Strange child called me daddy

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Carl_M, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Carl_M

Carl_M Senior Registered

A few years ago I was working as the despatcher for a daily newspaper.
    One afternoon a delivery contractor arrived and in the vehicle with him were his wife and a young boy. The boy whose name is Ben was 3 years old, and we had not seen or heard of each other before this time.
    When his mother opened the van door Ben jumped out, ran straight to me and taking my hand lead me back to his mother.
    He said to his mother, "this is my other daddy, he lost me when a cart ran over me."
    Ben's family are of Maori (New Zealnd native) origins while I am of English/Irish origin and very fair skinned, so Ben"s anouncement was a rather startling one for both of us.
    I had some knowledge of the theory of reincarnation but had not given it much credence before that day. Now I a believer.

2. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hi Carl

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing such a quaint story. I can imagine it must have blown your mind at the time, or at least left you scratching your head for some while ;)

How did the mother react??? And did you actually feel a connection with the child at the time???

3. Carl_M

Carl_M Senior Registered

strange child

Hi Kelly,
    Thank for the welcome.
    When I saw Ben runnig toward me I knelt down without even thinking and held ny arms out to welcome him back.At least thats what it felt like even though I did not understant it. His mother just did not believe it because he was normal very shy and would not go near a stranger. But she accepted what he said with out critisism.

4. Aaron

Aaron Senior Registered

Carl, hello and welcome. Were you a believer before this happened? Or was it meeting someone familiar that generated an acceptance of the idea of reinarnation to you?

Have you had a chance to read Carol's books yet? They are full of information and very interesting!

5. Carl_M

Carl_M Senior Registered

Hello Bluehaze

No I was not a believer before I met Ben. I had always had an interest in spiritual ideas and had some knowledge of reincarnation but was rather sceptical especially when you get people claiming to be reincarnations of famous people etc.
    Meeting Ben changed my outlook thogh I still think some of the things that people claim are just over active imagination.
    I came to this site by seeing it mention on a discovery chanel program on past lives and have not yet seen Carol's book.
    I have always felt that man was much more than appeared on the surface. Thats why this poem appeals so much to me. View attachment the cage.doc

6. Eevee

Eevee Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Carl,

Do you see this child regularly, or was it just a one time meeting?

Eevee

7. Carl_M

Carl_M Senior Registered

Hi Eevee,
    Ben became as much a part of my family as my own children.
    When he first started school he was having dificulty with reading English. So he came to stay with us and I taught him to read. He spent a lot of time at our home over the years. He went overseas 4 years ago and we have not heard from him very often.

8. Zapperannie

Zapperannie New Member

Hi Carl

I'm new here ... this is my first post actually. Your story has both intrigued and confused me somewhat ... simply because you didn't mention whether you had actually lost a son (& in this manner) or not. If not ... I don't really understand 'the connection' here.
    Please explain so that I can hopefully better understand. I'm new to this, but hugely fascinated and definitely do believe in reincarnation and After Life.
    I've just finished reading "Life After Death" by Neville Randall, and it had me blown away. So many true stories from recordings taped over many years. Amazing!
    Looking foward to your explanation Carl ... well, that's if you don't mind.

Love and light to you and all,
    Annie
    ;)

9. Carl_M

Carl_M Senior Registered

Hi Zapperannie
    Welcome to the forum. I hope you find lots of answers and helful people.
    Bens statement confused me as well. It was not until later when I asked him for more information about the time he was run over that I came to understand.
    The time and conditions that he described fitted the American West in the mid 1800's His knowledge of the times and conditions were impossible knowledge for a 3 year old child living in New Zealand.
    This led to the conclusion that he was talking about a past life of mine in which he was my son. In his exacat words "I was 8 years old and we were in town getting supplies when a horse pulling a cart bolted and run over me".
    That statement was the one that convinced me! A 3 year child just would not say something like that unless it was real to him.

Have you read "the cage" is says in a few lines what some people take a whole book to explain.

10. Zapperannie

Zapperannie New Member

WOW! :eek: That's amazing Carl. ;) THANK YOU for explaining.
    I'd love to read "The Cage" ... please share more details ... author etc. It sounds like another MUST READ! :D
    Like Mama ... you're blessed! :)
    Zapperannie.

11. Zapperannie

Zapperannie New Member

Oh Carl .... the 'penny' just dropped when I went BACK and saw your attachment on a previous post which mentioned "The Cage" ... forgive me ... I'm in Africa .... and although the majority on this continent are by no means 'slow' ... I certainly am ... but that, i think, is because I tend to become 'clouded' when I'm so overwhelmed. Everything in life boils down to some form of validation ... and when one 'gets' that .... it's a wonderful feeling!
    THANK YOU ... bless YOU and YOURS and Ben & his 'new' family too of course!
    Zapperannie;)

12. Carl_M

Carl_M Senior Registered

Hi Zapperannie
    click on the words the cage to download the poem it will take a few seconds so be patient
    Regards Carl View attachment the cage.doc

13. Carl_M

Carl_M Senior Registered

Hi Zapperannie
    Our last two post must have crossed in the posting. I dont think you are the least bit slow just new to the forum.
    Remember "as a man thinketh in his heart so is he"
    Therefore always think and believe good positive thoughts about yourself.

The one thing in this world that we have complete control over is our thoughts. We can choose to think anything that we want to, and no one can stop us. We can decide how to react to the things that happen. The best things happen to they who make the best of things that happen.

Be not just happy, but outrageously happy for no reason at all. Wake up in the morning and decide that this is a great day to be alive. Sing a happy song think happy thoughts and avoid negative people like the plague.

This does not mean that we ignor problems, it just means that we do not allow them to overwhelm us. Accept problems as a challenge and seek the best way to deal with them. Its amasing how quickly they disappear when treated this way.