• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Researching car accidents.

FindingFreedom

I am attempting to research my most recent past life, of which I possess memories of only the past few minutes of her life.

I'm aware that she was a woman in her twenties or early thirties. Attractive, blonde. Driving a red convertible somewhere in the Southwest (I believe California but it may have been in an area around the border in another state). She was momentarily distracted and her car went off a bridge and into a river sometime in the mid-1950's or early 60's.

So far, the only real way I've found of checking this is calling county to county and asking if there are any coincidental records. That's a pain in the butt all around, so I was wondering if anyone might have a better method for checking single-vehicle accidents such as this one, assuming of course that she was found and identified.

Interesting. Do you have an idea what kind of car? Something small and sporty like a corvette or mgb? Or something bigger like a Chevrolet Bel Aire.

The easiest thing to do is try a website like Newspaperarchive.com or similar. They have digitized thousands of rolls of microfilm and you can search by key words. If you go to the library and used their microfilm machine it would take forever because it's not digitized. Or try searching on the internet using keywords and see what comes up. I think an accident like that would make a big local news story. She may have been distracted by lighting a cigarette or changing the radio. No cell phones or texting back then.

The car seems small and sporty to me in her memories, but there's a chance she wasn't good with cars and that was simply her perception. I wish I had more information about the car because that'd make it a heck of a lot easier to look for. Searching through news archives is a good idea, though. Thanks!

I think you really need more information. Have you thought about doing a past life regression? I think there are even some free ones you can find on youtube that might help you get more information. Do a search on this site, I'm sure there are books that can help you meditate or do self-hypnosis to get some more clues. Good luck!

FindingFreedom said:
The car seems small and sporty to me in her memories, but there's a chance she wasn't good with cars and that was simply her perception. I wish I had more information about the car because that'd make it a heck of a lot easier to look for. Searching through news archives is a good idea, though. Thanks!
Have you tried looking for a photo of the car online? British sports cars were popular in the U.S. in the 50s and 60s. Triumph is one that comes to mind. Also Porsche and Karman Gia. Chevy Corvette was a popular, but expensive, American model.

If you actually find a resource, I'd be interesting in exploring it as well. I have a similar problem of finding record of an accident along the California coast back then.

Mere Dreamer said:
If you actually find a resource, I'd be interesting in exploring it as well. I have a similar problem of finding record of an accident along the California coast back then.
I was just about to say the same thing Mere Dreamer! :) I remember an accident involving a car and a train somewhere in New England in the early 1980s that I just cant seem to find any record of.

Back