Remember when we were Japanese?

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by obiwan_cr, Apr 10, 2008.

1. obiwan_cr

obiwan_cr New Member

Greetings all,

I found this forum through the coast to coast show and thought it would be an excellent and informed place to post a few experiences from my life.
    It's all pretty exciting really to see so many people who enjoy and research and discuss this topic with such alacrity and care; and who, by and large, are not even Eastern! It seems obvious now that many more people in our western societies are coming to grips with this reality through books, shows, interviews, and the lessening of social stigma. So cool.

Anyway, I'd like to tell you about something my daughter said to me one day.
    We were living in Costa Rica at the time and we had a restaurant on the beach there. I was sweeping the floors and getting ready to open up for the day and my daughter Thalia who was 4 years old then was staring into the distance with a glazed look on her face and suddenly seemed sad. I put my broom against the railing and asked her, "Are you OK Goobie?" (her nickname) She turned her face up to me and asked me in a low voice and matter of factly, "Do you remember when we were Japanese?"
    Now, I have beleived since I was a child about the realities of reincarnation, though I don't go around talking about it every day and certainly to this point it had never come up talking with her. She was 4! I was a bit shocked at her comment and the simple off-handed way she said it. I wanted to hear what she had to say but I didn't want to prompt her in any way so I responded with a simple, "I sure do sweetheart, do you?"

"Yes," she said, "Thats why I am sad right now, I was just thinking about that." "What were you thinking about?" I asked. "Well," she said, and her eyes dropped to the floor. 'I was thinking about that little girl. That poor little girl." and she paused and looked at me like I was supposed to know what she was talking about. I didn't. So I asked her, "What do you remember about her?"

"That she died. Remember how she just worked and worked and worked and worked and worked and worked and then she died? That was so sad." "Yeah", I responded, "That was sad. Do you remember who the little girl was?" I asked. Thalia spread her arms to be picked up and I obliged. Her eyes were moist.
    Thalia looked around into the garden that surrounded the restaurant and said in her still low sad voice, "I think she was my sister. You were still Daddy, but Mommy was my sister and the other sisters too, but I was just thinking about that little girl. So sad."

I must confess that at this point I think my own eyes were welling up a bit watching and listening to this extraordinary event. "I think she is much better now." I told her. "Oh, I know." she said, "it was just sad. She's better now, and not so tired anymore." With a tear in my eyes I squeezed her into a spontaneous hug and she did likewise. At that moment a profound sense of relief washed over me. We stood there holding on to each other for a few minutes in silence watching the garden. At this point someone walked into the restaurant and the moment ended. I put her down and kissed her head and said I love you. 'I love you too daddy." and off she went to play.

That is the only time she has ever mentioned anything PL oriented. She is almost 6 now. I practice martial arts and Japanese calligraphy and whenever she sees me doing either she always wants to practice too. The first time she picked up a brush she copied the characters I was making with great aplomb. Bold and strong. I just smile and shake my head wondering at this vast universe and all the parts we play in it. Utterly fascinating.

2. Kay

Kay Senior Registered

Hi Obiwan_cr and welcome to the forum I hope you will enjoy your time here. Thank you for sharing this special experience with your daughter with us.

Kind Regards

Kay

3. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Hello Obiwan_cr:)

once more welcome

and thanks for sharing an interesting story. do you have memories of your own pl in Japan? If yes wouldyou mind sharing them.

I lived in Japan - in this life and in a pl

best wishes

Clivia

4. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum Obiwan_cr. :)

Thank you for sharing this beautifully written story of your daughter. It sounds like the sad memory is not haunting her, which is a good thing. It was probably enough for her to put it behind her that you listened to her and took her seriously. :thumbsup:

It's great you have shared interests, too. Your daughter might still bring something up one day, so pay close attention. Do you have other children?

Karoliina

5. Carol

Carol Author

Obiwan,

I really enjoyed your well-written account of your daughter's memories. I hope that all the members read it because your responses to her memory were perfect. You asked open-ended questions that gave your daughter encouragement and spaciousness to allow the memory to open in her and come forth.

I know that in the moment, when a young child is speaking of a memory, it can be so shocking or disorienting that we don't know what to say. But your stance was just what she needed.

Thanks for sharing.

6. obiwan_cr

obiwan_cr New Member

Thank you all for the kind welcome and comments. This is a nice place indeed and I believe the work is important. I believe the more people can place the realities of their lives in an understandable context the more easily we can all grow spiritually. And I don't think it is really beside the point to say that it can be quite a fun adventure too; even where perhaps painful memories are involved. The act of working through them can in the end only be beneficial. After all, when are solving problems not? I'd better save my rambling thoughts on this for another forum.

Sorry, don't mean to preach to the choir!:laugh:

Yes, I am glad indeed that this memory of Thalia's does not haunt her. If she was in fact that little girl and my daughter in that life I could see how that sense hopelessness and exhaustion could have had quite a negative imprint on her for this life. I don't think that the little girl who dies was Thalia, I think it really was her sister, but even in that case I am glad Thalia's empathy was worked through. She is still very caring and sympathetic to other people and perhaps that was the lesson learned in the connection in this life to that one.

As for my own experience in that PL in Japan, I am still wondering. I have only vague flashes of insight on that as far as actual mental images go. However, I do have quite a few emotional images related to that life. I have no names or places I can speak of, (yet) ,only emotional connections to ideas and concepts. For example: I think I was a good person in that life, kind to my family and as a samurai I provided well for them as best I could; then some turn of event happened which turned our fortune into famine. I also think I was an opportunist who operated from a "highly moral" standpoint and who used that as an excuse when convenient in order to gain on my own behalf. I think I neglected the lower classes and as long as "mine" were taken care of I didn't care about those people who I did not know or who were not in my clan. Perhaps this is why Thalia's spirit thought it prudent to bring up the suffering on that little girl. Maybe it wasn't something for Thalia to "get over", maybe it was something for me to recognize. Perhaps that is where the feeling of gratitude and relief came from that washed over me. In any event, I feel we both gained from that experience.

I am keeping my ears and eyes and heart open for whatever comes next. I have 2 other children. I have a 17 year old (Austin) who I adopted when I married my wife Heather. We have Thalia as you know, and we also have a 3 year old boy named Sirus. Austin doesn't believe in reincarnation even though when he was 5 and we were on a trip he looked into the hills and said, in that tone, "Indians used to live right there." and pointed to a hill top. "They used to live right there, until they got chased away and died." This may be a psychic insight rather than a PL, I realize. I speculate because he once told me when he was 5 on some random night at dinner, "You better watch out for your tire." Amused, I said "Oh yeah? What tire?"

"The one in front where you sit." He said, and continued eating. I took him seriously and kept my distance from other cars. Two days later my drivers side tire blew out at high speed. Almost caused me to crash into the median on the 405freeway. If another car had been next to me...

Oh yeah, it's real. There is quite a lot "real" out there we are only getting glimpses of. This is our journey. It is why we're here. Quite a radical learning experience we're all on eh? Love it.

I have 4 PLs that I do have some imagery from and I will post these on the proper forum :) (Thanks for moving my last one to the right place whoever did that. ;) ) One of them is really bizarre, and the other is, I am convinved now, from Atlantis. It was only a few minutes glimpse, but very poignient.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and wonderful comments. I look forward to a long and ongoing learning and exchanging with you all.

...thinking of changing my moniker to "Mr.Longwind" -sorry!

7. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi obiwan_cr,

I just wanted to thank you for sharing Thalia's story - I greatly enjoyed reading it. :)

As Carol pointed out - a wonderful example of how a parent should respond to a child.

Kudos to you - for listening, understanding and having a compassionate attitude as your daughter expressed her recollections of another life. No wonder your daughter came back to you again. It sounds like you have a lovely family. ;)

Ailish

8. obiwan_cr

obiwan_cr New Member

Thank you Ailish. Yes, I truly do. I appreciate my family every day. Every time I see my children laugh, and we do that alot, I feel the luckiest guy in the world.

My kids have taught me another level to the feeling of love. They've shown me that every person in the world is worthy. We're all children at some point and no matter where someone lives, or who they are or even what they've become there exists in them that wonderful spark. It gives me hope for this world.

9. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Hi Obiwan :)

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story - it almost brought tears to my eyes as well : angel:)

10. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks obiwan, there seems to be a lot of past life information lying just below the surface of your consciousness. I'm glad that being able to write everything down and having someone to share it with is helping you to remember and hopefully resolve any past life issues you may have. Good luck on your journey, and please continue to keep us updated, your memories are very interesting - :)

11. obiwan_cr

obiwan_cr New Member

Indeed Chris, thanks for your thoughts:thumbsup:. The surprising aspect of it all is not only the solving and/or working through of problems which relate to this life now; but enjoying the parts that relate which bring Joy. I think the hold overs from past lives which cause us pain or emotional distress are very often the only things examined. I am fascinated as much when I see elements of love, or a flash of uncommon joy that appears to be PL related as when it finally hits me why I have that pain here or that scar there. (Emotionally and physically.) It helps me to get through the rough parts no also notice the sweet parts. In fact, it adds perspective and makes and coalesces the experience of this life into a more understandable whole; which is so much more than the sum of its parts.

On that note it makes me wonder how much of this life is new, and how much of it is influenced by older lives. I guess due to free will and personal action we are forever both, and we describe out of habit the very highs and very lows as providence. Perhaps at this realization we enter into the science of it all. The quantum realm seems to get close to some answers. I've enjoyed reading on that in the other areas of these forums. ;)