• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Swimming

Galadriel

Senior Registered
The other day my sister took all the kids swimming at a friend's house. When she came home she told me Delenn had no problem in the kiddie pool, but when she tried taking her into the big pool, she freaked out saying that she was going to drown. Afterwards she didn't want anyone to go into the big pool, telling my sister that they were all going to drown.

------------------
There is no such thing as too many books. Too few bookcases can become a problem, however.

Hi Megan

What was Delenn like when she came home that evening??? Has she ever expressed a fear of water before???

------------------
Lots of Love
Kelly

I don't take the kids swimming much, because Dave is terrified of water, having nearly drowned several times, and I don't feel comfortable watching all of them myself. Delenn doesn't/didn't have a fear of shallow waters. But she was fussy/clingy when I took her to the beach the once. I just assumed at the time it was a fairly normal type fear at being in a strange envrionment, never before being in deep water. This time, I had to work, and my two sisters took her to a friend of one of their's. She was fine in the kiddie pool, but got all panicky etc. when they tried to take her into the big pool. My sister said that she was like that for about an hour, so they called everyone out of the pool and fed them lunch. then after lunch kept Delenn to the kiddie pool. She was calm and perfectly normal when she came home. I wish I'd been there to see her actual reaction.

------------------
There is no such thing as too many books. Too few bookcases can become a problem, however.

Well, we took her swimming again, and this time an aunt took her into the pool.

She was very taken with my aunt, to the point of my shy one running up to her and throwing up her hands and saying 'up'. However, when she tried to take her into the pool, Delenn got all freaky and started crying. My aunt asked her what was wrong and she replied that she was going to drown.

My aunt: I won't let you drown honey.
Delenn: You won't drown me?
No.
Oh, ok.

She was calm enough after that to want to spend most of the afternoon in the pool, like the rest of the kids.

------------------
If all the World's a stage, and we are merely players. Who wrote the blasted script???

You won’t drown me???

Very interesting that she should ask that. Do you think some of the fear could come from her deep connection to you at all Dave??? Are the children aware of your own “dislike” of water….can’t help but wonder if that could have added to the trigger fro her perhaps???

Sounds like a reassuring word from someone she loved and trusted was all she needed to move past that little block though

------------------
Lots of Love
Kelly

Oops I posted the above. I'm not used to Dave having his own nick, so I forgot to check and see that the right one was posting. But to continue...

The thing is that she doesn't know this aunt (at least in this life), she's only seen her 2 other times. Also, the older 2 kids have never had a problem with water, even when young, they'd have the initial hesitation when they first got in, but after a minute or two, they were fine. I suppose it's possible that she has the fear because of her connection to Dave though. But I thought the question in itself was somewhat interresting.

Hi Megan…LOL…now you’re just trying to confuse me aren’t you…LOLOL

When I mentioned Dave’s fear of water being a connection, I was thinking more in terms of his fear being a trigger to Delenn’s memories and fears…if that makes any sense. I know the bonds between children and parent can sometimes defy a lot of what we think we’re NOT communicating…LOL…but if she picked up on that fear…it could have helped her own fear surface…whereas the other two don’t hold this “past fear” and so are able to move past it…I hope I’m making sense…LOL

Dave of course, could be nothing to do with it and it could simply just have surfaced in Delenn because she was around a bigger body of water and that caused her to reflect…the possibilities are many, but I’m more intrigued by her question so purely asked and the assureity from that one simple answer from the aunt she hardly knows. She must have a connection with her somewhere along the line, or maybe just picks up really good vibes from her…in either which way…it seemed to work

------------------
Lots of Love
Kelly

I would say that her relationship with my aunt would have to be from a previous life. Of course that could just be me, because I don't care much for drunks, which she definately is. On the other hand, she wasn't drinking that day, so who knows...

Well I certainly catch your train of thought there in regards to past or present connections

Was it Delenn who went "fishing" in the front room that time???

------------------
Lots of Love
Kelly

Back