to this life? Oh well.

Well, have a great week.
    Peace and love- Lakeah

12. Deborah

HI Lakeah,

Your daughter expressed that she was a child during the Oklahoma City bombings - correct? It seems as though she is remembering two past lives. One in NY and a later one in Oklahoma. Is that a possibility from your perspective? I am very interested in your daughters memories.

Thank you for sharing, and I apologize it has taken me so long to respond. Somehow I missed your post. :( I hope you continue to share your daughters experiences and I hope you have read the book Children's Past Lives.

13. Lakeah

Lakeah Senior Registered

Deborah,

Yes, I definately think she remembering different lives. She's also aware that they are different times. She's remembered other lives too, which is typical of my other daughters...her memories starting coming out at almost 3. For her her memories are real, but are simply the past--she's not confused about the "time." Thank you for being interested--I will continue to share. She's almost 6 and I wonder if she will start to forget now.

My oldest daughter doesn't remember all the details she's shared with me, but if I bring them up, she has a flicker of remembrance and will often get teary eyed out of happiness. I hope my youngest has some feelings of things too. My middle one also does--she just is very much a realist and tries to act like it's not real b/c it isn't now.

Have a peaceful week-
    Lakeah

14. Lakeah

Lakeah Senior Registered

Sorry, I forgot I wanted to add some more stuff about OK. She keeps talking about a bulldozer that got stolen and a boulder--and that Timothy McVeigh was the one that stole it, but she doesn't know why he did that, but that he did it before the building fell down. She doesn't know where it was at in OK either. Just an odd thing to remember....but not really in the whole scope of things I guess.

15. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

If I remember correctly, Baylee had a brother ... named Jackson. It has been a long time, though. I read a story on her Mom, and how hard it is for her to see people buying statues of her dead child to remember the bombing. My heart breaks for her :(

16. Fab

Fab Senior Registered

Hi Lakeah, :)

What an amazing story!
    Has your daughter ever mentioned if her other two sisters were with her, either in OK or in NY? They don't have the same memories as your younger daughter, right?
    Has she ever said anything about knowing you before, but in a different body?

Your daughter's memories are truly fascinating.
    Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Please, keep us posted.

17. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Lakeah,

I'm wondering if you have any updates for us since you last posted? I thought your daughter's story was fascinating and would love to hear anything else you have to add. :)

Ailish

18. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

An interesting case for new members to read. :)

Karoliina

19. ButterflyPsyche

ButterflyPsyche Senior Registered

Quite fascinating! I wonder if any other parents of children who remember might have some tips on dealing with a traumatic memory like that?