Preparing for self-guided regression

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by tiltjlp, May 30, 2006.

1. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lone Wolf,

I try to turn my critical faculties 'off' when I am doing this kind of thing. The mind and soul communicate in funny ways and sometimes a certain image will pop up that may or may not make immediate sense. If I see something which seems incongruous I will either examine it a bit more closely to see if it is some kind of metaphor, or my mind trying to explain something to me that I don't really understand in this life, or else just not worry about it too much. It might be some kind of static, or the meaning may be unclear to me at this time, but if I can't work it out, I just keep 'moving along' with the memory.

One time I remembered someone (a man) in old Japan wearing a very fancy bright yellow kimono. At first I thought, that's crazy, I must have seen a picture like that in a book or something, surely men did not wear bright yellow...? So I took a closer look at that detail (rather than begin to doubt myself) Then I realized that the guy had just returned from a very important event and was all 'dressed up' which is why he seemed so over-dressed for the occasion, which was actually an important plot point and the story unfolded more from that...

I will use my conscious mind to ask myself questions like 'What happened after that' or 'what was I thinking to get myself into this situation...' to try to get a clearer look at something, but I would never dismiss something because it was 'only' from a book or a movie. Nothing is accident and books and movies are often triggers to remind us of something we have actually experienced, which can be one of the reasons some picture we have seen will stick in our brains.... Trust yourself not to be just 'tricking' yourself. Why would you do that anyway? What would be the point?

If you are finding your conscious mind wanting to 'get in on the action' to a high degree it usually means you need to deepen your trance state a bit. Just stop and take a few deep breaths, slow down and then let whatever wants to emerge emerge by itself without censorship.

2. tanguerra

Hi Mousie,

Don't be dismayed! Some of the people here have been doing this for a long time, that is why it might seem easy to get all this detailed information. Personally, I have been doing this all my life, so have kind of got the hang of it and worked out my own ways over the years. I second what the others have said and will add a little bit more which might help:

1. Don't try too hard. In order for this to work you must be very relaxed and learn to clear your mind of normal 'thoughts' - like turning off the lights so you can see the stars. If you are trying to do this and your mind is chattering on 'Oh, I'm no good at this, I must be hopeless, everyone else can do it except me, what shall I make for dinner, how much longer is this going to take.....blah blah blah' well, that is not going to be at all helpful in achieving a state of clarity. Practice quieting the chatter, just as an exercise, independent of trying to achieve any kind of outcome. Once you can achieve that, even for a minute, you have made progress.

Alternatively, if your brain simply does not work that way and refuses to be quiet, give it something to do. Take yourself on a guided meditation. Just for practice close your eyes and imagine yourself walking around in your house, looking at the pictures on the walls, moving around the furniture, between the rooms. If you can't remember exactly where the pictures are and so on, don't worry about it, just move along to the next thing that you do know. This is just an exercise in remembering things you think you can't remember. Just practice visualization and moving around in your imagination at will. Do this every night (or whatever) for five minutes until you think you are getting the hang of it.

2. If you have single image or fragment that is a success! You have not one, but several. Just learn to build upon what you have. I have had various fragmentary images haunt me for some time before I worked out what they were all about. Next time you are 'in the mood' and/or have the time, just close your eyes, do some slow, gentle, deep breathing until you feel very relaxed and your mind is settled (don't rush this bit, but don't fall asleep!) then focus on the image that you have - eg. the hands opening the bureau drawer. Ask yourself questions about it. What am I wearing? What was going through my mind? What was in the drawer? Believe that the answers will just come and they will. Don't doubt or question them. If you are not sure or the answer won't come, don't get upset, just take a few more breaths, relax and ask again. If it does not work the first time, try again another day or, alternatively, you may find that the answer just 'pops' into your head the following day while you are doing the dishes or whatever.

As to your clues here are my suggestions. Only you know the real answers though, so persevere until you get to the bottom of it.

Life skills - Perhaps you were a poet or a writer and the bureau contained your manuscript? Perhaps the young man was a friend, or a fellow writer, or the object of your poetry? Who is he to you now? What was the emotion associated with the view over the lake? Happiness? Sadness? Nostalgia? That may provide a clue.

Cancer - well, perhaps you got very thin before you died of cancer, as people do, and you associate being thin with being ill, so always make sure you keep your weight up in this life (even though you know intellectually that is not actually healthy for you).

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Senior Registered

Thanks again Tanguerra for another of your really helpful replies. My critical mind has the tenacity of a bulldog, and besides I don't trust myself. I'll try to be more open in the future--In my EM/RC regression earlier this evening, I tried to pull out of one vision because I thought it was fantasy, only to be yanked back in by the hair . . .

Lonewolf

4. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

I believe that spirit often communicates via imagery (not always). A lot of the images, words, and impressions you get may be seemingly random. However, the random things can sometimes be the most revealing. For images it is best to use your own *intuition* to answer some of the questions that you may have. And remember that you are constantly being guided. If you are open to what you are receiving, it can come to you.
    That is interesting that the gentleman resembles someone you know.

5. tanguerra

There you go. Now you are getting it! Trust yourself!

I think of it this way sometimes - it really does not matter if past lives are 'really real' at one level because if you want to get down to it, everything is an illusion anyway. Life is all 'just a fantasy' according to many deep philosophical thinkers, so don't stress. If your brain is just producing various elaborate psychodramas for you that have emotional depth and meaning and they allow you to work out how you feel about various things, relationships, fears, health, whatever, that is a good thing and just go with it. The important thing is not to remember things in perfect historical detail and then rush down to the library to check it out (although that can be fun).

The important thing is what does all this material mean to you? Does it help you understand your own nature, motivations and impulses better? Is there a mistake you have made (imaginary or otherwise) that you can learn from? Does this experience suggest an alterntive approach to a present life dilemma? Do you need to have more courage or tenderness or patience or...?

The more practise you get at this the better you get at it too - like riding a bike. One day the training wheels can come off and you will be amazed how easy it really is.

6. Mousie

Mousie Senior Registered

Thanks everyone for your replies:

Chris - I have done hypnosis on and off for years. Usually I do so when I am trying to get to the bottom of a particular problem in this life. I'm more interested in past lives as an adjunct to healing or to tap into previously learned skills. I don't keep a journal because my memory is quite good. I seldom forget anything particularly if I've evaluated the images for a few minutes.

Ailish - I'd say that I'm more or less concentrating on not thinking when I meditate. I've a busy mind and it's difficult to quiet it down. I'm unfamiliar with Deborah's "clarity" technique. I must have missed the post in regard to this method. I've never tried the Buhlman's CD. Presently, I'm using one for Karmic clearing by a woman named Virtue. Although I find her voice annoying for some reason,there's a specific aspect to the way that particular CD is worded that I suspect is useful for me at this point. So despite this problem, I've been using this a lot lately. Also I've used several by Konicov. I find his voice very soothing and grandfatherly and that adds an element of trust enabling me to let go and go under a bit better. If the voice on the CD is irritating in some fashion it really distracts me, so my choice of CD's is usually determined by the tone of the speaker.

Tanguerra: I'll try your suggestion for visualizing items around the house. I don't know if I will be able to build on the previous images. Every time I put in the CD for another try, I end up with different images. Insofar as the things I saw in the last session, the image of the man strongly resembles someone I "hit it off" with in this life the moment I met him. I do have a talent in writing, so perhaps you've hit on something. My feelings in regard to the lake scene were mostly sheer awe at the beauty of the twilight flickering on the water. My thoughts on the "cancer" comment were pretty much the same as yours. However, since that didn't seem to solve anything (supposedly once you locate the root of the problem it gets better) I didn't know what to think. Maybe no resolution occurred (I'm still plump) because I arrived at that opinion through analytical thinking rather than emotional experience.

Quintessence - Yes, I also thought it was interesting that this fellow strongly resembled someone I know. Considering the tape was supposed to make you focus on "Past Life Talents", I was considering if his presence was in some way symbolic.

I'll try some of the techniques you've all mentioned to try to nail down some details.

--Mousie

7. tanguerra

Good work Mousie.

My suggestion would be try it without the CDs and just focus on the images you have already to hand for a while and see if you can dig deeper. Particularly if you have been using this method for a while, your brain already knows how to find its way 'in' to this state. If you try the exercises first for a while, without concerning yourself with outcomes, you might just 'click' with it after a little while. It might take a bit of practice to fly solo but try not to be frustrated if you don't get instant results.

Remembering things won't fix your present day issues (such as weight) by magic. You need to do things the boring old fashioned way as well (diet and exercise, patience and perseverence) particularly when dealing with physical body issues. But perhaps having some insights into your deeper impulses and their sources will help you to keep motivated and spur you on in your efforts?

Being overwhelmed by natural beauty would make sense in a poet wouldn't it? Perhaps you wrote a beautiful poem inspired by the lake scene or you had a grand romance with your chap at this place and wrote about it (or all of the above)?

There are many possibilities. Happy hunting. Keep us posted. :)