• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Self regression attempt

V

Vogue_1983.

Hi,after a long time thinking about and people suggesting me,I finally tried to do self regression by listening to one of these self regression video's (guided meditation) on YouTube.But I'll say it didn't go as I hoped.First of all,the weather in Belgium has been crazy for the last couple of days (30 degrees and beyond)and especially today it was maximum 39 degrees,so you can imagine that it quite felt like my room was a dessert.I heard somewhere that i'ts best to do a regression with not a lot of light or not at all,so I decided to do it at night.Wich I assume most people do.Anyhow,I still tried to make the best out of it,and just layed down and tried to lay as still as possible and just you know...try to relax.The narrator in the video started talking about starting up at the ceiling and finding a "interesting" spot,wich I tried but failed.He continued with blinking down and with each blink feeling my eyes becoming heavier,but that didn't quite work out either,so I just decided to close my eyes consciously.While he went on about relaxing every part in the body I felt a weird warmness in my lower back and it felt as if I was going up and was about to float.I sorta freaked out,but tried to calm myself down regardless of feeling uncomfortable with the situation.It worked,and the voice continued about imagining a beach and 3 drawn circles in it.But this to me didn't make any sence so in my head I just went like "okay what now?"Then he started talking about stepping into the circles and feeling myself sink deeper and deeper.This is where I realized nothing was happening,I didn't feel relaxed and I could barely breathe because I for some reason thought it was a good idea to do all of this under my covers with such ridiculous weather and nearly ended up suffocating myself for the sake of "relaxation".Yeah,I ended up on the edge of my bed and decided to write this article.The only thing I actually saw though is pictures I saw of the man I mentioned in previous articles.But that could just be my brain replaying everything it had already absorbed during the day.Does anyone have any tips on how to actually make this whole self regression thing work?

I do better with more of a feeling of keeping in contact with someone ... and also more of a visualization of keeping something positive in my mind when I regress . a

Otherwise I spook out and get overwhelmed .. I have been living in pain for 40years so this could be why concentrating on a spot on teh ceiling brought me too close to feeling alone and more aware of my pain ?

This other method than you used was how I was taught . or had happen to me with my one and only professional repressionist.
|
She did not try to hypnotize me but gave me the power to do the visuaistaion myself with some directions as to scenery etc

I believe this is the only way for my personality to have done so well in remembering.. I have difficulty taking directions and feeling in control so your method sounds too withdrawn from normal life so to speak. and brings on too much sense of not being in control . I need something to focus on . After doing this way overtime I then got better at being able to relax and think of my body in terms of where I felt things .. Before that my body pain just spooked me out too much to be concentrating on that ..

I will have time in another post about how the exact dialogue went with this regressionist I saw ..

Maybe another method would suit you as well ?

I do better with more of a feeling of keeping in contact with someone ... and also more of a visualization of keeping something positive in my mind when I regress . a

Otherwise I spook out and get overwhelmed .. I have been living in pain for 40years so this could be why concentrating on a spot on teh ceiling brought me too close to feeling alone and more aware of my pain ?

This other method than you used was how I was taught . or had happen to me with my one and only professional repressionist.
|
She did not try to hypnotize me but gave me the power to do the visuaistaion myself with some directions as to scenery etc

I believe this is the only way for my personality to have done so well in remembering.. I have difficulty taking directions and feeling in control so your method sounds too withdrawn from normal life so to speak. and brings on too much sense of not being in control . I need something to focus on . After doing this way overtime I then got better at being able to relax and think of my body in terms of where I felt things .. Before that my body pain just spooked me out too much to be concentrating on that ..

I will have time in another post about how the exact dialogue went with this regressionist I saw ..

Maybe another method would suit you as well ?
I guess the same goes for me.Self hypnosis has never been quite my thing I guess.Hope that after some research I'll find something that works for me.

Hi, I had to try it a lot before any of it worked on me.

I had to learn how to "shut down" in a way I can't explain even, to not think at all.

To feel more on the safe side I would listen to what the tape said from start to finish before trying out the meditation. Because I was little afraid of the questions, what it could bring out.

There was one I did that worked well until the voice ordered me to go 20 years forward in that life. Well, 20 years forward and "I" was dead...

There was another, when I experienced being later framed as a witch among with other innocent women that died the same way, when there was one question after another from the voice what my work was and what money looked like. I was completely lost in that one. Images began to pop up of her "just" being a home wife, and money - she did not hold money in her hand, I think like ever, so I suppose the point I have is that some of the questions aren't relative to the past life. That make it all stop working.

I have had one person doing meditation on me one time and it was by then very hard to get me to that state and we were about to give up. Then it worked. She went along with my experiences so there was no stop there. But I suppose this means you have to have someone you trust that could help you with this, and outside this forum they are not that easy to spot...

Wish you luck in your future attempts ! :)

/Jaimie

I had to learn how to "shut down" in a way I can't explain even, to not think at all.

That’s true. And difficult to explain too. I call it ‘changing frequency of the brain’. Comparable to when you attempt astral travelling.
Stop thinking rationally and relaxing helps to reach that state.

The method Marcia Moore a professional past life repressionist used on me in the 1970s

She guided me through scenes when I was lying down on a couch .. I felt comfortable I think because she was very reassuring and confident in her skills . As ordinarily I am not the type to do well with people being in my space when I am lying down in particular ..

. She may have asked me what I like to do .. I cannot remember that part but it fits in with my life . I had been hiking with friends up a mountain in one big hike I probably would have talked about ..

First she had me visualize walking up a mountain > She kept on giving me some suggestions . like " when you get to the top of the mountain what do you see "

Then she had me go find a friend or someone who was there to talk to . I had walked up the mountain by myself in that visualisation . SO I let my mind wander and I asked myself to see if there was anyone around . All of a sudden I saw an older man sitting in the same space.. She told me to pretend to have a nice friendly conversation> I could not visualize that very well . but I got the feeling it was a nice conversation.>

Then she had me collect my things , say good bye to this new friend and walk down the mountain. As I visualized walking down she told me to look down at my feet.
She asked me what my shoes looked like. I was visualizing this and I " saw " my feet had a homemade type moccasin shoe on .. I now k now they were not INidan moccasins but shoes of that era of the life I was about to be guided to remembering .>

She then asked me if I was male or female... I immediately felt I was male / I am female now.. I could feel the difference in me of being that man .. ie I was more confident and self assured .. She asked me where I was going and from then on guided me in more detail of who I was and what I was doing ..

After I started to do regression on myself I used the asking myself whether I am male or female question the most .. Then I will ask if anyone else is with me and how I am feeling .. then key in on more details... She never asked me if I knew the people in this life , not for any of the two other lives she helped me to remember .. That first time it was all about me and I felt safe in remembering . I only remembered pleasant . " normal " lives without any dramas ...

Last edited:
Hi,after a long time thinking about and people suggesting me,I finally tried to do self regression by listening to one of these self regression video's (guided meditation) on YouTube.But I'll say it didn't go as I hoped.First of all,the weather in Belgium has been crazy for the last couple of days (30 degrees and beyond)and especially today it was maximum 39 degrees,so you can imagine that it quite felt like my room was a dessert.I heard somewhere that i'ts best to do a regression with not a lot of light or not at all,so I decided to do it at night.Wich I assume most people do.Anyhow,I still tried to make the best out of it,and just layed down and tried to lay as still as possible and just you know...try to relax.The narrator in the video started talking about starting up at the ceiling and finding a "interesting" spot,wich I tried but failed.He continued with blinking down and with each blink feeling my eyes becoming heavier,but that didn't quite work out either,so I just decided to close my eyes consciously.While he went on about relaxing every part in the body I felt a weird warmness in my lower back and it felt as if I was going up and was about to float.I sorta freaked out,but tried to calm myself down regardless of feeling uncomfortable with the situation.It worked,and the voice continued about imagining a beach and 3 drawn circles in it.But this to me didn't make any sense so in my head I just went like "okay what now?"Then he started talking about stepping into the circles and feeling myself sink deeper and deeper.This is where I realized nothing was happening,I didn't feel relaxed and I could barely breathe because I for some reason thought it was a good idea to do all of this under my covers with such ridiculous weather and nearly ended up suffocating myself for the sake of "relaxation".Yeah,I ended up on the edge of my bed and decided to write this article.The only thing I actually saw though is pictures I saw of the man I mentioned in previous articles.But that could just be my brain replaying everything it had already absorbed during the day.Does anyone have any tips on how to actually make this whole self regression thing work?
So nice of you to share this- sounds like the kind of experience I would have! But I am amazed that someone would submit to this sort of thing without at least a knowable companion at hand. Past life regression on my own? I'm having a helluva time with my present life, thank you. I have had some possible early life memories, but am not sure if they are real. Like being born, bright lights, nurse's words, etc. Who knows? Your account , for me, is humorous and genuine, too. A nice combination, Vogue! Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Attend to your breathing, that seems to be a big help. Having to listen to an audio, we don't breathe deeply.

Vogue, I did the same regression. Nothing happened. I think it's indicative of the times we live in to expect immediate results. I notice the design and try to recreate that. Stillness, construct, intention. Have you tried it again?

I wonder how people differentiate between past life memory and imagination? I also think it might be that, by practicing these moments of stillness, something might come after the fact(maybe in a dream, or maybe a person activates something inside you). Seems to be my case. I ask about imagination because my recent experience seems more a dynamic of the subconscious come to the fore. A lesson of unrequited love, though there were paranormal moments through out it all- I wonder, to what extent is it real? Is it that, what I experienced was real(as a one sided reality)? Or is it that, we actually might be a part of the same soul(a shared connection)?

David, very interesting. I too used to think I had memories of pre-birth. Existing in darkness, aware of my 'entity.'

After years of trying different methods for the past three years I have found a very simple method for me I can do it either lying down or sitting All I do is close my eyes relax and say "show me faces" Almost immediately a side show of face images begins.. very vivid and very clear images of faces of all kinds... As this side show of face images continues and I concentrate on them I slowly go into some form of trance... I go to another place and have no problems connecting to BB my spiritual self .. Since I began this method three years ago I have be able to access far more memories and go further and further back in time of BB's incarnations and memories

Hi John,

This is very interesting. I had a period after I began posting on this board when I began to see random faces as I woke up in the mornings and sometimes when drifting off to sleep. They all seemed very real and to be faces of very real people, but of no one I could remember in this lifetime. It is a phenomenon that has been reported numerous times by others on the board. (Actually, I think there may be a thread somewhere on this phenomenon). However, though I wondered about it, I never thought to "invite" it. After a while the phenomenon faded. Now you make me wonder whether I could get it back and use it. This leads to the next thought: how does this work to connect me to PL memories, etc.? Is there a linking characteristic in the faces you see? Do they all seem to relate to BB's era and lifetimes? I am also wondering why this pathway always leads you to BB. Very curious about this whole idea.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--I have to wonder if these were different versions of "Me" from the past. Could it be that since I had become intensely interested in reincarnation that my subconscious was giving me a "menu" to choose from? I have to wonder what would have happened if I had sought to hone in on one of the faces. Would this be like clicking an icon on my computer screen? Questions, questions. However, for the moment this phenomenon is non-existent. So, I would need to recover it in order to test any hypothesis.

Last edited:
Hi S&S … When I first began I also wondered about all of the things you talked about while at the time not really understanding what was really going on The same as many thing about reincarnation and meditation we tend to over complicate things that gets in the way of having good results.. I stopped doing that a long time ago.. From my experiences this side show of faces has only one purpose . to get me to another place where a very strong connection to my spiritual self can be made.. Everything we do in regards to accessing previous incarnations memories of our spiritual selves is to establish as strong a connection as possible to our spiritual selves which from my experiences cannot happen through regressions or any other methods.. The physical entity must make as strong a connection as possible to it's spiritual self by itself .. if a third party is involved then nothing of any real consequence can happen Our spiritual selves only want and can only establish a proper connection through us .. a third party is a waste of time It needs to be understood all past incarnation memories are memories of our spiritual selves so whatever third party you use can never work in establishing a proper connection.. This side show of faces works for me in getting me to another place where I can make a very strong connection to BB my pure spiritual self .. As I have said the stronger connection the more memories you will access and the further you will go back in time of those incarnations .. As you know I have been able to go way way back..which is proof of what can be done.. There is little doubt in my mind because of my strong connections to BB he has given me abilities I did not have in regards to his past incarnation memories.. a big side effect if you can establish a strong connection

All The Best

Anyone who is suddenly in one place, like outside a house, church, I mean more location wise ? I get this all the time when ever I accidentally ( when being relaxed and awake ) or intentionally start meditation. Then I sense the feeling of the place, me ( or past life me ) and so on. The places swifts on me. Sometimes I know the places, other times I don't.

Back