• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Terryifying Dream

BriarRose

Senior Registered
Last night, I had one of my "talking dreams" . It was truly terrible. A voice told me to remember the term, "flensing". The word was spelled for me, and then the voice said, "flensing knife". Every time I was in the state between waking and sleeping, the voice repeated the word "flensing". I finally asked why, and the voice said, "The knife is needed to remove infected flesh from a wound." I'm sorry - I know this is horrible. When I woke up, I googled the term, and, yes, flensing knives exist. They are used in whaling for removing blubber. I find whaling completely disgusting, and love whales. I don't blame Inuit people for whaling, but I do blame the West for hunting the poor animals nearly to extinction. As far as I know, I had never heard the term "flensing" before. Why would I "hear" this? There seems to be a warning, or implied threat in the episode. Am I being haunted by my "x", who just died after amputation surgery? Do I need to buy a flensing knife to prepare for some future emergency? Did I have a PL as a whaler, or Inuit? I don't remember any! Usually, the "voice" is the way Guidance sends messages to me, but they are never terrible. Help! What do you think of this? I am aghast.

BriarRose said:
I find whaling completely disgusting, and love whales. I don't blame Inuit people for whaling, but I do blame the West for hunting the poor animals nearly to extinction.
The Inuit's only killed what they needed for survival. Did you know the oil companies saved whales from extinction?

No, I didn't, dear argonne. I'm glad someone did! I do know that whaling is a part of Inuit culture, and an important component in survival. What do you think the dream voice was about? I hope I am not going to be flensed, or required to flense anything? Is there a supernatural component to this?

Hmm ... fear ... I think there is probably a rational element to this, and you will likely find there is nothing to be afraid of once the pieces fall into place.

As an example of an alternate approach, I typed the word into google maps and got this and this. Of course, I'm not the one who will know, so I didn't really push other avenues of exploration.

I looked at the maps, Dreamer. The voice was very clear that it was about the knife, and the removal of flesh. I will do some more looking at Flencing Deck, and Flencing Island though. Thank you.

The root word "flense" means to strip away...ostensibly blubber or flesh. It could be a metaphor for stripping away aspects of something which doesn't serve you, paring away an unwanted surface or layer. I have gotten views of hugely unappealing situations used as metaphors to explain non-negative matters before. Remember, our guidance are non-humans trying to relate to our frame of reference, or what they think we will know.

On a lighter note I had guidance tell me to hang on as some bumpy issues were coming up on my life path and the image he gave me was to 'wax down my surfboard" so I wouldn't slide off when the surf got big! I got it and he was right.

With that view, what might you need to pare off or flense in your current situation? I would not expect you to need the literal flensing action or knife, but there may be some aspect to your life which needs excision.

Ooh, very true, Usetawuz! I've been given some "interesting" illustrations for current attitudes and situations in dreams before, though I usually feel a "sense of metaphor" about the imagery.

Oh, thank you, Usetawuz! I knew I was a member here for a good reason. That must be what they meant. The things that have served their purpose - either world view, beliefs, objects, or relationships, need to be stripped away. I will meditate about what I need to discard, or "flense". It didn't occur to me that they were speaking in metaphors, but of course, they do! Because they used a word I didn't know, it is obvious that the message came from an external source - not my subconscious. I hope I can figure out what to "flense", but "they" will keep after me until I do! :rolleyes:

I am getting images of revoluntary and war civil

because of on site amputations they did back then.

Or this when they were doing alot experimental

surgery many years ago.

To treat all ills. Cast evil out etc.

Consider, especially, something that has wounded you and keeps coming up, Briar. If there is an infection, it's not going to heal so it would make sense to remove whatever is irritating the wound.

There are some amazingly psychic people on this forum! I suspect that some of the "flensing" is connected to amputation, the Civil War, and the recent death of my "X", shadows.

Dreamer, I may have an infection that needs attention, but it is something that's hard to resolve.

The "flensing" applies to my situation on so many levels right now. I must need a complete purge. If Guidance is telling me to get rid of "blubber", they could tell me to lose weight in a nicer way! :laugh:

Something that has wounded you and keeps coming up and isn't healing doesn't have to be literal either. I think usetawuz may have it correctly, as a metaphor.

I think you are right, Chryscat. Your post brings to mind another situation that I have that keeps recurring, and is painful. When Guidance used the word "flensing", "they" covered a lot of ground! I have a lot of flensing to do. I really appreciate your input - you helped another piece of the puzzle fall into place. :)

Hi BriarRose

It might also be a warning if you or a loved one is having surgery to choose your doctor carefully. There is one doctor in my town whose patients way too often end up with mrsa. Just a thought, and it may be way off but as I have learned in life ...when I get a message ... LISTEN

We don't have surgery planned, but I just had a small lesion caused by a staph infection. I think it's called "angular cheilitis" - a small sore at the corner of the mouth. The on-line advice was depressing - that the lesions recurred, and couldn't be cured, even by doctors. I used honey on a cotton swab, and it was gone in a week. I always take what Guidance tell me seriously, Mama. Thank you - I always appreciate your good advice, and common sense. :)

Thank you, Chryscat. I should have been clearer in my phrasing.

I'm really curious how things proceed with this one, Briar. What an interesting message it was!

I could not come up with a better example of Bardo-speak than this:

1) archaic language

2) slightly frightening (I suspect, so you will remember.)

3) and as Usetawas pointed out, metaphoric

The only thing I would add is, "they" said flensing knife. I would first try to go back to the image I saw when I heard the phrase, as anything you google will only give a modern interpretation -- what has passed down through history-- but may not be exactly what they meant to convey.

Soo interesting, BriarRose. I do now think it was a warning about the lesion. A comment, try to find locally grown honey. According to Chi when you use local honey it comes from local flowers, etc and it should work even better.

I am really glad the honey worked. I am shocked at how well the old ways work so often. Modern medicine I find does not always hold the answers over what our ancestors knew.

Briar, very often the nagging physical conditions are triggered and prevented from healing by emotional conditions. I know my health directly correlates to my inner state ... (and now I'm suddenly considering whether my general susceptibility to inflammation might be the physical representation of my emotional sensitivity to irritants. That would be a pretty direct translation ... hmmm... )

If you haven't heard of Lissa Rankin, take a look at her TED talk. I'm learning a lot from her.

You guys are all amazing. Blueheart, your knowledge of the Bardo helps with this. They never show me images, though - just words. I "hear" the words mentally. I don't think the auditory nerve is affected at all, which reinforces the idea that I was in the Bardo. They spell the words for me, so there will be no doubt. I "see" the alphabet letters. Some times they repeat names, and that has always been past life information. One night, they repeated "Robert de Forest", all night. It was funny how specific they were - "Only one "r" in de Forest!" When I googled him, he was a past president of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and died in 1924. My PL mother may have worked for him as a servant, but I have never been sure.

Mama, I believe in the "old" remedies. I always try those for small ailments, before I try modern medicine, and often they work. I will look for local honey. Honey is a great anti-bacterial agent, and I could extoll the wonders of apple cider vinegar all day, but I will spare you all! :D

Dreamer, I think the mind-body connection is very powerful. The physical body is a mirror for our emotions. I will look at the link. Thank you! I'm not familiar with Lisa Rankin, but the books of Dr. John Sarno have saved my life. If you can, read "The Mindbody Prescription".

As for the "flensing", I have made a list if things I need to "flense", and because of all your support, I am not afraid anymore. Blueheart - the idea of "flensing" was so horrific to me, that it did implant the word in my memory, as you suggested. The word "knife" was used by Spirit, probably because I wasn't getting it. Guides may be caring, but they are not "warm and fuzzy". I think that image is probably wishful thinking on the part of humans.

Does anyone have any idea about how I should go about flensing my Karmic ties to my dead "X" husband?

The first thought that came to me, Briar Rose, when I read your post was, 'she needs nuummite'. It is used for cutting ties to the past, both lives and memories, and other peoples' holds on us from the present or the past. Coincidentally, nuumite also happens to be an Arctic-derived stone, and is often used with tugtupite, another Inuit stone.

OMG, Lynette. That stone actually ties in with flensing/whaling/Inuits. I'm going on Amazon to see if I can get a specimen. I consider it an "emergency" purchase. ;) I get way more back from forum members than I ever give. hug3.gif

I ordered the nuummite, from the seller who had the best reviews. I usually like to select my own stones by hand, but I thought it might be a while before I could shop for one. Do you have any advice for how to use it, Lynnette? I ordered a smooth, palm-sized piece, but it will probably take a week to get here.

BriarRose said:
OMG, Lynette. That stone actually ties in with flensing/whaling/Inuits. I'm going on Amazon to see if I can get a specimen. I consider it an "emergency" purchase. ;) I get way more back from forum members than I ever give. hug3.gif
:D I'm glad to be of service! LOL Hope you manage to find one. If you can, get a stone that is combined with tugtupite. They potentiate each other, and are two of the most lovely stones I have worked with.

BriarRose said:
There are some amazingly psychic people on this forum! I suspect that some of the "flensing" is connected to amputation, the Civil War, and the recent death of my "X", shadows.
Dreamer, I may have an infection that needs attention, but it is something that's hard to resolve.

The "flensing" applies to my situation on so many levels right now. I must need a complete purge. If Guidance is telling me to get rid of "blubber", they could tell me to lose weight in a nicer way! :laugh:
LOL, I'm afraid I would take it that way also.:laugh:

It is interesting though. I would imagine or hope you'd get more dreams relating to this.

I have to say anything to do with whaling makes me think immediatley of New Zealand but yes could also be inuit connection.

I don't know about the Inuits. When I woke up this morning, there were birds "calling" outside. I immediately thought, "It's my mother. She makes that call." When I was fully awake, I realized that my mother never made a bird call in her life! Past life mother? Could be. These were wild parrots. So Cal has big flocks of them now. Mere Dreamer and I were just talking about Inca culture, and Peruvians coveted parrot feathers. But, you mentioned New Zealand, and it has parrots.:confused:

I really don't know whether New Zealand has parrots Briar Rose. I know Australia does & thinking of New Zealand in the Pacific can imagine it may well.

I do think any bird is a good omen though.

starry, my lives are exhausting - even to me! :D Now, I have to go glaze a meat loaf! The practical sometimes interferes with the spiritual, doesn't it? We are both "beings" - "here and now", and "there and then". :laugh:

Like a few other posters, my initial thought was that it might be metaphoric. That maybe there is someone/something in your life that needs 'shedding' - like a snake. But the other thing I wondered was the voice itself - was the voice a friend or not? Did it feel like a warning or did it feel like something was trying to toy with you? Go with your instinct - and you have strong instinct, BriarRose, I'm sure you'll find the answer.

I'd take a dream like that very seriously. This has happened to me several times where something(s) has whispered in my ear during the awake/sleep time.

Back