• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

The Burning Times

Tsarevna said:
In my case I was not wrongly accused, I feel I was 100% guilty. I was practicing witchcraft with a few other women of my village.
Well, it doesn't matter if you were practicing or not. No one should be killed for their beliefs.

ChrisR said:
No thanks!! I'll take your word for it ;)
It's good that those days are long gone now as all of us here would probably be burned at the stake for believing that we live more than once. It's nice to know that we've at least grown a bit more civilised over the centuries in that department : angel
What I find so scary, Chris, is that my 'other forum', which is a financial/political one is filled up with fundamental Christians (mainly in the USA) who would be all too happy to burn us at the stake, or at least shoot us/forcibly 're-educate' us.

I found out about James Deringer on that forum and some of the responses to an article about him a more open minded person put up on there are truly medieval. A lot of clap trap about possession and heresy.

The scary thing about my 'other forum' is that the mods on there so much value 'freedom of speech' than anything goes in terms of opinions (not swearing or personal attacks).

More and more there have been racist and sexist threads on there which have driven many more intelligent and open minded posters away.

The fear of strong minded and independent women on there - and just about every woman on that forum is of that sort, or they wouldn't be interested in finance and politics - is very alarming. Though ironically most of the mouthy bigots on there also hate Muslims, their thinking, on women, is very like extreme Islam.

Any man on that forum who defends the women posters is told he is weak and 'pu**y whipped'.

Maxine said:
What I find so scary, Chris, is that my 'other forum', which is a financial/political one is filled up with fundamental Christians (mainly in the USA) who would be all too happy to burn us at the stake, or at least shoot us/forcibly 're-educate' us.
This is exactly my point. These people are supposed to be followers of Christ, but their behavior is the exact opposite. Jesus taught love, peace, and tolerance. Their stance is hate, and intolerance. It doesn't make any sense. They may not be harming anyone but the intent is still in their heart.

Back