• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Sunniva's memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunniva

Administrator Emeritus
I recall the fear of Henry VIII - the fear of his unpredicting nature. The fear of him deciding to want me. I think I tried to avoid being near him and make myself as unnoticable as possible .

Was I at the court? I don't know, but the other night I had a dream that I want to tell you about although I only remember fragments:

I was in a darkened room which was only lighted by candlelight. I remember how the wood in the room (on the four-post-bed e.g.) got an amber colour because the candlelight.

I was in bed, but not asleep. Henry VIII was in the room too, sitting on the other bedside, his back turned towards me. I remember his heavy breathing. He was in his late years, fat, enormous actually (at least that is how I see him).

Son of a leader in the paleolithic era

I had a life in the palaeolithic. I study archaeology and last year we went through the palaeolithic period and I felt very attached to it and had very vivid images pop up in my mind when we heard about it.

It's got something to do with being attached to nature and not really thinking of nature as something seperate from me, but a part of me.

When I think back on that life I feel happiness, peace and...bear :) I was a man, the son of the leader, and died young.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Life in the Paleolithic

A woman at the court

I was a woman at the court and was definitely there when Henry married Catherine Parr. I also feel a certain connection to the other queens - but *not* Catherine of Aragon for some reason, but I don't even know if it was possible to be a lady-in-waiting for all of them...Maybe I just knew of the other wives.

I definitely feel connected to Catherine Parr. I feel I look up to her and admire her.

I don't know or have any connections too Edward VI, Mary I or Elizabeth I so I think I might have been gone from the court by then.

I feel my name was Anna, but it could be recorded (in case it's recorded) as Anne as I've seen it happen with Anne Boleyn's name (Anna Bolina e.g.)

Late paleolithic, early mesolithic era

I was a young man in my early twenties, probably around 20-22, who felt very important. I was to take over the leadership when my father died, but I never lived to do so.

I was a hunter and was probably more brave than talented - I was killed by my prey.

I had a 'wife' and a child, but was more concerned about showing off and fighting for recognition (especially from my father) .

The girl I had 'married' was a lot younger than me, around 15, and she was a good wife to me. Sadly I didn't really appreciate her and often hurt her by my egoism and absence.

I believe this life took place in the late paleolithic, early mesolithic era - that is around 9-8000 BC (Danish timeline).

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Life in the Paleolithic

I may have been a monk

During the last couple of days I have solved a puzzle in my head coming to the conclusion that I used to be a monk.

I have always been drawn towards the middleages and catholicism. At a very early age I felt a deep love for the Virgin Mary (I'm born protestant) and the older I got the deeper the longing for her and catholicism. This was to an extent that I wondered whether I should convert, but during research of the faith I couldn't relate to many of the rules. So the longing after this remained unexplainable.

Secondly, my love for gothic buildings, especially the churches, but it's only the style used in Germany/the Netherlands - I have a strong devotion towards these two countries. I can't explain the feeling I get when I'm there. It's peace, happiness but also fear of the mighty and feeling small.

The name Nicolas has clinged onto me for years. There's a certain attachment and familiarity to that name - and this was when the revelation came :). The other night just before I fell asleep I said the name 'Nicolas' and I felt very strongly a male in his mid-20s to mid-30s, tall, dark hair, dark eyes and dressed in a brown cloak (what monks wear?). Also the year 1420 stood out.

I have had many 'flash backs' without being able to understand them or understand their relationship with one another. A lifetime as the monk Nicolas in what I believe to be the present day south of Holland makes a lot of things a lot easier to understand.

Sunniva

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Monk anyone?

A very early lifetime

I have lived a couple of lives in pre-history. The first one (I remember) was just after the ice had gone about 11.000 years ago. I was tall, blond, strong - a young, attractive man. I may have been killed by a bear. I feel him being - in nature - fairly alike my present 'me'.

A flash associated with Germany

I have a flash back that I somehow associate with Germany: a street in a small medieval town, between the houses - crossing the street - hangs small flags in red, green and yellow, like if there's a festival.

I also get a flash back of the Mayor's house, which is an impressive building in Gothic style. Up high on the building there are small figures of men working in different occupations. I associate this house with Germany too, however it could be anywhere in Europe.

I think however that I'm mixing up lives here - I think I have lived a few lives in that area (Germany and the Netherlands), so the street, the mayor's house and the old towns in Holland/Belgium may not have anything to do with another, but I'm sure that my monastery was in one of these places.

Sunniva

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Monk anyone?

Late 70's/early 80's Germany - a punk lifestyle

I have a feeling - and one single picture in my head - of being a young man in Germany in the late 70's very early 80's (I was born into this life in 1984).

I have this flash of walking down a street in a big city in the night. The street is wet from rain and lights are reflecting in the water. I feel that I'm tall and very thin and that I have a punk-lifestyle. I just feel it's Germany and that it's an industrial city.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread How much do you remember...

German-Roman emperor Charles V and the walking stick

The strangest thing I have had happening was that an image of a certain person I had in my head turned out to be true.

It's a famous historical person, the German-Roman emperor Charles V. and when I pictured him - for some reason I pictured him with a walking stick and as a tall, thin man, which didn't really corresponds with most pictures of him.

However on painting he was actually depicted with a walking stick and from another source I found out that he was nowhere 'emperor-like' in appearance. It was a fantastic feeling :)

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Knowing things that you never knew

Father

I remember my father clearly from my Swedish pl. I'm not sure about his name, but I have a strong vision of him. He was a very charismatic man, very kind and gentle, very intelligent and patient. My mama was somewhat more unstable and I had a problematic relationship with her, we didn't get along well, so that probably explains why I remember papa much better.

One specific memory is from our villa in the countryside on a sunny afternoon. I think I'm playing on the floor with a doll and he's looking at me, smiling gently. He had put down the newspaper for a moment to look at me. He smiled a lot with his eyes and was one of those people that seemed to smile constantly (I know it's silly, but Timbaland looks like that too:rolleyes::tongue:).

I only have very fond memories of him. I was a real daddy's girl.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Remembering 'Father

Past life dream of the 1820's?

I wonder if what I dreamt last night was a past life dream. It certainly had elements that were very dream-ish, but the whole scenery was something I've never dreamt of before.

I've copied this from my notes:

I was in a grand flat, it was a wealthy home, the interior decoration hinting at the 19th century – in my dream I felt 1820's, but it could be later than that.

We were three people there: me, a man and his wife. I think I was a maid, but it's hard to say entirely, because focus shifted – sometimes I saw something from the eyes of the man, other times I saw it through his wife's eyes and I was also present where I don't think they would have wanted a maid to be present.

Anyway, first thing I remember was making a bed. It was huge and quite high up. Lots of pillows, soft, heavy blankets – all white – and then a cherry-red satin (or silk) blanket to cover it all with. The bed was of mahogany, four posts. There were large windows in the room and I believe they were looking out at a yard with more apartments on the other side, an old fashioned, very wealthy apartmentblock.

I remember vaguely the man and his wife. Mainly her. She was very distressed about something and he was trying to calm her down. Her hair was brown, curly – she was very pretty, not that young, neither was he by the way. I would think they were probably mid-30's to mid 40's.

I remember them being in the bedroom where I just made the bed. She was lying there, dressed, with her back towards him and I think she was crying. He was sitting on the other half, trying to convince her of something. I can't remember what they were talking about, but they were arguing.

As a maid, I don't think I would have been in the room at that point, but in the dream I was there ”in bed with them”. Suddenly a little girl entered the room. She is about 3 or 4 years old and she's wearing a lightblue dress, she has lightbrown hair. I don't know if it's their daughter, they hardly seem to notice her. She says that someone is waiting for me in the kitchen, someone has come to see me. A man, she doesn't know who though when I ask her. It's just some man.

I leave the room – at once annoyed to leave the intriguing scene and exited to see who is there. I walk out the bedroom and into a short narrow hallway that is connected to a living room. I walk past a round mahogany table and think that this would make a great movie!:laugh: Hehe that was probably my present self thinking that though...I walk through the first livingroom, it cool and dark – it's late afternoon I think and the lights haven't been turned on. I can hear clocks ticking. The windows are looking out on the street in these rooms, they have curtains of lace. In connection with this livingroom there is another, which is bigger. In the middle of that room is a couch and next to it sort of a mannequin wearing a dress. It scares me in the greyish dark although I know it's a doll, I find it creepy. I don't have to go near it though, I turn left as soon as I've entered that room and walk through a door and down a staircase that I know leads to the kitchen.

I'm able to draw my route from the bedroom to the kitchen. It was very clear and detailed.

However before I get down there and see who has come to see me, I wake up. I was really quite disappointed to wake up then, but in the dream I was so exited to have a visitor and I really wanted to see who it was.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Past life dreaim of the 1820's?

I have memories of ancient Greece too .

In a regression I saw myself as a young girl aged 17 or 18. I lived with my family, we weren't rich, but had no needs, were well-nutritioned. It was a very happy life, I had a loving family with a wonderful spirit. I had no cares, and although life was hard at times, it didn't seem to bother us. I believe I was free to marry whom I wanted (it was a small community so there probably weren't that many to chose from anyway) and I was happy.

During the regression I got the name Andra - it could be a nickname, but I think it was my name. I also got the place name Miros. I couldn't find Miros during research afterwards, but I did find a place called Milos - a Greek island in the cyclades, which matched exactly with the landscape I had seen.

I haven't had that many memories of this life though - all the above came during only one regression, but I feel a great longing for Greece and for my island :)

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Greek lives and connections

Past life

I don't know too many details of this life - I only began having several memories and working on it this year.

But what I know now is that I was born male, probably in Birmingham - although I have some connection to Liverpool. I was born most likely around 1960 and died in the early 1980's (before 1984). The first memory of this life was of me walking down a rainy street at night, the surroundings looked a bit industrial. I was alone, mainly looking at the pavement before me. I was quite tall, thin, dressed in very tight clothing.

What I know about my family is based on intuitive thoughts, so I hold the right of changing it, but at this point I believe I grew up in a nuclear family: mum (possibly her name was Sheila), dad, an older brother and me. I don't know if my mother worked, but my father worked at some factory - a lowpaid, low educated (if at all) job. He was a drinker and could get quite abusive when drunk. My brother - whom I haven't had many memories off - I believe was a soldier. At some point I thought he had been killed, but I'm not sure at that anymore. I am sure he was far away during the last years of my life and that it made my mother very sad.

I grew up in a very typical British rather poor workingclass neighbourhood. I have a memory of a neighbourhood consisting of what seemed like endless rows of houses, plastered in a yellowish-brownish colour.

I don't have any memories of going to school, nor do I remember any friends. I think I was a loner, depressive (possibly due to drugs) and I went to concerts in small places, I have a feeling they weren't always legal (???). I'd stand in the back, completely stoned.

That life ended tragically with me comitting suicide. I've had a quite disturbing memory of jumping off a bridge.

/Sunniva

This post and discussion is continued in the thread PL dealing with early punk rock music scene

Childhood games and past life memories

I'll start (if you think it's a bit fragmented it's because I copied it directly from my journal ;) ).

This is the childhood game that stood out to me in particular:

I would dress up in the backyard in a medieval looking costume I had, and I would go about a regular business, doing chores that seemed medieval to me. My parents had hens in a gardenshed and I would live in that house, sleep in the hay and use the porch as kitchen. I had a huge iron pot that I used to 'cook' food with. In my game I was a young girl living on my own in a small village. There were about four other places in my parents' garden that in my imagination were cottages and I would visit those, who lived there – in my imagination ofcourse – helping them out and chatting.

This is what I got out of Roger Woolger's exercise:

He told me dwell on this game and go deeper into it. I saw myself as a rather tall, thin girl with ashblonde hair. She was dirty and wore worn, greyish brown clothes. A dress, I think, though looking more like a sack. She lived in a small village, I specifically saw a watermill (this could be a help in dating the memory). It was connected to a house and a small, but strong stream ran through it. I think it was in England. She made baskets out of willow and sold them on a market. When asked by Woolger to hold an image where I felt satisfaction and/or fullfilling I saw from her eyes as she stood in her booth and had just sold a basket. She also noticed someone carrying one of her baskets around at the market and she felt happy and proud of her work.

It's the first time I've seen this girl and this place, but it was very interesting. I have thought for a long time that my childhood obsession with medieval times had to be pl related, but it's nice now to have something that I can base my meditations on.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Childhood games and PL memories

Meredith?

Last weekend I had a good chance to try out the Woolger cd. It was beautiful weather, so I went outside in the sunshine and got comfortable on a blanket. This is what came out of it.

I already mentioned some of my results with Woolger in this thread and I thought it would interesting to focus more on the girl.

This is from my journal:

I saw myself in a room, it was very minimalistic if not poor. It was a kind of livingroom. I was standing by a table made of dark wood and I think I was sowing something. I had needles in my mouth. Behind me was a window without a pane, only shudders on the inside, and the sun was shining through the open shudders with a warm, summery light. I could hear the sound from outside of cows moving by and their cowbells and a guy calling 'Meredith' – I feel that was my name. I felt happy to hear his voice and went outside in the sunshine to greet him.

Next, I saw was of this girl standing by a bridge. She had a leather bag on her back with willow in it. I was waiting for a carriage to pass the bridge as there wasn't enough space for both me and that. A sleepy man with a hat was driving it and a sleepy ox was dragging it. It was heavy and moving slowly, squirkingly over the bridge. I greeted him with a smile and a wave and he put his hand to his hat, but his facial expression didn't change. I also think I had a basket in my hands. It was cloudy, but summer.

I also went to a scene where I was sitting by a bed, an alcove. A very sick woman was lying there, practically dead, and I was so sad that she was dying. I think this was my mother. I heard a church bell somewhere outside and I thought 'Another one is gone'.

When asked to go to a happy scene I saw myself on a crowded "street" (more like a wide, muddy path between houses) watching a procession go by. It was a very short flash, but I think they were nuns - they were singing and swinging those incense bowls used in the Catholic church. I remember thinking I was safe, that the Devil couldn't catch me here and that it was good they did this cleansing so that the Devil would go away.

No dates yet, but definitely very medieval times ;)

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Experiences with the Woolger CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back