• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Past-Life Resonance With Current Events

J Rainsnow

Senior Registered
Here's a question, not meant to stir controversy, though I can see it does contain some risk.

Does anyone feel that current world events are resonating with any emotions/experiences from a past life, perhaps triggering certain feelings or memories? Perhaps even causing your reactions to current events to be a mixture of current-life responses, and responses influenced by what happened to you in the past?

I have discussed this on other forums, since 9/11, where I have found that some individuals (including myself) have had powerful reactions, not only stemming from those traumatic events, but also from PL traumas, which were reawakened by the similarity or suggestiveness of modern day events.

For example, to some, the presence of soldiers with automatic weapons on the streets and in the train stations of New York City after 9/11, although meant to bolster our security, created a terrible sense of uneasiness, as did some of the legal steps taken by the government to fight terrorism. Having experienced the repression of a police state in a PL, we just couldn't feel comfortable in this environment, it released PL fears and shadows into our present-day consciousness. There was a blending of the past and present in our emotions, and it was hard to keep the two times separate.

For me, due to several past lives as a fugitive who depended on the wilderness to shelter him from powerful enemies, learning, after 9/11, that America has incredible new technology, such as robot planes supposedly able to identify a target many miles away through a snowstorm, incredible spy satellites that can see through smoke, see in the night, and see through forest canopies (?), and bombs supposedly capable of sucking the air out of a cave, were all horrifying. Just the fact that such technology exists, fed into my PL wounds, and created a terrible sense of insecurity: that now, my ancient last resort of fleeing into the wilderness to escape from persecution, could become futile.

But other people may have other responses. The ancient warrior may long to climb into the saddle once again, feeling the pride and challenge of a new struggle. Perhaps, there were some who participated in the Crusades, as Christian warriors, and are ready to do so again - or hesitate, after perhaps witnessing the sacking of Jerusalem, and failure and disillusionment of previous crusades. Perhaps there are some former Muslims, who feel the threat of olden days has been resurrected. Perhaps, someone who was persecuted by Muslims in the past may feel more threatened by Islamic Fundamentalism, today, than the general population, or someone who cherished Islam, may have a special empathy with the Arab people today, and be especially moved to work for peace.

It is interesting to see the ways in which our PL experiences can intersect with current events, and perhaps more important than we realize, if what happened in the past continues to exert a strong, but largely invisible, influence upon our actions in the present.

As a final note: this post, once again, is not meant to be political or to start something political, just to look at the interplay between past and present in our souls.

Peace & all the Best to Everyone,
J Rainsnow
http://www.rainsnow.org

J. Rainsnow,

That's a very good question. I don't really remember any past lives, but sometimes looking around and listening to what's going on I get the feeling I've been through all this before, and no matter what happens, we'll make it through.

I too hope this doesn't become a political debate, because it is important to look at how the past influences our feelings in the present.

J Rainsnow

I have had a similar reaction to all of this. I remember specific lives. I also know about other lives from a regression that popped to a period between lives , as well as, a brief clairaudient episode with my ultra inner self according to Golden age.

I have an extensive business background including a degree in Economics, among others. I have a lifetime invested in finance involving moderately large semi private and private companies. My apparent real skill in this life is the ability to see through the turbid junk that passes for economic thinking to the core historically based elements. My sub set here is taxation and business tax relief subsidies. My paycheck depends on correct analysis of how future events will play out.

Every past warrior/leader life is inputting here. This, despite the fact that I cannot influence things, even remotely.

I am also clairvoyant. The normal experience types have come to pass many times. I have had glimpses of the US existing along the lines of Kevin Costner's "Postman".

I have posted a number of threads about what I see the results of the up coming war will turn out to be.

Mr. Bush could take every last asset home and the result will still be a civilizational war. Samuel Huntington in "The Clash of Civilizations", published in 1996, gives a definitive quote to the effect that Islam wars among itself temporairily but the war with Rome will last till doomsday. He is discussing the effect of the first Iraqi war on all Islam. Another Saladin defeated! Another humiliation. Another Saladin has popped the snoot of the West. This is the first successful vendetta in centuries. The US brags about ending the Soviet threat to the "American Way of Life". The bin Laden group desires to re-establish the "Islamic Way of Life". They have found the leadership and methodologies.

As an American, I have no choice but to hold the view that we will be required to end their way of life before Islam ends our "way of Life". A despicable term, but the meaning is conveyed.

Religious wars are intractable. Religious conflict has never been interdicted before the fact of war sets in. The only way out is to get it over with. Islam at the grass roots has decided it is time for vendetta. They now have revolutionary leadership group that probably can replace itself a number of times to interdict leadership loss weaknesses. Al Qeda must be a very well designed group. The Arab rulers greatly fear Al Qeda. Bin Laden calls these governments illegitimate.

So time will tell.

We could not flee. To where? We live in a reasonably secure place. Early on, we got my daughter and family to return home. Through a very coincidental set of events, my wife retired yesterday. A central attack on Chicago would be her end if she were at work.

We have the ability to secure water and heat naturally. We have stocks of survival assets. Nothing elaborate! There is always minnow soup. UGH!! Our neighbors are realists. All of us have diverse skills that aid survival. If it is nearby radiation, nothing except an easy death, could help there. If it is bio, we stand a good chance. If it is chemical, no need to bother. If it is distant radiation or chemical, we stand a chance of holding off the fleeing hordes.This is a total certainty under the circumstances because no internal force exists to stop a panic fleeing from a stricken area. No internal force exists to care for a stricken populace. Almost all would be dead before reaching us. We could progressively lager up! Everything is at hand for a Fortress. Collectively , we have the resources and tools.
Most importantly, the mindset to survive will kick in among my neighbors quickly.

Past life memories and feelings are the edge here!

in my most current past life, i was an activist in the 60s. when all of this war stuff started surfacing, my instincts kicked into high gear. i became terrified (and still am) that a type of draft (which actually WAS propossed to congress, and luckily shot down) would come back. all of the current events are giving me major deja vu. but i actually like the feeling i get in my gut, the feeling of "this has happened before", a sense of urgency. i guess this is because i have always missed that life, even if some major stuff was going down then. (even when i was little, i was intent on dressing like a hippy, and EVERY picture i was giving the peace sign. hehe **blush**) maybe thats why i chose to come back in this time frame now. it would sure prove that everything happens for a reason. but i DEFINATELY know what you mean, J Rainsnow! trust me!

~*~*~kat~*~*~

Dear Kat,

A 60s activist? Congratulations! That time has influenced me a LOT (I should have been an activist then, but I was still pretty young and raised in a conservative way. I sort of got into that spirit too late, just in time for the emergence of Disco!) It was a very important time in US history, a vast treasurehouse of lessons and insights to be gained, amidst the turbulence, pain, mistakes, and broken dreams. Glad to have you back - but wondering what happened to you, then? (You should still be around as your "PL self", around 50 or 60 years old, now.) And sorry for whatever it was you had to go through, to get here, in your present incarnation. But I guess it was meant to be (?) And anyway, looking on the bright side, at least you get to be young again.

All the Best,
J Rainsnow

Interesting question

Hi J Rainsnow,

I posted - right after 9/11 about an experience I had ----here --I am looking forward to others responses and experiences..

J Rainsnow,
well, im glad to be back. but the problem now is that i want to get into the old swing of things, but i know i have to wait a few more years. im honestly not sure what happened to me, the details arent clear. but as soon as i get some free time i plan on doing a regression and find out (im curious as well!). if its anything interesting, ill be sure to post it! thanx for asking.
~*~*~kat~*~*~

Yeah, a lot of what is happening reminds me of the thirties and the growth of warrior nations that ignored the League of Nations and thumbed their noses at rules and regulations. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if someone had put their foot on Hitler's neck when he marched into the Rhineland with barely enough soldiers to make a newsreel shot.

Anyhow, it is very frustrating to see history repeat itself again.

catseye

Deborah,

The previous post you linked to was very interesting. It’s easy to see how the scenes from 9/11, with the chaos, the ruins, and that giant cloud of dust that completely engulfed the area after the towers collapsed, could jar loose past-life memories of a WW II bombing from your soul. Your vision/memory seems to have been very vivid and intense. For me, my responses to 9/11 were emotional, only, and I did not have any visions triggered by them. Instead, there were just connections with PLs which I already knew about.

In the aftermath of 9/11, as I suggested before, the presence of soldiers and police and helicopters all around (not that helicopters existed back then), and then, some of the legal provisions to combat terrorism which were created in response - provisions which seemed, to me, to create dangerous opportunities for misuse - brought back emotions of fear of repression and persecution by a militarized police state. That original trauma occurred in Nazi Germany. I wish to make it clear, here, that I am not equating the US with the Nazis, or anything like that. I am only saying that that PL trauma was so bad, that the increased visibility and presence of military/police forces (meant for our protection), and the creation of laws meant to facilitate the government’s prosecution of terrorists, created an extremely adverse reaction in me. Perhaps my reaction could be understood along the lines of someone traumatized by a rape, who may, for some time afterwards, experience difficulty in relating to sex in a normal way. In that case, a dark shadow may be cast over something beautiful and innocent by what happened in the past. (Not to say that what is going on today is so innocent, after all.)

9/11 also triggered emotions relating to another life. Strange though it may seem, the Twin Towers emerged as the center of my personal spiritual life in the 1990s, due to an esoteric incident which occurred to me while I was in them one day. From then on, they came to represent to me a source of spiritual power - or more than that, a reminder of the constant, invisible presence of spiritual power, even in the midst of our very materialistic, and many times, not too spiritual world. Whenever I felt down or worn out by my life in NYC, I would try to walk to where I could get a view of the Towers, and merely seeing them would reconnect me with my center, and with the power of spirit. My soul’s solitude would end, and my life would feel worthwhile again. It might not be an exaggeration to say that for me, the Twin Towers became almost what the Ka’ba at Mecca is to Muslims. Therefore, when I saw the images of them with plumes of smoke pouring out of them, and then their collapse, and utter destruction, I experienced not only the horror of what the rest of America was witnessing, but also a devastating personal blow. Emotions of doom, hopelessness, the world’s end, the collapse of everything came to me, emotions which I had felt before, as an Aztec, when I witnessed the complete destruction and collapse of my city, Tenochtitlan (and Tlatelolco), and my civilization, the overpowering of my Gods, the burning of my temples, what could only be considered to be a Mexican apocalypse.

All of these feelings - my dread of a 20th century police state (Nazi Germany) which ended up taking my life - and the catastrophe of the complete destruction of my world as an Aztec - were released by 9/11. It was as if a hole had been torn in the dike between past and present, and all of the emotions of the past came flooding back into my soul.

One other PL influence that was felt at this time - a past life as a Muslim. My experience as a Muslim contributed to my sympathy for Muslim people (besides my own personal experience in this lifetime, as a teacher, with Muslim students), and helped to humanize my reactions to 9/11, in terms of preventing me from developing imprecise forms of hostility towards Islam and Muslim people. The perpetrators of 9/11 need to be isolated and singled out, without blaming Muslims, as a whole, and polarizing our world into a new Christian versus Muslim Crusade.

These are some, though not quite all, of the ways in which my past lives have interacted with current events.

Peace & Best Wishes,
J Rainsnow

hello all im new this is my first post. this conflict with Iraq seems very familur to me, kinda like been there done that feeling. Any ways I dont know for sure but I always felt like I was in a war in a past life espeacily Nam . When ever I see a Nam movie or music from the 60's era. I always had a comfort feeling or a feeling like i was there or i should be there. Now with this new war i have a stong feeling or urgency that I should be over there in Iraq now. I have tryed to join the millatary, but I'm havening a hard time getting in right now. also as a child i always played war in my room or with my friend. I wish i could find out what i was in my prevous life so i can move on with this one.

war

Dear MickyB,
you may wish to check out this site for ideas as to how you might investigate any pastlife associated with war. BTW, why do you want to be in a war?
Regards

thanx for the site goldenage i dont really wanna be there in a war its just that i feel compelled to be there like its my calling or somthing

J Rainsnow has an awesome website. For those searching the Internet. I also enjoyed this question - even if it is a few years old. I thought perhaps new members might have some input.

As someone who died uselessly and needlessly at age 18 in the Civil War I am sad to see what's going on in Iraq. I felt and still feel that Civil War life and millions of others then was too short and incomplete Since then we have had countless other wars. Too much waste of human potential on both sides.

The present war -any war for that matter-- brings me a torrential amount of sad enotions. I fear for my children. What wars await them?

Am I worried, or what?!
Having lived through WWII in Germany, I'm very concerned about the fact that the US seems to be turning into an oligarchic dictatorship, where dissenting opinion is seen as traitorous or unpatriotic.
It's also worrying that once again, in many countries, minorities and outsiders are perceived as a corrupting influence that must be eradicated. Obviously the Holocaust, the Inquisition, the Crusades, and the witch hunts don't serve as good enough lessons from history.
I can't help but get political here, and say that it seems every time the human race starts to pull itself out of a Dark Age, the forces of reaction do their best to shove us back even further. Some people, for whatever inexplicable reason, are happy only if they're constantly in a state of struggle, and the rest of us are living in dread.

bamboobuddha said:
in my most current past life, i was an activist in the 60s. when all of this war stuff started surfacing, my instincts kicked into high gear.

For me, the activist in me started bleeding through when I think of gender/race issues and equality in the 1960's vs the sexual orientation equality issues now.

But also, the war brings that activism out in me too.

It's funny how I read your posts and think "Yes, I understand!!!"

From one hippie to another, I suppose........or should I say past life hippies. LOL.

But in the end, I find that no matter what conflict in what century, I have a deep sense of compassion and understanding for the people involved in that area. And a strong sense of remorse that such things should be happening or such a schism should exist between the religion and politics of Europe and the religion and politics of Arabia. When Europe was going through its dark times, the Arabs kept the culture of medicine and philosophy alive and well. And here we are in the flip position. There are elements that wish to bring back what poor governing and colonialism has stolen. But more regrettably, there are elements that would eliminate the entirety of the culture at whim.

I never blame Islam. Islam is a fourteen hundred year old history. To blame Mohammed for the terrorism going on today would seem like blaming Paul of Tarsus for the witch hunts of the Inquisitions. Or perhaps to blame dusty camel riders from four thousand years ago for the abusive rhetoric of a crazed backwoods preacher. And I think that kind of thinking comes from past lives in the same area. I do see glimpses of myself as a leader or orator finding myself in the middle of conflict. I still identify myself with that land.

It has been three years since this thread began - and your POV now? For new members - what do you think?

War is a stupid way to resolve differences

I spent many, many lives as a warrior in various different period costumes, taking the lives of others in various bloodthirsty and messy ways with a variety of sharp implements. At the time it sometimes seemed exciting and exhilarating. I rarely knew what I was fighting for exactly, it was just what I did and what I was good at. Eventually I tired of it and became eventually revolted by it. I remember one or two major turning points when I really began to question what I was doing as light slowly began to dawn in my consciousness.

I feel I have evolved way past that point this life and the use of agressive force to settle differences simply appalls me with its stupidity. It seldom produces any lasting solutions to disagreements and tends rather to create more problems than it solves, except perhaps the personal enrichment of weapons manufacturers and those who get paid to blow things up and build them again.

It is unfortunate that our political leaders continue to resort to this sort of brutish behaviour when they cannot get their own way. It is atrocious that they clothe their actions in the pretense that they behave this way in the interests of their people when this is clearly and demonstrably a falsehood.

The usual reasons for conflict are greed and fear. It is obvious that these two baser instincts are very much in play in our current difficulties in the Middle East. It is time we grew away from such foolishness as a species. We have far more pressing problems on our planet that need to be resolved.

We, who aspire to be evolved and enlightened,can all do our best to avert violence by tackling greed and fear whenever we encounter it - either by speaking out against it in public forums (such as letters to the newspaper, petitions and demonstrations) or by excerising the democratic freedoms most of us possess and voting against it at every opportunity. Abstaining from voting fixes nothing. If you have green or peace oriented parties in your particular country, vote for them. They won't win, not straight away, but the larger their vote, the more it sends a message to the larger parties that their shocking and violent behaviour will not be tolerated indefinitely.

The UN, although not perfect, is the best forum we have for solving differences of opinion on how the world's resources are to be shared and issues of national boundaries resolved. Let us all support them in their efforts and help create a more peaceful and harmonious world.

Ted Turner made a magnificent speech recently in favour of the UN, saying we should all get behind it. He also put in $1 billion of his own money in 1997, showing his money is where his mouth is. Hear Hear I say.

The work of this organisation, working with the UN to create an international Day of Peace that means just that is also truly inspiring:
http://www.internationaldayofpeace.org/ceasefire.htm

This site shows that the determination and perseverence one person can make a difference:
http://www.peaceoneday.org/page/thefilm

Get behind them and let's all make a difference, looking forwards to a peaceful future, rather than backwards to a violent past.

Well, for me, it isn't anything past life related, but from this life. I was extremely active as a protestor against the Viet Nam mess in the 60s, and so everything going on even before 9/11, and still going, is maddening to me. I have the feeling that no matter what public opinion is, here in the US and elsewhere, nothing will ever change. Politicians, for whatever reasons have short memories, and seem to have a need to strut their egos to win votes.

If war and violence are lessons that we all need to learn, I think there's no end in sight. Too many people have a self-centered view of life, especially in westernized societies. Until more of us are able to have a more spiritual world view, history will continue to repeat itself. I'm tired of living a life with a feeling of helplessness and hopelessness. I try to believe that peace can spread one person at a time, but I do wonder.

John

Back