• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

son talks about being an American firefighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukmom

Senior Registered
I mentioned at the time that my son then around 2 appeared to have prior knowledge of numbers. Now at age 5 he is still very good with numbers and he could also fluently read by the age of 3. He has just started school and teacher is fairly amazed by his reading and looked to us for an explanation which we don't have.

Anyway my reason for posting is since an early age he has been interested in fire fighters but more the american style as compared to our UK fireman over here.

From around the age 3 he began giving us names. He especially talked lots about Lou and even gave us a surname. I had taken Lou to be a first name he was referring to but recently became aware that in America they have fire Leutenants. Would someone in the fire service refer to themselves as LEU(with surname) rather than Leutenant?. During role playing with his sisters he has talked lots about "pater/pata" is this an american term/name? I should add we personally don't know of any people with the names he mentioned. He has no problems around fire but is wary of elevators.

J

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Son talks about being and American Firefighter

Fire Dept Lingo

I got a bit misty after reading this short thread. The reason being I tend to be a little intuitive sometimes. After 911 I attended to many funerals and witnessed the exit of 343 brave members of the Fire Department of New York (FDNY). Now we may be seeing an entrance. I believe the young lad could be the returned soul of a firefighter killed on 911.

Three things are mentioned that may seem like small clues but actually loom large when it comes to 911 and the FDNY.

Lou / Elevators / Pater

I will take these one at a time and give you my thoughts.

LOU: In the U.S. (especially the Tri-State area, New York, New Jersey and Connecticut) the term "Lou" is used when addressing a Fire Dept. Lieutenant under non-formal ( by "non-formal", I mean not in front of the Public ) conditions such as fire-ground operations or in station. A Captain would be referred to as Cap. This is not disrespectful and I have observed the feeling of respect and love by their use. FDNY loves to keep talk to a minimum to the point where they have even shortened "OK" to "K". So, on the fire-ground when an officer give a command over the radio instead of hearing a reply of "Yes I understand and will do that right away Captian (or Lieutenant)" all you will hear is "K Cap", "K Lou" or just plain "K".

Elevators: Firefighter are wary of elevators. You will note signs near elevator stating not to use them when there is a fire in the building. There are many reasons for that we won't go into here. Fire Depts. have keys to operate elevators during operations in building under fire conditions. They must be used with care. There have been cases where the firefighters have ended up on the same floor as the fire and not be able to close the door because of the smoke blocking the light beam that tells the door not to close. On 911 the first arriving firefighters at the Twin Towers (World Trade Center) were greeted with a horrific sight. The doors of the elevators opened and the occupants came out of the cars very badly burned from the flaming jet fuel that had made its way into the elevator shafts.

Pater: As Ailish mentioned, "Pater" is the Latin word for "Father." On 911 the FDNY lost its Chaplain, Father Judge. He was much beloved (and I can't stress much enough). He was killed in the collapse of the first tower and is listed as victim #0001. Some of the firefighters carried him to near-by St. Paul church and laid him on the alter. In New York City he was probably called many things, Father, Pater, Padre...with all the nationalities and accents you can imagine all the variables to that. Irish might sound like Faaa-the, a New York accent would be Fada and so on.

From these three clues I would say, Firefighter/911/FDNY

So, UKMOM, hug the little guy for me.

Best, Jeff Keene

Asst. Chief F.D. (ret)

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Son talks about being an American Firefighter

Fire Stations in N.Y.C. have numbers. Engine #10 and Truck #10 were very near the WTC and could see it right across the street when they looked out their front door. This station was known as 10/10 or 10 house. The number 2 could be anything, Engine 2, Truck 2, Rescue 2... UKMOM should listen for the number 10 followed by another number. A 10 system was very much used in past years and portions still remain today. It is a code as 10-20, or 10-4 (10-20 meaning location and 10-4 being a reply in the affirmative). Hope this helps.

Best, Jeff

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Son talks about being an American firefighter

Jeff,

Thanks for your informed comments.

UKMom, is there anything else your son has said or done to lead you to believe that he was an American firefighter? Any behaviors? Does he have any specific knowledge about firefighting? I suspect you're on the right trail in believing that he was a firefighter.

The attack on 9-11 is such an emotional topic. It's comforting to believe that your son may have been one of the firemen killed on 9-11. (Because, I think that some of those souls are probably back, and it would give us all some kind of closure.) However, I hesitate to jump to that conclusion based on what you said--unless there is more to the story.

I, too, am curious: what is your son's birth date?

Thanks for sharing. Please let us know if anything else comes up.

Carol

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Son talks about being an American Firefighter

Hi again

In answer to some of yr questions my son was born 9th October. Which would have made me 8 months pregnant around September 11. Would this be too soon?.

I too have considered that he could have been talking about 9/11 but was wary of adding 2 plus 2 and making 5 partly due to my own depth of feelings about the events and the fact I myself am interested in reincarnation. I even wondered could I have transferred my own thoughts onto him whilst in the womb.

The pata he mentioned sounded like patter as in the patter of tiny feet.

During role playing aswell as names and giving his sisters orders he talked about putting his dogs in the back of the truck which I found a bit strange as we didn't own a dog (although we do now) and it was all very matter of fact.

I myself did a search of firefighters who sadly died on 9/11 and had a partial match of a surname(not the first name) he mentioned but again I'm very worried about jumping to conclusions and/or possibly upsetting the family involved.

As he has become older my son is reluctant to talk much about his possible past life and has never shared any great detail about the roles of firefighter especially in comparion to the little boy who talked about a past life in Scotland on a recent tv programme. I'm not sure what more if anything I'll be able to uncover but will keep listening.

much love to all

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back